Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 56.
#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Agree with this. I suck at pinball, and I’m not worried about the Marvel ramp too much. It was definitely setup steep and difficult, you can see it and they confirmed it too.
Love how the gamma spinner mode looks and sounds, love the Hawkeye shot, and the mode with the limited flips. I do agree with others and wish there was more Thanos though. Again, I suck and I’ll never get to battle him, but I wish I could see and hear more of him at least.

Or if not more Thanos, then how about at least some callouts from some of The Black Order as you're battling them individually? Maybe then it would feel more like a fight with them during those modes.

This is nit-picking though. I loved what I saw. Got my deposit already in for a Pro!

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

Finally finished the complete stream on this machine.
It always amazes me reading the forums on pinside, because I'm floored at how many different types of pinball enthusiasts there are. Sometimes I feel like every one of us likes pinball for wholly different reasons than everybody else. Some are all about the IP and "being true" to it, while others are about the layout, rules, toys, etc.
So I'll say it... I love what they've done with this pinball machine. A lot of people will initially look at this machine as being too complex or intimidating, but I really have an appreciation for how innovative and yet nostalgic this machine is. It borrows from a lot of machines in design, and all in good ways. The way you can place your gem on a shot, the computer matrix of modes and achievements, leveling up your heroes, the ramps/spinners/spin-disc... I really feel like Keith just keeps getting better at this. And now teaming up with Raymond on rules, it's clearly a machine that will keep your interest for a long time.
I think Stern is really on to some cool improvements code-wise. The soul-gem mode being based on flip-count is an awesome addition, and I like that they are really thinking hard about what these alternate game-modes mean and how people will use them (with regards to Battle-Royal, Escape from Nublar, etc...).
And from a competition standpoint, with all of the different scoring paths and opportunities, it will be super fun to watch how strategies play out player-to-player.

Agreed. Feels like this one will hold our attention at home for a very long time.

#1853 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Or if not more Thanos, then how about at least some callouts from some of The Black Order as you're battling them individually? Maybe then it would feel more like a fight with them during those modes.
This is nit-picking though. I loved what I saw. Got my deposit already in for a Pro!

Agree 100%. taunts from thanos/black order during battles would be great.

#1854 3 years ago

Link to Marvel stream, please.
Thanks!

#1856 3 years ago

If anyone complains about this stream, YOU effing try it. Jack is killing it. Playing great while holding a conversation, answering rules questions on a game he's barely played, giving a pinball 101 tutorial on the fly for non-players.

#1858 3 years ago

This stream is very calm and relaxed and I'm digging it a lot.

#1859 3 years ago

Looking at stream but no account.
During battle, is there shot to do and other not to do?

#1860 3 years ago

Nice. Ray just announced on the Twitch chat... more Thanos.

"There are plans for a *half way there* Battle with thanos part 1 after playing 3/6 gem quests"

#1861 3 years ago

I'm digging the Pro! I like the quick turn-around spinner shot. Good chance that will be my next Stern game.

#1862 3 years ago

Only caught the end of the Pro stream, but it looks like it compares better to the Premium that I thought it might. Looks like fun and I might have to pick one up!

#1863 3 years ago

Pro looked fantastic - Came off really well

#1864 3 years ago

DeadFlip killedddd that stream. My fiancé got some of the rule flow today and can’t wait for our machine. Well done!

#1865 3 years ago

Pro looks like a blast. Even though we lose out on that Captain Marvel wire form and portal subway, still, from a rules and actual gameplay standpoint, looks like you don't miss out on anything, really. Glad I got my deposit in.

#1866 3 years ago

@ Jack - great job on the stream. Enjoyed listening to the Chef too !

#1867 3 years ago

Pro looks great, flow looks a lot nicer and plays faster (which is a given, since the the time it took for underground shot, the ball to go through the subway, and it to eject through the VUK seemed to slow it down quite a bit, but still) I'll want to see more of that captain marvel ramp in action to see how often it rejects before making up my mind on which one.

#1868 3 years ago

I'm glad I ordered a pro the other day. I really liked the way the pro played on the stream with the spinner shot instead of the ramp.

#1869 3 years ago

Great stream DeadFlip Thanks again!

#1870 3 years ago

Yeah thanks @deadflip. You sold the Pro today. Can't wait.

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Nice. Ray just announced on the Twitch chat... more Thanos.
"There are plans for a *half way there* Battle with thanos part 1 after playing 3/6 gem quests"

Really?? Thats awesome!

Did you guys saw how easy the Gauntlet ramp was? great

#1872 3 years ago

That was a great stream and it was much easier to tell what was going on with the game.

#1873 3 years ago

It looks great when you take the tilt bob out.

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Pro looks like a blast. Even though we lose out on that Captain Marvel wire form and portal subway, still, from a rules and actual gameplay standpoint, looks like you don't miss out on anything, really. Glad I got my deposit in.

Seriously, unless I'm forgetting something big, I don't know if the Premium is worth the extra cash anymore. Captain Marvel rail, vari-disc lift to subway, and Thanos mold in the corner. Anything else?

#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Seriously, unless I'm forgetting something big, I don't know if the Premium is worth the extra cash anymore. Captain Marvel rail, subway, and Thanos mold in the corner. Anything else?

Lifting disc i believe

#1876 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Seriously, unless I'm forgetting something big, I don't know if the Premium is worth the extra cash anymore. Captain Marvel rail, vari-disc lift to subway, and Thanos mold in the corner. Anything else?

A sense of pride and accomplishment of owning a Premium

#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Seriously, unless I'm forgetting something big, I don't know if the Premium is worth the extra cash anymore. Captain Marvel rail, subway, and Thanos mold in the corner. Anything else?

Those were my thoughts when I first saw the stern game feature videos.
The subway was a cool feature but looked like it would slow the game down. The captain marvel ramp looked very cool and that was what made it hard for me to decide between pro or premium. In the end I decided 1 ramp wasn't worth the extra $2800 for me here in Australia. That and I liked the art a lot more on the pro cabinet.

#1878 3 years ago

I would wait till Jack plays the premium on Wednesday before I right it off.

#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Those were my thoughts when I first saw the stern game feature videos.
The subway was a cool feature but looked like it would slow the game down. The captain marvel ramp looked very cool and that was what made it hard for me to decide between pro or premium. In the end I decided 1 ramp wasn't worth the extra $2800 for me here in Australia. That and I liked the art a lot more on the pro cabinet.

Yup. I saw the anti-gravity ramp and instantly ordered a Premium as I couldn't miss out on that, but when you really think about it, it's just another wire form (a very cool one though). The subway looked awesome in action, but I could really care less as a player as it isn't anything to interact with directly.

Stern should really create a modular system for their pins. It's hard enough to decide WHICH theme to buy, but then once you decide on that, it's more agony deciding on the trim.

#1880 3 years ago

Ayyyy thanks for all the kind words, folks!
That was a blast.

Huge shout to marvel for trusting me to take over their channel. Justin, for those that don’t know, is a buddy of mine and Food Network royalty!

I got my premium ready to come to the studio for the big test!

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That was a blast.
Huge shout to marvel for trusting me to take over their channel. Justin, for those that don’t know, is a buddy of mine and Food Network royalty!

Great stream Jack!

#1882 3 years ago

I thought I was in, I watched the video, and now Im out. Good video though and thanks for helping me determine that this ones not for me.

#1884 3 years ago

I'd love to see a "tag in" feature in future code, to bring in a guest star Avenger not already in the game to help out in the battles via the apron button.

Nab that idea from Capcom's fighting series, but just let the character stay till battle's end.

#1885 3 years ago

Anyone know when the replay from today’s stream will be up? Just got off work and missed it.

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Anyone know when the replay from today’s stream will be up? Just got off work and missed it.

It‘s still on or aint I watching live? XD

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It‘s still on or aint I watching live? XD

Found it on the marvel twitch page. I was looking on the Deadflip page.

#1888 3 years ago

It's over. Was an hour and it posted for replay now.

#1889 3 years ago

5 minutes in and this is much better than the stream a few days ago. The pro is looking much more capable than I initially thought as well. I was all in on the premium after the announcement but this stream has me thinking a pro might be just as good!

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Simple. Don't buy an LE. Wait to see how game is received by others, get some personal play time if possible, and see how code evolves. Buy a premium if games looks good and save money over LE. That or buy used LE.

Not so simple! Not unless you are never going to be a serious LE purchaser in the first place.

Where do you buy used LEs from? That is, used LEs of good and popular pins? I know where to buy used LEs of pins that aren't much good or aren't popular, but not LE versions of pins that are highly sought after. Unless of course, I am willing to pay ridiculous prices to try to pry one away from a happy owner.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Where do you buy used LEs from? That is, used LEs of good and popular pins?

The US. It’s very rare that they don’t come up multiple times a year. I realize AUS is a whole different animal, but there’s no reason to jump into LE land without playing the game first over here.

#1892 3 years ago

Watching Jack right now and this broadcast is night and day better than the one 2 days ago. No masks! AIQ has better audio than thought before too, because the audio is direct linked now (although wish there were some power guitar riffs). The banter between Justin from Marvel and Jack is so much better too.

Plus Jack is making the rules make sense as he plays along.

#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Watching Jack right now and this broadcast is night and day better than the one 2 days ago. No masks! AIQ has better audio than thought before too, because the audio is direct linked now (although wish there were some power guitar riffs). The banter between Justin from Marvel and Jack is so much better too.

Couldn’t agree more!

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This exactly! Why am I enjoying this so much more than seeing two of the best players ever play the game?
Answer: Jack is an entertaining guy, great communicator, and really good at his job.

Back to being pretty excited about this game. Everybody should check out the pro stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/738233411

AVENGERS_PRO_STREAM (resized).jpgAVENGERS_PRO_STREAM (resized).jpg
#1895 3 years ago

That was a (much more) fun stream to watch.

#1896 3 years ago

Thanks Jack for a great stream and elevated language being family friendly, whole family could watch and enjoy too. Loved your explanation of basic pinball skills and showing the depth of AIQ in a simple way. It all makes better sense now. Fun game, that if the first stream would have been like this, would not have had questions in some people’s minds about the rules of the game.

Your setup of the game geometry is better, as the ramps look easier to make, unlike the harder setup of the first broadcast.

#1897 3 years ago

pro looks great! wow, this game looks both challenging and fun!

Thanks, Jack! ...and thanks for keeping your pants on!

#1898 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That was a blast.

That was cool! My son who is huge into cooking shows thought it was cool Justin was on the stream.

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Not so simple! Not unless you are never going to be a serious LE purchaser in the first place.
Where do you buy used LEs from? That is, used LEs of good and popular pins? I know where to buy used LEs of pins that aren't much good or aren't popular, but not LE versions of pins that are highly sought after. Unless of course, I am willing to pay ridiculous prices to try to pry one away from a happy owner.

Well, if you are a serious LE collector and willing to pay ridiculous prices then you accept all that goes with it. I just don't understand complaining about something you willingly go along with like some people do.

#1900 3 years ago

Pro looks awesome... Sometimes less is more. I am really not sure that the marvel ramp is better than the spinner U shot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Scranton, PA
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/38?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.