Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 56.
#1801 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I’d find a new distributor.

Yep, Bought two LE's back to back from this one and this may be my last...

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

we're plunking down 9k cuz we saw jack danger in a mask showing off a new pin? cmon...

Make it 10K and I’ll ONLY be wearing a mask. Rawr.

#1803 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Some notes about the Marvel stream tonight.
Front page so... good luck chatting.
1080@30FPS (Marvel’s tech orders)
Just me physically playing.
Second remote (Celeb marvel host) will be fielding question for me from the chat.
I’ll explain what I can, but this stream is about showing Joe Q. Public how fun pinball is and more specifically; Avengers.

Great!

I thought it was too funny about you being a hipster.

I don’t know exactly what a hipster is but i did just google and this is one image that came up. Just saying.

D02C986D-39CD-4BC4-867F-1DC03EA61A24 (resized).jpegD02C986D-39CD-4BC4-867F-1DC03EA61A24 (resized).jpeg

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great!
I don’t know exactly what a hipster is but i did just google and this is one image that came up. Just saying.
[quoted image]

FRICK! Haha

#1805 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

hehe, to be honest i bought most of my pins because you showed them off in an entertaining way and got me interested.
i have no possiblilties to test the games, so i have to order them blind.

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Like it so far also, watching the recent avengers movies (now) this week. Would like to see more or a story on the screen to explain the moves and built excitement but overall it could be a win

Youd be better off watching season 2 of Avengers Assembled on Disney+ (if you are just trying to get into the lore of the game)
Most of the voice work and animations seems to be based of this series and season 2 is very Thanos driven

#1807 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

hehe, to be honest i bought most of my pins because you showed them off in an entertaining way and got me interested.
i have no possiblilties to test the games, so i have to order them blind.

Heck yeah mar dude!
This Wednesday, I’ll be streaming the game from my studio... THATS the real test of a pin. ❤️❤️

#1808 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Heck yeah mar dude!
This Wednesday, I’ll be streaming the game from my studio... THATS the real test of a pin. ❤️❤️

Thanks for doing what you do Jack. It definitely helps when most of the country can't go out and play a machine in person.

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Thanks for doing what you do Jack. It definitely helps when most of the country can't go out and play a machine in person.

Literally my pleasure.
I need to make it up your way once it’s a little safer to do so!

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I don't believe the stream is the issue. I think it is the way preorders and now prepays in full have to be made prior to seeing any game play. Currently you are making a large purchase based off some art, which looks incredible ZY! AIQ for me had to be paid in full, by bank transfer, no credit card which really caught me off guard. So an instant decision had to be made... Being a HUGE Thanos fan I had to make a snap decision and now seeing Thanos is pretty much absent from the game along with some other things I didn't care for I know I may not like this game. I LOVE the artwork but to buy another 10k Christmas tree for me to look at is not in the cards for me.
IMO, If anything I think the streams should be done in advance or day of like Iron Maiden was, of the preorders, prepays or dealer lists being collected. This way customers will get the chance to make an educated decision based on their needs and wants not based on fear of missing out...

Simple. Don't buy an LE. Wait to see how game is received by others, get some personal play time if possible, and see how code evolves. Buy a premium if games looks good and save money over LE. That or buy used LE.

#1811 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I don't believe the stream is the issue. I think it is the way preorders and now prepays in full have to be made prior to seeing any game play. Currently you are making a large purchase based off some art, which looks incredible ZY! AIQ for me had to be paid in full, by bank transfer, no credit card which really caught me off guard. So an instant decision had to be made... Being a HUGE Thanos fan I had to make a snap decision and now seeing Thanos is pretty much absent from the game along with some other things I didn't care for I know I may not like this game. I LOVE the artwork but to buy another 10k Christmas tree for me to look at is not in the cards for me.
IMO, If anything I think the streams should be done in advance or day of like Iron Maiden was, of the preorders, prepays or dealer lists being collected. This way customers will get the chance to make an educated decision based on their needs and wants not based on fear of missing out...

Thats a shitty distributor youve got then. A deposit is all that should necessary. In my case $2,000 cdn (so like $8.99 usd)

#1812 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I’d find a new distributor.

Thou shall not speak ill of one of the most loved distributors on Pinside. But I agree. Pretty amazing what people will put up with.

#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thats a shitty distributor youve got then. A deposit is all that should necessary. In my case $2,000 cdn (so like $8.99 usd)

Yeah, most distributors take a deposit (fully refundable) and give some time to decide after full reveal. Then you either pay the balance or get the refund based on your thoughts of the reveal.

#1814 3 years ago

Sorry Jack, WE know youre not a hipster but a tall, thin, sometimes mustached, well dressed guy who is into pinball checks a lot of the hipster bingo sheet. Wear a fadora in the next stream and even I might start to doubt you lol.
Ok now you HAVE to rock a hipster hat tonight lol

#1815 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sorry Jack, WE know youre not a hipster but a tall, thin, sometimes mustached, well dressed guy who is into pinball checks a lot of the hipster bingo sheet. Wear a fadora in the next stream and even I might start to doubt you lol.
Ok now you HAVE to rock a hipster hat tonight lol

*Opens secret closet full of Fedoras*
I gotta do what I gotta do.

#1816 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Looking forward to the stream tonight, sir. Do you know (meaning have you played the pro enough to answer) about the "Change GEMS" question I had earlier in the thread? The insert is on the right Pym target with no VUK, so it can't hold the ball to actually move the GEMS around.

#1817 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Looking forward to the stream tonight, sir. Do you know (meaning have you played the pro enough to answer) about the "Change GEMS" question I had earlier in the thread? The insert is on the right Pym target with no VUK, so it can't hold the ball to actually move the GEMS around.

I haven’t touched a pro yet.
Going in early to learn all I can!

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Some notes about the Marvel stream tonight.
Front page so... good luck chatting.
1080@30FPS (Marvel’s tech orders)
Just me physically playing.
Second remote (Celeb marvel host) will be fielding question for me from the chat.
I’ll explain what I can, but this stream is about showing Joe Q. Public how fun pinball is and more specifically; Avengers.

Kewel, love Joe Quesada (great guy) fantastic artist as well

#1819 3 years ago

Co-op play is great for the occasional game.

If a game has Co-op then it's likely other features are neglected or omitted.

Keith's games don't need Co-op as so far they have been coded as well as any other games out there.

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Couldn’t agree more! I thought the stream was great. I have a basic collection with simple rules but I didn’t find the rule set to be overwhelmingly all. Can I write the instructions for the game by watching the livestream? Heck no. But I got to see it played and got a basic understanding of the rules prior which I believe was the intent.

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Keith's games don't need Co-op as so far they have been coded as well as any other games out there.

Co-op doesn't sound too complicated to implement. I have not seen it but sounds like it's the same as setting up extra balls per game but spread out over players. Maybe it's a low priority and team busy with other tasks. Maybe Stern is still debating whether their games should have this feature. Regardless, it's not in the game as it stands so I would not expect it.

#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

You da man! Always appreciate your passion and positivity when it comes to pinball in general. I've been watching you for over a year on stream and you play a huge role into if I get a machine or not. Your experience and the way you look at games is important to me as an average joe!

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Co-op doesn't sound too complicated to implement. I have not seen it but sounds like it's the same as setting up extra balls per game but spread out over players. Maybe it's a low priority and team busy with other tasks. Maybe Stern is still debating whether their games should have this feature. Regardless, it's not in the game as it stands so I would not expect it.

Should be something that’s easy done. TNA has special rules like not allow extra balls but otherwise simple code. However there is a learning curve to how you activate the mode. I mean maybe they don’t want to confuse location players who might not want one type of play or the other.

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great!
[quoted image]

It's so weird to hear a lot of people not know what a modern day hipster is. They're well known and plentiful in Canada. Is this a generational gap or geographical?

#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

if the secret closet is where I think it is... Make sure to shake off all the spiders.

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Where do I sign up?

Is there an option for private party?

God I hate my puns.

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Looking forward to your stream today as a bright spot of the day Jack! Good luck, and have fun..!

#1828 3 years ago

DeadFlip Do you know if today's stream will go up on youtube or twitch vod after the fact?

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

"Change GEMS" question I had earlier in the thread? The insert is on the right Pym target with no VUK, so it can't hold the ball to actually move the GEMS around.

On the Prem stream I believe the answer was that you shoot the right (Gauntlet) ramp and the ball will get trapped by the post above the upper flipper. this will give you time to change gems before releasing the ball.

In addition, I believe starting a gem quest will work the same way.

Edit: just looked at a playfield picture and you're right about the insert. hopefully it all makes sense on the pro.

Edit2: alright, it turns out you qualify it by shooting the pim target when kit and THEN shooting the right ramp. mystery solved!

#1830 3 years ago

Honestly, I don't understand all the "conSTERNation" about the reveal streams. I always viewed them as Stern allowing us pinheads to participate in their internal celebrations that a game was done and ready for market. A fun way to show us the newest game and the folks who were responsible for creating it. I never viewed them as professional marketing nor do I think they are intended to be that. They aren't supposed to be full-on tutorials but simply a way for the company to allow pinheads to be part of the "fun" and see the elation they must feel when a game gets finished and sent to the production line. I am sure they will sell every Avengers: Infinity Quest game they make. If we want full-on tutorials and strategy sessions from them, I would suggest that type of content comes after we have games in our homes. I would love that content in fact - release a complex tutorial for the game say when Premiums have started to ship. The 2 events would keep the buzz going. Make that tutorial more professional and choreographed.

#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

A game with co-op would last longer in my collection than one without. When friends/family visit, people with varying skill levels like playing the machines together, and the more ways to play, the better. I am sure any owners with kids would also agree. Co-op is a great feature for any objective-based game.

I'd love to see the other features ported over from TMNT too: like 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 1, play too.

#1832 3 years ago

So JD is streaming the pro this afternoon at 4PM EST on Marvel's Twitch?

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Yes Elwin, I dont refer to him by his 1st name as I dont suck up his backside...

I call him Keithie-poo. That's how I roll.

#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What did he say? Did he post in this thread?

Yes he did and I found it generous of him to take the time for us.

Quoted from sk8ball:

Apologies for not really delving into the rules last night. We really just wanted to show the game in action because let's face it, if you don't have access to one to play then it's going to be in one ear and out the other. Plus we are still polishing and difficulty balancing so some things are subject to change. I promise we will do a rules centric stream like we did JP soon.
Rules are really not that complex as they may appear.
Shoot disc to spell strange and begin quests. These are the 5 main modes in the game that follow the storyline to your battle with Thanos
Computer grid on the drops are bingo based side quest modes. lit square will move around the grid, shoot any drop to lock it in, complete drops to collect that square. Make a bingo to collect a super computer mode. There are 6 super computer modes and a mini wiz mode here.
Collect Avengers by shooting the associated avenger shots. There are 3 mini wiz modes here, Soul quest, Black Order multiball and Battle royale
Where the code gets layered is in the Gem and Avenger power-up perks. We will cover this in the future I promise.

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Honestly, I don't understand all the "conSTERNation" about the reveal streams. I always viewed them as Stern allowing us pinheads to participate in their internal celebrations that a game was done and ready for market. A fun way to show us the newest game and the folks who were responsible for creating it. I never viewed them as professional marketing nor do I think they are intended to be that. They aren't supposed to be full-on tutorials but simply a way for the company to allow pinheads to be part of the "fun" and see the elation they must feel when a game gets finished and sent to the production line. I am sure they will sell every Avengers: Infinity Quest game they make. If we want full-on tutorials and strategy sessions from them, I would suggest that type of content comes after we have games in our homes. I would love that content in fact - release a complex tutorial for the game say when Premiums have started to ship. The 2 events would keep the buzz going. Make that tutorial more professional and choreographed.

For the gameplay reveal my preference would just be to have direct audio and video of the game and watch Keith and Raymond battle it out for 3 games without all the dialog. The more indepth tutorials can come later. I just want to see how the game plays, looks, and sounds and i can try to piece together the rules in my head from watching.

#1836 3 years ago

I'm pretty certain I heard somewhere in the stream that you could set the game for up to 10 balls per game. Perhaps this was someone being sarcastic, but it sounded like they meant it. If that's the case, as far as co-op goes, why not set the game up for 8 or 10 balls and just take turns playing a 1 player game?

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm pretty certain I heard somewhere in the stream that you could set the game for up to 10 balls per game. Perhaps this was someone being sarcastic, but it sounded like they meant it. If that's the case, as far as co-op goes, why not set the game up for 8 or 10 balls and just take turns playing a 1 player game?

Never done it but I've been told you can set up most any modern Stern game for 10 balls. It's not a new thing.

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If that's the case, as far as co-op goes, why not set the game up for 8 or 10 balls and just take turns playing a 1 player game?

It's just a better UX experience is all. Having the separate player entities versus the steps to constantly change the number of balls per game multiple times a night.

If you go by the "just increase the balls" logic, every game with an adjustable number of balls has "co-op". It's clear that isn't the intent behind the term.

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's just a better UX experience is all. Having the two separate player entities versus the steps to constantly change the number of balls per game multiple times a night.

Plus, it helps you keep track of who's supposed to be playing via the player#.

#1840 3 years ago

Just ordered Premium.....

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's just a better UX experience is all. Having the separate player entities versus the steps to constantly change the number of balls per game multiple times a night.
If you go by the "just increase the balls" logic, every game with an adjustable number of balls has "co-op". It's clear that isn't the intent behind the term.

I understand that and agree 100% with you. I'm simply saying if it's not available on a game and someone really had an itch to play some co-op, it's an option.

#1842 3 years ago

Finally finished the complete stream on this machine.

It always amazes me reading the forums on pinside, because I'm floored at how many different types of pinball enthusiasts there are. Sometimes I feel like every one of us likes pinball for wholly different reasons than everybody else. Some are all about the IP and "being true" to it, while others are about the layout, rules, toys, etc.

So I'll say it... I love what they've done with this pinball machine. A lot of people will initially look at this machine as being too complex or intimidating, but I really have an appreciation for how innovative and yet nostalgic this machine is. It borrows from a lot of machines in design, and all in good ways. The way you can place your gem on a shot, the computer matrix of modes and achievements, leveling up your heroes, the ramps/spinners/spin-disc... I really feel like Keith just keeps getting better at this. And now teaming up with Raymond on rules, it's clearly a machine that will keep your interest for a long time.

I think Stern is really on to some cool improvements code-wise. The soul-gem mode being based on flip-count is an awesome addition, and I like that they are really thinking hard about what these alternate game-modes mean and how people will use them (with regards to Battle-Royal, Escape from Nublar, etc...).

And from a competition standpoint, with all of the different scoring paths and opportunities, it will be super fun to watch how strategies play out player-to-player.

#1843 3 years ago

For beginners, and even more advanced players. 10 balls may still not be enough to reach the very end of the game and see everything. I always thought it would cool to have a "course mode" for home use. Where you get unlimited balls and you get to keep playing until you reach the end. The mode could keep track of how many balls it took, time it took, etc.. and give you a score or grade at the end. With co-op on TMNT I guess I could set up a 4 player co-op game with 10 balls each. Then, I'm pretty sure I'd get to see everything. It still might take a few attempts. Too bad I don't own one.

I'm really liking the trend of adding a challenge mode that's based on a wizard mode that your can choose instead of a regular game. I got to do this on JP2 for the first time a few days ago. Way cool.

#1844 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

It's so weird to hear a lot of people not know what a modern day hipster is. They're well known and plentiful in Canada. Is this a generational gap or geographical?

I actually do know what a hipster is, but when I hear Jack trying to say he’s not, I thought if he’s not they what the heck is a hipster?

#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

https __i.pinimg.com_originals_d8_c4_23_d8c4233691c8c2dcf58c394e6c8c1798 (resized).jpghttps __i.pinimg.com_originals_d8_c4_23_d8c4233691c8c2dcf58c394e6c8c1798 (resized).jpg
#1846 3 years ago

How do the insert lights move on the grid? I mean are they controlled by slingshot hits or something different?

#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How do the insert lights move on the grid? I mean are they controlled by slingshot hits or something different?

Looked like timing.

#1848 3 years ago

Hahahahaha

#1849 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just on a timer. Rotates around the grid. Once you hit a drop it locks that one in.

#1850 3 years ago

Battle as Thanos I still think would be really cool. It would be fun to play VS mode and have one or more players playing as the Avengers, and one person playing as Thanos stealing the gems back and forth between the players/rounds. In the end if the Avengers players win then the Thanos player's score gets snapped off the board or vice versa. Looking forward to the stream Jack!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/37?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.