Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 56.
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I'd like to see a reverse mode where you can plays as Thanos or maybe a vs mode so you can fight for control of the gems vs the Avengers in 1v1, 2v1, 3v1.

That's a great idea, it would definitely step up the whole "Challenge" thing they've started doing.

Quoted from djsoup:

I agree that the Trophy cups seem a bit out of place with the theme, but its minor.

I agree, I could definitely live with it, but there's gotta be some sort of Marvel Universe collectible that makes sense in their place. Especially when the Ultimate Wizard Mode is based around them. At least from a theme integration perspective, it seems strange.

#1752 3 years ago

I bought this for my son about 4 years ago at Hobby Lobby. Looks like some of the art from this poster is used in the game.

A43DD461-DEBF-48F7-8B97-7FB6661F617A (resized).jpegA43DD461-DEBF-48F7-8B97-7FB6661F617A (resized).jpeg

#1753 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

That's a great idea, it would definitely step up the whole "Challenge" thing they've started doing.
I agree, I could definitely live with it, but there's gotta be some sort of Marvel Universe collectible that makes sense in their place. Especially when the Ultimate Wizard Mode is based around them. At least from a theme integration perspective, it seems strange.

Totally. The Nublar Escape on JP2 had me thinking in reverse. Plus I want to play as Thanos. Maybe there's a Thanos Champion award where once you collect all the gems you snap half the scores off the board haha!

I'm with you here too. Relics from each Avenger could be cool. Collect Cap's shield, Nick Fury's eye patch, etc. LOL

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

One important criticism imo: is there anyway to change some of or most of the music to more rock, as done in the movies? Music did seem rather bland? Heard that music was kind of rushed, so really hoping they will straighten the music out and make it much better to draw you in, as code develops. Wondering if this was the missing ingredient during yesterday’s stream???
Music seemed dark and gloomy from what I could make out. Shouldn’t it be more fun, upbeat with guitar power like done in the movies? Might this be the main missing ingredient many are feeling? Music is a powerful part of any game to draw you in and set the tone, imo.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

In the stream they said the music was completely finished. It was done by same guy that did the JP original music. I hate it for avengers, works fine in JP.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed, works for JP, but doesn’t work well for AIQ. Don’t like the dark, somber tones of the music in AIQ. Wish it was more upbeat, with power rock guitar music, more like the movies. Similar to LZ Immigrant song intro for Thor and Avengers when they come into battle Thanos. More upbeat and thrilling rock music similar to that would do wonders for AIQ.

Agree on Immigrant Song for Thor......However, I'm waiting to see how it sounds in person, but if it disappoints then maybe cleland will save us!!

#1755 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is what it would look like. As long as your arms aren’t super short, should be fine. But if you’re an animated player, you’ll have to chillax a bit. [quoted image]

If I were stern (and clearly I'm not) I'd figure out a way to mount and wire a gopro style cam to the apron for glass off reveal streams.

#1756 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I bought this for my son about 4 years ago at Hobby Lobby. Looks like some of the art from this poster is used in the game.
[quoted image]

Interesting. I've said multiple times in these threads that I felt there were at least two different art styles in play for the LCD, and neither were ZY's. Glad I'm accurate, and not batshit. Thank you!!!!

I know he mentioned time restraints. I wonder if that was what he was referring to or if Disney has a design template in some capacity, for how they want art represented. One or the other.

There was a static image of a few Avengers, almost profile, and one of Scarlet Witch that deviated from this style, and ZY's as well.

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

If I were stern (and clearly I'm not) I'd figure out a way to mount and wire a gopro style cam to the apron for glass off reveal streams.

Been there done that. Vibrations suck. Admittedly I didn’t use a go pro, but the shaking sucked.

#1758 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Been there done that. Vibrations suck. Admittedly I didn’t use a go pro, but the shaking sucked.

good point! they've got engineers on staff tho, sure they can figure something out!

#1759 3 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

good point! they've got engineers on staff tho, sure they can figure something out!

One stream the angle was so cool I just dealt with the shaking. It was BKSOR LE and I shoved a camera above the drain on the apron. Thought I saved the video, but can’t find it.

#1760 3 years ago

GoPro now has cameras that would 100% negate the shaking. Hell, they mount them on mountain bikers helmets on downhill runs and have very little vibration. A pinball would be childs play comparatively

#1761 3 years ago

Lots of people dropping out after the stream... I like the game even more after the stream and can't wait to play it!

#1762 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Lots of people dropping out after the stream... I like the game even more after the stream and can't wait to play it!

Hopefully one of the people dropping is looking for a super nice dialed in le and will buy mine that’s listed. I am still all in for AIQ LE. I thought the game looked super fun in the stream.

#1763 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Hopefully one of the people dropping is looking for a super nice dialed in le and will buy mine that’s listed. I am still all in for AIQ LE. I thought the game looked super fun in the stream.

Like it so far also, watching the recent avengers movies (now) this week. Would like to see more or a story on the screen to explain the moves and built excitement but overall it could be a win

#1764 3 years ago

The game looks sick and so does the stream big shout out to mr Elwin for making what looks like a killer game

#1765 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Lots of people dropping out after the stream

There’s a YouTube vid where someone (Ohio pinball champion) really gives a fuck about people dropping out or not buying bc of the stream. He talks 38 minutes about how Stern could (in his opinion must) better their reveals the basic message was the stream was way too confusing esp for a non pinhead audience and he warned Stern/Jack Danger to not do the same on the marvel stream today as the damage would be much more severe. A great nonpinball audience (marvel fans) will watch.

Jack already said yesterday he will do quite the same today only next week when he does a stream alone will he slow and ease things down. Well see.

#1766 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed, works for JP, but doesn’t work well for AIQ. Don’t like the dark, somber tones of the music in AIQ. Wish it was more upbeat, with power rock guitar music, more like the movies. Similar to LZ Immigrant Song intro for Thor and Avengers when they come into battle Thanos. More upbeat and thrilling rock music similar to that would do wonders for AIQ.

Agreed too.
As i said before, i’m also disappointed with jackpot callouts as they feel bland to me and don’t know why this voice of a kind of female robot. many options could have been explored with all the caracters, iron man, hulk, thor...for jackpot callouts , depending of the MB played. MM and BSD are still my all time favorite jackpot (or 30m) callouts, so far.

However, i was in for a LE before the streaming and still in after the streaming. I like what i see and i’m sure to like what i’ll see too. It will keep getting better imo. Don’t know yet how the topper could work in the game, certainly a cool feature too.

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

For your typical pinhead the stream would make no difference... its still just a video of guys playing it. Pinheads like us will still get it and sort the rules etc in our own time. Its the fringe buyers that would be possibly dipping out or buyers that can pick just 1 game a year and not all of em. Or possibly the new buyer... stern has done a spot on job of choosing a theme to pull them in... and thrn they follow up with a turd of a presentation.

Stern know they effed up.... hence the apologies today from Elwin. Yes Elwin, I dont refer to him by his 1st name as I dont suck up his backside... i recognise him as an outstanding designer and player... presenter? Not so much. Bottom line is the stream was disorganised and quite frankly crap. The game for me didn't suffer from it as I was getting it regardless.

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

There’s a YouTube vid where someone (Ohio pinball champion) really gives a fuck about people dropping out or not buying bc of the stream. He talks 38 minutes about how Stern could (in his opinion must) better their reveals the basic message was the stream was way too confusing esp for a non pinhead audience and he warned Stern/Jack Danger to not do the same on the marvel stream today as the damage would be much more severe. A great nonpinball audience (marvel fans) will watch.
Jack already said yesterday he will do quite the same today only next week when he does a stream alone will he slow and ease things down. Well see.

nobody cares about pinball streams...sorry guys. they sell exactly zero machines, and i find it hard to believe anyone actually cancelled their l.e. after seeing one...

stop pretending marketing and advertising actually matter in pinball, it's a pat on the back waste of time lets be honest here. we're plunking down 9k cuz we saw jack danger in a mask showing off a new pin? cmon...

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

nobody cares about pinball streams...sorry guys. they sell exactly zero machines, and i find it hard to believe anyone actually cancelled their l.e. after seeing one...
stop pretending marketing and advertising actually matter in pinball, it's a pat on the back waste of time lets be honest here. we're plunking down 9k cuz we saw jack danger in a mask showing off a new pin? cmon...

The world's foremost pinball company putting on display their brand new high end luxury item on 2 of the worlds biggest media platforms presented by world leading designers and players counts for zero sales you say? Ooookay

#1770 3 years ago

maybe the next streaming must be played more in order to show and explain all features than doing the best score.

in first stream, maybe my bad, but didn't really see the use of grid feature, pop up post, vuk, subway.
Please take time to show and explain before playing. thanks

the more i see this gauntlet the more i think they forgot to paint it!

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

nobody cares about pinball streams

I and you dont care I did not even watch the stream only saw 2nd hand about it. I also dont care how many machines Stern sells. What I do care about is an uprise of the competition to have a richer market and i think there is a legit point the competition watched the stream and the reaction to it carefully to maybe improve. I dont know if streams influence sales (a lot) maybe it does.

Quoted from donkadelic:

Stop pretending marketing and advertising actually matter in pinball

Fomo is one of the biggest sellers in pinball. Spooky for example sold 750 RMs in 4 hours (only) by creating fomo.

#1772 3 years ago

In regards to streams having an impact on sales or not - right now due to covid I think it does. Tougher for people to get their hands on a game now to try one out. Streams of new games are a little more important right now in regards to sales.

Hope the stream tonight of the Pro is a good one and has a decent vibe. Looking forward to seeing it.

#1773 3 years ago

Streams are how I decide to buy all my games. I live far away from major cities, so I can't play games in the wild.

Streaming of games is a huge resource for me.

#1774 3 years ago

The only thing that annoyed me about the stream is that the guys act like they can’t be bothered to answer a question. The co-op question is a good example.

#1775 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Music seemed dark and gloomy from what I could make out. Shouldn’t it be more fun, upbeat

Music is brilliant and fits perfectly. You havent read the comics from 91 obviously. The theme is dark bc the end of the world is near. Look how depressed Silver Surfer is after he got the news. preventing that was not a fun uplifting ride. Playing the game is.

Silver Surfer (resized).jpgSilver Surfer (resized).jpg
#1776 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Yeah wasnt there at least 50 different Iron Man suits? Honestly that's what I thought would be in the cases. I agree that the Trophy cups seem a bit out of place with the theme, but its minor. .

Ironman suits need to happen. If they dont and prob wont..at least put a Points Monsters trophy in there. The Florida holy grail. I see why these guys went with trophies, they mean a lot to a tournament player in real life

#1777 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The only thing that annoyed me about the stream is that the guys act like they can’t be bothered to answer a question. The co-op question is a good example.

The reason why they don’t want to answer it; Is because co-op is not in the game, and they have no plans on bringing it. If, they answer NO on the stream, that hurts sales.

Keith is the designer, and head of rules. and he asked Raymond if co-op was coming, instead of answering the question himself. Raymond isn’t even on the AIQ project anymore... and Raymond said the code is very, very, done. It just needs some polish. Keith passed the buck. he dam well knows whats going on in his game. especially when he designs the layout, and creates the rules of all his games.

#1778 3 years ago

I think co-op is great for a game like TNA not every game needs it. But maybe in time co-op and vs modes will become standard features. If you the player don’t like it you don’t need to play it but some people might like it.

I think it’s killer on TNA but would feel out of place on other games imo.

#1779 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

678AA161-5D0A-49F3-8684-4BED049FC9B2 (resized).jpeg678AA161-5D0A-49F3-8684-4BED049FC9B2 (resized).jpeg
#1780 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Streams are how I decide to buy all my games. I live far away from major cities, so I can't play games in the wild.
Streaming of games is a huge resource for me.

Exactly this. I live in a major city and I still can’t play games in the wild. Pandemic or otherwise. NYC could not care less about pinball, apparently.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

They did answer that question near the start of the stream. They just didn’t answer it again the next 100 times it was asked. It clearly annoyed them.

#1781 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Exactly this. I live in a major city and I still can’t play games in the wild. Pandemic or otherwise. NYC could not care less about pinball, apparently.

They did answer that question near the start of the stream. They just didn’t answer it again the next 100 times it was asked. It clearly annoyed them.

Exactly, you absolutely cannot appear to be annoyed at your fans/potential customers because they are asking a question. It’s a shit attitude and a terrible look. If there are no plans for co op just say it! If you think it will hurt sales commit to add the feature later and say that!

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Music is brilliant and fits perfectly. You havent read the comics from 91 obviously. The theme is dark bc the end of the world is near. Look how depressed Silver Surfer is after he got the news. preventing that was not a fun uplifting ride. Playing the game is.
[quoted image]

No one has read the comics from 91. What gave avengers mass appeal was the humor and lighthearted nature of it. I get that the pin is technically based on the comics but you can’t remove the elements that made the theme relevant in the first place...

#1783 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Exactly, you absolutely cannot appear to be annoyed at your fans/potential customers because they are asking a question. It’s a shit attitude and a terrible look. If there are no plans for co op just say it! If you think it will hurt sales commit to add the feature later and say that!

I can agree with that. They also reacted similarly to folks bagging on the trophy system. Gotta listen to the people when it’s reoccurring to that extent.

#1784 3 years ago

Hopefully Raymond's view on co-op changes and we get it in the game.

There is a distinct experience difference between two people dividing up 6 balls on a single player, and two people each getting 3 balls to work toward the same goal.

I'm guessing he might not have kids?

#1785 3 years ago

Saw some comments on trophies and how they fit. Honestly I think it is a gamer/generational thing. Anytime I play a game on xbox there are multiple achievements popping up on screen telling me I finished an achievement or I have a daily/weekly quest complete. This might be an attempt to reach out to a younger generation with some "instant" gratification.

I didn't really mind them but it might be nice to have the option to turn them off if they don't do anything.

#1786 3 years ago

Anyone looking for an LE DM me.

#1787 3 years ago

Too soon to sell your LE.... Wait a month and make $1000 on it lol

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t think it’s the fact they can’t be bothered, there’s just a lot of idiots that type without thinking behind their keyboards that talk shit on every stream.

Usually about this not being good enough and that not being good enough yet it’s the exact opposite stuff that the last game got bagged on for. When Keith and team have probably worked their asses off on what sounds like a tight schedule to get yet another “unique” non cookie cutter game out it’s probably frustrating.

Jack is great at bouncing off the stupid comments or laughing them off but that’s kind of his job as the host of the streams.

Take some of the comments made about TMNT, doesn’t look deep enough, not enough depth or breadth to the code, too linear, not enough modes or stuff to do etc etc... Keith comes out with a game the exact opposite to that and the comments are it’s too deep, rules are too complex, not linear enough and too confusing with too many things going on.

I think that’s why Keith posted in here a couple of times, not because he was doing damage control like someone said earlier in this thread, but to address some of stuff that’s been said specifically the code being too deep/complex - it’s only deep/complex if you want it to be just like JP just like Maiden.

#1789 3 years ago

So for some of us that are out of the click - What is co-op again ??

#1790 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t think it’s the fact they can’t be bothered, there’s just a lot of idiots that type without thinking behind their keyboards that talk shit on every stream.
Usually about this not being good enough and that not being good enough yet it’s the exact opposite stuff that the last game got bagged on for. When Keith and team have probably worked their asses off on what sounds like a tight schedule to get yet another “unique” non cookie cutter game out it’s probably frustrating.
Jack is great at bouncing off the stupid comments or laughing them off but that’s kind of his job as the host of the streams.
Take some of the comments made about TMNT, doesn’t look deep enough, not enough depth or breadth to the code, too linear, not enough modes or stuff to do etc etc... Keith comes out with a game the exact opposite to that and the comments are it’s too deep, rules are too complex, not linear enough and too confusing with too many things going on.
I think that’s why Keith posted in here a couple of times, not because he was doing damage control like someone said earlier in this thread, but to address some of stuff that’s been said specifically the code being too deep/complex - it’s only deep/complex if you want it to be just like JP just like Maiden.

I’m not referring to the flood of questions I the chat, I’m talking about not answering questions that Have been pulled from chat and asked verbally by jack or whoever

#1791 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So for some of us that are out of the click - What is co-op again ??

Cooperative play - multiple players sharing and working in turn towards game progress.

#1792 3 years ago

It honestly sounds like to me Stern should not do these reveal streams at all. So many demands and criticism over not just the game but the people on the stream.

#1793 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It honestly sounds like to me Stern should not do these reveal streams at all. So many demands and criticism over not just the game but the people on the stream.

Criticism is part of life. The only other option is just taking the blue pill.

#1794 3 years ago

Need to have a final battle mode or play as thanos mode when you hold both flipper buttons at start

#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Need to have a final battle mode or play as thanos mode when you hold both flipper buttons at start

Co-op - Team Thanos vs Team Avengers!

#1796 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It's not that big of a deal. Yes, the short glimpse we got into the game left some people (including myself) a little flustered by the sheer number of nuances to the rules, but Keith came in and cleared it up pretty easily. I think that's a completely normal dialog to have.

#1797 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't believe the stream is the issue. I think it is the way preorders and now prepays in full have to be made prior to seeing any game play. Currently you are making a large purchase based off some art, which looks incredible ZY! AIQ for me had to be paid in full, by bank transfer, no credit card which really caught me off guard. So an instant decision had to be made... Being a HUGE Thanos fan I had to make a snap decision and now seeing Thanos is pretty much absent from the game along with some other things I didn't care for I know I may not like this game. I LOVE the artwork but to buy another 10k Christmas tree for me to look at is not in the cards for me.

IMO, If anything I think the streams should be done in advance or day of like Iron Maiden was, of the preorders, prepays or dealer lists being collected. This way customers will get the chance to make an educated decision based on their needs and wants not based on fear of missing out...

#1798 3 years ago

Some notes about the Marvel stream tonight.
Front page so... good luck chatting.
1080@30FPS (Marvel’s tech orders)
Just me physically playing.
Second remote (Celeb marvel host) will be fielding question for me from the chat.

I’ll explain what I can, but this stream is about showing Joe Q. Public how fun pinball is and more specifically; Avengers.

#1799 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Keith came in and cleared it up pretty easily. I think that's a completely normal dialog to have.

What did he say? Did he post in this thread?

#1800 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I don't believe the stream is the issue. I think it is the way preorders and now prepays have to be made prior to seeing any game play. Currently you are making a large purchase based off some art, which looks incredible ZY! AIQ for me had to be paid in full, by bank transfer, no credit card which really caught me off guard. So an instant decision had to be made... Being a HUGE Thanos fan I had to make a snap decision and now seeing he is pretty much absent from the game along with some other things I didn't care for I know I may not like this game. I LOVE the artwork but to buy another 10k Christmas tree for me to look at is not in the cards for me.
IMO, If anything I think the streams should be done in advance or day of like Iron Maiden was, of the preorders, prepays or dealer lists being collected. This way customers will get the chance to make an educated decision based on their needs and wants not based on fear of missing out...

I’d find a new distributor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,999 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/36?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.