Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 56.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'll do my best to explain what's going on for Friday's stream.
If we can't fully explain whats going on since we'll have a guest host with us, I'll give you a deep-dive next week from my studio!

Did they told you if there would be another JP code update?

#1702 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

...As a package it just felt flat at the moment but I'm sure it will get better as it seemed to be rushed out ththe door...

Guess I watched a different stream.

Did you see the first release of Stranger Things. This code looked more complete than TMNT. The animations were supposed to be ‘comic book-ish’ as the game is based on the comics (so glad it wasn’t the movie). The rules, as they were explained, looked very far along in implementation. A little polish and call it done. As a home collector, I want complexity and difficulty to keep it fresh for as long as possible.

Honestly, I wasn’t really thrilled about an Avengers pin as a theme - lots of Marvel pins out there already - but I wanted to see what sk8ball did with it as JP2 is absolutely my favorite pin. It kicks my ass with the tight shots, deep rules, and brutal out-lanes. The Avengers stream sealed the deal for me - premium all the way.

Now I just need to find the space.

#1703 3 years ago

I’ve watched and am staying in on the LE. I think it will come together nicely and I like the idea of some challenging shots for home use. Someone said it looks like an amusement park and I agree

#1704 3 years ago

Just watched the stream and great job by all involved, watching keith and raymond battle is a treat in of itself (sorry jack <3).

Game looks amazing and the rules are like a pinball RPG, wish i could afford one XD looks like a great home game.

#1705 3 years ago

Found a copy of the rules flow chart on the apron card for everyone!

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Actually. Marvel is notorious for underpaying their artists.
I’ve worked for Dreamworks for 8 years and Sony Pictures Animation for 6 years. And now I own my own animation studio here in Salt Lake. Certainly the TMNT animations costs a pretty penny especially when compared to this Avengers work we see here.
Avengers is using “after effects animation” and TMNT, interestingly enough was “rendered” in a real-time game engine. Each separate animation only seems to utilize two or three different poses and doesn’t actually have any transition animation on the characters themselves. Very cheap and relatively safe to do. I imagine Stern did this as a scheduling strategy more than anything.
The cost of producing after-effects animation of this caliber....would come in around $10-$20 a second. (And that’s considering the 2D artwork I already drawn and colored) That’s a rough estimate.
TMNT. Different story. Most of the costs are in the 3D asset creation and not the actual per-second footage.

And to think at one time I thought spending $400.00 bucks for a color DMD was high.

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

One thing I really missed, like on the JP stream, Elwin walked through the game at the beginning, explaining everything. I think you said people didn't want that, that they just wanted someone to play and less talking. I found I was so confused at what was going on that it reminded me about how I missed how JP stream was done. It was just very overwhelming. I couldn't watch everything but will when I can, so maybe this was done later in the stream? Not a negative Jack, as you do a great job. Just my view as a player wanting to give some constructive criticism. You can't please everyone I know and some may want to figure things out on their own, but tomorrow maybe you could run through what you know about the goals? Many thanks!

It's because people screamed 'just play it!!" instead of critiquing the real problem which was the rambling, disjointed, unplanned way information was being presented in other reveals. Basically they lost the audience and they were bored and disinterested... when all along they NEED the information, they just were not interested in sitting through a session they weren't really engaged with.

It's classic "chasing the wrong solution" problems when the mob has the answer...

The information is needed to be able to follow what the player is doing and is interested in pursuing... but it must be presented in a digestable, engaging format, that the viewers can get into so they don't get antsy and just want the payoff. It's about structuring the information and the presentation format. Building retention and going from simple, intuitive, building to the layered stuff.

These complex games have a lot to them.. no need to front load EVERYTHING... nor necessarily do it live. That's the part ppl are missing in their solutions.. When you do things with editing you can do things that require setup, progress, etc 'off camera' and thus really shorten up and tidy up the information feed...

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Computer grid on the drops are bingo based side quest modes. lit square will move around the grid, shoot any drop to lock it in, complete drops to collect that square. Make a bingo to collect a super computer mode. There are 6 super computer modes and a mini wiz mode here.

Man, I just love this. When Lyman added a timed event to hitting the drop targets in TWD in order to qualify Blood Bath he took something simple and brought it to the next level and made them more than just drop targets. Taking that one step further with the roving lit square and completing a grid is just awesome and again, takes a standard pinball mech and makes it so much more exciting and deliberate.

For all the naysayers out there complaining about the Captain Marvel ramp, if you watch the video really close, almost every ramp reject wasn't from the ramp but from the ball just barely hitting one of the entry posts that guard the metal edges of the ramp. This game looks like it shoots like butter, can't wait to play it.

#1709 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Found a copy of the rules flow chart on the apron card for everyone! [quoted image]

Go buy a Munsters!

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Y'all got to step up your game.[quoted image]

Or they can really step it up

9AE49F4B-83FD-497E-9AC4-BE9606247D26 (resized).jpeg9AE49F4B-83FD-497E-9AC4-BE9606247D26 (resized).jpeg
#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'm excited to see how different the pro plays.

Looking forward to it. Show us average players who have Pro's on order how happy we will be.

How about a few minutes of just some bang and shoot for a little bit at some point to show us how it shoots for us regular chumps and our pin guests we invite in our homes.

#1712 3 years ago

When a ball is passed through the under playfield lock mech ( not getting locked in there) couldn't the mech let the ball roll right through instead of it stopping in each lock position?

#1713 3 years ago

The game looked great in the stream. The artwork was good. Good shot layout. Cool gadgets, the tower and Dr Stange disk. Its a theme the resonates with a lot of people. I think Stern is going to have a hit game with this one. The topper that was shown could have been way better. The topper looked like they did not put much effort in and it was an after thought. Even though I think Stern is going to sell a lot of these games. They are giving us all metal ramps on this one. No cheap plastic ramps. Good job Stern.

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

When a ball is passed through the under playfield lock mech ( not getting locked in there) couldn't the mech let the ball roll right through instead of it stopping in each lock position?

Seems like a good quality of life improvement to make, but it could be complicated and present potential issues if there are already balls locked in there. It would still have to cycle so it keeps the correct number stored.

Could also be an issue with overheating the one coil that pulls down all the ball stops

#1715 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Go buy a Munsters!

No, I don't think I will.

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Taking that one step further with the roving lit square and completing a grid is just awesome and again, takes a standard pinball mech and makes it so much more exciting and deliberate.

Keith's RBION fandom is showing.

I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet (that I saw), but to be fair, that game is from the dark ages of 2004. Most people in the hobby now weren't around then, and there aren't many Ripley's in circulation to play.

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Time on the video showing this?
Everytime I saw it go in the sewer, it just passed it on spot to spot to the VUK.

2:17:20 in the youtube vid. Jack lights portal lock, ball falls in, new ball kicked out

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet (that I saw), but to be fair, that game is from the dark ages of 2004. Most people in the hobby now weren't around then, and there aren't many Ripley's in circulation to play.

My mind went to classic Sterns like Cheetah, which probably inspired Ripley's. But I'll admit, I've only played a Ripley's once it was years ago.

#1719 3 years ago

Looked at Ripley's really for the first. Wow, so many similarities...

#1720 3 years ago

Some FB convos talked about where the grid idea came from. TWD meets ripleys.

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Learning something new everyday.

Will have to find a RBION and get some time on it now!!

#1722 3 years ago

I love RBION, and that one took me a while to figure out as well. So maybe AIQ will fall in the same category for me once I get some hours on it. I like RBION enough that it is on the very short list for my home collection, right behind the Stern JP.

Quoted from T-800:

Will have to find a RBION and get some time on it now!!

It is available on the pinball arcade app for smartphones. I know, not the same...but you can start to learn the rules if you put some time in on the app.

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

They are giving us all metal ramps on this one. No cheap plastic ramps. Good job Stern.

And wire-forms out the ass.

#1724 3 years ago

Let's be honest the subway lock mech feels a lot like Flight 2000 as well
It's a best of 80's Stern widebodies lol

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I can promise you, with the utmost confidence, this would not work/look good.
If you want a "Pinball Arcade" view, then the players can't actually play.
Simple as that.

Here‘s the deal:
Put a GoPro on your Nose!
Better two and we watch in VR!

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Seems like a good quality of life improvement to make, but it could be complicated and present potential issues if there are already balls locked in there. It would still have to cycle so it keeps the correct number stored.
Could also be an issue with overheating the one coil that pulls down all the ball stops

Not sure how the mech works, I'm assuming there's a small coil for each of those little ball retaining arms. They'd just have to all fire together for a short time... Assuming that's how it works and there's nothing in their already. I just think watching a ball get passed through that lock one step at a time just to eject back out would get old fast.

#1727 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I'm assuming there's a small coil for each of those little ball retaining arms.

I'd guess it's just a single coil that is linked to all 3 of them. It pulls in long enough for a ball to roll by and then it releases, and then does it again until the right number of balls are where they should be. Just a guess though.

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'd guess it's just a single coil that is linked to all 3 of them. It pulls in long enough for a ball to roll by and then it releases, and then does it again until the right number of balls are where they should be. Just a guess though.

I think you're right, looking closely at the stern premium features video you can see the little arms being pulled down even when the ball has passed to the next position, so probably one coil for the 3 arms.

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'll do my best to explain what's going on for Friday's stream.
If we can't fully explain whats going on since we'll have a guest host with us, I'll give you a deep-dive next week from my studio!

If it weren't being streamed with marvel specifically, I would have loved to see you dressed as superman or batman just to troll the whole video.

A superhero is a superhero.... Amirite?

Just kidding of course, but man, I feel a lot of your regular viewers would laugh.

We need more jack costumes.

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Go buy a Munsters!

Munsters!

munsters (resized).jpgmunsters (resized).jpg

#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

If it weren't being streamed with marvel specifically, I would have loved to see you dressed as superman or batman just to troll the whole video.
A superhero is a superhero.... Amirite?

I think you may get your wish on the Marvel stream....

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

A good friend of mine and one of Marvels hosting team. Not sure I’m allowed to give anything away.

He cooks... right? ; )

#1733 3 years ago

I'm kinda surprised that some are cancelling. Or, thinking of cancelling after watching the stream. No judgement, you do what's best for you. Just surprised because I think it looks awesome so far. Knowing that the code is not finished and that they are going to continue polishing it up. Gives me confidence in my purchase. I think the rules confusion will clear up quickly. Also, based on Kieth's other games as well as what I see here. I think there will be plenty to do for all skill levels.

I'm really happy to see the challenge mode option at game start. It's a cool feature and more important than co-op/teams. Although I'm hopeful for that as well.

#1734 3 years ago

If the best players in the world beat the game during the stream or have half hour long ball times every game the interwebz goes "game is too easy, I'm out". So they set up the machine to be hard so even the best players have shorter ball times and the interwebz goes "game is too hard, I'm out".

If they start the stream with 1/2 an hour describing rules and shots people clamor for them to just get to playing the game. If they start the stream just playing the game people freak out because no one has explained the rules.

If I were a member of the Stern team:

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

It’s a KE game - rules will be complex and some shots will be tight/difficult - just like JP (my current favorite). Lots of people are getting hung up on the animations and sounds but from a cost standpoint, I would prefer Stern spend the build money on the playfield and code... which I think they did here.
Not really an Avengers or comic book guy but I like this way more than I thought I would.

short term memory loss, people complained nonstop about animations in early jp days. 6 months after release nobody will have anything bad to say about animations. ya its not ideal but it shouldn't surprise anyone.

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I'm kinda surprised that some are cancelling. Or, thinking of cancelling after watching the stream. No judgement, you do what's best for you. Just surprised because I think it looks awesome so far. Knowing that the code is not finished and that they are going to continue polishing it up. Gives me confidence in my purchase. I think the rules confusion will clear up quickly. Also, based on Kieth's other games as well as what I see here. I think there will be plenty to do for all skill levels.
I'm really happy to see the challenge mode option at game start. It's a cool feature and more important than co-op/teams. Although I'm hopeful for that as well.

most pinball fans are wrong in the beginning. only the people who can ignore the noise can make a solid personal judgement on something. remember everyone hated deadpool in the beginning, no movie clips, lock shot was too hard, not a lot of use for the bash toy, animation style, etc etc. now its lauded as a modern classic (it is). gotta just make your own judgement on stuff esp in the hyper reactionary pinball world.

my instincts tell me this is an instant classic, just like maiden and jp. elwin is a student of pinball, a fan, a top 5 player and a designer. the nod to circus voltaire in this game warms my heart. im on the keith train until it derails... choo choo...

#1737 3 years ago

Interested to see how the whole moving your gems around works on the pro. On the premium the saucer keeps the ball still while doing that, but on the pro, it looks like you just hit a Pym standup and back into play. Game looks great. Looking forward to the pro stream. It'll be pro for me, if I get one eventually.

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If the best players in the world beat the game during the stream or have half hour long ball times every game the interwebz goes "game is too easy, I'm out". So they set up the machine to be hard so even the best players have shorter ball times and the interwebz goes "game is too hard, I'm out".
If they start the stream with 1/2 an hour describing rules and shots people clamor for them to just get to playing the game. If they start the stream just playing the game people freak out because no one has explained the rules.
If I were a member of the Stern team:

Amen!

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Put a GoPro on your Nose!

GoPro ball gag?

#1740 3 years ago

Yep, I think when "too much rules depth" is trending as a main issue for some people it's a sign of a pretty good game.

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Interested to see how the whole moving your gems around works on the pro. On the premium the saucer keeps the ball still while doing that, but on the pro, it looks like you just hit a Pym standup and back into play. Game looks great. Looking forward to the pro stream. It'll be pro for me, if I get one eventually.

Raymond said the post by the avenger tower holds it for the gem shifting on the pro - so, different shot.

#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

GoPro ball gag?

MAKE IT SO!!!

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

GoPro ball gag?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1744 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's because people screamed 'just play it!!" instead of critiquing the real problem which was the rambling, disjointed, unplanned way information was being presented in other reveals. Basically they lost the audience and they were bored and disinterested... when all along they NEED the information, they just were not interested in sitting through a session they weren't really engaged with.
It's classic "chasing the wrong solution" problems when the mob has the answer...
The information is needed to be able to follow what the player is doing and is interested in pursuing... but it must be presented in a digestable, engaging format, that the viewers can get into so they don't get antsy and just want the payoff. It's about structuring the information and the presentation format. Building retention and going from simple, intuitive, building to the layered stuff.
These complex games have a lot to them.. no need to front load EVERYTHING... nor necessarily do it live. That's the part ppl are missing in their solutions.. When you do things with editing you can do things that require setup, progress, etc 'off camera' and thus really shorten up and tidy up the information feed...

I do wish there were more edited videos rather than streams. Or at least streams that lasted an hour max. Edited videos are far more work, but lots of confused feedback might be non existent if videos were directed appropriately.

#1745 3 years ago

One important criticism imo: is there anyway to change some of or most of the music to more rock, as done in the movies? Music did seem rather bland? Heard that music was kind of rushed, so really hoping they will straighten the music out and make it much better to draw you in, as code develops. Wondering if this was the missing ingredient during yesterday’s stream???

Music seemed dark and gloomy from what I could make out. Shouldn’t it be more fun, upbeat with guitar power like done in the movies? Might this be the main missing ingredient many are feeling? Music is a powerful part of any game to draw you in and set the tone, imo.

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Raymond said the post by the avenger tower holds it for the gem shifting on the pro - so, different shot.

Well, the insert by the Pym shot shows "change gems". Seems off to have the shot be different than the one indicated by the insert. I suppose you could qualify it on the Pym shot and collect on the tower.

#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

One important criticism imo: is there anyway to change some of or most of the music to more rock, as done in the movies? Music did seem rather bland? Heard that music was kind of rushed, so really hoping they will straighten the music out and make it much better to draw you in, as code develops. Wondering if this was the missing ingredient during yesterday’s stream???
Music seemed dark and gloomy from what I could make out. Shouldn’t it be more fun, upbeat with guitar power like done in the movies? Might this be the main missing ingredient many are feeling? Music is a powerful part of any game to draw you in and set the tone, imo.

In the stream they said the music was completely finished. It was done by same guy that did the JP original music. I hate it for avengers, works fine in JP.

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

In the stream they said the music was completely finished. It was done by same guy that did the JP original music. I hate it for avengers, works fine in JP.

Agreed, works for JP, but doesn’t work well for AIQ. Don’t like the dark, somber tones of the music in AIQ. Wish it was more upbeat, with power rock guitar music, more like the movies. Similar to LZ Immigrant Song intro for Thor and Avengers when they come into battle Thanos. More upbeat and thrilling rock music similar to that would do wonders for AIQ.

#1749 3 years ago

Anyone looking for an LE DM me.

I'm kinda surprised that some are cancelling. Or, thinking of cancelling after watching the stream. No judgement, you do what's best for you. Just surprised because I think it looks awesome so far.

Well seeing as a lot of us had to pay in full before the stream some are not wanting to refund...

#1750 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ironman suits would have been perfect! Collect all starks suits in his armoury.

Yeah wasnt there at least 50 different Iron Man suits? Honestly that's what I thought would be in the cases. I agree that the Trophy cups seem a bit out of place with the theme, but its minor. I'm really digging the flip count feature vs the ball drain.. I'd like to see a reverse mode where you can plays as Thanos or maybe a vs mode so you can fight for control of the gems vs the Avengers in 1v1, 2v1, 3v1. Could be fun stealing gems back and forth. Game looks fun and am anxious to see Friday's stream but bang for buck I think premium is the way to go on this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/35?hl=grossp59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.