Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 56.
#1651 3 years ago

Apologies for not really delving into the rules last night. We really just wanted to show the game in action because let's face it, if you don't have access to one to play then it's going to be in one ear and out the other. Plus we are still polishing and difficulty balancing so some things are subject to change. I promise we will do a rules centric stream like we did JP soon.

Rules are really not that complex as they may appear.

Shoot disc to spell strange and begin quests. These are the 5 main modes in the game that follow the storyline to your battle with Thanos

Computer grid on the drops are bingo based side quest modes. lit square will move around the grid, shoot any drop to lock it in, complete drops to collect that square. Make a bingo to collect a super computer mode. There are 6 super computer modes and a mini wiz mode here.

Collect Avengers by shooting the associated avenger shots. There are 3 mini wiz modes here, Soul quest, Black Order multiball and Battle royale

Where the code gets layered is in the Gem and Avenger power-up perks. We will cover this in the future I promise.

#1652 3 years ago

I thought it was an excellent stream Jack. Ray provided some good insight into the rules.

Stern did the right thing in showing the LE first.

I think they will kill it with this game as it makes its way into peoples homes and the reviews kick in like they did with JP and Elvira

Despite the bad reviews for STH I really like that game a lot too!

#1653 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is what it would look like. As long as your arms aren’t super short, should be fine. But if you’re an animated player, you’ll have to chillax a bit. [quoted image]

tbh i could not play with that. I'm fairly active while playing. Straining some muscles during play is absolutely possible
that thing would fall over in Ball 1

#1654 3 years ago

Great job Keith. Really excited for this. The big Game/TWD/Ripleys Grid might be my favorite part. So cool to have all that packed into 3 drops.

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

tbh i could not play with that. I'm fairly active while playing. Straining some muscles during play is absolutely possible

I literally slapped the camera over trying this setup with Star Wars back in the day.
(Trying to use the action button)

#1656 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Yeah it’s easy to have this idea, but when you see it in practice, or try yourself, it’s not comfortable. If it was, this would most likely be a standard cam angle for streams.

#1657 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

How can you get the players view without a camera being in the players view?
Take into account I'm 6'7 and move a lot when I play, Ray is 5' 10(assuming), this isn't obstructing anyone's view or playspace?

It's not a "true" first person POV, we'd need to GoPro up for that to be relevant to our heights. Though I suppose theoretically one could build a rig with an adjustable camera that sits just above the players head for an angled overhead view, don't know the utility for that POV though.

No, the camera is directly above the apron, but can be adjusted further back to sit above the lockbar if there's no action button to worry about or even rotated side to side to catch different angles of the playfield. Is really dependent on lens being used. I've built 2 prototype rigs, but I'm refining it more. Realistically I think the minimum height until view gets obstructed is 4'5" or around there. But this isn't a tripod sitting in front of the pin, that would just be obstructive.

#1658 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it’s easy to have this idea, but when you see it in practice, or try yourself, it’s not comfortable. If it was, this would most likely be a standard cam angle for streams.

100%
If this was comfortable and practical for everyone, this would be the norm.

#1659 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Instead we got a complex hard to follow, discombobulated, Thanoless Version of that With TROPHIES as the main feature.
Not sure if you guys caught it. But only way to fight Thanos is by collecting 23 Flipping trophies. So now Trophies is more important than the Gems themselves.

Trophies are not the main feature. They have absolutely nothing to do with battle Thanos. The 5 quests at the portal are how you get to Thanos.

#1660 3 years ago

Anywho, thanks sk8ball for the hangs last night.
Game played great, and now that you posted the rules, I'll tear this baby apart Friday!

#1661 3 years ago

Y'all got to step up your game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

The game should have a simple linear Story line that everyone knows and loves about Avengers.
-Battle Thanos and Minions at different locations for each Infinity Stone.
-If you lose Thanos gets it. If you win well you win.
-If thanos gets them all "SNAP" Game ends.
Instead we got a complex hard to follow, discombobulated, Thanoless Version of that With TROPHIES as the main feature.
Not sure if you guys caught it. But only way to fight Thanos is by collecting 23 Flipping trophies. So now Trophies is more important than the Gems themselves.

Think that is pretty much how the game works. You gather up gems and Avengers to battle Thanos. What gems you don't get Thanos gets and works against you. He is the main villain so makes sense to me to battle him in the end. It would be cool if he was taunting you through the game but only so much you can do with all the characters and story packed in one pinball game. Trophies are just marking your progress. No different than any other final wizard mode in other games but trophies have more depth. You can work on doing better in modes to earn better trophies. You can also replay modes to level up the trophy. They also said you can adjust the number of trophies you need to get to the end so that gives less skilled players a better chance.

#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Y'all got to step up your game.[quoted image]

I mean, if stern will spring for it, I'm game. HAHA

#1664 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Trophies are not the main feature. They have absolutely nothing to do with battle Thanos. The 5 quests at the portal are how you get to Thanos.

Damn ok. then I misunderstood this one too. Gotta rewatch the stream tonight.

Love it so far. Think this will be my second NIB after JP

#1665 3 years ago

Looks like a nice unique layout with some neat stuff going on . As a package it just felt flat at the moment but I'm sure it will get better as it seemed to be rushed out ththe door soon after tmnt. Also a few tweaks to some areas of the production games cld make a huge difference in the rejection on some of the shots. Overall I think it will be a good pin but holding off on the le and will just get a premium or pro depending how it looks when shown bc it will Obviously plsy different.

#1666 3 years ago

My biggest question is how things are handled on a pro? I suppose this will be answered/seen on stream soon, but the lifting disc/subway seemed to pull alot of weight with starting modes and allowing for selecting time. Portal locks will be virtual obviously but not sure where any of the staging will happen on the pro.

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Just strap a go pro to your chest with duct tape!

#1668 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My crude home brew rig using an iPhone as the camera that clamps in the gooseneck holder. The camera is just a little behind the lock down bar and in front of my chest. Nothing is in the way of my legs or in front of me. This gives me the best view for anyone watching when I stream on a Facebook group. Gets the entire play field and the DMD or LCD screen in the frame with a slightly more POV versus top down.

38C59153-B240-423B-8F95-AC10327722A5 (resized).jpeg38C59153-B240-423B-8F95-AC10327722A5 (resized).jpeg6DCF4E63-8847-4FAC-A556-79B1E02F28A5 (resized).jpeg6DCF4E63-8847-4FAC-A556-79B1E02F28A5 (resized).jpeg
#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My crude home brew rig using an iPhone as the camera that clamps in the gooseneck holder. The camera is just a little behind the lock down bar and in front of my chest. Nothing is in the way of my legs or in front of me. This gives me the best view for anyone watching when I stream on a Facebook group. Gets the entire play field and the DMD or LCD screen in the frame with a slightly more POV versus top down.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah when my gear is MIA, the phone "all in one" layout is a nice fallback.
That basket tho!

#1670 3 years ago

I watched the entire stream and it was clear enough what was going on with the rule set as you played.
Everyone wanted to see the LE/Prem in action and wanted to see the videos.
Code and rule confusing seems secondary considering these things are altered as players have a chance to add valuable feedback and the designers are less concerned with getting the game out.
The entire team that worked on this game did a fantastic job.
My LE is ordered.
I already have a JP LE, I remember wanting to return it the first week out.
Videos sucked at the time, things were a bit wonky.
First update I understood that things will only get better.
I wouldn’t trade my JPLE for any other game at this point/
I feel A:IQ is going down as one of the best games ever designed and a great way to close out the first KWE trilogy.
Keep up the great work.

Quoted from sk8ball:

Apologies for not really delving into the rules last night. We really just wanted to show the game in action because let's face it, if you don't have access to one to play then it's going to be in one ear and out the other. Plus we are still polishing and difficulty balancing so some things are subject to change. I promise we will do a rules centric stream like we did JP soon.
Rules are really not that complex as they may appear.
Shoot disc to spell strange and begin quests. These are the 5 main modes in the game that follow the storyline to your battle with Thanos
Computer grid on the drops are bingo based side quest modes. lit square will move around the grid, shoot any drop to lock it in, complete drops to collect that square. Make a bingo to collect a super computer mode. There are 6 super computer modes and a mini wiz mode here.
Collect Avengers by shooting the associated avenger shots. There are 3 mini wiz modes here, Soul quest, Black Order multiball and Battle royale
Where the code gets layered is in the Gem and Avenger power-up perks. We will cover this in the future I promise.

#1671 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

As someone with several YT buttons hanging on the wall I can attest that the Dedflip set-up was very solid. I am assuming that you used a Stream Deck to manage the feeds? Nice job pulling it all off. It is much harder than it looks.

#1672 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

As someone with several YT buttons hanging on the wall I can attest that the Dedflip set-up was very solid. I am assuming that you used a Stream Deck to manage the feeds? Nice job pulling it all off. It is much harder than it looks.

I have the little baby stream deck. LOVE IT!
My rig is becoming too much for laptop use, and I might have to finally splurge for a desktop computer. :O

#1673 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

- great layout
- rules sound deep and complexe. duel remindes me x-men
- lcd animations looks good but not impressed (for the moment)
- sound is average (for the moment). jackpot callouts are way too dull
- art is very colorfull as usual with ZY, so you can like or not, specially yellow armor
- no interactive toy ( )
- gauntlet is terrible
this game is going to be hugely modded: gauntlet, ramps decals, 3D tower, figurines, and more..

after watching again the streaming, i think i have been a bit nasty with my sound evaluation. sound music and callouts are good. just would like other jackpot callouts. don't know who are annoncing them either. a female robot?

can we stack several MB? or mode + MB?

#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

can we stack several MB? or mode + MB?

If I recall correctly, Raymond said you can't stack thor and iron man multiballs but you can stack portal multiball with those.

Someone else can confirm?

#1675 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image][quoted image]

You should always angle your camera up the playfield to give a more POV look than straight down, but it’s still nothing like a true POV angle.

#1676 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

My rig is becoming too much for laptop use, and I might have to finally splurge for a desktop computer. :O

I was wondering about that too. You are keying out the background plus managing multiple video streams. I can see it being stressful.... not to mention managing in blips in the bandwidth.

I use custom built Origin laptops. They will actually make you one with the guts of a desktop, so you can drop in a high-end processor and graphics card.

#1677 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I was wondering about that too. You are keying out the background plus managing multiple video streams. I can see it being stressful.... not to mention managing in blips in the bandwidth.
I use custom built Origin laptops. They will actually make you one with the guts of a desktop, so you can drop in a high-end processor and graphics card.

Yooo message me. HAHA

#1678 3 years ago

I'm excited to see how different the pro plays.

#1679 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

That might not be as necessary now that the AMD Ryzen 4000 laptops are coming out at up to 16 threads.

#1680 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Yes, it is time for something a bit more robust and portable for sure.

SX (resized).jpgSX (resized).jpg
#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

That might not be as necessary now that the AMD Ryzen 4000 laptops are coming out at up to 16 threads.

Yeah there has been a huge leap in processing power over the last 4 or 5 years. it is funny, because most people will never know/need it.... but if you are working in video then every bit of power reduces the time in your work flow.

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Yes, it is time for something a bit more robust and portable for sure.
[quoted image]

Epyx Fastload cart FTW!!!! Load"*",8,1 Ohh the memories...

#1683 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I guess Ray may have mis spoke or Maybe i misheard him.

But he said something about yeah Thanos is the Final Battle you need 23 Trophies to get there. But you can change that in settings to as low as 6.

EDIT::: I went back and found where i asked ray. He explained Battle Thanos correctly and i must have totally misheard him. The trophies were not related to that part. Sorry about that confusion.

Was he talking about something else when he mentioned those trophy numbers?

PS: Game needs more THANOS.

#1684 3 years ago

I feel like a relatively easy way to bring more life to some of the animations would be to add more detailed backgrounds. A lot of stuff has a plain sky which makes it feel a little lifeless. Other more detailed backgrounds look much better.

I think adding more Thanos taunting call outs would make it feel more like you are "battling the game" ala attack from mars. I think that could go a long way into making the whole thing feel more cohesive and alive.

Also important to remember is that the game will feel a lot darker and atmospheric when playing it under normal conditions.

Overall the games looks awesome to shoot from re watching the stream.

#1685 3 years ago

So the sewer doesn't lock balls for multi-ball? It just passes one ball along to the VUK?

Odd...

#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah there has been a huge leap in processing power over the last 4 or 5 years. it is funny, because most people will never know/need it.... but if you are working in video then every bit of power reduces the time in your work flow.

Oh, it's crazy. Someone makes a Ryzen 4000 8 Core laptop with an RTX 2060 that weighs 3.5 lbs. The future is a crazy place.

Edit: found it. https://www.digitaltrends.com/laptop-reviews/asus-rog-zephyrus-g14-review/

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-zephyrus-g14-14-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-9-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-max-q-1tb-ssd-moonlight-white/6403816.p?acampID=0&irclickid=V831iwyY6xyOWVp0EHQlB1XYUkiXxhyQEycLT80&irgwc=1&loc=Digital+Trends.&mpid=1661513&ref=198&skuId=6403816

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

So the sewer doesn't lock balls for multi-ball? It just passes one ball along to the VUK?
Odd...

Nope it locks them. You can make any mode up to a 3 ball multiball (with 3x scoring), by locking balls down there.

It holds balls just like F2K if you’re familiar with that.

#1688 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Odd...

It locks up to 3 balls!

#1689 3 years ago

Time on the video showing this?

Everytime I saw it go in the sewer, it just passed it on spot to spot to the VUK.

#1690 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Everytime I saw it go in the sewer, it just passed it on spot to spot to the VUK.

They didn’t do it often but I saw at least one lock for sure. First hour.

#1691 3 years ago

That is interesting, but it looks a bit more on the consumer end. I think they are focusing on making it slim, but that has some major drawbacks. They are comparing it to a MacBook pro (which I find way underpowered). My main computer is the Origin Laptop/desktop replacement.. but I also bought a back-up computer this year that uses the AMD Ryzen 9 3900 - with 12 cores. However, i had it loaded with 64g of Ram, 2 separate 2 tb SSD drives, and the RTX 2070 drive.

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Ray explicitly said combos will light "portal locks" which are the physical ones in the subway. They are also a bingo grid award. Then the lower subway locks a ball for a multiplied gem quest mode.

#1693 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Ray explicitly said combos will light "portal locks". They are also a bingo grid award. Then the lower subway locks a ball for a multiplied gem quest mode.

Right...but was he talking physical lock or virtual lock?

#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

When it comes to pinball, I'm totally not a deep rules guy. I like a nice shooter and something easy to understand off the bat. It doesn't mean don't add depth, it just means have a good starting point so anyone can walk up and play it.
I think that is done here and will likely be polished up to be more friendly to everyone.
The biggest issue with the stream last night is that you have a game that was set up VERY difficult (said so on stream).
Add in you have the best players in the world (literally)
And they know the deeper objectives to go for so are strategizing what to do.
This takes away the luster for the non-pro player as it now screams difficult.
This in my opinion is just an illusion of the stream.
Wait until jack danger plays it solo, without major depth to startegy due to lack of game knowledge. He is an amazing player, a great showman, and will rehype you into loving the game.
I think we all go into the reveal expecting fireworks, but without knowing what to look for you may not get the feeling of what it's actually like to play.

Agree with this. I suck at pinball, and I’m not worried about the Marvel ramp too much. It was definitely setup steep and difficult, you can see it and they confirmed it too.

Love how the gamma spinner mode looks and sounds, love the Hawkeye shot, and the mode with the limited flips. I do agree with others and wish there was more Thanos though. Again, I suck and I’ll never get to battle him, but I wish I could see and hear more of him at least.

#1695 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

That is interesting, but it looks a bit more on the consumer end. I think they are focusing on making it slim, but that has some major drawbacks. They are comparing it to a MacBook pro (which I find way underpowered). My main computer is the Origin Laptop/desktop replacement.. but I also bought a back-up computer this year that uses the AMD Ryzen 9 3900 - with 12 cores. However, i had it loaded with 64g of Ram, 2 separate 2 tb SSD drives, and the RTX 2070 drive.

Oh yeah, no comparing a sub 1300 portable laptop with one that costs and weighs double. I'm sure someone makes a creator laptop with a Ryzen 9 4900.

Edit: Off topic laptop conversation. Sorry

#1696 3 years ago

More thanos would be appreciated in the game for sure.

Looks great. I'm in for LE.

#1697 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I like what I shot! It’s hard for me to focus during the reveal streams because my mind is on the technicality of the broadcast, and with the little internet hiccups we were having, I wasn’t all there.
I get a real feel for the game when I’m in my studio with the chat solo.
I WILL say, whatever you WANTED to shoot, the ball just went there. The gauntlet ramp hurt my head that it was working from that top flipper so well. Haha

One thing I really missed, like on the JP stream, Elwin walked through the game at the beginning, explaining everything. I think you said people didn't want that, that they just wanted someone to play and less talking. I found I was so confused at what was going on that it reminded me about how I missed how JP stream was done. It was just very overwhelming. I couldn't watch everything but will when I can, so maybe this was done later in the stream? Not a negative Jack, as you do a great job. Just my view as a player wanting to give some constructive criticism. You can't please everyone I know and some may want to figure things out on their own, but tomorrow maybe you could run through what you know about the goals? Many thanks!

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

One thing I really missed, like on the JP stream, Elwin walked through the game at the beginning.

I'll do my best to explain what's going on for Friday's stream.
If we can't fully explain whats going on since we'll have a guest host with us, I'll give you a deep-dive next week from my studio!

#1699 3 years ago

I see Keith already answered my question above.

#1700 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'll do my best to explain what's going on for Friday's stream.
If we can't fully explain whats going on since we'll have a guest host with us, I'll give you a deep-dive next week from my studio!

Cool, we'll get to that point. I should have read the entire thread before posting. My concerns have been addressed. Thanks mar dude!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
6,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/34?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.