Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 56.
#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The mini Hulk gamma spinner mode has great sounds and energy to it, hopefully more of these “moments” will come in during polishing.

The first avengers assemble mini wizard mode is pretty intense too with the limited flips.

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Does the tower hold more than 1 ball? ( I haven't had time to watch the stream yet).

i don,t think so. a single ball is hold then unhold. number of locked balls is indicated with number of lit green bulbs on plastic beside.

i think it is impossible magnet works for a long time, it would burn the coil or electronics.

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The rule set is as simple as can be, but has depth for people who want depth.
Simple:
A Collect gems by defeating Black army and to make sure Thanos doesn’t get them to use against you.
B Use different Avengers to defeat various black army members
C Collect trophies as objectives are completed.
It is that simple. It only seems complicated because you’ve never played it, but that is the brilliance of Keith’s rule sets and designs. Works for beginners, moderates and experienced players.
We all want games that have last-ability in the home, with plenty to explore. Modern games do that in spades. The old arcade games of many years ago are real simple, where you walk up and play it for 5 minutes, then go to the next one and repeat. Thankfully AIQ is not that kind of simple.

Thanks for explaining the rules. For today's crazy prices games need to have a deep ruleset. The Avengers theme is perfect for a deep objective based ruleset. Code depth, and great mode choreography is a big reason why LOTR is highly regarded and Munsters isn't. The whole "create a simple ruleset" backfired with Munsters.

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmao...Just my situation was I would’ve had to sell my IMDNprem and I’m not doing that .That being said Ill definitely be looking to play it somewhere soon

My Maiden goes nowhere!! I did just sell one of three solid states i need move to afford AIQ premium because im broke right now though lol

#1605 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Like I said, remove the masks and people will feel differently about the game drawing you in. Humans relate to things by facial expressions, even more important than words. It’s unfortunate that AIQ, a potential winner for game of the year, had to be streamed under the mask conditions.
You know how a book will draw you in more than a movie can? That’s the power of a book of comics, which this game is, part and parcel comics. It draws you in, more than a movie could ever do, because of the power of your imagination. Book readers often don’t want to see a movie, because the movie they have in their mind is better. That is what AIQ is all about. When watching in the third person (the stream), quite difficult for anything to draw you in, that is why in the flesh is better than “virtual”, any day of the week.
Avengers has in spades, exactly what we the pinball community are looking for, including the music and sounds. Because there was no direct audio feed on the stream, we could not feel the mood properly. Jerry Thompson is the best sound man in pinball, imo. Not worried, playing in person, AIQ will tic all the boxes. Firmly staying with my LE decision.

Keiths stone cold facial expression during gamplay won't change my mind

#1606 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

When it comes to pinball, I'm totally not a deep rules guy. I like a nice shooter and something easy to understand off the bat. It doesn't mean don't add depth, it just means have a good starting point so anyone can walk up and play it.
I think that is done here and will likely be polished up to be more friendly to everyone.
The biggest issue with the stream last night is that you have a game that was set up VERY difficult (said so on stream).
Add in you have the best players in the world (literally)
And they know the deeper objectives to go for so are strategizing what to do.
This takes away the luster for the non-pro player as it now screams difficult.
This in my opinion is just an illusion of the stream.
Wait until jack danger plays it solo, without major depth to startegy due to lack of game knowledge. He is an amazing player, a great showman, and will rehype you into loving the game.
I think we all go into the reveal expecting fireworks, but without knowing what to look for you may not get the feeling of what it's actually like to play.

Exactly how I feel and it was enough to push me away from the game. I don't understand setting it up so hard that normal ramp shots take super precision just to shorten game times, why not just drain on purpose after a few mins? Doesn't mean I won't come back around, but for now I pulled my pre-order and I'm ok getting it down the road.

#1607 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The first avengers assemble mini wizard mode is pretty intense too with the limited flips.

Very cool feature. I like that you can add flips and lose flips on drain. Hulk gamma mode looks intense and I always like little things like the sharpshooting modes like Hawkeye. I forget what it was called but also like the mode where you loop shots from the upper flipper to the wide ramp. Art package looks great, animations work well, fun mode, and code looks to be mostly complete. Not sure why there is so much micro criticism over things like energy of staff playing on stream and gem colors.

#1608 3 years ago

- great layout
- rules sound deep and complexe. duel remindes me x-men
- lcd animations looks good but not impressed (for the moment)
- sound is average (for the moment). jackpot callouts are way too dull
- art is very colorfull as usual with ZY, so you can like or not, specially yellow armor
- no interactive toy ( )
- gauntlet is terrible

this game is going to be hugely modded: gauntlet, ramps decals, 3D tower, figurines, and more..

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Very cool feature. I like that you can add flips and lose flips on drain. Hulk gamma mode looks intense and I always like little things like the sharpshooting modes like Hawkeye. I forget what it was called but also like the mode where you loop shots from the upper flipper to the wide ramp. Art package looks great, animations work well, fun mode, and code looks to be mostly complete. Not sure why there is so much micro criticism over things like energy of staff playing on stream and gem colors.

gauntlet mode or something similar was it called.

#1610 3 years ago

I’ll do my best on Friday to explain what I’m doing on the game when I’m shooting. There will be a guest marvel host on a zoom call with us, so it won’t JUST be me.

We’ll also have direct audio off the machine for Friday.

ALSO, we have our Avengers coming to the studio, so I’ll do a “Just you and me” stream early next week. ❤️

#1611 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I’ll do my best on Friday to explain what I’m doing on the game when I’m shooting. There will be a guest marvel host on a zoom call with us, so it won’t JUST be me.
ALSO, we have our Avengers coming to the studio, so I’ll do a “Just you and me” stream early next week. ❤️

Looking forward to all of it

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

. I forget what it was called but also like the mode where you loop shots from the upper flipper to the wide ramp.

I think that’s the super gauntlet mode. That’s badass too.

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks Jack. Much appreciated. Who is the guest marvel host?

#1614 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

what are your thoughts about this game?

#1615 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Thanks Jack. Much appreciated. Who is the guest marvel host?

A good friend of mine and one of Marvels hosting team. Not sure I’m allowed to give anything away.

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

what are your thoughts about this game?

I like what I shot! It’s hard for me to focus during the reveal streams because my mind is on the technicality of the broadcast, and with the little internet hiccups we were having, I wasn’t all there.

I get a real feel for the game when I’m in my studio with the chat solo.

I WILL say, whatever you WANTED to shoot, the ball just went there. The gauntlet ramp hurt my head that it was working from that top flipper so well. Haha

#1617 3 years ago

If I had to pick a “hardest shot”, it’s the little loop from the top flipper, but that’s the Elwin special! ❤️

#1618 3 years ago

Hmm, limited flip count, where have I seen that?

#1619 3 years ago

I am looking forward to the Pro stream on Friday! I have a feeling it will be a fast player...

#1620 3 years ago

Game checks all of my boxes on paper and from what i saw in the stream last night. Can't wait to play one.

Great job with the stream @deadflip. Excited for rounds 2 and 3 coming up tomorrow and next week!

One suggestion I think would be cool would be to have Keith or Ray in chat next week to just answer chat questions. Would be very helpful and fun, as long as they don't get asked about Co-op exclusively for two hours

#1621 3 years ago

What's the big deal about Co Op play? Do Pinsiders expect this now in all new Stern releases?

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

A good friend of mine and one of Marvels hosting team. Not sure I’m allowed to give anything away.

Cool! I watch a good amount of the Marvel streams so looking forward to seeing it!

Even though I do have concerns about my skill up against that ruleset, I'm still in on the game.

#1623 3 years ago

Stream should have just removed the player camera if everyone is just going to wear masks. Allow the playfield view to be the largest screen - we came to watch pinball, not people in masks.

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Stream should have just removed the player camera if everyone is just going to wear masks. Allow the playfield view to be the largest screen - we came to watch pinball, not people in masks.

YA! That was super offensive to watch.

EDIT: Just to make sure I’m getting downvoted for the right reason, I was being sarcastic.

#1625 3 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

What's the big deal about Co Op play? Do Pinsiders expect this now in all new Stern releases?

Its one of the best things to happen for the casual pinball player in quite some time. It completely changes the way friends an families play the game, and creates more engagement in the gameplay. I've had conversations with friends and acquaintances that are looking at TMNT specifically because of the Co-Op mode. It isn't for everyone, but it is fun for a pretty large group of folks.

#1626 3 years ago

Only way to make the playfield bigger on screen would be to have it sideways.

#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

You were probably not as offended as the chat user that called Jack a hipster last night.

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Only way to make the playfield bigger on screen would be to have it sideways.

Widescreen lens at a shallow angle dramatically alters the presentation. I wish more would do it this way.

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

I do for sure. My family loves to play co-op on tmnt and acnc when we owned that. We always questioned why stern couldn’t do that on their pins because it’s so much fun to play together. I would love our Deadpool and GOTG to have co-op. It allows us to progress through the game as a family and we cheer each other on. I assumed AVengers would have it when I ordered an LE. I’m kind of bummed it doesn’t

#1630 3 years ago

what can be stackable?

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Its one of the best things to happen for the casual pinball player in quite some time. It completely changes the way friends an families play the game, and creates more engagement in the gameplay. I've had conversations with friends and acquaintances that are looking at TMNT specifically because of the Co-Op mode. It isn't for everyone, but it is fun for a pretty large group of folks.

I guess assumed it was a Dwight Sullivan code thing for one game. To be honest I've never played the Co Op mode in TMNT so I have no experience with it.

#1632 3 years ago

Started with spooky games. TMNT was the first stern to have it I believe.

#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I do for sure. My family loves to play co-op on tmnt and acnc when we owned that. We always questioned why stern couldn’t do that on their pins because it’s so much fun to play together. I would love our Deadpool and GOTG to have co-op. It allows us to progress through the game as a family and we cheer each other on. I assumed AVengers would have it when I ordered an LE. I’m kind of bummed it doesn’t

I don't rule it out completely. Keith hinted that coop may still be a possibility for JP. Let's wait and see. Would love a coop mode to play with my wife. She likes to play but hates to loose

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I wasn't offended, but I've never been a fan of seeing someone's head on the screen. I just prefer to see the game itself. So now that people are wearing masks, what's the point of seeing people on screen?

#1635 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Widescreen lens at a shallow angle dramatically alters the presentation. I wish more would do it this way.

I can promise you, with the utmost confidence, this would not work/look good.
If you want a "Pinball Arcade" view, then the players can't actually play.
Simple as that.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I wasn't offended, but I've never been a fan of seeing someone's head on the screen. I just prefer to see the game itself. So now that people are wearing masks, what's the point of seeing people on screen?

How would you fill all the rest of the space on the screen? The playfield can only take up the space it currently takes. LCD, then there’s probably 50-60% of the screen left after that.

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Simple as that.

Bowen seemed to do it fine. Unless I’m misunderstanding.

#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How would you fill all the rest of the space on the screen? The playfield can only take up the space it currently takes. LCD, then there’s probably 50-60% of the screen left after that.

Leave that larger pinball screen that is in the background of the players? I don't know, I'm just saying why bother showing people if they are hidden behind masks? Take this opportunity to come up with a new idea?

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bowen is one person, of one height, of one playstyle.
Once you get different people who move, are taller/shorter, etc, this falls apart.

#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from DeadFlip:

Simple as that.

It works. I do this at home during practice to see geometry from a first person POV. All it takes is a rolling rig that places the camera right above the apron. Unless someone is literally leaning on the pin or is 3 feet tall, it's not in the way.

#1641 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

It works. I do this at home during practice to see geometry from a first person POV. All it takes is a rolling rig that places the camera right above the apron. Unless someone is literally leaning on the pin or is 3 feet tall, it's not in the way.

How can you get the players view without a camera being in the players view?
Take into account I'm 6'7 and move a lot when I play, Ray is 5' 10(assuming), this isn't obstructing anyone's view or playspace?

#1642 3 years ago

I asked about 4x before ray finally answered me that Thanos was in the game at all. Hes stuck in a final wizard mode. And other than that only appears in tilt animations.

My favorite character is Thanos. LE has Thanos featured everywhere. So basically no one in my family would ever even see the guy. Thats just dumb.

The game should have a simple linear Story line that everyone knows and loves about Avengers.

-Battle Thanos and Minions at different locations for each Infinity Stone.
-If you lose Thanos gets it. If you win well you win.
-If thanos gets them all "SNAP" Game ends.

Instead we got a complex hard to follow, discombobulated, Thanoless Version of that With TROPHIES as the main feature.

EDIT::: I Misheard about TROPHIES> Ray explained that correctly Trophies are not required for Battle Thanos. I apologize
Not sure if you guys caught it. But only way to fight Thanos is by collecting 23 Flipping trophies. So now Trophies is more important than the Gems themselves.

Also explain why in the hell your not showing the Gauntlet. Damn near the only resemblance of a Toy you have in the Prem/LE on the reveal stream.

All that said Keiths Shot Layout looks a ton of fun. Just needed a decent story to go with it. And that gamma vision spinner is AMAZING.

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Bowen is one person, of one height, of one playstyle.
Once you get different people who move, are taller/shorter, etc, this falls apart.

Yep. Harder with more people, but can still be done. Everyone is taller than 5ft so just need to have a tripod about 3-4” away from the front of the game and allow the player to stand behind it and look over it. Not the most comfortable for the player, but it can be done.

#1644 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Harder with more people, but can still be done. Everyone is taller than 5ft so just need to have a tripod about 3-4” away from the front of the game and allow the player to stand behind it and look over it. Not the most comfortable for the player, but it can be done.

I've done several broadcasts with a camera between my legs to show off the playfield for stranger things.
It sucks. I kick the damn thing ALLL the time. haha.

#1645 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

+1

I think with this perspective the viewer can much more relate to the game and get a feel for it! I think You Jack, underestimate that.
When i first saw you streaming i nearly stopped, because it was like seeing a racing game from a bird's eye view. Howerver your personality compensate for that.

When I get a new game i'm always confused because i just know the top view. Maybe you can work something out for the future.

cheers

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I've done several broadcasts with a camera between my legs to show off the playfield for stranger things.
It sucks. I kick the damn thing ALLL the time. haha.

Yeah. Again, not easy but can be done. Much much easier to not try it as there’s a lot that can go wrong with a camera angle like that.

#1647 3 years ago

I love the mechanics, and play on the Playfield.
I love the Theme, and how my family can relate to it.
After watching the stream, Im not sure I like the 2 together.

It means, Ill wait to play some, read some, and see how it goes, before getting one.

I can certainly see the Brilliance in what Keith does, and how Tournament players will appreciate the
nuances for scoring, and scoring well.

As a Casual player for fun, its depth, might be its Draw back.....I didnt feel that with JP, and I think the only difference is time
to develop and polish.

More a complaint about me, and what I want, vs what the game offers....I have/had a few of those. Stern POTC, CV,
Stunning to look at, Watch, and shoot, but not quite the "One more game" button addiction.

I hope I am wrong over time, but now, Im on "Pause".

#1648 3 years ago

This is what it would look like. As long as your arms aren’t super short, should be fine. But if you’re an animated player, you’ll have to chillax a bit.

EEAC8A36-A8A9-4AD1-840E-319E53B1C0CA (resized).jpegEEAC8A36-A8A9-4AD1-840E-319E53B1C0CA (resized).jpeg
#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is what it would look like. As long as your arms aren’t super short, should be fine. But if you’re an animated player, you’ll have to chillax a bit. [quoted image]

Yeah this is what I did with stranger things. After about 20 minutes, if I wasnt kicking it, my arms/back hurt.

#1650 3 years ago

I will definitely try some streams like this sans player cam and see what people think. Stranger things is good candidate too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/33?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.