Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 56.
#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tonight was a blast!
Thanks for tuning in folks.
Friday is gonna be a more “Solo” vibe with direct audio.
Next week will be another front page stream, from my studio, just me... you... and the game. ❤️❤️

At times the stream seemed to lag a bit and the music sounded very subdued, maybe even distorted a bit. I'm looking forward to the friday stream.

Rob

#1552 3 years ago

I thought it would be cool if during the GEM battles, the characters would look a bit 'rougher' as their health bar wears down.

Rob

#1553 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

To each they’re own but IMO this is like watching tennis .

Maybe womens tennis because im slightly turned on by this game

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Meh, the Captain Marvel shot seems very difficult, all the guys are having trouble making it. Lots of rejected balls going half way up the ramps and just coming back down.

Yeah, it seems like it needs a flange at the entrance or a slight adjustment to the angle of the solid metal part or something. LOTS of rattle rejects.

#1555 3 years ago

I wouldn’t worry about ramps...Keith said in stream the machine was set up really difficult. I’m exited to get my premium

#1556 3 years ago

It’s a KE game - rules will be complex and some shots will be tight/difficult - just like JP (my current favorite). Lots of people are getting hung up on the animations and sounds but from a cost standpoint, I would prefer Stern spend the build money on the playfield and code... which I think they did here.

Not really an Avengers or comic book guy but I like this way more than I thought I would.

#1557 3 years ago

Looks great to me and love the depth for home play!

#1558 3 years ago

The stream made me realise how assymetrical this pin is. For people wanting to just bash the ball, they are not going to get many ramps with the right flipper. Unless cradling or flipping early, left flippers are going to get most ramp action, both of them. So definitely different to TMNT.

#1559 3 years ago

Wasn’t blown away by the stream of the game. I may have to reconsider buying a TMNT. AIQ just seemed disjointed to me and I don’t feel like it captured the magic of the universe. Would’ve liked to see more Thanos and I’m not sure what trophies have to do with the world.

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Wasn’t blown away by the stream of the game. I may have to reconsider buying a TMNT. AIQ just seemed disjointed to me and I don’t feel like it captured the magic of the universe. Would’ve liked to see more Thanos and I’m not sure what trophys have to do with the world.

AIQ is a great design in so many ways, especially the amount of thought to the shots and rule depth....it could be like JP, where it's hard to have the same game twice. But yeah, TMNT really captures the spirit of the turtles universe in a way that's unique....TMNT and EHoH kind of found the "soul" of the theme.

#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it seems like it needs a flange at the entrance or a slight adjustment to the angle of the solid metal part or something. LOTS of rattle rejects.

The ramp is an all or nothing shot due to the steepness. A lot of those shots that appeared to “rattle” would likely have completed on a normal ramp. But in this game it has to be a perfect shot at speed to make it vertical and over the loop.

I don’t mind having one shot in the game that’s difficult. As long as it’s not too essential to progress in the game and as long as the reward is there to compensate.

#1562 3 years ago

Not sure if this has been covered, but is the art used on the LCD by a different artist? I noticed two distinct styles that seemed very different than ZY's work.

Also, why not collect "relics" or trophies/mementos that are from clashes that the Avengers had with specific villains? (Kinda like Batman and his Batcave "trophies".) The weird trophy hall vibe reminds me of my old high school trophy cases for track, wrestling, football. Why in the hell would Avengers collect......bowling trophies fer cryin' out loud?!?!?! This is a decent/weird idea....kinda presented poorly or at the very least confused/misguided.

#1563 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The weird trophy hall vibe reminds me of my old high school trophy cases for track, wrestling, football. Why in the hell would Avengers collect......bowling trophies fer cryin' out loud?!?!?! This is a decent/weird idea....kinda presented poorly or at the very least confused/misguided.

To brag about their achievements

I can understand the point. Happy it doesn't bother me. I would not even have noticed if nobody mentioned it.

#1564 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I will say that looking back at the original JP stream it looks clunky as heck. Yes, JP is tough and you can hit a lot of posts, but it doesn’t feel bad because it has such amazing feeling shots. Hitting a loop tower combo makes you jizz every time, the O shot is smooth as butter. Compared to JP this LOOKS a bit less clunky, the question is how good the shots will feel once you hit them.

This release is going exactly how JP did, awe and amazement at the reveal and layout, then loads of I’m not sure, I’m not excited now after watching the reveal stream, clunky, tight shots, frustrating etc etc now it’s one of Sterns best!

Can’t remember maidens release but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the same too.

AIQ code isn’t finished I caught a few moments that where missing any animation etc, Keith will continue to refine and add to Avengers and it will be up there JP, this looks to actually shoot better imo.

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This release is going exactly how JP did, awe and amazement at the reveal and layout, then loads of I’m not sure, I’m not excited now after watching the reveal stream, clunky, tight shots, frustrating etc etc now it’s one of Sterns best!
Can’t remember maidens release but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the same too.
AIQ code isn’t finished I caught a few moments that where missing any animation etc, Keith will continue to refine and add to Avengers and it will be up there JP, this looks to actually shoot better imo.

Ok this caught my interest as I missed the JP stream back then. I went back and searched for the thread. After the stream it is hard the find even the slightest negative comments about the reveal of JP2. Most of them were in awe of what they have seen.

But that might have a lot to do with expectations. I really liked what I saw so far.

#1566 3 years ago

Like I said, remove the masks and people might feel differently about the game drawing you in. Humans relate to things by facial expressions. At times more important than words. It’s unfortunate that AIQ, a potential winner for game of the year, had to be streamed under the mask conditions.

A book might draw you in more than a movie? That’s the power of a book of comics, which this game is, part and parcel comics. It has potential to draw you in more than a movie, because of the power of your imagination. Book readers often don’t want to see a movie, because the movie they have in their mind is better.

#1567 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The trophies seem out of place. I love the concept of awards for meeting short-term goals, but do trophies tie-in to Avengers? Medals in ST make sense. Service members "collect" them to wear on their chests. Not a deal breaker for me, but it seems odd.

Ironman suits would have been perfect! Collect all starks suits in his armoury.

#1568 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That is not how I remember the JP stream. I was actually taken back by how little bitching there was about the JP release at the time. This game feels like it was rushed to market to get ahead of DR and JJP releases. The one Stern guy on the stream said they have been working on sound clips nonstop for the last two weeks, which means the sounds were still not figured out on Stern reveal date.

#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Ok this caught my interest as I missed the JP stream back then. I went back and searched for the thread. After the stream it is hard the find even the slightest negative comments about the reveal of JP2. Most of them were in awe of what they have seen.
But that might have a lot to do with expectations. I really liked what I saw so far.

There was moaning, this is pinside after all!

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

That is not how I remember the JP stream. I was actually taken back by how little bitching there was about the JP release at the time. This game feels like it was rushed to market to get ahead of DR and JJP releases. The one Stern guy on the stream said they have been working on sound clips nonstop for the last two weeks, which means the sounds were still not figured out on Stern reveal date.

The moaning about JP being too tight and frustrating still pops up now.

Honesty I don’t think covid is helping streams at all! All the noise trying to from the guys on zoom and then the guys there all in masks non of that helps the atmosphere of the streams even jack wasn’t his normal hyper self.

#1571 3 years ago

Does the tower hold more than 1 ball? ( I haven't had time to watch the stream yet).

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Does the tower hold more than 1 ball? ( I haven't had time to watch the stream yet).

I don't think so.

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Didn’t notice it on the stream, but I’m sure someone on the stern podcast said it can hold 2 balls at once during a certain mode, I could be mistaken, but go give it a listen pretty good podcast with the AIQ design team.

#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

No, it only holds 1 ball, via the tower magnet. while waiting for a 2nd ball to hit the 1st ball. then it releases to start a multiball...

#1575 3 years ago

I know its not movie based but I just wanted the colors of the gems/stones to match up
Time is green to me..green green green
Reality red, etc
Power/tesseract has to be Blue!
Am I wrong??????????

#1576 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I kinda felt this too. I am new to the hobby, so hopefully this doesn't come off harsh, but the presenters today (aside from Jack) just don't seem as comfortable/enthusiastic about showing off the game. Keith just doesn't seem like he really even wants to go to in-depth with a lot of the stuff, almost seem put out to be talking and not just playing. Contrast that with Dwight absolutely beaming during the TMNT reveal and it was pretty night and day.
I think watching some JD solo streams might help dial up the excitement. Game does look hard af for a relatively am player like me.

Some people like and work with a camera pointed at them better than others. Go watch the Lyman showing off b66 with JD... best coder in the business but putting on a show definitely isn’t his forte.

#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

I know its not movie based but I just wanted the colors of the gems/stones to match up
Time is green to me..green green green
Reality red, etc
Power/tesseract has to be Blue!
Am I wrong??????????

In the movies purple was the power stone and held in the orb seen in GOTG.

Blue was the tesseract which is the space stone from Avengers.

Reality was red and held in the aether from Thor.

#1578 3 years ago

This helps...should be picking up infinity gauntlet series from comic store tday also

CA796EAC-8185-4944-85D2-81FD06C05F43 (resized).pngCA796EAC-8185-4944-85D2-81FD06C05F43 (resized).png
#1579 3 years ago

The movie stones are different colors than the comic stones.

infinity-colors (resized).jpginfinity-colors (resized).jpg
#1580 3 years ago

I guess that screws the people. Who wanted to use movie Thanos gloves?

#1581 3 years ago

Here is the Youtube VOD!

#1582 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The movie stones are different colors than the comic stones. [quoted image]

That's just confusing and annoying.

#1583 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maybe womens tennis because im slightly turned on by this game

Lmao...Just my situation was I would’ve had to sell my IMDNprem and I’m not doing that .That being said Ill definitely be looking to play it somewhere soon

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That's just confusing and annoying.

It’s always been the case, comics had the infinity gems, movies changed up the colours and called them infinity stones, never understood why they did/had to do that, but doesn’t bother me all that much as I’m familiar with both versions.

Just mean some modders won’t be able to just slap some LEDs in any old gauntlet.

#1585 3 years ago

Gems v Stones

6B4CD32A-F599-4F35-A066-FE8BE6A55B78 (resized).jpeg6B4CD32A-F599-4F35-A066-FE8BE6A55B78 (resized).jpeg
#1586 3 years ago

I liked the stream last night, the playfield looks like it has some awesome shots.

My main concern right now is the complexity/fun in the rules.

I'm a below average player and my family is even worse. These rules seem pretty complicated for us.

#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Not sure if this has been covered, but is the art used on the LCD by a different artist? I noticed two distinct styles that seemed very different than ZY's work.

I was wondering this too.

#1588 3 years ago

DeadFlip will be able to breakdown the rules on his stream later this week. He always does a great job prior to flipping telling us his strategy for a specific game. The stream last night was all over the place but it was GREAT to see the Stern employees so EXCITED. At one point, Raymond got the super skill shot and raised his arms in delight.

Plus, DeadFlip probably won't be wearing a mask so we can hear him clearly. It will be a fun night.

Tim

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I liked the stream last night, the playfield looks like it has some awesome shots.
I'm a below average player and my family is even worse. These rules seem pretty complicated for us.

#1589 3 years ago

Hope some adds some of this songs to the game and bring it more to live and blood pumping as the orchestra

Mainmusic or for a Mode with hulk:

IronMan Multiball:

Thor Multiball:

(may as an instrumental version)

maybe this one for a mode:

There is a lot of potential.

#1590 3 years ago

Saw the livestream.
The game looks way too serious.
If it was a Ritchie or Borg design, it would have been burned down to the ground after this stream.
The theme just doesn't match the lay-out imo.

#1591 3 years ago

My 2 cents...

Watch the YouTube video and pause the game here and there to understand the rules. Keith makes every shot worth something. I'm excited to get a FREE instruction card with my premium. Thanks!

Tim

#1592 3 years ago

It looked to me that the "half ramps" were more due to on the fly shots and missed shots. Rather than any inherent clunkiness.

I'm hoping for a rules summary like they did with TMNT and IMND. It's good to read that a few times to get basic knowledge of the game. If there's not a noticeable learning curve. Then, the game rules are probably not breaking new ground.

#1593 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Saw the livestream.
The game looks way too serious.
If it was a Ritchie or Borg design, it would have been burned down to the ground after this stream.
The theme just doesn't match the lay-out imo.

None of these statements make sense to me. EDIT: Except the first one.

#1594 3 years ago

Machine exceeded all my expectation for a True Comic Book fan - Yes the better half of the stream was the back end - Watch a real player drive it home.
Such a Bonus to have so many Marvel Characters on one Pin. Beyond excited it wasn't built fer Kid's - LE locked & loaded

#1595 3 years ago

Ok. So I think I figured out the rules. It’s actually not that complicated.

Main Quests:
Collect the Infinity Gems
Spin the Dr. Strange Portal to qualify the mode.
Shoot the portal to start the mode
Shots for the mode flash the color of the gem you’re collecting
If you beat the member of the Black Order you shoot a shot to collect the gem.
The next shot determines which play field shot the gem is placed on to get its benefits

Main Side Quest
Assemble the Avengers - similar to power features in Iron Maiden
If you accomplish all the activities on the LCD, you Assemble the Avengers and start a mini wizard mode.

Mini Quests
Hulk Rampage
Hawkeye Sharp Shooter Modes on the Upper Left Flipper

Computer Awards
Various Power ups or advantages to help with all of the above

Thor Multi-Ball
Started with x amount of hits to the Thor Captive Ball

Iron Man Multiball
Light Iron Inlanes to light the lock at the tower
Shoot Tower to Lock a ball

I’m not 100% certain on these but it seems to be the framework in general

#1596 3 years ago

Yeah. I think the main complexity, and where it will shine for high skilled players is in the nuances of where to place the gems and when to move them. For us mortals just collecting the gems and playing the super modes will be the meat of the game.

#1597 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The rule set is as simple as can be, but has depth for people who want depth.

Simple:
A Collect gems by defeating Black army and to make sure Thanos doesn’t get them to use against you.
B Use different Avengers to defeat various black army members
C Collect trophies as objectives are completed.

It is that simple. It only seems complicated because you’ve never played it, but that is the brilliance of Keith’s rule sets and designs. Works for beginners, moderates and experienced players.

We all want games that have last-ability in the home, with plenty to explore. Modern games do that in spades. The old arcade games of many years ago are real simple, where you walk up and play it for 5 minutes, then go to the next one and repeat. Thankfully AIQ is not that kind of simple.

#1598 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Ok. So I think I figured out the rules. It’s actually not that complicated.
Main Quests:
Collect the Infinity Gems
Spin the Dr. Strange Portal to qualify the mode.
Shoot the portal to start the mode
Shots for the mode flash the color of the gem you’re collecting
If you beat the member of the Black Order you shoot a shot to collect the gem.
The next shot determines which play field shot the gem is placed on to get its benefits
Main Side Quest
Assemble the Avengers - similar to power features in Iron Maiden
If you accomplish all the activities on the LCD, you Assemble the Avengers and start a mini wizard mode.
Mini Quests
Hulk Rampage
Hawkeye Sharp Shooter Modes on the Upper Left Flipper
Computer Awards
Various Power ups or advantages to help with all of the above
Thor Multi-Ball
Started with x amount of hits to the Thor Captive Ball
Iron Man Multiball
Light Iron Inlanes to light the lock at the tower
Shoot Tower to Lock a ball
I’m not 100% certain on these but it seems to be the framework in general

Yep. I agree. This seems to be the main structure of the code with many many tangents and nuisances within these areas to explore. Can’t wait to play this game. Looks so good.

#1599 3 years ago

The mini Hulk gamma spinner mode has great sounds and energy to it, hopefully more of these “moments” will come in during polishing.

#1600 3 years ago

When it comes to pinball, I'm totally not a deep rules guy. I like a nice shooter and something easy to understand off the bat. It doesn't mean don't add depth, it just means have a good starting point so anyone can walk up and play it.

I think that is done here and will likely be polished up to be more friendly to everyone.

The biggest issue with the stream last night is that you have a game that was set up VERY difficult (said so on stream).

Add in you have the best players in the world (literally)

And they know the deeper objectives to go for so are strategizing what to do.

This takes away the luster for the non-pro player as it now screams difficult.

This in my opinion is just an illusion of the stream.

Wait until jack danger plays it solo, without major depth to startegy due to lack of game knowledge. He is an amazing player, a great showman, and will rehype you into loving the game.

I think we all go into the reveal expecting fireworks, but without knowing what to look for you may not get the feeling of what it's actually like to play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 34.00
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/32?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.