Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 56.
#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

To each they’re own but IMO this is like watching tennis .

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I like watching tennis

#1502 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Like its missing enthusiasm.

I kinda felt this too. I am new to the hobby, so hopefully this doesn't come off harsh, but the presenters today (aside from Jack) just don't seem as comfortable/enthusiastic about showing off the game. Keith just doesn't seem like he really even wants to go to in-depth with a lot of the stuff, almost seem put out to be talking and not just playing. Contrast that with Dwight absolutely beaming during the TMNT reveal and it was pretty night and day.

I think watching some JD solo streams might help dial up the excitement. Game does look hard af for a relatively am player like me.

#1503 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I suspect there may be some LE's available tomorrow....

Can you please give us the link to your LE that is for sale? I have a few friends in the USA that are very keen to purchase a LE

#1504 3 years ago

Going to take some learning of both the rules and the shots.

AND THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!

Im sick of this push for easier games with simple code and co-op so you and the kids can see everything in 2 days. Location play is dead for the moment. These games need to stand up in a home environment and offer the owners replayability and a challenge.

Keith, please dont waste coding time implementing Co-op.

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I am in and staying in but I wasn’t blown away like I was for turtles . But I just can’t see Elwin designing a clunker

Not a clunker, but looks much less compelling than Jurassic, where the rules and shots all harmonize beautifully.

#1506 3 years ago

I am not a good player, but not concerned about "too hard". Reasons:

1) Keith said in an interview that he wanted his next game (Avengers) to be between Iron Maiden and Jurassic Park shot difficulty-wise. Sorry, cannot remember the source.

2) Keith said on stream that the game is setup to be difficult for the stream to decrease ball times. My guess is it is pretty steep.

3)(EDIT) I think Keith and everyone playing were a few beers in.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im sick of this push for easier games with simple code and co-op so you and the kids can see everything in 2 days. Location play is dead for the moment. These games need to stand up in a home environment and offer the owners replayability and a challenge.

SPOT ON

#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I kinda felt this too. I am new to the hobby, so hopefully this doesn't come off harsh, but the presenters today (aside from Jack) just don't seem as comfortable/enthusiastic about showing off the game. Keith just doesn't seem like he really even wants to go to in-depth with a lot of the stuff, almost seem put out to be talking and not just playing. Contrast that with Dwight absolutely beaming during the TMNT reveal and it was pretty night and day.
I think watching some JD solo streams might help dial up the excitement. Game does look hard af for a relatively am player like me.

Dwight was beaming for Munsters. Different people have different demeanors.

#1509 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I was talking about the game itself, the call outs specifically

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

But I just can’t see Elwin designing a clunker

He didn't. Gameplay is there for sure but its a let down for me when it comes to style. I have a sneaking suspicion the call outs are gonna be bad, real bad.

#1511 3 years ago

Not blown away.. seems a lot of same-same. But still in for LE

#1512 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I was talking about the game itself, the call outs specifically

Ahh OK. I actually didn't mind the callouts - didn't notice them too much overall, which I generally take as a good thing. I like to notice them if they're good, but I'd rather not notice them at all than notice them for being bad, if that makes sense,

#1513 3 years ago

The game from a rules and layout version looks awesome but as a total package it isn't blowing me away like Jurassic Park did. I think this is one where I'd be happy getting a Pro and getting an extra spinner and having one less steep ramp to shoot. Can't wait to play one!

#1514 3 years ago

I love the look of the game, but there are some smiles and head scratchers created by the stream.

- Animations look cool for a comic based game. Callouts need help, but I'm sure they're coming.

- The half-ramps are concerning, but I bet setup will have an impact on that. The DP Katana ramp was getting blasted after the stream, but it can be dialed in pretty easily.

- Rules sound complicated. They didn't even attempt a basic walkthrough. They just said let's play. From the comments while playing, a basic walkthrough would have taken the entire stream! I like complicated games as long as they don't become tedious, but the rules could turn some people off.

- The trophies seem out of place. I love the concept of awards for meeting short-term goals, but do trophies tie-in to Avengers? Medals in ST make sense. Service members "collect" them to wear on their chests. Not a deal breaker for me, but it seems odd.

Bottom line for me is I'm very interested in this game. I may be shaking up the collection to pick up a couple of KE games.

#1515 3 years ago

I love the look of the game, artwork shots and all. I do think its a very similar layout to my TMNT. Mostly left upper flipper, spinning disc near there. Im guessing ill decide which one to keep long term next year if I feel they are samey

#1516 3 years ago

Avengers2 Premium reveal video with Keith and the team (2hrs 34min):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/736374553

#1517 3 years ago

The layout looks amazing but the music and especially the animations are lacking. However, I'm sure the game will improve a ton over the next year as the code develops. JP from release code to today are two completely different games. The same thing will likely happen here with Avengers.

#1518 3 years ago

someone said code is v1.0 on stream. I feel like its just semantics. Turtles shipped at like 1.03 but has seen lots of changes already with more to come.

#1519 3 years ago

Seemed like there were a fair number of failed ramp shots that didn’t make it all the way up/ around. Maybe the game was set up steeper than normal.

#1520 3 years ago

I was late to see this caught maybe last 45 minutes. I was totally lost on rules, but some amazing game play.

I'm wondering if there is a college credit to be had on the rules?

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Not blown away.. seems a lot of same-same. But still in for LE

I didn't watch too much but (IMO) Maiden may be more exciting to play for me?

I don't have any Keith games yet so I can pick any one. I had Maiden for a week at my house and loved it.

#1522 3 years ago

If people need others to tell them what they like so be it. I see lots of potential and an awesome game once a few tweaks are made.

#1523 3 years ago

I’m still in on a premium. I wasn’t blown away, but I think the game has a lot of potential. I’m worried a bit about learning all the rules. The game needs a tutorial mode.

#1524 3 years ago

Layout is amazing and will be a blast to shoot. I love Keith's rulesets, so I'm sure the code will be awesome.

The pin did seem to lack some personality and identity at this point. The music and callouts didn't grab me. Maybe I'm too used to the Marvel movies.

#1525 3 years ago

Game looks cool, but not cool enough to pull the trigger before seeing what JJP and Deeproot are going to show soon. Unless you need an LE, these will be available for a while, no need to rush.

#1526 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I had Maiden for a week at my house and loved it.

Of course you did - I have had it since it was released and I still don’t get tired of it!

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Layout is amazing and will be a blast to shoot. I love Keith's rulesets, so I'm sure the code will be awesome.
The pin did seem to lack some personality and identity at this point. The music and callouts didn't grab me. Maybe I'm too used to the Marvel movies.

I agree, it needs more humor. I understand the comic book license is less expensive, but having movie assets and call outs would make a big difference.

#1528 3 years ago

I like the game enough. Theme means something. I can't stand the LE armor. Just make it gold and problem solved. You used GOLD for WWE and GOTG. Why French's Yellow Mustard?

The Zero Gravity Ramp (whatever it's called) is pretty damn difficult. You see a lot of the top 5 players in the world getting rejects. If you like rejects, sweet.

The code seems great to me. Animations solid enough. Voices decent enough.

#1529 3 years ago

Super Excited with the LE I bought.

Again - I can sell it for more if the shots down't go the way I want them to, lol.

Happy Happy

#1530 3 years ago

The layout, shots and combos look fantastic.

Yeti killed it on the artwork. A stunner in person no doubt if it looks that good on the stream.

The Bingo board drops and related strategy are really cool and help to complicate things in a good way.

It looked like they had that game set up really steep, not much side to side action at all. A good thing.

Like i said up top, i think this one is gonna be a game that requires a whole bunch of time on it to understand it and love it. Like TWD. I'm preparing to play this one non stop!

As far as the final "harmony", it's tough to say on a stream like this. Because there is so much going on a couple of isolated cameras isn't gonna capture the feel in that way. Same way with JP. Movie clips and call outs would have been great on both but not realistic to pay for. Still fantastic.

They did say the code is basically finished, just a bunch of polish needed.

That said, i think like JP, when you figure it all out, it's gonna be GREAT, sweet HARMONY!

#1531 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The layout looks amazing but the music and especially the animations are lacking. However, I'm sure the game will improve a ton over the next year as the code develops. JP from release code to today are two completely different games. The same thing will likely happen here with Avengers.

I wouldnt say JP on release to final was two different games. It's more like a ice cream sundae where they kept pilling on whipped cream, cherries, a new car, $1000 a week for life.

The animations and rules made JP feel like a video game where the pinball machine was the controller and felt immersive. This just feels like a 10 year old game.

#1532 3 years ago

The failed ramp shots could be due to flipper fade, which seems to be a "thing" lately with Stern machines. If that's the case, that sucks, so I hope for owners' sake that it's just set up too steep. (But I would think Keith would know exactly what pitch to set the game up at.)

#1533 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

(But I would think Keith would know exactly what pitch to set the game up at.)

One would only hope...

#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

After reading the TWIP Deap dive, the rules did not seem to lend themselves to Coop. You are not playing an avenger, but collecting them. So Coop would not work here.

Have you played Turtles? No way is this an easy game. Some people are off loading because their kids can't hit the shots.

I agree that Coop for every game may not be a good idea, but for a game like turtles it is amazing. Play it with family members or friends and it is great fun. There is also enough breadth in Turtles that there will be other stuff to unlock besides the final battle for years to come.

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Some people are off loading because their kids can't hit the shots.

The kids are crying for Monster Bash remake.

Love the rule complexity and challenging layout. Covid may have given AIQ the final push from operating to home usability.

#1536 3 years ago

Wow! I was watching the reveal tonight and i was not as excited that i was for TMNT. I was in the impression that i’m maybe the only one but don’t get me wrong i love KW games ( i own a JP and it’s probably my favorite game). I literally fall asleep on the stream. The game doesn’t have ambiance or wow moments. Even Jack didn’t look enthusiasm streaming it. Go watch the TMNT reveal stream... day and night.

I’m sure it’s a great game but my expectations honnestly lowered down after this stream.

Also, i’m the only one that is worried that the 2 bests pinball players in the world we’re unable to hit the super skill shot?

#1537 3 years ago

I'm still in ... for waiting to see more and play the game before I buy one.

#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Very difficult to speak and show any emotions, with your face muzzled by a mask.

#1539 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The failed ramp shots could be due to flipper fade, which seems to be a "thing" lately with Stern machines. If that's the case, that sucks, so I hope for owners' sake that it's just set up too steep. (But I would think Keith would know exactly what pitch to set the game up at.)

I saw a lot of flipper fade in many of the shots however I joined in well after the first hour or so.

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Love that there is a learning curve for the home environment. It makes for a complete compelling game, with long term fun. The ramps and wire forms are like having Disneyland theme park in your home. This layout doesn’t look as difficult as our JP2s are to shoot and fits with what Keith stated of being in between the 3. Looking forward to shooting it myself.

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I saw a lot of flipper fade in many of the shots however I joined in well after the first hour or so.

What is flipper fade? Heat / weak after extended play?

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

What is flipper fade? Heat / weak after extended play?

Yep.

#1543 3 years ago

I was worried about fade just seeing the game for the first time but they were getting half ramps when the stream started. Overall my excitement has gone down. I will probably wait to play one before buying.

I’m sure it will be good but all modern Sterns are pretty good.

#1544 3 years ago

Tonight was a blast!
Thanks for tuning in folks.
Friday is gonna be a more “Solo” vibe with direct audio.
Next week will be another front page stream, from my studio, just me... you... and the game. ❤️❤️

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Tonight was a blast!
Thanks for tuning in folks.
Friday is gonna be a more “Solo” vibe with direct audio.
Next week will be another front page stream, from my studio, just me... you... and the game. ❤️❤️

As always, thanks for spending the time to do the stream! Not that you need your arm twisted to play the very latest games, but still, appreciate the time involved. Looked super fun. Looking forward to the direct audio stream as well.

#1546 3 years ago

Sounds like some of you over hyped yourself. Not sure what you expect from Marvel superhero game. Doesn't have to be the best game ever in the universe. Game looks fantastic and fun. Modes look very interesting and shots look great. Trophies are welcomed for me. Thought they were pretty fun in ST. Of course cannot really judge until I play one.

#1547 3 years ago

Maybe it’s just me but i like more straight forward simple rules. Iron Maiden style.

No need to complicate things.

Excited to try it but I’m not buying now.

#1548 3 years ago

From the outset, the shots looked tight. I always thought this was going to be a shooters game. There's heaps on this playfield. I don't mind the Captain Marvel ramp being hard. I liked how much the left flipper can shoot. The ramp that can be shot from all 3 flippers looks great. Layout is different enough from Turtles. I liked the animations. Call outs could be made a bit better. I will check this out in the next 2 years, once I have room. This and Turtles are great (no way am I selling off Turtles early). We are getting something other than just fan layouts, which is awesome!

#1549 3 years ago

In for the LE. Will need some really good custom music, but I think the rest seems pretty good!

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Hoping to see LE gameplay again somehow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,250 (OBO)
$ 34.00
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/31?hl=grossp59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.