Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 55.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

I get how Marvel Comics created Marvel Studios blah blah blah. My point was that just because this pin is fashioned from the comics story doesn’t mean it has to have comic book style animations. The powers that be could have done something less safe and more imaginative. Hope that clears up my previous statement that triggered you.

I honestly love the Infinity War and Endgame movies. They are two of my favorite movies of all time. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've watched them.

But I still feel like the comic theme for this pinball machine was 100% the right way to go. For the same reasons it was the right way to go for Deadpool. This lets them give a pinball twist to content that would otherwise be locked to movie lines and scenes. When I play this pin, I don't want to play through the movie Dragon's Lair style. I want to play the pinball version of the Infinity saga.

I'm probably also in the minority that is glad they didn't put the movie actors in the recently released avengers video game. I am enjoying the game a lot more not being bound to the actors.

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It is two completely different Thanos designs in the animation and on the everything else.[quoted image][quoted image]

but I'm glad they kept with an art style that at least tries to mimic the playfield/comic art

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

But I still feel like the comic theme for this pinball machine was 100% the right way to go.

The only game to 100% knock out of the park with movie/tv assets imo was hobbit. The layout left something to be desired but asset use/integration was killer. I think the choice to stick with the comics will allow for a better endgame
As long as none of the voices are x-men level of corny, I'll feel ok. The original avengers pin had a questionable Nick Fury but everyone else was pretty well done so if they can match that level I'd chalk it up as a win.

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

The only game to 100% knock out of the park with movie/tv assets imo was hobbit. The layout left something to be desired but asset use/integration was killer. I think the choice to stick with the comics will allow for a better endgame

I definitely agree with you on this one! Hobbit is also incredible to watch someone play it, the immersion is something I have never seen in a pin thus far.

Honorable mention for me is Star Trek 2013 the sounds are outta this world good and they used those movie assets to the fullest. Makes you feel like you're flying around in the Enterprise while playing.

#1405 3 years ago

which stream is first... the pro or premium?! How much longer until they're on twitch!?

#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

which stream is first... the pro or premium?! How much longer until they're on twitch!?

Premium/LE tonight at 5 pm cdt!!!! They just released an Iron Man teaser video too that looks incredible!!!!

If you don't know your timezone conversion it's 6 hours from now! lol

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10158846573384244

#1407 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I honestly love the Infinity War and Endgame movies. They are two of my favorite movies of all time. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've watched them.
But I still feel like the comic theme for this pinball machine was 100% the right way to go. For the same reasons it was the right way to go for Deadpool. This lets them give a pinball twist to content that would otherwise be locked to movie lines and scenes. When I play this pin, I don't want to play through the movie Dragon's Lair style. I want to play the pinball version of the Infinity saga.
I'm probably also in the minority that is glad they didn't put the movie actors in the recently released avengers video game. I am enjoying the game a lot more not being bound to the actors.

I respect what you are saying but it’s a risky move for Stern. The animations and call outs could be horrid and turn away buyers whereas movie clips and real actors would have less detractors. Let’s see what the live stream shows.

#1408 3 years ago

All of the teaser videos of the animations / effects I’ve seen so far, seem to necessitate a shaker motor for all models.

#1409 3 years ago

I respect what you are saying but it’s a risky move for Stern. The animations and call outs could be horrid and turn away buyers whereas movie clips and real actors would have less detractors. Let’s see what the live stream shows.

It's really not. A risky move would be if they spent a large part of their budget on licensing actor likenesses and movie clips while making a game with one ramp, one spinner, a mono target and a bash toy. Look at how unique the playfield is. Seriously who watches the clips if the ball is in play anyhow? Save the good animations for events where the ball is staged or locked. Sound design is more important to me than licensing movie clips that I have seen hundreds of times.

#1410 3 years ago

Im not saying ill completely hate the animations. But im certainly a bit worried from what ive seen so far.

This isnt DEADPOOL level of animations its even cheaper. Which lots of people complained to the high heavens about the 32 bit graphics on DeadPool. I think i would have been fine if it was Deadpool Style.

Again this style may sync well with this machine. Im just saying I'm a bit worried leading up into seeing it. Because one thing is obvious to me, especially if you think about sterns BOM on other games. And it would fit "Elwins style" I dont see Elwin caring too much about whats on the screen and much more about whats under the glass. So given the decision, "Hey would you want more BOM for under the glass or less so we can put lots more money into animations?" Hes going to choose under the glass all day.

I think the animations are either going to be Good enough or possibly really bring down the hype for the game. Im hoping they are good enough.

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I really like the IMDN animations and what they did with the LCD screen. And callouts/voice actors are some of the best I've ever heard. Great package!

Agree 100%. I said in a previous post maybe in this thread. I would be fine with those same voice actors from maiden with little to nothing in the way of character call outs. Its always been bad and always tedious after a dozen or so plays. Just think about Xmen, wait don't, I just did and went down to one knee thinking about it, I can't breathe.

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I think the animations are either going to be Good enough or possibly really bring down the hype for the game. Im hoping they are good enough.

Come on as long as they aren't atrocious who cares. Its the music and voice work/ call outs that will affect it the most.

#1413 3 years ago

So many speculations. The fact is that we don't yet.

REMEMBER - at 5PM EST you guys will be able to see what's truly going on.

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

So many speculations. The fact is that we don't yet.
REMEMBER - at 5PM EST you guys will be able to see what's truly going on.

I think it's 6pm EST

#1415 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

I think it's 6pm EST

correct. it's 5pm CENTRAL time (where deadflip and stern are both located).

#1416 3 years ago

wow! so excited for this! RE: the animations comments, if it's anything like I'm seeing teased on the Stern twitter feed, I think it's perfectly aligned with this game's feel. I like the clean "comic book" style animation where there are dramatic slo-mo pauses and clear fonts. Not a crazy busy mess of a screen. It should feed quick info to the player and a little something for spectators but it shouldn't look like a airforce pilot's HUD.

#1417 3 years ago

Screenshot_20200909-153008_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200909-153008_Google (resized).jpg
#1418 3 years ago

This will be my first live stream of watching anything for me today, actually excited. I already prepaid for a premium on this game without even playing it, hopefully I won't regret this like my friend did when he preordered the last Avengers pinball machine by Stern prior to playing it. So far, the snippets of animation to me look good, and again, as you play the game, you don't get to see most of the animations anyway so even if they are just so, so, it isn't bad. I love the animations on my Stern JP, but sadly, I'm more concentrated on playing the game, and not watching the animations. Only get to watch them when my wife and friends play the game. At least with my former Stern BK, the animations were there to watch during a pause in the game play, and those were great, especially the Hell Hand!

#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

I think it's 6pm EST

I know it's semantics, but we (the US) are currently on daylight time, not standard time.

The stream is at 5pm CDT/6pm EDT/4pm MDT/3pm PDT. If my calculations are correct it is at 10pm GMT (22:00).

It is on Jack Danger's Dead Flip twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/deadflip

I can't frickin wait! (Only I didn't use frickin.)

#1420 3 years ago

^^^^ 1 hour and 50 mins until it goes live, lol!

#1421 3 years ago

I heard most people on Pinside were snotty eff wads but figured it couldn’t be that bad.

I was wrong.

#1422 3 years ago

I heard most people on Pinside were snotty eff wads but figured it couldn’t be that bad.
I was wrong.

Not everyone is that bad, but there are certainly some trolls.

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Actually. Marvel is notorious for underpaying their artists.
I’ve worked for Dreamworks for 8 years and Sony Pictures Animation for 6 years. And now I own my own animation studio here in Salt Lake. Certainly the TMNT animations costs a pretty penny especially when compared to this Avengers work we see here.
Avengers is using “after effects animation” and TMNT, interestingly enough was “rendered” in a real-time game engine. Each separate animation only seems to utilize two or three different poses and doesn’t actually have any transition animation on the characters themselves. Very cheap and relatively safe to do. I imagine Stern did this as a scheduling strategy more than anything.
The cost of producing after-effects animation of this caliber....would come in around $10-$20 a second. (And that’s considering the 2D artwork I already drawn and colored) That’s a rough estimate.
TMNT. Different story. Most of the costs are in the 3D asset creation and not the actual per-second footage.

Any interest in doing animations on my homebrew when we get there? JK I’m positive I can’t afford it haha.

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

I think SW Stern is also great use of assets.

I think you’re forgetting Rick and Morty as for use of assets is outstanding too.

I believe in general Avengers is better with an open comic book story rather than trying to shoehorn the game around the movie assets.

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Im not saying ill completely hate the animations. But im certainly a bit worried from what ive seen so far.
This isnt DEADPOOL level of animations its even cheaper. Which lots of people complained to the high heavens about the 32 bit graphics on DeadPool. I think i would have been fine if it was Deadpool Style.
Again this style may sync well with this machine. Im just saying I'm a bit worried leading up into seeing it. Because one thing is obvious to me, especially if you think about sterns BOM on other games. And it would fit "Elwins style" I dont see Elwin caring too much about whats on the screen and much more about whats under the glass. So given the decision, "Hey would you want more BOM for under the glass or less so we can put lots more money into animations?" Hes going to choose under the glass all day.

I’m more for letting the designers do their thing. I’d hate to be someone who gives their life into making a great game then constantly hear people nit pick it to death.

I mean for example Tron DMD display and Iron Man and SM were bad but the games rock.

This is not a million selling video game we’re talking about a few thousand units can’t expect too much.

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m more for letting the designers do their thing. I’d hate to be someone who gives their life into making a great game then constantly hear people nit pick it to death.
I mean for example Tron DMD display and Iron Man and SM were bad but the games rock.
This is not a million selling video game we’re talking about a few thousand units can’t expect too much.

I will preface this with I am all in on this game and I think the animations look great.

With that said, its not really a fair comparison of video games to pinball machines, while a video game sells millions, it costs $60, not $9200. So I don't agree that we "cant expect too much". If stern and everyone else wants to keep hitting us with price increases, then people should be expecting a lot.

#1427 3 years ago

Looking forward to the stream.

#1428 3 years ago

T-Minus 17 minutes until the Livestream!

Link:
https://www.twitch.tv/Deadflip

#1429 3 years ago

i have to go to sleep (23.45 here) but...

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i have to go to sleep (23.45 here) but...

lightweight!

#1431 3 years ago

I don't even give a shit about comics - although I sell board games for a living so I'm superficially familiar with all these guys, even Thanos. And I remember "Captain America throws his mighty shield!" song in something like 1972...when I was a latchkey kid.

That said, I'll own a premium within a year.

This is going to be an EPIC game!!

#1432 3 years ago

12 Minutes - The "order e-mail" for the distributor is already ready and waiting to be sent

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How do you know it costs less? How do you know it doesn’t take just as much time as the 3D models in TMNT?
There’s all these animation “experts” in here but does anyone commenting have any real world experience with animation?
Looking at the animations they must have all been drawn either by Marvel or Chuck and co at Stern, or maybe a combination of both?
There’s a hell of a cost right there if marvel is helping with the animation and graphics, it’s still a massive amount of time and cost if Stern have done it all in house with Chuck and team.
What looks simple doesn’t always equate to simple and cheap. I’m also pretty happy Stern are mixing up their lcd display style and animations, this works perfectly for a comic book themed pin, 3D models worked perfectly for JP having a mix of style between games is great.

Okay I’ll take the bite. I know from being involved in the business. Slide shows are many times cheaper to make than fully animated, plain and simple. Far less man hours are devoted to stills vs. fully animated and that’s not a bad thing for something like AIQ. It works well for this title style.

Edit: Watching stream right now and the LCD looks fantastic! Good job stern animations department!

#1434 3 years ago

I was wrong.

Again......

Screenshot_20200909-153008_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200909-153008_Google (resized).jpg
#1436 3 years ago

Meh, after watching Keith play, game seems clunky, nothing really special. Not for me. But I'm sure it appeals to a lot of people. Nothing about it makes me want to buy it. Good for me, more money in my pocket. Sounds are good, animations are good, just, meh for me.

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Meh, after watching Keith play, game seems clunky, nothing really special. Not for me. But I'm sure it appeals to a lot of people. Nothing about it makes me want to buy it. Good for me, more money in my pocket. Sounds are good, animations are good, just, meh for me.

#1438 3 years ago

the game has a nice flow - and it seems there is a lot to do. Also it seems there are a lot of combos possible and you can play a few multiballs.
The animations are cool, and i like the callouts. The "orchestra music" is not my cup of tee... but I hope some will do a good rocking soundpackage for the game.

#1439 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Saw some clunky shots, but no more than any other pin. Looks really good to me. A lot of neat shots and some really cool combos. Animations are kind of meh, but everything else looks great to me. Rules seem insane (in a good way).

#1440 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Jesus, really?! Clunky?

Maybe I'm just a crack baby...but this looks like total dope to me...like seriously fucking amazing...

Looks great. Great shots. Great modes. Great music and callouts. Great, simple animations that suit pinball. Most importantly: hugely fun to play and shoot...and challenging.

#1441 3 years ago

Doesn’t seem to have any specific modes that are in the premium that aren’t on the pro. Anyone know for sure?

#1442 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Jesus, really?! Clunky?
Maybe I'm just a crack baby...but this looks like total dope to me...like seriously fucking amazing...
Looks great. Great shots. Great modes. Great music and callouts. Great, simple animations that suit pinball. Most importantly: hugely fun to play and shoot...and challenging.

Meh, the Captain Marvel shot seems very difficult, all the guys are having trouble making it. Lots of rejected balls going half way up the ramps and just coming back down. I don't like it. Don't get the whole trophy thing, seems kind of cheap and nothing to do with Avengers. But hey, can't make everyone happy and its just not a pin for me. I'm happy about that, it's one less pin I want to own.

#1443 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Meh, the Captain Marvel shot seems very difficult, all the guys are having trouble making it. Lots of rejected balls going half way up the ramps and just coming back down. I don't like it. Don't get the whole trophy thing, seems kind of cheap and nothing to do with Avengers. But hey, can't make everyone happy and its just not a pin for me. I'm happy about that, it's one less pin I want to own.

Fair, brother

#1444 3 years ago

Kind of looks like TMNT with some fancy ramps and a subway

#1445 3 years ago

Rules are going to take a long time to master...although the person talking is not the best presenter. Looks like it shoots better than Turtles, but thats a low bar.

#1446 3 years ago

Shot flow is excellent.

Tons of targets to hit, with plenty of objectives.

Watching Raymond play right now: don’t see any clunk shot with him.

Keith just got back on and of course shooting well for him too.

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Shot flow is excellent.
Tons of targets to hit, with plenty of objectives.
Watching Raymond play right now: don’t see any clunk shot with him.
Keith just got back on and of course shooting well for him too.

Two of the best players in the world are getting a ton of half ramps though.

#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doesn’t seem to have any specific modes that are in the premium that aren’t on the pro. Anyone know for sure?

Don't know for sure, but from what I see, seems like Pro won't be a bad way to go either, for us Pro guys. As cool as that Captain Marvel ramp is, I like the fact that the Captain Marvel spinner on the Pro can be backhanded.

I'm still trying to figure out how they'll implement virtual locks in lieu of the subway.

#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Very clunky in places. Just watched Keith rattle the captain marvel ramp/loop like 5 times in a row and it came back down each time. Also noticed the left ramp the ball doesn’t make it up from the right flipper and falls back down like 75% of the time. Sound effects are great. Hate the music. Going to wait a bit and see on this one. A week ago I was all in on a premium. Now I’m a bit underwhelmed.

#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Two of the best players in the world are getting a ton of half ramps though.

I saw this too!!! I can only imagine how many I would get...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/29?hl=djnoel30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.