Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 55.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe the side art is exclusive to the LE. The one you can buy is different.

Yup LE mirror back glass and inner art blades are always exclusive and differ from the ones sold to the public.

#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Yup LE mirror back glass and inner art blades are always exclusive and differ from the ones sold to the public.

Seems they only differ in color this time around but that’s ok .

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Can you even buy a mirror backglass for the newer Stern games?

That is my reasoning for an LE - If I got a Premium I would want a piece of PDI glass and colored rails/legs - that is nearly $1000 delivered. Once you add in the side blades and the mirrored back glass it isn't that far of a reach, but to each their own.

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Can you even buy a mirror backglass for the newer Stern games?
That is my reasoning for an LE - If I got a Premium I would want a piece of PDI glass and colored rails/legs - that is nearly $1000 delivered. Once you add in the side blades and the mirrored back glass it isn't that far of a reach, but to each their own.

Yeah that’s one thing you can’t replicate. The LE backglass isn’t offered to the public. Maybe if you broke yours Stern could replace it if you prove you own an LE, but even then I’m not sure. On this particular title the backglass and blade artwork are almost the same, so if yellow isn’t your color, or you want to save some bucks and don’t care about the limited number, then you can come close to an LE look by doing it yourself.

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Maybe if you broke yours Stern could replace it if you prove you own an LE, but even then I’m not sure.

I heard they won’t even replace that unless you mail back a bag of the broken glass. Haha

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I heard they won’t even replace that unless you mail back a bag of the broken glass. Haha

Wow, talk about making damn sure, haha

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Wow, talk about making damn sure, haha

Yeah. I buddy of mine bought a can crusher that the previous owner broke the backglass. Stern wouldn’t even sell my buddy a new glass unless he sent back the broken original. Too bad the previous owner threw it out so now he just has a bootleg printed on poster board backglass. Haha

#1258 3 years ago

Ive heard damaged LE art blades need a peel and mail back if you want a shot of replacement.
That sounds like a swell way to spend an evening.

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I actually broke my JP LE backglass. Submitted photos and they sent a new one out. $350

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I actually broke my JP LE backglass. Submitted photos and they sent a new one out. $350

So was it a legit backglass or just a translite glued to glass? Always wondered.

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So was it a legit backglass or just a translite glued to glass? Always wondered.

No it was legit, mirrored and direct print. They didn’t send the plastics with it, thought that was odd, since I told them those were needed

#1262 3 years ago

Cool. Thanks for confirming.

#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Since there is a lot of you dont need an LE(and you dont) I did some quick math its really not bad a value they are what $1300 more than a premium? You are getting over $1000 in extras, plus the "limited factor" yes you could do the powder for less assuming you have a good powder coater nearby but if you need to ship it out this is even a low estimate. Not to mention it takes time, plus tax and shipping for all this
Powder $400
HD Glass $250
Backglass $200?(over translite)
Art Blades $100
Shaker $100
Speakers $100

must be having a pinsider do your powdercoat!

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Seems they only differ in color this time around but that’s ok .

The biggest difference in the art blades is the left inner art blade. Up near the Avengers tower ball lock the LE has Ant-Man in Giant-Man form.

Standard art blades has the LE art stretched out I think with Ant-Man missing in that top back left corner of the art blade.

Only other difference I’ve spotted is maybe the back right art blade with the black order might be slightly different.

Oh and both blades have each part broken up with a yellow line/frame, where as the Prem art blades just run in merged style character to character.

#1265 3 years ago

Talked yesterday to a friend about Avengers as I’m new to the franchise but know Hulk. His favourite hero is antman whom I didn’t know til yesterday. I not only know him since yesterday but am also very interested if he’s in the code as he’s in the le blades you say.

#1266 3 years ago

LE Art Blades
5BD65F2A-4665-4DF3-B016-6007C503C724 (resized).jpeg5BD65F2A-4665-4DF3-B016-6007C503C724 (resized).jpegE1613F08-C7B1-4D31-844A-098D9A425070 (resized).jpegE1613F08-C7B1-4D31-844A-098D9A425070 (resized).jpeg3F94BB81-5B12-4559-BA24-3F53738B7915 (resized).jpeg3F94BB81-5B12-4559-BA24-3F53738B7915 (resized).jpeg

Premium/Pro Art Blades

24897872-A8D7-44E9-B6E1-24972A1BC3A9 (resized).jpeg24897872-A8D7-44E9-B6E1-24972A1BC3A9 (resized).jpegE4A9EA7C-6619-4B39-AC0F-322902D7BAF9 (resized).jpegE4A9EA7C-6619-4B39-AC0F-322902D7BAF9 (resized).jpegD621DA3B-0FBA-4305-A91F-F9CF19B2FC40 (resized).pngD621DA3B-0FBA-4305-A91F-F9CF19B2FC40 (resized).png
#1267 3 years ago

Nice man, thanks for putting that together. I would now say that some parts are similar but they are different enough, especially the hero side.

#1268 3 years ago

This was similar to the art blades on iron maiden.

They looked alike but we're missing eddie's and explosions I believe.

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LE Art Blades
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Premium/Pro Art Blades[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Stealing these to post in the owners thread

#1270 3 years ago

Has anyone seen the gameplay animation? Any videos out there?

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from Madkao:

Has anyone seen the gameplay animation? Any videos out there?

Go to Sterns Instagram account they have been posting lcd animation clips, there’s about 8 you can view and they all look great!

#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Go to Sterns Instagram account they have been posting lcd animation clips, there’s about 8 you can view and they all look great!

hey thanks!

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from peely:

Lets hope its better than CV
Lasted a couple of weeks at my place, great to look at, shit to play

I finished it the first week we had it. Never wanted to play it again.

#1274 3 years ago

Here's the "animations" all put together for those that (wisely) don't want to set foot in the evil empire of Facebook to see what they look like...
Avengers-animations-together_320x240.gifAvengers-animations-together_320x240.gif

And the space gem intro...
space-gem-quest.gifspace-gem-quest.gif

#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's the "animations" all put together for those that don't want to set foot in the evil empire of Facebook to see what they look like...[quoted image]

I'm so excited

#1276 3 years ago

I’m not a fan of the animations. Cheap stuff.
Wonder if the call outs are any good.

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Something tells me they won't be...

#1279 3 years ago

I’m not a fan of the animations. Cheap stuff.

Yeah, very cheap, but I guess it works as a kind of "popped off the page" comic book aesthetic. Actually, they should have actual comic pages in the background that these pop out of on the screen to cover the cheapness.

Two words: Shitty Beast.

(I don't remember which pinsider coined that moniker, but truer words were never spoken)

#1280 3 years ago

I may get a premium it’s the most tempting game (for me). Luckily I can wait to play it first on location.

I probably would have got an LE even without playing but I don’t love the yellow and feel like I can enjoy a premium just as well.

I’m getting R&M in the next 6 weeks so I don’t care about waiting and get to play Avengers and see how GnR looks maybe even see Led Zep but Avengers looks great.

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Something tells me they won't be...

In the Stern Insider podcast for the game it was stated by a Stern employee that they have no input on who voics the characters. He said Marvel Comics 100% controls that aspect for the IP. I think that is a good sign!

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, very cheap, but I guess it works as a kind of "popped off the page" comic book aesthetic. Actually, they should have actual comic pages in the background that these pop out of on the screen to cover the cheapness.

(I don't remember which pinsider coined that moniker, but truer words were never spoken)

Looks better than Deadpool so far IMO. But still looking very retro video gamey.

Im not a huge fan of these still/fake moving images - everything begins to look the same, but it seems the way Stern is going since LCD.

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Looks better than Deadpool so far IMO. But still looking very retro video gamey.
Im not a huge fan of these still/fake moving images - everything begins to look the same, but it seems the way Stern is going since LCD.

I much prefer this to the 3d effort on TMNT.

I respect the animator and the efforts made, but the 3d animations did not match the zy artwork at all and it really throws the game off.

These carton style 2d animations fit well with the art and I like them a lot.

Curious to see proper in game screens before I make any final judgement though.

#1284 3 years ago

Man, that building thing on the top left corner would have been awesome as a phone booth for Bill & Ted.

And the circle that pops out of the playfield feeding to the subway would have been an epic TMNT sewer lid.

Just thinking out loud.

Layout looks really cool.

Theme is "safe" I suppose.

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Stealing these to post in the owners thread

Smh

#1286 3 years ago

The more video snippets of the screen Stern releases, the more I like them. They seem to have achieved the look of the 60s and 70s Marvel cartoons from Saturday mornings with more detail. For you young whippersnappers who weren't around back then plenty of them can be found on youtube for comparison.

#1287 3 years ago

Reminds me of motion comics from some years back. I like the animations.

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Reminds me of motion comics from some years back. I like the animations.

Agreed. In this title, I think the animation style fits the theme/ era great (from what I've seen anyway)....

#1289 3 years ago

I can’t make up my mind till the Deep root cast off Utah animation Studio weighs in and orders stern to hire them.

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Checkout super hero island at islands of adventure.

The style unfortunately did not convey quality...

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

must be having a pinsider do your powdercoat!

Haha did you read my post ? I stated it can be done cheaper .. when I lived in Florida could get it done for ~$200 but then you may need to buy lolipop rails .. also having a hard time finding someone around here so if you need to ship the parts now it’s even more ! But yeah could be $200

#1292 3 years ago

Was I the only one that was completely caught off guard w this release? So much about TMNT, R&M, GNR...never even knew this was being speculated as the next cornerstone. ( Guess I've been absorbed in Alienland too long)...

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Was I the only one that was completely caught off guard w this release? So much about TMNT, R&M, GNR...never even knew this was being speculated as the next cornerstone. ( Guess I've been absorbed in Alienland too long)...

It was a big surprise to everyone until really late in the game.

#1294 3 years ago

They’re going with the motion comic style. I think it fits very well with pinball. It conveys a simple concept in a short time. Not much more than a still frame. The art is great. Very Marvel. The call outs will be about the same. If that’s not what you like. Save your dollars. I’m down digging it and looking forward to having one.

#1295 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It was a big surprise to everyone until really late in the game.

A very well kept secret, I'd say... pleasant surprise!! ( except on my checkbook)

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

They’re going with the motion comic style. I think it fits very well with pinball. It conveys a simple concept in a short time. Not much more than a still frame. The art is great. Very Marvel. The call outs will be about the same. If that’s not what you like. Save your dollars. I’m down digging it and looking forward to having one.

So putting this next to my XMen Magneto...my superhero row is getting confusing...think BM66 and Spidey are different, yet IM fits right in.... decisions, decisions..

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you tell me if this is the same person that did JP with Elwin?

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yes, it’s Chuck. the same person who worked on JP. He is the animation head honcho @ Stern.
Per the Stern Insider podcast: Keith instructed Chuck to keep it simple on AIQ...

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

No idea, sorry.

#1300 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

ZombieYeti created the artwork “cells”.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Geismar, LA
$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
8,924 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/26?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.