Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 55.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Topper prices have gotten out of control, for not much in return. Now $600 to $1,000 for $35 worth of plastic and LEDs! Munsters topper was loaded with features and priced at $425, seems quite reasonable now and that was only some months ago. It has loads of integrated gameplay, with a Raven coo-coo clock announcing each hour of the day, as well. Come on Stern stop taking advantage of us with so much less than what you gave us on Munsters and Black Knight SOR. Both those toppers were arguably worth the asking price.

Haven't bought NIB since MunstersLE (which I still actually like, alot). One of my favorite toppers, after it got sorted. How much is this one going to be? Saw some grumblings about JP2 toppers, but never bought the game, so clueless if they've doubled in price or something.. (hope not, cause I'm getting one... )

Really like the inside art blades on the LE as well. Just looks like a fun game!!

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I lost all interest in JJP after Hobbit !

Amen. I was down until that point... then bought Hobbit NIB, man was a turd...haven't considered buying a JJP pin since. Played the next 3 on location and just felt underwhelmed, especially for what you pay for them. Sure would be nice to get Stern themes along with JJP build quality though

#1203 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

What bksor did you play? The animations on the one I played was fantastic... crisp, inventive. Very well executed. Turtles is a little more on the average side.

Yeah, there nice and crisp, but I just don't like the animation frames where the characters are just standing there, it looks an RGP console video that has been paused....you know like when they move just slightly so it doesn't look completely static. The Hydra scene where the hydra's are on a loop to loop, and the middle one just keeps roaring. Comparing that to ACNC or JP is no contest.

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I can't think of a worse theme for pinball than Led fucking Zeppelin.

i can't think of a more stupid thing to say!

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Amen. I was down until that point... then bought Hobbit NIB, man was a turd...haven't considered buying a JJP pin since. Played the next 3 on location and just felt underwhelmed, especially for what you pay for them. Sure would be nice to get Stern themes along with JJP build quality though

Did you play hobbit since last code update? Or POTC? If you don’t like either than I don’t know what you’re looking for in pinball.

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah, there nice and crisp, but I just don't like the animation frames where the characters are just standing there, it looks an RGP console video that has been paused....you know like when they move just slightly so it doesn't look completely static. The Hydra scene where the hydra's are on a loop to loop, and the middle one just keeps roaring. Comparing that to ACNC or JP is no contest.

yes, OK you're right, but its way much enough for a pinball machine (well to me)

#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I lost all interest in JJP after Hobbit !

i'm with you about Hobbit...

but than you've missed DI, which is one of the best game ever done

#1208 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hey Pinbud!!! PDI still the best, but Stern's version is very close, w Invisiglass being 3rd, imho. I was pleasently surprised on how good the Stern glass was.

I agree -PDI and others isn’t better enough tot warrant replacing it.

#1209 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Haven't bought NIB since MunstersLE (which I still actually like, alot). One of my favorite toppers, after it got sorted. How much is this one going to be? Saw some grumblings about JP2 toppers, but never bought the game, so clueless if they've doubled in price or something.. (hope not, cause I'm getting one... )
Really like the inside art blades on the LE as well. Just looks like a fun game!!

I’m in the Munster club as you know too and think the game is way underrated. Munsters topper is fabulous and I’m not a topper guy. It worked flawlessly out of the box day one for me and really added to the game play.

I’ve heard AIQ topper is going to be a whopping $600! Almost $200 more than we paid for Munsters and does half as much.

LE art-blades really make the complete look of AIQ imo, as ZY designed them with the PF in mind. Worth the price of admission and excited for AIQ. Surprised that I am, as I’m not the biggest fan of the movies, but the comics are better imo, so I’m in for an LE too.

#1210 3 years ago

Since there is a lot of you dont need an LE(and you dont) I did some quick math its really not bad a value they are what $1300 more than a premium? You are getting over $1000 in extras, plus the "limited factor" yes you could do the powder for less assuming you have a good powder coater nearby but if you need to ship it out this is even a low estimate. Not to mention it takes time, plus tax and shipping for all this

Powder $400
HD Glass $250
Backglass $200?(over translite)
Art Blades $100
Shaker $100
Speakers $100

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Since there is a lot of you dont need an LE(and you dont) I did some quick math its really not bad a value they are what $1300 more than a premium? You are getting over $1000 in extras, plus the "limited factor" yes you could do the powder for less assuming you have a good powder coater nearby but if you need to ship it out this is even a low estimate. Not to mention it takes time, plus tax and shipping for all this
Powder $400
HD Glass $250
Art Blades $100
Shaker $100
Speakers $100

I do wish toppers were included with the LE like other manufacturers do, at least something.

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I do wish toppers were included with the LE like other manufacturers do, at least something.

Some bean counter has decided they can gouge people for it. If manufacturer cost it $3000 for an LE and markup is 3000%, think of the markup on a topper.

Flat plastic, art & LED, a cable, a couple screws. Mode programming isn't really extra. It's part of the programmer's daily scope of work. What's in it? $30? Then charge $1000. I mean holy hell what a deal.

#1213 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Speakers $100

I don´t think you get away with 100$ for the LE speaker upgrade.

#1214 3 years ago

And a Stern shaker is 150.

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Powder $400
HD Glass $250
Art Blades $100
Shaker $100
Speakers $100

Agree 100%. If you are going to add these things to a Premium go ahead and buy the LE. You have a much better resale that way as an LE will always sell for more than a Premium, and if you add these things to a Premium you will more than likely not get your money back out of these add-ons when you do sell it.

This time though....that yellow armor alone is making me choose a Premium!!!

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm with you about Hobbit...
but than you've missed DI, which is one of the best game ever done

No I can’t stand DI this was there down fall!

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I don´t think you get away with 100$ for the LE speaker upgrade.

The LE speakers are like 40-50 bucks.

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The LE speakers are like 40-50 bucks.

Yeah I guess I was comparing it to a lower end flipper fidelity . But looks like the shaker makes up for it

I do think they should come with the topper and shooter then it would be a great LE! But it doesn’t

#1219 3 years ago

I am on the fence on the yellow armor need to see it in Person, I do like the slight difference in cabinet colors.

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I am on the fence on the yellow armor need to see it in Person, I do like the slight difference in cabinet colors.

I am sure the LE will look stunning in person. Is it "worth" it? No, but if you are happy with it then its worth it to you. So far, Elwin LE models haven't fallen off the resale cliff like others also.

#1221 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No, but if you are happy with it then its worth it to you.

Some might say that's a contradictory statement sir and I'm one of them

Worth is relative to the individual. I see no value in so many things others deem worth it. That applies to lots of things outside the material world as well, like marriage. LE's for me are for dream themes and even then. Personally I don't like armor or toppers or shakers so it would have to be real great to move from Pro, and Pres to an LE.

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

And a Stern shaker is 150.

The Stern shaker is $99 at PBL.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Edit: I also own sheets of Invisiglass that I move to my new pin when I sell or trade. When I buy Invisiglass for $200 I get to keep it. When you sell an LE they are going to want the HD glass.

LEs look great and buy them if you want but the gameplay isn’t different than a Premium.

#1223 3 years ago

I used to be a Topper shaker guy for every game... bottom line is you don’t need em, not for the coin. Shaker motors are cheap enough but really I just don’t see the need to feel my game rattle around. As for my premium it will be getting mirrors and maybe 1 or 2 lighting add ons that’s it. Most of the mod crap really is just pissing money away that could go to the next game. Or a nice sheet of pdi.

#1224 3 years ago

If anyone is backing out of an LE please contact me I will buy yours, Thanks!

#1225 3 years ago

Making this, also testing with Iron Man Gauntlet.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1226 3 years ago

How many of these can pinside have?

1D255884-F5F8-4498-8957-0EEDFC3DC65E (resized).jpeg1D255884-F5F8-4498-8957-0EEDFC3DC65E (resized).jpeg
#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

[quoted image]

Don't worry, more will rise- at least 2 " mod development" threads, 1 hate thread, and some sort of poll...

#1228 3 years ago

[quoted image]

So much for waiting for club threads for games to ship...

#1229 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Jurassic Park has two club threads with one for the LE. So I would guess at least a couple more.

#1230 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Powder $400
HD Glass $250
Art Blades $100
Shaker $100
Speakers $100

Your math is close, and the mirrored backglass probably can't be bought separate unless you own an LE.

Means alot to some people, nothing to others.. I don't have yellow armour on any of my other games, and like the LE package...just me though...

#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Jurassic Park has two club threads with one for the LE. So I would guess at least a couple more.

Forgot this angle...I now predict 5 more threads, minimum..

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Your math is close, and the mirrored backglass probably can't be bought separate unless you own an LE.

I believe the side art is exclusive to the LE. The one you can buy is different.

#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe the side art is exclusive to the LE. The one you can buy is different.

Think you are right...forgot about that...

#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Did you play hobbit since last code update? Or POTC? If you don’t like either than I don’t know what you’re looking for in pinball.

Since you asked, something with satisfying/gratifying shots. There isn't a single shot on the entire playfield on Hobbit that I found a challenge or enjoyable. yes I realize pinball like art is very subjective, happy that you love it, but I felt the game was doomed by how bare the playfield is, no fun ramps, no satisfying shots IMO. Wouldn't say that about the next 3 JJPs, but just didn't fall in love after playing a few games on location (although I realize a lot of games you need more than 3-5 games to really know and get it)

#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

The Stern shaker is $99 at PBL.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
Edit: I also own sheets of Invisiglass that I move to my new pin when I sell or trade. When I buy Invisiglass for $200 I get to keep it. When you sell an LE they are going to want the HD glass.
LEs look great and buy them if you want but the gameplay isn’t different than a Premium.

The PBL shaker is theirs not a stern but nearly identical and works the same. have OE in my IMDN and PBL in JP

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe they showed the LE blades in the mods for sale video they posted. Either that or they are very similar.

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

The PBL shaker is theirs not a stern but nearly identical and works the same. have OE in my IMDN and PBL in JP

PBL shaker is $80. The stern authorized one is $99.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#1238 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe they showed the LE blades in the mods for sale video they posted. Either that or they are very similar.

they are similar but not identical.

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Yeah maybe it’s not the same with each game too. STH has different ones for the LE and on the store for sure.

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unless something weird happens like it did with IMDN where Pinball Life had a bunch of LE art blades for sale. I suspect Stern shipped them the wrong ones. I have LE blades on my pro.

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Means alot to some people, nothing to others.. I don't have yellow armour on any of my other games, and like the LE package...just me though...

Not just you. I literally said this to a few people. I like the look and I have nothing else yellow.

#1242 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Not just you. I literally said this to a few people. I like the look and I have nothing else yellow.

Great minds...

#1243 3 years ago

I'll treat all "limited pre-orders" to their limited edition, but after a short calculation, the premium is enough for me. After modding the premium up to an LE (exepct backglass) I save about 1000 bucks and get the same gameplay...I'm fine with it.

Maybe someone can so some mockups for the premium trim color.

#1244 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I'll treat all "limited pre-orders" to their limited edition, but after a short calculation, the premium is enough for me. After modding the premium up to an LE (exepct backglass) I save about 1000 bucks and get the same gameplay...I'm fine with it.
Maybe someone can so some mockups for the premium trim color.

How do you calculate $1000 saved?

Unless you aren't doing all the changes, there's no way you'll be able to do it all for only $400

#1245 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

How do you calculate $1000 saved?
Unless you aren't doing all the changes, there's no way you'll be able to do it all for only $400

In Germany the price difference between le and premium is about 1800 $ incl. Tax.

The Upgrades (colored trim incl. coindoor, shaker, invis-glass, custom inside Art blades, and a "small" Soundupgrade is about 750$.

Coated trim $250
HD Glass $192
Art Blades $90
Shaker $142
Speakers $75

+ diy speaker lights and shooterrod for about 50 bucks but it's diy.

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

In Germany the price difference between le and premium is about 1800 $ incl. Tax.
The Upgrades (colored trim incl. coindoor, shaker, invis-glass, custom inside Art blades, and a "small" Soundupgrade is about 750$.
Coated trim $250
HD Glass $192
Art Blades $90
Shaker $142
Speakers $75

Keith Elwins signature $priceless

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Coated trim $250
HD Glass $192
Art Blades $90
Shaker $142
Speakers $75

Now it makes sense. I assume most people on here talk in usd.

$1400 usd for me is almost $1900 cad (depending on the day)

Now I understand

Le was still my method of choice though

#1248 3 years ago

I usually go LE because I'm a sucker for the mirrored back glass and getting the game a month sooner. Also there is something to be said for buying the best version of something even if you can do some of it yourself a little cheaper.

#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes it’s rough estimate .. a Cpr backglass + shipping is over $300. I’m a fan of glass

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I have a yellow Simpson’s it sold in 5 mins !! Only room for one yellow game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/25?hl=melhadmj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.