Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 56.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

This will be my first NIB Stern as I am locked in on an LE but question on resale value. Not that I am looking to sell a pin I don’t even have yet but typically which of the two models, premium vs LE tend to drop more in used market? Seem to be both about the same like $1200-$1400 off retail but I looked at only a few titles. Realize this could vary by title but curious in what people’s experience had been.
As I said I am in on an LE but it was a tough call for me between LE and Premium. Not a huge fan of the yellow but can see myself adding most of the upgrades to the Premium (shaker, speaker, side art)

If you change your mind.......lol

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Often depends on the title, Keith’s games have held their value well but that’s because his previous 2 games are brilliant!
Munsters is really the only title in recent memory that’s bombed in value, over here in the U.K. you cannot sell a Munsters unless it’s priced insanely cheap.

I wonder if that is country specific? I think Munsters Le are currently selling for more than BKSOR here in the USA. I think the Beatles titles have been especially hit hard.

It also didn’t help that after the launch stern increased it to 600.

#1153 3 years ago

The animations so far remind me of the 1960's marvel cartoons. They take a still image and just move the camera around.

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

According to the Stern Insider podcast it sounds like there will be a topper exclusive mode ala JP for this game as well. Lots of good info in the podcast pertaining to the rules as well. From the sounds of it, this is going to be really fun game!

Listening now thanks for the heads up!

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

On Keith's games it seems like the LEs hold value well but I'd buy whichever version you like the best. Personally I'd go Premium because I don't like the yellow and don't find much value in the HD glass, but LE would be nice because you can get it sooner and likely won't lose much on it if you did have to sell.

HD glass is awesome. I got it on every game I have. And will have it on every future one. Such a difference.
But yes you don't have to go LE just for that. I can buy them locally for 150.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It’s not in the Pro, because Stern didn’t want me to buy this game. I realize the actual intent of Stern was to get me to upgrade to the Premium. But I’m a Pro guy. When I saw the ramps, I was enthralled. But then I saw the Pro and was disappointed. I’ll obviously save final judgement until I play it, but that changed instant buy to wait and see.

I think the short shot there on the right, and the extra spinner + orbit on the Pro makes up for the Capt Marvel shot....especially if that shot doesn't work when normal people shoot it. I'm super interested in seeing this thing played a bit, to see if a little rattle kills the shot and makes the game feel klunky.

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

HD glass is awesome. I got it on every game I have. And will have it on every future one. Such a difference.
But yes you don't have to go LE just for that. I can buy them locally for 150.

How does Sterns HD glass compare to say InvisiGlass or PDI?

I have only had PDI in the past, this will be my first experience with Sterns HD glass, was already thinking about getting a sheet of PDI to swap it out, so curious what your take or anyone else’s is.

#1158 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Now there is no more space in my gameroom .

Sure there is. Take everything but the pinball machines out.
Terry.

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Those animations and music look and sound pretty good (as does the Black Panther one from a few days ago)! I was a little concerned after some of the dodgy animations on TMNT. Can't wait for the Wednesday reveal.

I agree, sometimes less is more, it's definitely minimalistic. But it's helluva lot better than BKSOR and TMNT. I'm not a fan of the Final Fantasy look. Btw, is it the same guy who did JP?

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

This will be my first NIB Stern as I am locked in on an LE but question on resale value. Not that I am looking to sell a pin I don’t even have yet but typically which of the two models, premium vs LE tend to drop more in used market? Seem to be both about the same like $1200-$1400 off retail but I looked at only a few titles. Realize this could vary by title but curious in what people’s experience had been.
As I said I am in on an LE but it was a tough call for me between LE and Premium. Not a huge fan of the yellow but can see myself adding most of the upgrades to the Premium (shaker, speaker, side art)

It will really depend on the popularity and future demand for the game but unless the LE is truly limited (like Batman 66) will typically drop more than a Premium. If the game ends up being perceived poorly (e.g. Munsters), the LE usually drops significantly more.

Buy the model you like best. But if you are worried about resale value maybe you should wait and buy used because, with a few exceptions, buying NIB pretty much guarantees you will lose money if you resell in the short term.

#1161 3 years ago

Dammit, I promised myself I wouldn't do this again, but I'm in on an LE!

I resisted when TMNT came out, and then Keith pulls this shit!

Have a feeling this is going to be one incredible game! Hopefully Stern gets this one out without too many QC issues.

Funny how I had my money sitting for JJPs next big thing, and now because of the radio silence, its more money in Stern's pocket. They need to really fix up their communication with customers.

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Same....

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Have a feeling this is going to be one incredible game! Hopefully Stern gets this one out without too many QC issues.
Funny how I had my money sitting for JJPs next big thing, and now because of the radio silence, its more money in Stern's pocket. They need to really fix up their communication with customers.

This seems to be a recurring theme here on Pinside. JJP needs better communication, faster turnaround, and because of that my money's going to Stern. I wonder if JJP is actually reading any of this. I can see their efforts to keep people engaged with their Easter egg-type Facebook posts, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I really would like to know if they're keeping up on this Pinside banter and if they're at all worried about whether or not they're losing business.

#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have only had PDI in the past, this will be my first experience with Sterns HD glass, was already thinking about getting a sheet of PDI to swap it out, so curious what your take or anyone else’s is.

I have both....and can't really tell a difference between the two. Maybe someone with super-discerning eyes could tell the difference, if any, but vast majority probably won't be able to tell. I would just get whatever you can find on sale.

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought ZY confirmed that due to a tight deadline they were not able to make three art packages.

Sooooo....why didn't they either wait a bit for the unveiling or state art pending, or just have two models?

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

This seems to be a recurring theme here on Pinside. JJP needs better communication, faster turnaround, and because of that my money's going to Stern. I wonder if JJP is actually reading any of this. I can see their efforts to keep people engaged with their Easter egg-type Facebook posts, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I really would like to know if they're keeping up on this Pinside banter and if they're at all worried about whether or not they're losing business.

I lost all interest in JJP after Hobbit !

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have Stern HD on all my machines. I haven’t seen PDI on a pin but the $200 price difference has me sold on Stern HD.

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Sooooo....why didn't they either wait a bit for the unveiling or state art pending, or just have two models?

They are on a production schedule with deadlines - cornerstone w/three models. Simple as that.

If you want something else - good news.
Stern has shown they can change up anything after a release- LE count, color premiums (Munsters), Catwoman or comic book editions (SW), even vaults with new art etc ....on and on...

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have stern HD on my tmnt LE and invisiglass on my other two pins.(havent tried pdi or voodoo). I think the Stern HD is actually a bit better than the invisiglass but this is tiny differences. they are both great. And invisiglass is often on sale for 2/400.

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Totally agree, JJP just needs to show the damn thing, people would be perfectly find with just seeing it and knowing it doesn’t ship out for another two months. I so wanted to wait for the rumored GnR but I saw AIQ and just had to pull the trigger on a LE. Plus it’s Keith Elwin, his last two titles have been phenomenal and he’s still improving upon his skills as a designer, it’s a win win situation.

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Totally agree, JJP just needs to show the damn thing, people would be perfectly find with just seeing it and knowing it doesn’t ship out for another two months. I so wanted to wait for the rumored GnR but I saw AIQ and just had to pull the trigger on a LE. Plus it’s Keith Elwin, his last two titles have been phenomenal and he’s still improving upon his skills as a designer, it’s a win win situation.

I hear ya. I've been close to pulling my own trigger on an AIQ LE, but I just can't do it because its not a theme I'm excited about. I tend to hold onto my games for a very long time and though game play may be awesome for the first six months or maybe more, I find it is the theme that keeps me interested in the long haul. If Elwin does something I'm jazzed about, like JAWS or Godzilla, I'll be all in for an LE.

#1172 3 years ago

Perusing threads on Pinside, I believe that there are more people "IN" on the LE, than there will be LE's made.
Great to see the appeal is popular. I recently sold 2 JJP's this year - Hobbit and Pirates - and didn't think I'd see anything interesting until
I saw this Elwin game. I'm paid on the Premium with Zach.

#1173 3 years ago

You had a good 3 months

TiT (resized).pngTiT (resized).png
#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Perusing threads on Pinside, I believe that there are more people "IN" on the LE, than there will be LE's made.
Great to see the appeal is popular. I recently sold 2 JJP's this year - Hobbit and Pirates - and didn't think I'd see anything interesting until
I saw this Elwin game. I'm paid on the Premium with Zach.

LE's are all sold. Pinside, whats the next Stern ....

#1175 3 years ago

AVENGERS: INFINITY QUEST DEEP DIVE! In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules, and Much More!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 3.09.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-05 at 3.09.05 PM (resized).png
#1176 3 years ago

This sounds incredibly awesome!

Battle for the Soul Gem Mini Wizard Mode

Qualified after one round of collection Avengers, this unique wizard tracks how many times you use your flippers, and you have to complete the mode under a certain number of flips to beat the mode.

You have seven or eight shots you have to hit but you have to do it with less than 40 flips. The flips countdown every time you flip. When you hit one of the shots it adds flips. The whole time you are in this mode the ball saver is running, but if you drain you lose a certain number of flips for you don’t want to let the ball drain. If you get through all the shots with flips remaining, then you get the SOUL GEM.

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Because they like to keep you on your toes.

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

According to the Stern Insider podcast it sounds like there will be a topper exclusive mode ala JP for this game as well.

That really sucks.

All we can hope is that it’s some lame mode like JP. I really don’t want to be spending and extra $1200Aud for a topper that’s pretty ordinary.

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This sounds incredibly awesome!
Battle for the Soul Gem Mini Wizard Mode
Qualified after one round of collection Avengers, this unique wizard tracks how many times you use your flippers, and you have to complete the mode under a certain number of flips to beat the mode.
You have seven or eight shots you have to hit but you have to do it with less than 40 flips. The flips countdown every time you flip. When you hit one of the shots it adds flips. The whole time you are in this mode the ball saver is running, but if you drain you lose a certain number of flips for you don’t want to let the ball drain. If you get through all the shots with flips remaining, then you get the SOUL GEM.

No doubt inspired by pinball olympics. Great idea!

Cue the people getting to this mode and thinking it’s a bug for the first year the game is out. Haha

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That really sucks.
All we can hope is that it’s some lame mode like JP. I really don’t want to be spending and extra $1200Aud for a topper that’s pretty ordinary.

I heard the mode is something you’re really going to want.

#1181 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve had them all except Voodoo. They are all very very close but if I had to choose it’s PDI>Invisi>Stern. If Stern comes with your game you’ll be more than happy and no point swapping it out.

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I heard the mode is something you’re really going to want.

Nup. I’ve decided I hate the mode already.

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You have seven or eight shots you have to hit but you have to do it with less than 40 flips.

Isn't that a ruleset of a Mode in Rick and Morty? Blood Dome, perhaps?

#1185 3 years ago

Ok this thor animation. I really like the style they are going with this.

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nup. I’ve decided I hate the mode already.

Sure? I heard it’s amazing.

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from MikeS:
According to the Stern Insider podcast it sounds like there will be a topper exclusive mode ala JP for this game as well.
That really sucks.

Theoretically speaking. I agree with you. Yet others want to buy one at that price, but Stern don't release enough stock! Not for JP, nor most games. Probably a smart business decision to keep prices high.

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Theoretically speaking. I agree with you. Yet others want to buy one at that price, but Stern don't release enough stock! Not for JP, nor most games. Probably a smart business decision to keep prices high.

Prices are one thing, but it’s the fact it’s tied to gameplay that pisses me off. The fact it’s tied to gameplay and it’s limited (though not deliberately) is even worse.

#1189 3 years ago

Some smart people on this forum, can we figure out a way to trick the machine into thinking it has a Stern topper?

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Some smart people on this forum, can we figure out a way to trick the machine into thinking it has a Stern topper?

I'm calling my topper, Avenger Dust

#1191 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm calling my topper, Avenger Dust

Will it have cat footprints in it? I think all mine do.

#1192 3 years ago

Topper prices have gotten out of control, for not much in return. Now $600 to $1,000 for $35 worth of plastic and LEDs! Munsters topper was loaded with features and priced at $425, seems quite reasonable now and that was only some months ago. It has loads of integrated gameplay, with a Raven coo-coo clock announcing each hour of the day, as well. Come on Stern stop taking advantage of us with so much less than what you gave us on Munsters and Black Knight SOR. Both those toppers were arguably worth the asking price.

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Topper prices have gotten out of control, for not much in return. Now $600 to $1,000 for $35 worth of plastic and LEDs! Munsters topper was loaded with features and priced at $425, seems quite reasonable now and that was only some months ago. It has loads of integrated gameplay, with a Raven coo-coo clock announcing each hour of the day, as well. Come on Stern stop taking advantage of us with so much less than what you gave us on Munsters and Black Knight SOR. Both those toppers were arguably worth the asking price.

Munster topper was a POS....first round was a disaster...appears they finally made them OK.....

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sure? I heard it’s amazing.

Careful what you wish for chuckwurt . Wait till they release the $1999 Stranger Things topper that unlocks a Mega Demigorgan Vs Eleven Psychokinetic Multiball.

Or even worse they sell you a topper that unlocks a special UV light mode......

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I agree, sometimes less is more, it's definitely minimalistic. But it's helluva lot better than BKSOR and TMNT. I'm not a fan of the Final Fantasy look. Btw, is it the same guy who did JP?

What bksor did you play? The animations on the one I played was fantastic... crisp, inventive. Very well executed. Turtles is a little more on the average side.

#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

What bksor did you play? The animations on the one I played was fantastic... crisp, inventive. Very well executed. Turtles is a little more on the average side.

I kinda scratched my head there too. BKSOR set a high bar for Stern, prior to JP2, for quality original animations.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Careful what you wish for chuckwurt . Wait till they release the $1999 Stranger Things topper that unlocks a Mega Demigorgan Vs Eleven Psychokinetic Multiball.
Or even worse they sell you a topper that unlocks a special UV light mode......

Ooooo. Worth it.

#1198 3 years ago

I’m not sure why turtles get so much flak animation wise I enjoy it .. kinda like a stop motion cell shading look .. but to each their own . These animations look cool too, I am not a huge fan of movie clips although they were good in Star Wars .

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My favorite thing about toppers is you don't have to buy them.

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hey Pinbud!!! PDI still the best, but Stern's version is very close, w Invisiglass being 3rd, imho. I was pleasently surprised on how good the Stern glass was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,199 (OBO)
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Scranton, PA
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 15.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/24?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.