Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 56.
#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

I have it on high authority that the music for AIQ was composed by this performer...
[quoted image]

Does "Van Der" translate to "In The"?

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Does "Van Der" translate to "In The"?

Its dutch. "Van der" means "of the"

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

As much as I would love this unfortunately i dont believe Marvel can use the Surfer as they sold off the right to 20th century fox.

You mean the 20th century studios that disney now owns... as well as marvel?

And that was just movie rights...

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

but the Stern mech has "dual direction velocity detection"! Here I thought they couldn't top "Super Action Spinner".

I would wish that this means when you hit the spinner just right, maximum velocity and spin speed, a different sound effect, maybe even visual is rewarded.

Just like we like the sound a ripped spinner makes, this could make it "more better"

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

As much as I would love this unfortunately i dont believe Marvel can use the Surfer as they sold off the right to 20th century fox. Would be nice to see them make a spidey like deal to get him back in the MCU.

Disney/Marvel already own all those movie rights again, this is comic book based so with or without the Disney/Fox merger they could have offer up everyone to Stern.

Stern must have chose to just licence The Avengers, I’m sure Marvel would have offered them up Spidey, Fantastic Four and anyone else they wanted for a few more big bags of cash!

#1056 3 years ago

Man I sure wish I would have been faster to pull the trigger on a LE.....

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

but the Stern mech has "dual direction velocity detection"! Here I thought they couldn't top "Super Action Spinner".

Panzer has found his new “stern doesn’t code premium mechs” campaign. Haha

#1058 3 years ago

Releasing today, wonder if any coincidence with the Stern release?

81DugevkxJL._SX342_ (resized).jpg81DugevkxJL._SX342_ (resized).jpg
#1059 3 years ago

Is there a shot behind Captain Marvel from the upper flipper?

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Releasing today, wonder if any coincidence with the Stern release?
[quoted image]

Marvel is pushing a few major Avengers product releases these coming weeks, likely Marvels timeline/schedule rather than Sterns, might be why ZY was so pushed for time on this one.

#1061 3 years ago

Yeah Stern is getting some good co-marketing with this one. Launch info on Marvel's website, JD streaming the Pro gameplay reveal on Marvel's twitch channel. Whether or not you like the new Avengers game, or whether or not you like Stern it is also great exposure for pinball in general.

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Marvel is pushing a few major Avengers product releases these coming weeks, likely Marvels timeline/schedule rather than Sterns, might be why ZY was so pushed for time on this one.

Fortnite has also based there newest updates on Marvel heavily. Marvel killing it recently!

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Is there a shot behind Captain Marvel from the upper flipper?

Yeah, it looks like there are two shots....one to the new design wide ramp accessible from all 3 flippers, and then a shot that goes to the right orbit that turns into a ramp (not sure how that should be called), which is similar in design to the right ramp on Dialed IN though the wireform starts all the way in the upper left corner of the PF. That ramp is accessible via the right orbit, upper left flipper, and the plunger.

#1064 3 years ago

I think the windowed subway is a cool gimmick. Has this been used ever before?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

Metallica

#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

Captain Nemo

#1067 3 years ago

Im kind of wondering how useful the upper flipper will be if that right ramp is shootable from both of the bottom flippers as well. That just leaves the side loop shot as upper flipper exclusive.

I don't expect it to be like Hobbit's upper flipper or anything. But I guess it will likely just come down to how the code/rules implement it. Like if looping that Upper Flipper to right ramp is important to some rules feature.

I look forward to some full gameplay video to answer these vitally important questions.

#1068 3 years ago

Also the spinner, also the sanctum target shot that is right there as well

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Also the spinner, also the sanctum target shot that is right there as well

But the lower flippers can hit those two as well, no?

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

But the lower flippers can hit those two as well, no?

I'm also guessing some sort of combo scoring repeating the Gauntlet ramp from the upper flipper since it feeds right back but who knows

#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm also guessing some sort of combo scoring repeating the Gauntlet ramp from the upper flipper since it feeds right back but who knows

Yeah. I have full confidence in the code. Im as confident in the code as I am when I hear ZY is the artist on a game.

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Im kind of wondering how useful the upper flipper will be if that right ramp is shootable from both of the bottom flippers as well. That just leaves the side loop shot as upper flipper exclusive.
I don't expect it to be like Hobbit's upper flipper or anything. But I guess it will likely just come down to how the code/rules implement it. Like if looping that Upper Flipper to right ramp is important to some rules feature.
I look forward to some full gameplay video to answer these vitally important questions.

Didn’t Keith say he was going to make his next game more accessible than his last couple of games? I’m guessing this is the answer to that.

#1073 3 years ago

Did someone around here say they were looking for an LE?

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/avengers-infinityquest-le-pinballmachineraffle

I don't know if a better chance than finding a distributor, but a good cause and definitely at a lower price.

#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t Keith say he was going to make his next game more accessible than his last couple of games? I’m guessing this is the answer to that.

It doesn't appear like there is much in the way of 'dangerous' shots compared to IMDN and JP2

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

It doesn't appear like there is much in the way of 'dangerous' shots compared to IMDN and JP2

Which is great as that kinda suits the theme more, I know I brought this game of Keith’s because of the theme being a total win in our house but also because it looks like my kids could play this one and enjoy it unlike JP3 and Maiden.

#1076 3 years ago

Just snagged an LE this morning from the Boys at Gameroom Goodies - Had a line on one from gameroom guys but wasn't able to seal the deal due to them being closed today

2020-07-13_12-56-22 (resized).jpg2020-07-13_12-56-22 (resized).jpg
#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I feel the same way. Too many shots clustered into the same area. Far worse though on TMNT.
I wish Elwin was given room to expand his playfield, and improve shot distance for some of those combos.

Will Stern let him do a wide body? It would be incredible I’m sure.

#1078 3 years ago

In on a le

Can't wait to wrap my hands around that Thanos banana!!

#1079 3 years ago

Man this is going to look good next to my Deadpool!

#1080 3 years ago

My distro told me Shipping within 12 days now for the LE. So id assume LE's are shipping first this time around!

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

Cyclone?

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Man this is going to look good next to my Deadpool!

I told my wife we will sell the DP after we get the Avengers to justify the expense

#1083 3 years ago

I love Keith but to say Steve Ritchie doesn't have 'it' anymore is nuts.

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I told my wife we will sell the DP after we get the Avengers to justify the expense

“I said AFTER we get the Avengers!!!”

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Yeah - I'm out of room with 5 machines, one has to go... but DP will be staying!

#1086 3 years ago

If anyone has a line on a LE.....

#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

In on a le
Can't wait to wrap my hands around that Thanos banana!!

MeegisThanos (resized).jpgMeegisThanos (resized).jpg

#1088 3 years ago

What type of street prices are you all finding on Premiums?

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t Keith say he was going to make his next game more accessible than his last couple of games?

that means we will get another Munsters code !?

(just joking) ...

#1090 3 years ago

The le has a built in vibrator.... Errr.... Shaker motor.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

that means we will get another Munsters code !?
(just joking) ...

I don’t think stern will try that one again for a while.

Keith’s code on iron maiden and Jurassic Park is great not quiet sure what all the complaining on the previous pages are about, you can play his games as shallow or as in depth as you like, his rules are multi layered.

I’m just glad to see Avengers looks a little easier to shoot and isn’t as tight looking as Jurassic Park, I’ve brought this for me to play with my kids as they love avengers espieclsly my son and he’s the little pinhead of the family already, he will go mad when he sees this arrive!

#1092 3 years ago

HOOKED any chance your going to be making one of your awesome cast metal mods for this game, like say a new Infinity Gaunlet?

#1093 3 years ago

I just got to watch in detail.

I didn't realize there was a ramp in the back/right orbit.

The features (Pinside) are counting the tower magnet lock as a ramp. I guess it is technically a ramp (incline plane) but it's not a strict definition of a ramp in my book because it doesn't lead to another level. But I do love ramps and this game half the shots it seems lead to ramps.

I just hope the spinning disc is free spinning. I dislike big bulky spinning toys that don't spin freely like the car on BM66. I'd like something that spins not as well as a true spinner but something that has good spinning action, on the video it seems well spinning at least on the pro with 10 spins from one hit.

Not sure if the subway stores the balls like Metallica or just dumps them out?.

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just got to watch in detail.
I didn't realize there was a ramp in the back/right orbit.
The features (Pinside) are counting the tower magnet lock as a ramp. I guess it is technically a ramp (incline plane) but it's not a strict definition of a ramp in my book because it doesn't lead to another level. But I do love ramps and this game half the shots it seems lead to ramps.
I just hope the spinning disc is free spinning. I dislike big bulky spinning toys that don't spin freely like the car on BM66. I'd like something that spins not as well as a true spinner but something that has good spinning action, on the video it seems well spinning at least on the pro with 10 spins from one hit.
Not sure if the subway stores the balls like Metallica or just dumps them out?.

Stores them. Same mech as F2K.

#1095 3 years ago

Both models look very fun and promising, can't wait to see them in action. Already a huge fan of iron maiden, was looking forward to add a jurassic park in the game room but this release is forcing me to think a bit more. To my taste Keith is really incredible and refreshing which makes me want all his games so far. But let's be honest if Stern's quality was a bit more reliable Stern would have sold me the 3 titles already. I'll wait for buyers reviews before making any move. But congrats on the new release.

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stores them. Same mech as F2K.

Its hard to say how "staging" the balls will work in the rules, but the mech does look to be able to handle 3 separate balls. It seems like it will play into the way that any Gem Quest (modes?) will be be able to be a multiball. Maybe X number of revolutions then hit the sanctum target to lift the disc to lock a ball, lock up to 3 balls before starting a Gem Quest? I wouldn't be surprised if the white gem looking shots around the playfield light the Gem Quests.

Looking forward to the gameplay reveal so I can stop speculating based on images and start analyzing based on video!

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What type of street prices are you all finding on Premiums?

I would be curious as well but going to wait and see what issues pop up before I buy. Just call a few distributors and ask.

#1098 3 years ago

I think the bi-directional ramp is very clever.

#1099 3 years ago

The rollercoaster look of the captain marvel ramp is still my favourite thing to see in the pics.

Just wow!

#1100 3 years ago

Had an LE setup for a local customer that passed if anyone looking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/22?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.