Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 55.
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Premium and just about any other color is gonna look better than the LE.

Yeah, all that LE yellow is burning my retinas. That purple on the premium that was posted earlier looked amazing

#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I love an in-depth ruleset because I don’t want to just rinse and repeat each time I play.
I also sometimes like simple rules, but I balance this with some 90s games like WCS and NGG.
This layout begs for in-depth rules because there is so much to shoot for and so many characters. That’s also what makes Avengers so cool is all there different powers pitted against the different powers of the stones. A simple ruleset would be such a waste here.
This will be my first Keith game. Played a few games of JP, really liked it. This looks awesome.

Yeah, I disagree, there can be depth to code, but I thought JP was overly complicated, just to be overly complicated...No guests came over and were like, Oh, I get it...It's confusing, period...You really can't tell me otherwise. It literally took me a couple months and watching Elwin's overview to really get it; but you have the set trap shots and the Missile shot that were so important in the game, and just didn't feel good; I'm sorry, they don't. The helipad and mission control shots were clunky too...That pin should've been a widebody, but I digress.

But that's my personal likes and dislikes, I hated TWD, sold it within a week, others here loved it.

No doubt Elwin has chops as a designer, but he's no Steve Ritchie yet

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yeah, I disagree, there can be depth to code, but I thought JP was overly complicated, just to be overly complicated...No guests came over and were like, Oh, I get it...It's confusing, period...You really can't tell me otherwise. It literally took me a couple months and watching Elwin's overview to really get it; but you have the set trap shots and the Missile shot that were so important in the game, and just didn't feel good; I'm sorry, they don't. The helipad and mission control shots were clunky too...That pin should've been a widebody, but I digress.
But that's my personal likes and dislikes, I hated TWD, sold it within a week, others here loved it.

Re: design, Steve Ritchie is a hack compared to Keith Elwin

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Something for everywhere. I’d stick to Lonnie and Tim sexton and whomever did Deadpool and it will probably be more up your alley.

#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

That pin should've been a widebody, but I digress.

I feel the same way. Too many shots clustered into the same area. Far worse though on TMNT.

I wish Elwin was given room to expand his playfield, and improve shot distance for some of those combos.

#1006 3 years ago

Aussie based LE's are sold out according to amd's website less than 24 hours of being listed.
Pin demand here was super high already.

amd-2020-09-04 11_55_38-AMUSEMENT MACHINE DISTRIBUTORS - PINBALL MACHINES (resized).pngamd-2020-09-04 11_55_38-AMUSEMENT MACHINE DISTRIBUTORS - PINBALL MACHINES (resized).png

#1007 3 years ago

I’m with the other guy as far as Team Elwin throwing down a widebody .I wanna see it ! I’m sure it wouldn’t be a typical tank.5 ramp widebody with room to play with n plenty of speed .

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Ah yes, Tron, the famous outer space movie.
(just a little friendly ballbusting)

Quoted from yancy:

Ah yes, Metallica, the famous outer space band.
(I'll be here all night, tip your server)

OK is this "space-y" enough for you, LOL.

Hard to take a pic that does it justice but this is prismatic powder coat color "Chameleon Sapphire" PPB-5729 which is a purple/blue color changing metallic. Looks fantastic in person. This is on my Sega Lost in Space (1998 film version) that I rethemed into Lost in Space (1965 TV version).

rps20200903_215903 (resized).jpgrps20200903_215903 (resized).jpg
#1009 3 years ago

I think the reason Elwin is such a great designer is that he is new and he is hit rebasing his old deigns . Seems the rest of them are . Will he still be original
20 years from now? Time will tell . But he is nailing it right now for sure

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

The issue is it's missing any sort of shading. Just flat yellow looks AWFUL. Also the washed out pastel gems?
[quoted image]
vs
[quoted image]
Can you really not tell the difference?

It looks like a bad ass oven mitt, though.

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I feel the same way. Too many shots clustered into the same area. Far worse though on TMNT.
I wish Elwin was given room to expand his playfield, and improve shot distance for some of those combos.

TMNT is not cluttered. It's basically two ramps, two orbits with the inner orbit and ramp around the pops. There are no really tight shots like Houdini. It is fast and difficult though, but I don't think in a cheap way. I get more drains from bad play than poor layout.

Funny thing about bricking shots, I can have wide open ramps and still brick. I can have narrower ramps and make them all day. I had no problem with hitting ramps and shots on JP. I don't own it but would not hesitate if this bloody avengers thing hadn't been released.

As a personal preference, I don't like wide bodies at all. I find them slower and less comfortable to play over extended periods.

Everyone of us is going to have their likes and dislikes.

As for complicated, just mix things up. Have some simple pins and more complicated ones. I think longer playing pins are more of a problem sometimes. If you don't like the complicated one then sell it. As an owner, only owning simple pins would get pretty dull.

#1012 3 years ago

I think the yellow looks fanfuckintabulous with the cab art. But none of that matters. Let's see how it shoots before I toss 10k into the wind.

#1013 3 years ago

So does this mean the King is on Zeppelin?

#1014 3 years ago

I agree with wide body. Too slow. Too wide. Too heavy. How much wider is a wide body? 4”? Why hasn’t anyone tried a compromise? Split the difference? 2” wider? Ok ok, good idea i know. If any manufacturer does this please pay me a royalty for my idea. Thx

Edit: note wide body might only be 2” wider? So still split the difference. Add 1”. Take JP. Spread that 1” around and that game would be amazing, the shots would really open up. Just saying.

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m with the other guy as far as Team Elwin throwing down a widebody .I wanna see it ! I’m sure it wouldn’t be a typical tank.5 ramp widebody with room to play with n plenty of speed .

I've wondered why manufacturers seem to be avoiding building wide bodies now. Is there that much additional cost for a cabinet 25" wide vs. 22" wide? I like them. I have STTNG and POTC and think they're fun. I like Twilight Zone a lot too. Seems like a designer should be able to make good use of the extra space in a way that would still have good flow and keep it from being floaty.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Youre right. He hasnt given up and still has original ideas. I wonder what game Steve is rehashing for LZ.

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Take JP. Spread that 1” around and that game would be amazing, the shots would really open up. Just saying.

I agree. I love the game and play it almost every night, but it was pretty tough to dial in the right setup of pitch and flipper power to make all the shots attainable. I'm not a great player so that certainly has a fair bit to do with it, but a few of those shots just don't have very much room for error on them. Adding a fraction of an inch on each one would still keep the game a pretty tough test but probably result in me flipping the machine the bird a bit less frequently.

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Keith is now the king.

#1019 3 years ago

Kill the King. The King is dead. Long live the King.

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The King drives a 1986 Corvette and others should as well.

VETTE4JASON.jpegVETTE4JASON.jpeg
#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I AM THE KING!! (Megadeth rules!)

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Keith is now the king.

You should really stop drinking Drano.

#1023 3 years ago

Who got that yellow gold flake that should be ridin in 1986 style?

#1024 3 years ago

Me: Hey, saw this Avengers stuff on ZY's Instagram I wonder what Pinside is saying?

"Zombie Yeti sucks, Steve Ritchie sucks, Keith Elwin should be making wide bodies!"

Definitely some, um, opinions in this thread.

I think the art looks great. It's bright, because it should be. Really pleased to see the comic book style, what a huge improvement over the crappy first Avengers game. And what a game that was. Remember how people had to mod the button to make the Hulk move his arms because of the ball traps? Good times.

Steve Ritchie is coasting out the end of his career, which he's earned, and will always be a legend. Is he doing his most creative and innovative work now? No, just smooth shooting games that get the job done. But ffs, have a little respect. People just typing without thinking.

If you can't hit the shots on Keith's games you should practice more. Is "Stern won't let Keith do widebodies" the new "Stern won't let Keith have subways"? You guys crack me up.

Looking forward to seeing the stream of this game in action, no idea when I'll get to shoot one, but hopefully some time in 2021 ...

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If by "most here hated it" you mean "a tiny vocal minority whined about it while the rest of us were too busy loving our JP," then yes.

This100%

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Something for everywhere. I’d stick to Lonnie and Tim sexton and whomever did Deadpool and it will probably be more up your alley.

Tim sexton will change your opinion on that statement to “stick with Lonnie” he has a mind for code as well but hasn’t had a shot to really show it beyond black knight thus far...

But as far as someone saying Keith is no Steve Ritchie they are right. I’ll be buying all of Keith’s machines IP couldn’t sway my opinion otherwise. And unless Lyman,Tim, or Ray gets lead code development on Steve’s titles I won’t be bothering to purchase and even then I’ll have to like what he does with the layout. Keith is in his own world. Almost like he’s a Super hero???

#1027 3 years ago

If the LEs are sold out within a day, will Stern produce another 100, 200 to meet the demand? It's been done before. Recently. Distributors, what say you?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

If the LEs are sold out within a day, will Stern produce another 100, 200 to meet the demand? It's been done before. Recently. Distributors, what say you?
[quoted image]

Considering how many people there are in the entire world they should make more and 500 or 600 is not that many even though others will still complain. Never understood but oh well.

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

I have it on high authority that the music for AIQ was composed by this performer...
[quoted image]

Dude! That busted me up!!! Cock Van Der Palm “Goodbye My Love”. LMFAO!!!

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Me: Hey, saw this Avengers stuff on ZY's Instagram I wonder what Pinside is saying?
"Zombie Yeti sucks, Steve Ritchie sucks, Keith Elwin should be making wide bodies!"

Definitely some, um, opinions in this thread.
I think the art looks great. It's bright, because it should be. Really pleased to see the comic book style, what a huge improvement over the crappy first Avengers game. And what a game that was. Remember how people had to mod the button to make the Hulk move his arms because of the ball traps? Good times.
Steve Ritchie is coasting out the end of his career, which he's earned, and will always be a legend. Is he doing his most creative and innovative work now? No, just smooth shooting games that get the job done. But ffs, have a little respect. People just typing without thinking.
If you can't hit the shots on Keith's games you should practice more. Is "Stern won't let Keith do widebodies" the new "Stern won't let Keith have subways"? You guys crack me up.
Looking forward to seeing the stream of this game in action, no idea when I'll get to shoot one, but hopefully some time in 2021 ...

Oh and don't forget how much TMNT sucks now that this has been announced....

The negativity is so fucked right now. If you don't want it just pass. Don't slag everyone you can think of to justify why you're not going to get it.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

More
TMNT is not cluttered. It's basically two ramps, two orbits with the inner orbit and ramp around the pops. There are no really tight shots like Houdini. It is fast and difficult though, but I don't think in a cheap way. I get more drains from bad play than poor layout.

Quoted from gumnut01:

Oh and don't forget how much TMNT sucks now that this has been announced....

Eek. I hope that second part isn't on account of your prior reply to me.

I've only got about 10 games on Turtles. The ramp, van, ramp, etc, area has a ton of dual posts that for me, make that a tough area to direct shots through. I feel like I'm aiming for a shot, then hit a post. Every once in awhile I wouldn't actively aim, and then of course, shot made, haha!

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Eek. I hope that second part isn't on account of your prior reply to me.
I've only got about 10 games on Turtles. The ramp, van, ramp, etc, area has a ton of dual posts that for me, make that a tough area to direct shots through. I feel like I'm aiming for a shot, then hit a post. Every once in awhile I wouldn't actively aim, and then of course, shot made, haha!

Nope. We have people coming into our club telling us how much better this will be. Nice.

I don't care if it's better because I will get this one too. But even if a game is better (I would argue different, the more pins I play the harder it is to rate), it does not make another game worse...

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Nope. We have people coming into our club telling us how much better this will be. Nice.
I don't care if it's better because I will get this one too. But even if a game is better (I would argue different, the more pins I play the harder it is to rate), it does not make another game worse...

I never get that mindset. Kinda sad really, as nothing will ever maintain value for people with that mindset.

#1034 3 years ago

Pretty funny looking at these mechs side by side. The Circus Voltaire from 23 years ago is beyond superior in looks, quality and complexity when you put them side by side. The stern mech looks so cheap.
8C58F56B-721B-447D-ACFE-30F3DAAA823B (resized).png8C58F56B-721B-447D-ACFE-30F3DAAA823B (resized).pngCC251025-6FCA-49FD-B212-61AA4A1AAAA3 (resized).pngCC251025-6FCA-49FD-B212-61AA4A1AAAA3 (resized).png

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Pretty funny looking at these mechs side by side. The Circus Voltaire from 23 years ago is beyond superior in looks, quality and complexity when you put them side by side. The stern mech looks so cheap.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately that’s the way of the world not just Stern. Nothing is built as well as it was 10-20 years ago.

#1036 3 years ago

Lets hope its better than CV
Lasted a couple of weeks at my place, great to look at, shit to play

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from peely:

Lasted a couple of weeks at my place, great to look at, shit to play

What problems have you had with RM? Mine has always been pretty solid.

It’ll be interesting to learn how they count the spins on the Avengers. Maybe inductive with a magnet? A simple switch?

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

What problems have you had with RM? Mine has always been pretty solid.
It’ll be interesting to learn how they count the spins on the Avengers. Maybe inductive with a magnet? A simple switch?

I would guess like the rotor on the JP Premium.

#1039 3 years ago

that post needs a condom. maybe a shooter rod tip rubber or one of the old light bulb color condoms they used bitd.
no attention to detail whatsoever cover the damn screw.

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Always has been.

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Tim sexton will change your opinion on that statement to “stick with Lonnie” he has a mind for code as well but hasn’t had a shot to really show it beyond black knight thus far...

I feel you think my comment was negative. Wasn’t at all. Those three I mentioned have made very straight forward games. I was just suggesting to check out their games in the future if Keith’s are too complex for you.

Black Knight, Deadpool, guardians and Stranger Things are all great games.

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Since Adam Warlock made the cut it would have been nice to see the Silver Surfer too who is long over due for a pinball appearance and was also a huge player against thanos in the infinity gauntlet and even further back. Im really intrigued why Adam Warlock is pictured on this game. My guess is he is in the final modes. His first appearance in the marvel universe was in fantastic four #67. He is eluded to in the 2nd Guardians movie as they show this same cocoon with those gold folks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As much as I would love this unfortunately i dont believe Marvel can use the Surfer as they sold off the right to 20th century fox. Would be nice to see them make a spidey like deal to get him back in the MCU.

#1043 3 years ago

That took longer than I thought but I knew it was coming.
I agree it isn't memorizing in any way but you can't compare them really. What would u do have Thanos's head wobbling around, taunting u. Wait a minute I like that actually, well maybe not the wobbling. No keep the wobbling. I'm in

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I do wish lori illusion or some other modder would make a gauntlet like this.....

Oh they will. I'm sure the modders started salivating when they saw that gauntlet.

His father was a modder.
His Mother was a modder.
What did i just say?

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

in 4 months you can buy a nice huo for a discount. even the ironmaiden le was and is available after they were sold out in minutes. i am gonna buy a nice used le. remember this is the flavor of the day and the way stern pumps these out they are not very hard to find. always people out there getting the nib le and getting rid of the old one

You might buy mine..

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Gomez

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Re: design, Steve Ritchie is a hack compared to Keith Elwin

Eventually, all designers steam slows then picks back up.....

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Blue looks pretty good too, but I think the purple or original black is the winner for me on the premium.
[quoted image]

Any way you could mock this up to the lighter blue that is on Thanos? I wonder what that would look like on the PREM?

#1049 3 years ago

but the Stern mech has "dual direction velocity detection"! Here I thought they couldn't top "Super Action Spinner".

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I see you kept yours as well
They recalled these because they are a fire hazard. Oven mitts arent supposed to easily catch fire?
[quoted image]

Nice, someone recognized this! Something told me to hang on to this, now I'm glad I did haha

How crazy was it and this thing catches fire when you use INTENTIONALLY?!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 300.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/21?hl=rhaegal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.