Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 56.
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I'm really not sure why people are so worried about the post under the spinning target. It's clearly much thicker than a a typical playfield post, and those take direct hits from balls all the time. Sure the target post is longer, but the strength goes up with the square of the diameter, so if it's twice as thick as a typical post it will be 4 times as strong. There are plenty of much thinner screws and posts in games that never have issues.

Playfield posts hold up by being extremely secure w/o play. Normally a 1/4" post secured by almost 1/2" of tight contact in the PF hole. Screwed in posts are known to fail because they don't have enough support. People aren't worried about a steel rod itself breaking.. but worried about how it's supported. It's about something long and skinny taking ball hits and what that does to where it's attached. Look at the disc in the video
Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 3.11.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-03 at 3.11.58 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 3.12.28 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-03 at 3.12.28 PM (resized).png

That base and it's mech is where all the lateral abuse is going to happen. You can see they have a plastic shape there to help direct the ball downward into the hole.. which also prevents the mech from just taking head on ball slams. At the end of the day, it's a long rod attached to a base that is going to get smashed at the end of the rod. It's going to take abuse. Simple physics. But it's not like it isn't something they wouldn't have planned for either... so we should just assume the engineer isn't incompetent until they give us a reason to believe otherwise

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

If we make some gross assumptions about diameter and length: a 10mm steel bar deflected at 100mm from the support point would need about 215N of force to bend. It would be very challenging to get that kind of force from a pinball.

Posts don't fail because the rod bends... they fail because of where/how they are attached.

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wonder if they will have rules around it similar to the Jeep in Jurassic Park? Spin left or right to move the shots.

It's doctor strange... so imagine spinning time forward.. or spinning time backwards..

That's an easy artistic direction to take..

#954 3 years ago

Oh crap, rodgate. KME start drafting your resignation letter.

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

500 total. AFAIK 40 down here.

Yea, even Mike sold out...no biggie.....I've got a spot if someone backs out (always the case). Not a "must have" but looks cool, so good either way....

#956 3 years ago

Blue looks pretty good too, but I think the purple or original black is the winner for me on the premium.

Avengers_InfinityQuest_BluePremium (resized).jpgAvengers_InfinityQuest_BluePremium (resized).jpg
#957 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s also a completely different set of materials. Can’t be compared imo.

Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, the ringmaster is mounted on a big ass metal spring that's designed to bend and move so it can throw the ball around. That little post the Strange spinner is mounted on looks a little fragile from the short videos but hopefully it's sturdier than it looks.

Not knocking that, definitely built differently, I was just figuring that technology has advanced since the 90's and they could make it as strong, or stronger, with less. But then again, if it's anything like my Stay Puft bracket, it will crack in a few months.

Quoted from Palmer:

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they are RGB just so they can be used in full playfield light shows?

That's my thought as well.

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Playfield posts hold up by being extremely secure w/o play. Normally a 1/4" post secured by almost 1/2" of tight contact in the PF hole. Screwed in posts are known to fail because they don't have enough support. People aren't worried about a steel rod itself breaking.. but worried about how it's supported. It's about something long and skinny taking ball hits and what that does to where it's attached. Look at the disc in the video

The underside is curved to re-direct the force, my dude.

#959 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

True, but it's a tight radius.

#960 3 years ago

Any distributors with LE still available please PM me

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Hummm.... What would you guys do, Batman 66 or this?

Both, buy the BM66, play it for 6 months, let the kinks get ironed out of Avengers, sell the bm66 for same or less than you bought it and buy Avengers.

#962 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's about something long and skinny taking ball hits and what that does to where it's attached

so...... many..... jokes....... (head explodes)

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's my first printer I figured might as well jump into the deep end. I wanted to be able to print translucent objects and detailed models for pins so resin just made sense I was waiting for the build volume to improve and took the plunge.

What do you use to design? I imagine you need a 3D CAD pgm? AutoCAD?

#964 3 years ago

I have it on high authority that the music for AIQ was composed by this performer...

5076B9D1-3952-4E33-923C-796AF1865A39 (resized).jpeg5076B9D1-3952-4E33-923C-796AF1865A39 (resized).jpeg
#965 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Any distributors with LE still available please PM me

Someone posted that Gameroom Guys had a couple. You won't get a distributor to PM you likely on a LE slot. They usually sell out with no effort on their part.

#966 3 years ago

Have you seen ZY Instagram with PF video? PF art is amazing.

Came a long way since old Avengers pin. The old Avengers photoclips are cringeworthy.
EA209D8C-38A3-441C-A843-A36B17838AA2 (resized).jpegEA209D8C-38A3-441C-A843-A36B17838AA2 (resized).jpegDA3E31B3-F521-40A3-8B03-D0F9E49DBE55 (resized).jpegDA3E31B3-F521-40A3-8B03-D0F9E49DBE55 (resized).jpeg

#967 3 years ago

The art blades on the LE seem to be the same as the accessory ones apart from ant-man/giant-man at the back left corner next to avengers tower ball lock.

Weird because the LE art blades are usually quite a lot different to the accessory art blades.

#968 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The art blades on the LE seem to be the same as the accessory ones apart from ant-man/giant-man at the back left corner next to avengers tower ball lock.
Weird because the LE art blades are usually quite a lot different to the accessory art blades.

Side art and back glass are very similar too. Yeti said he was pressed for time while working on this game, I’m assuming this was a result of that.

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Side art and back glass are very similar too. Yeti said he was pressed for time while working on this game, I’m assuming this was a result of that.

They should have made the Pro and premium art the same not the LE. But Stern prob realizes the LE's will sell out anyways... Kinda sux

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

‘Here ‘here. I’d even go as far to say Jeremy is the best artist in pinball...ever!

As zombieyeti said earlier, hyperbole is like oxygen on Pinside.

Breath it in zy, it’s all true.

If we can criticize anything, it’s that all your work is of the same high standard, so eventually it gets taken for granted. Just make the next release crap do we don’t take you for granted.

#971 3 years ago

Omg, enough with the spinner post talk. What if I told you it’s been tested 756437 times in Sterns testing department? 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 6 months they belted a ball at that thing and it’s still perfect.

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Omg, enough with the spinner post talk. What if I told you it’s been tested 756437 times in Sterns testing department? 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 6 months they belted a ball at that thing and it’s still perfect.

But how well can it withstand a constant barrage of speculation?

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

But how well can it withstand a constant barrage of speculation?

Lol. Nothing is that strong.

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Blue looks pretty good too, but I think the purple or original black is the winner for me on the premium.
[quoted image]

Ok...how is everyone doing this? Is it really just photoshop skills that lets you change the color of the armor and have it looking so good?

#975 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

ZY: your art is the prettiest art of all the art
[quoted image]
my replacement glove

I see you kept yours as well
They recalled these because they are a fire hazard. Oven mitts arent supposed to easily catch fire?

20200903_182147 (resized).jpg20200903_182147 (resized).jpg
#976 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes love the Magneto based on #516
[quoted image]

Um....no.
Behold Magnus in all his glory

Screenshot_20200903-183027_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200903-183027_Google (resized).jpg
#977 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

First person that can find me a legible image of the instruction card I'll send you a free TWIP t-shirt!! And a virtual hug.

BUMP! Free shirt, virtual hug, and a high five to anyone in the entire world that can get me a legible image of the instruction card!!

Want to release the TWIP DEEP DIVE into the game and the rules of the game but need to know what is on the instruction card to finish it!

Post here or PM me or send to [email protected] plllleeeeeeaaaassssseeeee...

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't see why it would.
If you want a game with turtles all over it this isn't going to scratch your itch.

That's right. People who buy a pin which is based on comic book super heroes are no way going to buy a pin which is based on comic book super heroes....

#979 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Uhmmm that’s exactly what I said... maybe it just didn’t come through?

“ You can see they have a plastic shape there to help direct the ball downward into the hole.. which also prevents the mech from just taking head on ball slams”

That’s exactly what the second part of the line is saying... ball redirected avoids the mech taking the full impact... it doesn’t need to stop the ball fully as it would in a post or target. It’s a deflection of the ball’s energy vs absorbing it like a head on post shot. The redirect both improves the reliability of the shot and improves the mechanical design.

#980 3 years ago

No doubt the game looks like it'll decent for sure. My only issue is with ZY's artwork. Always, sort of looks the same and has a more PC look and feel as opposed to free hand comic drawing in my opinion. It's definitely decent and Sterns artwork it light years ahead of what it was in the photoshop days which lasted up to TWD and AC/DC etc.

#981 3 years ago

In for a premium. Disrtro says October sometime

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

No doubt the game looks like it'll decent for sure. My only issue is with ZY's artwork. Always, sort of looks the same and has a more PC look and feel as opposed to free hand comic drawing in my opinion. It's definitely decent and Sterns artwork it light years ahead of what it was in the photoshop days which lasted up to TWD and AC/DC etc.

The artwork looks awesome.

My turtles looks completely different to my DP. Looks hand drawn to me. Turtles more subdued than DP. This looks different again as does IMDN. No way is it samish. Unless by samish you mean all of them have awesome in common.

His artwork rocks. I think you can pass on a particular artwork if it’s not to your taste, but don’t trash the guys talent.

Edit: they also always look better in real life than the promo shots. Wait till u see one.

#983 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok...how is everyone doing this? Is it really just photoshop skills that lets you change the color of the armor and have it looking so good?

Yep, just photoshop! I love to plan out ideas.

#984 3 years ago

Game room boys are now sold out of LEs as well..... SUCK.... I just had enough beers to push the buy button...

#985 3 years ago

Anybody cautious on the sound on this game? Considering the last Avengers game? All I have heard is music. Are there call-outs?

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

BUMP! Free shirt, virtual hug, and a high five to anyone in the entire world that can get me a legible image of the instruction card!!
Want to release the TWIP DEEP DIVE into the game and the rules of the game but need to know what is on the instruction card to finish it!
Post here or PM me or send to [email protected] plllleeeeeeaaaassssseeeee...

I’ve never seen a man have a hard on for an instruction card - until tonight.

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Game room boys are now sold out of LEs as well..... SUCK.... I just had enough beers to push the buy button...

in 4 months you can buy a nice huo for a discount. even the ironmaiden le was and is available after they were sold out in minutes. i am gonna buy a nice used le. remember this is the flavor of the day and the way stern pumps these out they are not very hard to find. always people out there getting the nib le and getting rid of the old one

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Are there call-outs?

Nope. Wireforms used up the BOM. No money left for call outs this time around.

#989 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

in 4 months you can buy a nice huo for a discount. even the ironmaiden le was and is available after they were sold out in minutes. i am gonna buy a nice used le. remember this is the flavor of the day and the way stern pumps these out they are not very hard to find. always people out there getting the nib le and getting rid of the old one

The LEs may be harder to find down the road or face less depreciation if it’s true that more went overseas. In the end, how good the game is will determine whether they become available. Not so easy to find EHOH games, for example, and prices are holding up well.

I’m in on a pro, but am looking for an LE. Would be my first stern LE.

What do I know, I like the original avengers game a lot. Had a pro I played every day for two years straight.

#990 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

I mean, you're not wrong. I need you Stern!!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#991 3 years ago

Two words. Keith Elwin.

Everything else is set decoration....

#992 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Ah yes, Tron, the famous outer space movie.
(just a little friendly ballbusting)

Quoted from yancy:

Ah yes, Metallica, the famous outer space band.
(I'll be here all night, tip your server)

I was told to try the veal.

Discount Thursday nights.

#993 3 years ago

To all of those who are boldly predicting that HUO LE's will be readily available in just a few short months, that did not seem to happen with JP LE's. And, ask the folks who held off buying a JJP POTC (any version) or a Spooky RM how they feel now about their chances of scoring one at a below or full list price. This game is not just another 'run of the mill' Stern Pinball. I agree that the Premium's and Pro's will be available for some time to come. But, because it is an Elwin/ZY collaboration, I think the LE's will prove to be hard to come by for quite some time. Maybe I will be proven wrong. It won't be my first 'rodeo error'. But, I am afraid that the adage 'he who hesitates is lost' may apply to the circumstances here (once again). The best tonic for any disappointments in not getting an LE may be a lot of long term patience and/or an open wallet. Just my opinion.

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Lmmfao!!!

#995 3 years ago

So some are saying Marvel handled the voice actors/recordings on this - were they also involved with the voices for X-Men and the first Avengers machine?

I haven't seen it, but hope it's true they are from the cartoon. They'd at least be established character voices, and I'd assume the actors would be comfortable in their roles...

Here's hoping.

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

To all of those who are boldly predicting that HUO LE's will be readily available in just a few short months, that did not seem to happen with JP LE's. And, ask the folks who held off buying a JJP POTC (any version) or a Spooky RM how they feel now about their chances of scoring one at a below or full list price. This game is not just another 'run of the mill' Stern Pinball. I agree that the Premium's and Pro's will be available for some time to come. But, because it is an Elwin/ZY collaboration, I think the LE's will prove to be hard to come by for quite some time. Maybe I will be proven wrong. It won't be my first 'rodeo error'. But, I am afraid that the adage 'he who hesitates is lost' may apply to the circumstances here (once again). The best tonic for any disappointments in not getting an LE may be a lot of long term patience and/or an open wallet. Just my opinion.

Everything eventually comes up on the used market. Some take longer than other but with the number of games being cranked out it will happen. But at any rate i don’t get the rush to buy the LE, the premium has everything. You can jazz up the armor not a lot of money and the speakers are easy to upgrade. Who cares about 1 of 500? Premium all day.

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

One big difference here is that the LE and Premium are almost identical, even the side art blades. This might be the closest match of any Stern Premium vs LE. We're used to unique art packages on the LE edition but you can tell there wasn't enough time here. Not even unique left/right cab art. That said, who in their right mind is going to sell an LE? Not me!

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Everything eventually comes up on the used market. Some take longer than other but with the number of games being cranked out it will happen. But at any rate i don’t get the rush to buy the LE, the premium has everything. You can jazz up the armor not a lot of money and the speakers are easy to upgrade. Who cares about 1 of 500? Premium all day.

You can upgrade everything but the backglass

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

But, I am afraid that the adage 'he who hesitates is lost'

He who hesitates will be left holding his balls in his hand

#1000 3 years ago

Premium and just about any other color is gonna look better than the LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
$ 34.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,250 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/20?hl=colinize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.