Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 56.
#901 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

This game looks awesome. I have no room to put it, but I think I'm in for one of these! Re: this designer, I've got a JP Premium, and I can respect the fact that it is hard, I've bricked more shots in that game than Shaq has free throws. But I can get around that, it's on my skill (or lack thereof). What drives me nuts about JP are the out lanes. Even if adjusted to "easy", if the ball is going that way, the nudging that I know how to do doesn't really work, it's like your strategy has to be to not let it go there. I'm wondering if the setup is the same on Avengers (the in lane post much higher, creating out lane drains that would make me want to smash the Invisiglass). I don't really recall that in Iron Maiden but don't own it so can't be for sure. Any ideas or any good photos/videos with a closeup of that configuration?

JP is definitely a game that if you are missing shots will drain. No way around that. Consider that it was designed by one of the greatest pinball players ever. KME needed a challenge, so I can't imagine any of his designs will be easy. That's a good thing. Easy is boring.

#902 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Yes - See below
[quoted image]

Thanks. Not sure about the yellow powderercoat, might be in for a Prem. need to see hoe crazy the Cn price is is.

#903 3 years ago

This looks pretty promising! Originally my plan was to buy a Turtles next, but my wife is really into Avengers and likes the look of this game so it may be next . Plus it would be cool to own all of Elwin's games.

#904 3 years ago

Here is where it began, (after a 2 issue tbp thanos solo called "Infinity Quest" where he gathers the stones.)

infinity-gauntlet-comic-cover (resized).jpginfinity-gauntlet-comic-cover (resized).jpg
#905 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Weren't those things that Jpop just stole from older games though?
[quoted image]

yes, but since he used them on 2 of his games, it works. And The Jpop just sounds good.

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Anyone have a non instagram link to this teaser? Some of us old farts dont do "insta"

Quoted from chubtoad13:

This link worked for me without an instagram

I couldn't get into the Dead Flip post either. Is the 2nd link the same thing Dead Flip posted? The Black Panther animation? If so, is that really for the pinball machine? Seems more like a tribute by Marvel for Chadwick Boseman.

#907 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I couldn't get into the Dead Flip post either. Is the 2nd link the same thing Dead Flip posted? The Black Panther animation? If so, is that really for the pinball machine? Seems more like a tribute by Marvel for Chadwick Boseman.

No, the Deadflip link shows a snipet of actual game animation...

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Prepare to be disappointed. This game is going to be just like JP and Maiden imo.
Taking three drop targets and adding that much weight to them is awesome. Can’t wait to see more.
There will be plenty of stuff close to the start button like his other games I’m sure.

not close to bored yet on my Iron Maiden premium. Tommy might be leaving in due time after its 12 year stay to make room for this beast in premium form.

#909 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

looks great reminds me of ACNC

Yep...I liked the animation style of ACNC...if they use that style, awesome! I would much rather have that than the 3d rendered "style" of TMNT. I just hope AIQ doesn't get hindered like ACNC (and JP to be honest) by too tight of shots!

#910 3 years ago

I'm really not sure why people are so worried about the post under the spinning target. It's clearly much thicker than a a typical playfield post, and those take direct hits from balls all the time. Sure the target post is longer, but the strength goes up with the square of the diameter, so if it's twice as thick as a typical post it will be 4 times as strong. There are plenty of much thinner screws and posts in games that never have issues.

#911 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The Dinosaur in JP looks like it was bought at the dollar store. I quickly looked over it as I was too busy playing the fantastic game with an epic layout. I even left my cheap plastic Gomez truck because it is depicted throughout the theme. I do think the glove needs some help and modders will be all over it.

This is a good looking game no doubt, but yeah, the yellow trim and glove is definitely a miss. Also looking at the layout it looks pretty fun but not as good as JP. The T-Rex centeral toy just pulls it all together on that game. Imo, this game needed a toy like that to compete with JP.

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I’m no physician, but if your diarrhea is remotely that colorful I would immediately seek medical attention!
Fwiw, Art is subjective, and I don’t ‘detest’ your opinion. Wait to see it in person in a dimly lit arcade and you might understand my approach... That said - I’m not comic book artist and never claimed to be - but - try blowing up that original art with large areas of flat empty color and see how it looks on a pin...
Off to reconsider my choices in life!

Jeremy, as humans we all have a built in negativity bias, where we put more weight on the negative. I can't help but notice your first post in this thread was addressing one of the few people who didn't like the art when the feedback is overwhelmingly positive. It's amazing how those comments always stick out for us.

Here's a challenge for you. Accept this compliment from me by only stating "Thank you. It's true."

Jeremy, you have been a huge gift to pinball. Your art has elevated many games, and raised the game of everyone else. The art package on Avengers Infinity Quest is another knock out from a passionate master.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

to me his stuff is just getting progressively overly saturated and turning into visual diarrhea.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg
[quoted image]

Yeah, there's just way too much brown on that playfield...

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

One huge piece of the reveal that is missing...and preventing me from throwing money down...is the animation. TMNT animations were a deal breaker. April O'Neil looked hideous. Stern. Hire me. 20 years of experience. My new animation studio here in Salt Lake City is perfectly poised to create top shelf custom 3D animation work for you machines. Let me do the 3D models at least. Female characters require...skills.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve found publicly trashing a prospective employer is a great way to get an interview!

Besides I’m sure stern is dying to fire it’s in-house staff and replace them with a free lance Utah studio 1,500 miles away.

#915 3 years ago

Animation style looks pretty badass imo...

Screenshot 2020-09-03 12.00.54 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-09-03 12.00.54 (resized).png
#916 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Animation style looks pretty badass imo...
[quoted image]

This will be a huge selling aspect of this game!

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Jeremy, as humans we all have a built in negativity bias, where we put more weight on the negative. I can't help but notice your first post in this thread was addressing one of the few people who didn't like the art when the feedback is overwhelmingly positive. It's amazing how those comments always stick out for us.
Here's a challenge for you. Accept this compliment from me by only stating "Thank you. It's true."
Jeremy, you have been a huge gift to pinball. Your art has elevated many games, and raised the game of everyone else. The art package on Avengers Infinity Quest is another knock out from a passionate master.

‘Here ‘here. I’d even go as far to say Jeremy is the best artist in pinball...ever!

#918 3 years ago

I have a couple thoughts on the gauntlet. If Anyone plans on remaking one to the Movie Style, and going all out, Id be happy to help with synthetic or Genuine Stones to use. They dont need to be expensive, but how cool, if one is going all out, to light an Amethyst, Citrine, etc...

Another method to enhance the gauntlet would be some really good 3D looking decal/skin.
From the players view, it would add all the detail, and mechanics, just enough that a $25 decal might be the big seller.
One could even test some light faceting star burst decals on the stones, to liven them up.

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I guess someone mocked this up and messaged me about doing this for their premium. Not a problem and I’d accent with yellow bolts
[quoted image]

Knowing the amazing work you do, you could add a yellow metal flake to the clear coat on the armour for that extra pop.

#920 3 years ago

I 'm on the preorder for the new Elegoo Saturn 3D Printer should be here in a couple weeks. I'm not into selling mods but this would be a fun project to test out the printer. There are lots of models out there for the gauntlet. If anyone is interested, has a model they want to try out shoot me a pm. I think it would look pretty bad ass using a resin like this: https://www.dragonresin.com/collections/model-resin-dlp-lcd-led-3d-exotic-metalshine/products/3d-exotic-metalshine-resin-lcd-dlp-led-brass?variant=19947004526665

This is the printer if anyone is interested it has a pretty large build volume so I think it would be big enough:
https://www.elegoosaturn.com/products/elegoo-saturn-8-9-inch-4k-uv-lcd-3d-printer

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I 'm on the preorder for the new Elegoo Saturn 3D Printer should be here in a couple weeks. I'm not into selling mods but this would be a fun project to test out the printer. There are lots of models out there for the gauntlet. If anyone is interested, has a model they want to try out shoot me a pm. I think it would look pretty bad ass using a resin like this: https://www.dragonresin.com/collections/model-resin-dlp-lcd-led-3d-exotic-metalshine/products/3d-exotic-metalshine-resin-lcd-dlp-led-brass?variant=19947004526665
This is the printer if anyone is interested it has a pretty large build volume so I think it would be big enough:
https://www.elegoosaturn.com/products/elegoo-saturn-8-9-inch-4k-uv-lcd-3d-printer

I know nothing about 3D printers but would like to pick one up. Seen them do some cool things. What makes this one good/better than others?

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I know nothing about 3D printers but would like to pick one up. Seen them do some cool things. What makes this one good/better that others?

If you want to get started in 3D printing, I'd recommend an FDM printer (i.e. filament based) over resin. I have both, and while resin has some advantages it's not nearly as user-friendly as FDM. A lot of folks like the Prusa but there are tons of options.

#923 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I know nothing about 3D printers but would like to pick one up. Seen them do some cool things. What makes this one good/better than others?

Resin printers have very high resolution and can print incredible detailed objects. They are typically used for miniatures and small detailed objects. This is the first reasonably priced consumer model with a large build size. The visual quality is much higher but the print process is more involved.

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Resin printers have very high resolution and can print incredible detailed objects. They are typically used for miniatures and small detailed objects. This is the first reasonably priced consumer model with a large build size. The visual quality is much higher but the print process is more involved.

Thanks, might be a bit too complex for me to start off with. They do sound like fun to work with.

Thanks

#925 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Eaglepin, you in on this one?

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Knowing the amazing work you do, you could add a yellow metal flake to the clear coat on the armour for that extra pop.

I’d do big ol nasty gold flakes in it

#927 3 years ago

I wonder if this’ll negatively effect TMNT sales. I thought turtles was a great game but not to my interest because I’ve never saw or read anything about the turtles franchise and imo it seems a bit campy with pizza topping or dance step modes. I’m more into Avengers in general.

I’m going to play before I buy. I’m not interested in the LE due to price and not liking the yellow color. Was an easy pass for me.

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Thanks, might be a bit too complex for me to start off with. They do sound like fun to work with.
Thanks

It's my first printer I figured might as well jump into the deep end. I wanted to be able to print translucent objects and detailed models for pins so resin just made sense I was waiting for the build volume to improve and took the plunge.

#929 3 years ago

Good looking game, great theme. Considering the sounds on the last Avengers game, X-men, TWD, etc., has anyone heard the vocals on this yet? All I have heard is music.

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wonder if this’ll negatively effect TMNT sales. I thought turtles was a great game but not to my interest because I’ve never saw or read anything about the turtles franchise and imo it seems a bit campy with pizza topping or dance step modes. I’m more into Avengers in general.
I’m going to play before I buy. I’m not interested in the LE due to price and not liking the yellow color. Was an easy pass for me.

I don't see why it would.

If you want a game with turtles all over it this isn't going to scratch your itch.

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I’d do big ol nasty gold flakes in it

I did this to my Tron, very hard to take a pic of it, but it's blue flake on ink black. Wanted it to look spacey.

IMG_20200528_193725 (resized).jpgIMG_20200528_193725 (resized).jpg
#932 3 years ago

Yep yep yep!!!!! I already had an itch to get another machine. Was deciding between a couple and then this came along and made the decision for me Layout looks like fun. I trust that the rules & code will be the same level of interesting and fun as Maiden and JP2. I really like all the playfield, cabinet, and backglass art too, I think it really pops with good color that will liven up a lineup. Can't wait to play it!

I don't have any social media either so I couldn't see the Instagram post with the animation clip, but I'm good waiting until the 9th to see it in action! Only (very minor) wishlist item I have so far is I hope the lights on the shooter rod can change color to light up the knob different colors for different stones. The color shown in the video was pretty bland.

#933 3 years ago

You've been great in the JP2 club thread you set up. Maybe you can set the one for this game up too? To whoever sets it up, I have a suggestion for the title that really should be a no-brainer: "Pinsiders Assemble!"

That's got to be it, right?

#934 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I'm really not sure why people are so worried about the post under the spinning target. It's clearly much thicker than a a typical playfield post, and those take direct hits from balls all the time. Sure the target post is longer, but the strength goes up with the square of the diameter, so if it's twice as thick as a typical post it will be 4 times as strong. There are plenty of much thinner screws and posts in games that never have issues.

because you've said it, much longer, that means this will work as a lever
of course i dont know how its "fixed" at the base, but only long time playing will tell us if its OK or not...

ball (resized).JPGball (resized).JPG

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I did this to my Tron, very hard to take a pic of it, but it's blue flake on ink black. Wanted it to look spacey.

Ah yes, Tron, the famous outer space movie.

(just a little friendly ballbusting)

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

because you've said it, much longer, that means this will work as a lever
of course i dont know how its "fixed" at the base, but only long time playing will tell us if its OK or not...
[quoted image]

If we make some gross assumptions about diameter and length: a 10mm steel bar deflected at 100mm from the support point would need about 215N of force to bend. It would be very challenging to get that kind of force from a pinball.

#937 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep yep yep!!!!! I already had an itch to get another machine. Was deciding between a couple and then this came along and made the decision for me Layout looks like fun. I trust that the rules & code will be the same level of interesting and fun as Maiden and JP2. I really like all the playfield, cabinet, and backglass art too, I think it really pops with good color that will liven up a lineup. Can't wait to play it!
I don't have any social media either so I couldn't see the Instagram post with the animation clip, but I'm good waiting until the 9th to see it in action! Only (very minor) wishlist item I have so far is I hope the lights on the shooter rod can change color to light up the knob different colors for different stones. The color shown in the video was pretty bland.

Awesome! Glad to hear it. You always have solid advice in the JP2 owners club. I also had the itch for a new machine, but the wife wasnt so keen on the idea. However, when she saw the LE yellow, she gave me the thumbs up! And absolutely, "Pinsiders assemble"!

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

If we make some gross assumptions about diameter and length: a 10mm steel bar deflected at 100mm from the support point would need about 215N of force to bend. It would be very challenging to get that kind of force from a pinball.

we'll see
and of course i hope you're right !
i suppose they've thank about this...

but again, can't compare with Cirqus anyway, not only for the all system, but also the power of actual pins

PS : i'm not talking about "bend", but than more "break" at the basis...

#939 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Lol, Well you can think of it like that, but I was going to word it a bit more scientifically and say the post thingy will probably be strong enough to get thumped by the ball. You're less scientific explanation is probably better though

#940 3 years ago

Pinsiders: Ironman looks like a Nazi!
Pinsiders: I hate the artwork. So done with ZombieYeti!
Pinsiders: That glove is a disaster! Bring on the mods!
Pinsiders: How soon til the playfields have issues?
Pinsiders: Another price increase?!?
Pinsiders: Elwin’s shots are too tight and code, too complicated!

Stern: Holy shit everyone. This might be the best reaction to a new pin launch ever!!!
(And they may well be right)

Can’t wait to play this game. Hats off to all involved.

#941 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

It would be very challenging to get that kind of force from a pinball.

Challenge accepted!

#942 3 years ago

My Metallica done by Robert. The purple looks AMAZING and has that star field look...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#943 3 years ago

Ah yes, Metallica, the famous outer space band.

(I'll be here all night, tip your server)

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

You've been great in the JP2 club thread you set up. Maybe you can set the one for this game up too? To whoever sets it up, I have a suggestion for the title that really should be a no-brainer: "Pinsiders Assemble!"
That's got to be it, right?

Just started a club thread. It will most likely be locked until shipping starts, but who knows

#945 3 years ago

A couple days ago nobody even knew they wanted an Avengers pin

#946 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

A couple days ago nobody even knew they wanted an Avengers pin

Most did not wanted to have the Avengers pin.

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"Dual Direction Velocity Detection"....it's a plastic spinning disk Stern lol.
Game looks really cool and fun!

Look at the inserts in front of it... there are lights for spinning one one vs the other. There are likely rules about spinning a certain direction... and the game can tell that... including how fast it's spinning.

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Most did not wanted to have the Avengers pin.

Agreed. I didn't want one. Now I have one on order.

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Challenge accepted!

Just remember, the harder you hit the flipper, the faster the ball goes. So really slam that thing!

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Look at the inserts in front of it... there are lights for spinning one one vs the other. There are likely rules about spinning a certain direction... and the game can tell that... including how fast it's spinning.

I wonder if they will have rules around it similar to the Jeep in Jurassic Park? Spin left or right to move the shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/19?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.