Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 56.
#851 3 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

different look than the X-men pin which has art from/inspired by the actual comics.

Yes love the Magneto based on #516

X_MEN #516.jpgX_MEN #516.jpg
#852 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You know what I really like about Elwin's designs so far is replacing the standard center bash toy with a third flipper game with more creative ramp configurations that happen to flow really well. I am digging his style-I love ramps and I love flow.

Me too. if you hit that ultra fast: upper right flipper -> Orbit -> Upper right flipper -> Tower Ramp shot in the new JP you feel awesom everytime. best thing if you combo some other shot before making this one.

#853 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I don't 'hate' many things. I reserve it for very very bad things like 'death' and 'taxes'. But it is pinside & I understand hyperbole is like oxygen here...
That said - if you love Ghostbusters & Deadpool (and hate TMNT I assume?) I'd hope you'd reserve judgement until you see it in real life at scale vs reacting to photos and videos... BUT I ONLY ask that you don't miss out on Keith's best game because of my shortcomings on the project... The schedule was tight coming off of TMNT, but I did my best to use the time I had.
And to the folks being supportive: I will always greatly appreciate your support. I'm always my worst critic so I try to put in the extra effort in hopes that you feel like you get your money's worth regardless of my choices (as these machines aren't cheap I've heard!)

Yep, my language was too harsh. My filter sucks in online forums. I'll def check it out in person.

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

if you combo some other shot before making this one.

I don't know what the hell he puts in his sauce? But it is magic! I get a tingle up my spine on the combo ramp shots-one of the best feelings in pinball for me.

Reminds me of old funny video-Every time I hit a combo I ^%$ in my pants....

#855 3 years ago

I have no comic themed game in my collection and this looks like it could be the one to get. What does the LE have over the Prem? i think Prem is the way to go.

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

The issue is it's missing any sort of shading. Just flat yellow looks AWFUL. Also the washed out pastel gems?
[quoted image]
vs
[quoted image]
Can you really not tell the difference?

The one in the game looks like a happy meal toy.

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Ok just out of interest. What is it that you find complicated in JP? In my opinion it's pretty straightforward. It has a lot of depht or different things to do for sure. But the main draw for visitor center is pretty straightforward in my opinion.

It's a board game, not a pin...Took me a couple months to figure out the progression, it's overly complicated...Set Trap targets too heavily weighted for shots that don't feel great IMO...I love some of the shots on that game, but not the code.

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

needs a mod or a re-paint for sure. It does look blah.

#859 3 years ago

I'm in for the LE. Excited about this one.

Shaker Motor in the LE guys ! Gets me all happy thinking about those target hits "Rumbling".

#860 3 years ago

This will undoubtedly be the best pin since TMNT.

#861 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I'm in for the LE. Excited about this one.
Shaker Motor in the LE guys ! Gets me all happy thinking about those target hits "Rumbling".

Did they list what the LE has over the Prem? Shaker/backglass/Invis Glass...

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

This will undoubtedly be the best pin since TMNT.

I'm sure abouth that.

#863 3 years ago

I guess someone mocked this up and messaged me about doing this for their premium. Not a problem and I’d accent with yellow bolts

CF38378A-B962-4B1D-808B-30EF05ACCE53 (resized).pngCF38378A-B962-4B1D-808B-30EF05ACCE53 (resized).png
#864 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The Dinosaur in JP looks like it was bought at the dollar store. I quickly looked over it as I was too busy playing the fantastic game with an epic layout. I even left my cheap plastic Gomez truck because it is depicted throughout the theme. I do think the glove needs some help and modders will be all over it.

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Sounds overly complicated to me...
I think this is Elwin's major flaw so far as a designer...Sometimes keeping it simple is better. No need to unnecessarily over-complicate things; in JP, that's what made me end up selling mine.
He's got killer flow in his games, I think I want to see him dumb it down a bit; that's my 2 cents...He's one of the best players in the world, so no doubt, he makes pins he would love to play forever, but I want to see more simplicity in his rule-set for Avengers.

I dunno... If these new targets work the way Chuckwurt thinks they do, I think it's a smart feature. A lot of features have to be looked at from the perspective of a player that just flails to a player who knows what is going on.

Mechanics like that drop target bank where you get -something- for knocking them all down rewards the people who play the game at a simple level, and having it deeper based on combinations/rows of lit ones for the more experience players makes the feature rewarding for everyone. It's just more rewarding to the more skilled players.

#866 3 years ago

Agree, The Gauntlet looks pretty poor imo... Hopefully someone will make a replacement but spending $9,200 on a machine you would think you would get something that looks better than a dogs toy.

For you serious collectors out there, this is grail gauntlet to get!!!

2020-09-03 08.40.41 (resized).jpg2020-09-03 08.40.41 (resized).jpg
#867 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I guess someone mocked this up and messaged me about doing this for their premium. Not a problem and I’d accent with yellow bolts
[quoted image]

To me that purple trim added to the Premium looks better than the yellow LE but everybody has their own tastes.

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Did they list what the LE has over the Prem? Shaker/backglass/Invis Glass...

Yes - See below

Avengers Infinity Quest Matrix Features-1 (resized).jpgAvengers Infinity Quest Matrix Features-1 (resized).jpg
#869 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

get something that looks better than a dogs toy.

That made me chuckle-it does remind me of my dogs squeaky toy

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I think this is Elwin's major flaw so far as a designer...Sometimes keeping it simple is better. No need to unnecessarily over-complicate things; in JP, that's what made me end up selling mine.
He's got killer flow in his games, I think I want to see him dumb it down a bit; that's my 2 cents...He's one of the best players in the world, so no doubt, he makes pins he would love to play forever, but I want to see more simplicity in his rule-set for Avengers.

I love an in-depth ruleset because I don’t want to just rinse and repeat each time I play.

I also sometimes like simple rules, but I balance this with some 90s games like WCS and NGG.

This layout begs for in-depth rules because there is so much to shoot for and so many characters. That’s also what makes Avengers so cool is all there different powers pitted against the different powers of the stones. A simple ruleset would be such a waste here.

This will be my first Keith game. Played a few games of JP, really liked it. This looks awesome.

#871 3 years ago

"Designer autographed collectible featuring signature of game designer Keith Elwin" - Maybe that's a better gauntlet?

Happy thoughts - to guess that it's maybe something like that - a real value.

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

"Designer autographed collectible featuring signature of game designer Keith Elwin" - Maybe that's a better gauntlet?
Happy thoughts - to guess that it's maybe something like that - a real value.

I think the signed collectible is the pinball machine.

#873 3 years ago

Hey y'all!! Does anyone have a line on a dealer/distro that has an LE for sale? Definitely looking for one. Hit me up & let me know.

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes love the Magneto based on #516
[quoted image]

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

I like this magneto.

#875 3 years ago

Making the gauntlet look like the movie prop would be a mistake IMO. This is a comic based game. The one on the Premium/LE does look plain but an airbrush artist could make it look great! It just needs some shading. I wish the gems were more gem-like. If you take a look at the topper, they used some bubble glass like material. I would have liked something like that or an acrylic gem with subtle faceting. Hopefully modders will be able to take what is in the game and make it look better.

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from sp005:

Been a while since I have bought new, who are the better distributors these days, Trent, JJ, Cointaker? I sent a request for email last night to one I thought was recommended but I haven't seen anything from them yet. They must be swamped, so I will give them the benefit here. I am liking what I see in the trailers, can't wait for the live stream.

Joe at pinballstar is awesome. I've bought all my NIB games from him.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Making the gauntlet look like the movie prop would be a mistake IMO. This is a comic based game.

I totally agree with this statement. I don’t like seeing games with “mods” that feel disconnected visually from the rest of the game.

#878 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

This pin looks innovative and creative. It’s what we need more of in pinball. The art is amazing. Not surprising from Yeti. I do wish lori illusion or some other modder would make a gauntlet like this.....

I've noticed a few people mentioning that they will use this as a topper. Keep in mind the color/location of the gems on the gauntlet in the movie is different from that of the comics.

In 2014 they made a gauntlet correct to the comic. It's a SDCC exclusive set with figures.

ebay.com link: Marvel Universe SDCC 2014 Exclusive Infinity Gauntlet Thanos Nebula Starfox 3 75

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I don't 'hate' many things. I reserve it for very very bad things like 'death' and 'taxes'. But it is pinside & I understand hyperbole is like oxygen here...
That said - if you love Ghostbusters & Deadpool (and hate TMNT I assume?) I'd hope you'd reserve judgement until you see it in real life at scale vs reacting to photos and videos... BUT I ONLY ask that you don't miss out on Keith's best game because of my shortcomings on the project... The schedule was tight coming off of TMNT, but I did my best to use the time I had.
And to the folks being supportive: I will always greatly appreciate your support. I'm always my worst critic so I try to put in the extra effort in hopes that you feel like you get your money's worth regardless of my choices (as these machines aren't cheap I've heard!)

I personally really like your artwork. You really executed a modern "Marvel" artwork package.

The play field has a ton of detail. I love how the play field art flows with the shots. Captain marvel flying into the ramp, hulk transforming near the spinner, it all seems well planned out, while maintaining a comic book feel. I think Stan Lee would approve!

Mostly evaluating the premium since that is what I want due to features, but the translate is awesome, and I really want to see this in person, i don't think the pictures do the side art any justice. I think in person Thanos will really pop/look larger than life!

Some constructive feedback, would have been neat if you had time to do two different sides of the artwork, one side Thanos, and the other the Avengers on the premium that flowed with the package, but I'm sure this was due to time restraints. I prefer the front of the Pro versus the Premium. The infinity stones flying around are okay, but would have rather seen character art on the front. This is purely my opinion, and has nothing to do with execution. Doesn't make or break the package, just some feedback!

There is a TON of emphasis on Thanos in the artwork, he better be a bad ass in this game, aka snap his fingers and kill your score until you reclaim a stone or something!

Job well done sir! All of the above is my "opinion", look forward to your future projects! Keep up the good work!

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Making the gauntlet look like the movie prop would be a mistake IMO. This is a comic based game. T

Totally agree, it has to be comic style. It could have been more like this... But hopefully a modder will make something. I'm not hung up on the stones being correct but that would be nice also.

As you can tell I am a Thanos fan and collector...
2020-09-03 09.14.25-1 (resized).jpg2020-09-03 09.14.25-1 (resized).jpg

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I love JOhnny craps work on JP even though most here hated it.

If by "most here hated it" you mean "a tiny vocal minority whined about it while the rest of us were too busy loving our JP," then yes.

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Same drop target rule from that famously complicated game, Stern Cheetah, 1980.

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Joe at pinballstar is awesome. I've bought all my NIB games from him.

Joe is awesome! But I'm pretty sure he doesn't distribute for Stern. But, I may be mistaken. It's worth calling him and asking. His number is right on his website..

https://pinballstar.com/

#884 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Joe is awesome! But I'm pretty sure he doesn't distribute for Stern. But, I may be mistaken. It's worth calling him and asking. His number is right on his website..
https://pinballstar.com/

Does he not? I already talked to him about Avengers and he didn't say anything about not being a Stern distributor. I've only bought a couple Spooky's from him.

#885 3 years ago

Agree with everyone that the Gauntlet needs to be modded, but not to the movie version (although I’m sure that will be the popular opinion). It should look like the one in the comics.

Also, the gems are white with LED’s behind them. I wonder why they didn’t color the stones, unless those LED’s are RGB?

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Little shop of games has it listed at an estimated price of $599 but no release date yet, Stern part number 502-7131-00.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/avengers-assemble-infinity-quest-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7131-00/
Elvira topper topper also listed as coming soon at the bargain price of $999.

Thank you, sir. $600 seems to be the new baseline for toppers. But $1,000? That’s ludicrous.

I’m hearing the accessories will be available in 1-2 months.

Quoted from Budman:

The spinning disc on the Premium is cool but would like to hear the design team discuss how they have made and tested it to withstand a ball crashing into it in the up position( looks fragile) as well as how it will remain flush to the playfield when down.

Isn’t this how Circus Voltaire is done? It rises up and gets hit with balls too. Has anyone had issues with this holding up on CV?

DC2BE144-75A3-41B9-8701-976ACC4CBC51 (resized).pngDC2BE144-75A3-41B9-8701-976ACC4CBC51 (resized).png
#887 3 years ago

It’s also a completely different set of materials. Can’t be compared imo.

#888 3 years ago

This game looks great. It's the pits I couldn't see it and play it at expo that was scheduled (now canceled) next month.

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

I wonder why they didn’t color the stones, unless those LED’s are RGB?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they are RGB just so they can be used in full playfield light shows?

#890 3 years ago

This game looks awesome. I have no room to put it, but I think I'm in for one of these! Re: this designer, I've got a JP Premium, and I can respect the fact that it is hard, I've bricked more shots in that game than Shaq has free throws. But I can get around that, it's on my skill (or lack thereof). What drives me nuts about JP are the out lanes. Even if adjusted to "easy", if the ball is going that way, the nudging that I know how to do doesn't really work, it's like your strategy has to be to not let it go there. I'm wondering if the setup is the same on Avengers (the in lane post much higher, creating out lane drains that would make me want to smash the Invisiglass). I don't really recall that in Iron Maiden but don't own it so can't be for sure. Any ideas or any good photos/videos with a closeup of that configuration?

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s also a completely different set of materials. Can’t be compared imo.

Yeah, the ringmaster is mounted on a big ass metal spring that's designed to bend and move so it can throw the ball around. That little post the Strange spinner is mounted on looks a little fragile from the short videos but hopefully it's sturdier than it looks.

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Agree, The Gauntlet looks pretty poor imo... Hopefully someone will make a replacement but spending $9,200 on a machine you would think you would get something that looks better than a dogs toy.
For you serious collectors out there, this is grail gauntlet to get!!!
[quoted image]

Just curious, who makes that one? I have the Hot Toys/ Sideshow Movie Replica. This one is a beast!
26200C35-A06A-4DD1-8290-8FBFC67DF5D4 (resized).jpeg26200C35-A06A-4DD1-8290-8FBFC67DF5D4 (resized).jpeg

#896 3 years ago

I'm in for a premium ... Gameroom Guys still have a couple of LE slots available if anyone is looking.

#897 3 years ago

OH Yeah! I just committed to a Premium from Flip N Out!

#898 3 years ago

Anyone have a non instagram link to this teaser? Some of us old farts dont do "insta"

#900 3 years ago

Since Adam Warlock made the cut it would have been nice to see the Silver Surfer too who is long over due for a pinball appearance and was also a huge player against thanos in the infinity gauntlet and even further back. Im really intrigued why Adam Warlock is pictured on this game. My guess is he is in the final modes. His first appearance in the marvel universe was in fantastic four #67. He is eluded to in the 2nd Guardians movie as they show this same cocoon with those gold folks.

4555141-adam-warlock-download-wallpaper-in-hd (resized).jpg4555141-adam-warlock-download-wallpaper-in-hd (resized).jpgFantastic Four - No. 67 - Cover (resized).pngFantastic Four - No. 67 - Cover (resized).pngMarvel_Premiere_Vol_1_1 (resized).jpgMarvel_Premiere_Vol_1_1 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 34.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 16.00
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.