Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 55.
#801 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I know I’m in the minority but the more I look at it the more I detest the art. I think I’m over ZY... to me his stuff is just getting progressively overly saturated and turning into visual diarrhea. Game looks amazing but the art... ugh
Compare it to something like this from the real comics... not even in the same leuage
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg
[quoted image]

Jeremy, don’t listen to this drivel about your awesome artwork! Most all of us love what you do and the passion you have for pinball! Both you and Franchi do the best work imo. What you’ve done on AIQ is far better than the old comic book artwork. Light years ahead. You’ve made the comic book come alive and vibrant with action.

#802 3 years ago
marvelous (resized).jpgmarvelous (resized).jpg
#803 3 years ago

Damn you Stern, stop releasing then so quick! Haven’t even had turtles for a fortnight!

Got approval for a premium. Blessed be the wife. Even the daughter is excited about this one. Will get this one in a year.

#804 3 years ago

I would love to see a co-op mode on this.

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I think I might upgrade the gauntlet to this one from etsy

take my money !

#806 3 years ago

and may be the best analyze came from my wife while i show her the pin...

"yes, nice one, with all these ramps, but... this has no pistol as shooter button right ? than its not good... "

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I think I might upgrade the gauntlet to this one from etsy.
[quoted image]

That reminded me of this (deadpool the musical 2)

deadpool2 (resized).pngdeadpool2 (resized).png

#808 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

newb to veteran?

Not very much at all, they want to sell pins and there's a set number that they can't go below. I've bought many many machines from Player 1 and its a struggle to get free delivery let alone a deal on price. Good luck.

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not very much at all, they want to sell pins and there's a set number that they can't go below. I've bought many many machines from Player 1 and its a struggle to get free delivery let alone a deal on price. Good luck.

Not looking for a deal but some consistent pricing. I know ive heard of people paying much more than i did for nib. Jerry is a good guy.
Just curious what the price range is actually is right now. It DOES vary. Im guessing about $7,500usd-$7,800usd depending on the customer.

#810 3 years ago

Count me in for a premium

#811 3 years ago

I was lucky enough to get an LE.Already put my $2000 deposit was told it will ship in 3 weeks! That’s really fast

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:I know I’m in the minority but the more I look at it the more I detest the art. I think I’m over ZY... to me his stuff is just getting progressively overly saturated and turning into visual diarrhea. Game looks amazing but the art... ugh
Compare it to something like this from the real comics... not even in the same leuage
[quoted image]

I’m no physician, but if your diarrhea is remotely that colorful I would immediately seek medical attention!

Fwiw, Art is subjective, and I don’t ‘detest’ your opinion. Wait to see it in person in a dimly lit arcade and you might understand my approach... That said - I’m not comic book artist and never claimed to be - but - try blowing up that original art with large areas of flat empty color and see how it looks on a pin...

Off to reconsider my choices in life!

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I’m no physician, but if your diarrhea is remotely that colorful I would immediately seek medical attention!
Fwiw, Art is subjective, and I don’t ‘detest’ your opinion. Wait to see it in person in a dimly lit arcade and you might understand my approach... That said - I’m not comic book artist and never claimed to be - but - try blowing up that original art with large areas of flat empty color and see how it looks on a pin...

Don't listen to the naysayers. Your art is fanatic on this game and I can't wait to have it in my house to inspect closer.

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Your art is awesome. Keep up the great work. We are lucky to have you in pinball.

I guess some people still prefer photoshopped cut and paste images. Hello Lord of the Rings.

#815 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't listen to the naysayers. Your art is fanatic on this game and I can't wait to have it in my house to inspect closer.

Quoted from Halfwasted:

Your art is awesome. Keep up the great work. We are lucky to have you in pinball.
I guess some people still prefer photoshopped cut and paste images. Hello Lord of the Rings.

Agree with both of these comments.

#816 3 years ago

ZY, never change. Art is amazing. This pin will look great next to my Deadpool and Tmnt. Looking forward to seeing your next!

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Still waiting to hear back from my distributor on this, but has anyone heard when the accessories will drop? I assume soon-ish as they actually made a reveal video for them alone. Never seen that before.

Little shop of games has it listed at an estimated price of $599 but no release date yet, Stern part number 502-7131-00.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/avengers-assemble-infinity-quest-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7131-00/

Elvira topper topper also listed as coming soon at the bargain price of $999.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I know I’m in the minority but the more I look at it the more I detest the art. I think I’m over ZY... to me his stuff is just getting progressively overly saturated and turning into visual diarrhea. Game looks amazing but the art... ugh
[quoted image]

Typical Masshole

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Little shop of games has it listed at an estimated price of $599 but no release date yet, Stern part number 502-7131-00.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/avengers-assemble-infinity-quest-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7131-00/

Doc is not your Typical Masshole

#820 3 years ago

"Dual Direction Velocity Detection"....it's a plastic spinning disk Stern lol.

Game looks really cool and fun!

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"Dual Direction Velocity Detection"....it's a plastic spinning disk Stern lol.
Game looks really cool and fun!

I believe the faster you get it to spin... the faster you spell “Strange”

#822 3 years ago

Damn this just looks too good and I don't have enough space.
Went from 1 game in 2016-2019 to 4 Games during 2019-2020 and somebody wants to give me a spirit of 76 for free as a 5th. Now there is no more space in my gameroom .
I think TOM has to go for this.

Looking forward to Animations and Gameplay reveal.

#823 3 years ago

The spinning disc on the Premium is cool but would like to hear the design team discuss how they have made and tested it to withstand a ball crashing into it in the up position( looks fragile) as well as how it will remain flush to the playfield when down.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Have you considered Art Critic on a Pinball Forum?

#825 3 years ago

Did Stern ever annoucne how many LEs they were going to make on this one?

#826 3 years ago

on the feature matrix they say 500

#827 3 years ago

I love the theme and the comic art is appealing to me. The layout looks fun with a wide open playfield and creative ramp paths. My problem is I really have difficulty spending over $8000 on a pinball machine(drew a line in the sand years ago) unless it is a restored classic. I wanted a JP LE and by the time I was going to pull the trigger the $8400 price jumped up as it sold out. I decided to go with the Pro instead and it has turned out to be a great bang for your buck. Yes I am missing the moving T-Rex and raptor gate but it still plays great and fills my cup-no regrets especially for the price I paid.
Trying to justify the price difference between models is getting more difficult for me to grasp. Sometimes I feel like the difference between the LE and Pro is mainly cosmetic with powder coated rails, etc.(lipstick) as the gameplay remains basically the same(sometimes the Pro actually plays better). The days of overloaded Star Trek LE's seem to have gone away. I have plenty of money to buy the LE, but for some reason it just does not do it for me anymore? I keep thinking to myself would I rather have two Pro's like a Deadpool Pro and a Avengers Pro or pony up for the LE? Two Pro's are sounding better to me right now. I may be living too much in the past with pricing and have not come to accept the inflation that has occurred during the last couple of years. It is becoming more difficult to impress me nowadays and I also have the patience now to wait and actually play the game before pulling the trigger. Looks like a great game with a great theme that should sell well. It is on my radar and I can't wait to play it. Great job Stern!

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Doc is not your Typical Masshole

I think he was referring to nicoy3k.

But to be fair, I am from MA and I have been called me an asshole on occasion so I may resemble that remake.

I think ZY atwork looks fantastic BTW.

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Jeremy, don’t listen to this drivel about your awesome artwork! Most all of us love what you do and the passion you have for pinball! Both you and Franchi do the best work imo. What you’ve done on AIQ is far better than the old comic book artwork. Light years ahead. You’ve made the comic book come alive and vibrant with action.

Art is subjective, my drivel is as valid as your drivel. Love ZY work in Ghsotbusters and dead pool, hate this. It’s an opinion, deal with it.

I honestly don’t even think it’s the artists fault. I’m sure Marvel limited the creative freedom that ZY could take with this.

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

[quoted image]

I kind of agree with you; just because there is a lot going on, doesn't always mean it's great.

He might need to switch up his style some...ZY always gets mad props on Pinside, as does Elwin; so you had to know this comment would get met with some heat.

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

$600 slowly becoming the the new norm for a topper!? $999 for Elvira topper wow!!

#832 3 years ago

I’m not sure how the 3x3 grid works relating to the drop targets. If you need to hit a specific target to light a specific insert etc.

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

In fairness, I know nothing about the comic series, but the gauntlet looks terrible.
If anyone makes a mod, I’m buying it.

The issue is it's missing any sort of shading. Just flat yellow looks AWFUL. Also the washed out pastel gems?
3vvjB[1] (resized).jpg3vvjB[1] (resized).jpg
vs
f47a508881f2507b19a98c39a13d634a11909201[1] (resized).jpgf47a508881f2507b19a98c39a13d634a11909201[1] (resized).jpg

Can you really not tell the difference?

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The spinning disc on the Premium is cool but would like to hear the design team discuss how they have made and tested it to withstand a ball crashing into it in the up position( looks fragile) as well as how it will remain flush to the playfield when down.

I'm in on an LE, and I really hope someone asks this exact question to the design team during one of the streams. That small post is bound to take some very hard hits.

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Just flat yellow looks AWFUL

That can be easily fixed by just repainting and adding detail to it. I would not be surprised if Pinball Refinery or some other modder would offer up a service to repaint with more detail. Remember 'Sparky'-people brought him to life with a great paint job.

#836 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Sorry if I came off too harshly, a lot of good very hard work obviously went into the art for this pin. It just isn't for me. I love your work in ghsotbusters and Deadpool, especially ghostbusters. I think that’s the coolest art I’ve seen in a pin. This is a super tough theme to do because there is so much going on and its such a big license. I just don't feel like the your unique style is coming through in the art, I could be way off. You’re right about the dimly lit arcade thing, this will kill it there, though I’d venture to guess most of these are going into game rooms. My space is lit when I’m not playing pinball so I’m going to stare at those colors full on. I have a weird opinion on art, I love JOhnny craps work on JP even though most here hated it.

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That can be easily fixed by just repainting and adding detail to it. I would not be surprised if Pinball Refinery or some other modder would offer up a service to repaint with more detail. Remember 'Sparky'-people brought him to life with a great paint job.

Perhaps, but with it being perfectly smooth, there's no real detail to add shading to. It still won't look great. The gems will still be whitewashed looking as well.

#838 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

especially ghostbusters

Had a non-pinhead over last weekend and he stared at the art on my Ghostbusters for several minutes. I have to admit-probably my favorite art package. Pinball is art and ZY is one of the best!

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure how the 3x3 grid works relating to the drop targets. If you need to hit a specific target to light a specific insert etc.

Been talking with friends on this. Currently theory based on info from Keith:

Each row cycles the inserts like TWD. Hit the drop for the row to lock in the award. When you clear the bank the three awards that were locked in are awarded. If you make a bingo line, the LCD awards another award as well.

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

The issue is it's missing any sort of shading. Just flat yellow looks AWFUL. Also the washed out pastel gems?
[quoted image]
vs
[quoted image]
Can you really not tell the difference?

Is that the final Gauntlet though?
Didn't early pics of TMNT have a prototype glider toy because the production version wasn't done yet?.

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Been talking with friends on this. Currently theory based on info from Keith:
Each row cycles the inserts like TWD. Hit the drop for the row to lock in the award. When you clear the bank the three awards that were locked in are awarded. If you make a bingo line, the LCD awards another award as well.

Sounds overly complicated to me...

I think this is Elwin's major flaw so far as a designer...Sometimes keeping it simple is better. No need to unnecessarily over-complicate things; in JP, that's what made me end up selling mine.

He's got killer flow in his games, I think I want to see him dumb it down a bit; that's my 2 cents...He's one of the best players in the world, so no doubt, he makes pins he would love to play forever, but I want to see more simplicity in his rule-set for Avengers.

#842 3 years ago

Prepare to be disappointed. This game is going to be just like JP and Maiden imo.

Taking three drop targets and adding that much weight to them is awesome. Can’t wait to see more.

There will be plenty of stuff close to the start button like his other games I’m sure.

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they should call that spinner the Jpop. Since it's TOTANs lamp and CV's ringmaster all combined into 1.

Weren't those things that Jpop just stole from older games though?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Sounds overly complicated to me...
I think this is Elwin's major flaw so far as a designer...Sometimes keeping it simple is better. No need to unnecessarily over-complicate things; in JP, that's what made me end up selling mine.
He's got killer flow in his games, I think I want to see him dumb it down a bit; that's my 2 cents...He's one of the best players in the world, so no doubt, he makes pins he would love to play forever, but I want to see more simplicity in his rule-set for Avengers.

Ok just out of interest. What is it that you find complicated in JP? In my opinion it's pretty straightforward. It has a lot of depht or different things to do for sure. But the main draw for visitor center is pretty straightforward in my opinion.

#845 3 years ago

This pin looks innovative and creative. It’s what we need more of in pinball. The art is amazing. Not surprising from Yeti. I do wish lori illusion or some other modder would make a gauntlet like this.....

9A13B78A-0B24-4EA0-825D-416CF133EA22 (resized).jpeg9A13B78A-0B24-4EA0-825D-416CF133EA22 (resized).jpeg
#846 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Prepare to be disappointed. This game is going to be just like JP and Maiden imo.

You know what I really like about Elwin's designs so far is replacing the standard center bash toy design with a third flipper game that has more creative ramp configurations that happen to flow really well. I am digging his style-I love ramps and I love flow.

#847 3 years ago

ZY: your art is the prettiest art of all the art

IMG-3111 (resized).jpgIMG-3111 (resized).jpg

my replacement glove

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Typical Masshole

Not originally form here but the area rubs off on you

#849 3 years ago

The pin is based off of the cartoon/animation series, the only comic book with this art style is the Avengers' Comic that is tied into the cartoon series. It is a different look than the X-men pin which has art from/inspired by the actual comics.

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Sorry if I came off too harshly, I love your work in ghsotbusters and Deadpool, especially ghostbusters. I think that’s the coolest art I’ve seen in a pin. This is a super tough theme to do because there is so much going on. You’re right about the dimly lit arcade thing, though I’d venture to guess most of these are going into game rooms. My space is lit when I’m not playing pinball so I’m going to stare at those colors full on. I have a weird opinion on art, I love JOhnny craps work on JP even though most here hated it.

I don't 'hate' many things. I reserve it for very very bad things like 'death' and 'taxes'. But it is pinside & I understand hyperbole is like oxygen here...

That said - if you love Ghostbusters & Deadpool (and hate TMNT I assume?) I'd hope you'd reserve judgement until you see it in real life at scale vs reacting to photos and videos... BUT I ONLY ask that you don't miss out on Keith's best game because of my shortcomings on the project... The schedule was tight coming off of TMNT, but I did my best to use the time I had.

And to the folks being supportive: I will always greatly appreciate your support. I'm always my worst critic so I try to put in the extra effort in hopes that you feel like you get your money's worth regardless of my choices (as these machines aren't cheap I've heard!)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Scranton, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 300.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
7,400 (Firm)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/17?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.