Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)
20201230_195950 (resized).jpg
20201230_121407 (resized).jpg
20201230_103902 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 55.
#701 3 years ago

I'm kind of meh on any comic book themes at this point, but DAMN this playfield along with the ZY art is second to none!! I realize this just came out, but I have been around long enough to know something special when I see it. This playfield layout could easily make this the greatest game of all time before all is said and done. Seriously, the competition has to be shaking in their boots and just happy as can be the Stern factory is not at 100%; otherwise they would all be losing an even bigger bite of their business. No effing way GNR or RAZA holds a candle to the gameplay on AIQ going head to head and especially not after a head start of being first to market. Normally I would not make a definitive statement like that, but Keith is the new King and this playfield looks that good.

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

The wireforms are good but Oktoberfest has crazy wireforms. I think Elwin just makes a really good layout.

Bruh, did you not see that Captain Marvel ramp and how it looks like a superhero flying up, curving around, which interwinds with the Infinity Gauntlet that brilliantly feeds the upper flipper. The balls are flying all around the playfield.

And unlike Oktoberfest, people will regularly see it in action.

#703 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will probably be 3-4 years old and have 10k plays on it. Cool?

Deal, assuming I don't get one between now and then.

#704 3 years ago

I really like that the bottom of the pf isn't littered with inserts. That lower Avengers artwork is incredible! The minimalist Infinity stone inserts in the middle look perfect to me.
Hoping this equates to a slightly simpler rule set lol.

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I really like that the bottom of the pf isn't littered with inserts. That lower Avengers artwork is incredible! The minimalist Infinity stone inserts in the middle look perfect to me.
Hoping this equates to a slightly simpler rule set lol.

Haha. Keep dreaming.

#706 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Just a difference of opinion but I think this game looks like a step backwards for Stern in general. Yes from a shooting standpoint many might be excited but bringing the theme of the Avengers to pinball was a miss. Yet another game where there is no tie in to what made the game possible in the first place... do you think Stern would have ever made a DEADPOOL game had it not been for the movie. Let me go one further almost NO ONE but the geek comic book fan had ever heard of Guardians of the Galaxy. The pinball was made possible by the movies and the pinball reflects that why not with Avengers and Deadpool? We got another JP game but its not based on the movie either but at least you got the coolest toy ever with a T-REX swallowing your ball... what do you get here that makes you go OH YEAH AVENGERS!
From a shooting standpoint or the roller coaster type rails it might be amazing but from a theming standpoint it's a miss a total miss.
To me Stern is showing a new direction with license skip the expensive part (movie clips) and create your own version which is probably cheaper. If you don't mind a theme that was clearly inspired by a movie only to get a comic version that's fine, but if you want the theme to reflect what made the game possible then Stern needs to invest more into the license itself. Stern would NOT have made yet another AVENGERS game had it not been for Avengers Infinity Wars making so much money. Stern is trying to cash in on the success of the film without delivering the the film itself.
Virtually no one had heard of Avengers until the first movie, we know Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, the movies made Avengers, Guardians, Deadpool, Suicide Squad popular which is why Stern wanted to make a pinball game. Same with the Turtles no tie in to the movies this is a trend if you ask me.
So maybe I'm in the minority and that's fine but there are many out there who love the THEMING aspect of games and this misses big league.
Look at the new trend from Stern license something which was made popular by movies skip licensing the movies clips and artwork and create your own version which saves a ton of movie. Batman 66 is one of my favorite games when you play it you feel like a kid again. If you're a fan of Star Wars how can you be disappointed with essentially the entire movie was made available to create the World of Star Wars.
Just my opinion.

This is where pinball browser can come in handy. Drop in your own vids, actor voices and music from Infinity War and Endgame and you’ve basically imported the movies into the pin.

#707 3 years ago

At first glance I thought they were Infinity stone inserts because of the colors. They are actually Avengers inserts, my bad. There goes the "easier rule set" bullshit.

#708 3 years ago

In my opinion, removing the captain marvel ramp is mutilating the pro model, they should enhance the premium model or remove toys on pro model, only toys, but not remove a central ramp, that ramp is the largest and most spectacular novelty that I have seen since Jurassic park, of course I have totally lost interest in this pinball and will buy a dead pool pro.

1599089483-picsay (resized).jpg1599089483-picsay (resized).jpg
#709 3 years ago

This game looks good. But frankly, what concerns me more about this game than anything else is the voiceovers. X-Men was kind of a train wreck for voices...you look at that game and it has great rules, great art, good shooting, etc and nobody wants it because the voices are so bad, lol.

I'd have to hear the sound package first. Really, this seems like the perfect game for a replacement sound package using the movies. But I thought that for X-Men and it never got done.

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

This game looks good. But frankly, what concerns me more about this game than anything else is the voiceovers. X-Men was kind of a train wreck for voices...you look at that game and it has great rules, great art, good shooting, etc and nobody wants it because the voices are so bad, lol.
I'd have to hear the sound package first. Really, this seems like the perfect game for a replacement sound package using the movies. But I thought that for X-Men and it never got done.

How many years ago was X-men ?

And it has the left side of the pf taken up by the Gomez bash toy

He fixed it on TWD

#711 3 years ago
Quoted from dino69:

In my opinion, removing the captain marvel ramp is mutilating the pro model, they should enhance the premium model or remove toys on pro model, only toys, but not remove a central ramp, that ramp is the largest and most spectacular novelty that I have seen since Jurassic park, of course I have totally lost interest in this pinball and will buy a dead pool pro.
[quoted image]

Deadpool pro is missing a ramp over the premium as well......

#712 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm really looking forward to a cooler looking shooter rod from the mod community. I mean, the clear Jewel add on is nice, but really similar to my JP Amber except no bug and clear...

Look at it again

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Deadpool pro is missing a ramp over the premium as well......

You're fucking up his shitty story....

Answer = buy a premium

#714 3 years ago

I am really loving the comic book art on recent machines. My biggest reason for ordering LEs is the backglass - they look so awesome when compared to a translite. HUGE marvel/comic book/avengers film/avengers cartoon fan, so couldn't be more excited about this.

#715 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Elwin has shown more mechanical innovation and creativity within the same BOM constraints than everyone else at Stern combined. Stern captured lightening in a bottle...now they need to repeat it again and send one of the old cows off into retirement.

Fortunately, they don't take advice from you. Myself and many on Pinside enjoy Ritchie and Borg games immensely.

#716 3 years ago

Man, definitely am interested in Prem or LE (where do I put another damn game!!!)..

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Boom boom. In those guys I trust
Elwin and Neagle have made it into the circle of trust

trust.giftrust.gif
#718 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I am really loving the comic book art on recent machines. My biggest reason for ordering LEs is the backglass - they look so awesome when compared to a translite. HUGE marvel/comic book/avengers film/avengers cartoon fan, so couldn't be more excited about this.

Yep that's the biggest draw on the LE for me too. I think I I'll survive though.

#719 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

X-Men was kind of a train wreck for voices...

It's not that bad. People over reacted and now it's a thing. The few of the voices are not great. But the other 20 or so are fine.

#720 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

This is where pinball browser can come in handy. Drop in your own vids, actor voices and music from Infinity War and Endgame and you’ve basically imported the movies into the pin.

Who's gonna tell him

#721 3 years ago

According to the podcast, Marvel chose and recorded the voice actors, Stern just provided the script. So if they suck it is on Marvel.

#722 3 years ago

If you look at the features matrix, stern lists in the "LE ONLY" section that the cabinet artwork is unique to the LE model. Yet, in the pictures, the LE and Premium have the same artwork. Am I misunderstanding something??

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

It's not that bad. People over reacted and now it's a thing. The few of the voices are not great. But the other 20 or so are fine.

Yup. It doesn't even bother me anymore.

#724 3 years ago

All I can say is WOW. This one has some cool gadgets. Not really up on the Marvel stuff but this pinball machine looks awesome, and I don't use that word often.
I hope it doesn't take a rocket scientist to keep all that tech humming.

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yep that's the biggest draw on the LE for me too. I think I I'll survive though.

So true. The only part of an LE that can't be imported to a premium.

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If you look at the features matrix, stern lists in the "LE ONLY" section that the cabinet artwork is unique to the LE model. Yet, in the pictures, the LE and Premium have the same artwork. Am I misunderstanding something??

Yeah the LE is the "mirrored" backglass. Similar to what they did with TMNT LE. So technically it is the same art, but it has the mirrored outline effect.

#727 3 years ago

Can't figure out why I care so much about mirrored backglass.

Which is a feature only apparent when the game is turned off. Crazy.

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

According to the podcast, Marvel chose and recorded the voice actors, Stern just provided the script. So if they suck it is on Marvel.

we've heard that song before.. and frankly it doesn't ease anyone's concerns

#729 3 years ago

So the game looks awesome and I'm in on one. But I noticed something looking at the premium/le. There's basically three ramps (not counting the one along the back board). The right ramp (Capt. Marvel) returns to the right flipper. Although it misses the inlane rollover. The left (Black Widow)returns to the left flipper. And the center returns to the upper flipper. So, you can combo ramps like ST or IM. It wasn't super obvious at first. I'm sure the flow is a bit different. There may also be diverters or something I'm not seeing. But yeah. Right ramp to right flipper. Left ramp to left flipper. There's nothing wrong with it. I just thought it was different until I really looked.

I'm so totally stoked for this game though. Man, dream come true!

#730 3 years ago

im only mad about the price hikes...

#731 3 years ago
Quoted from dino69:

[quoted image]

Interesting as I am of the exact opposite opinion. Really liking the short turn around spinner shot like from
BW. Also feel that upside down ramp is likely to not work as well in real world as it does on promo and pro players.

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern does a great job on the LE side blades. And they are high quality too. Does anyone know if the accessory art blades are of the same material?

i would say no. i got tilt ones for jp. wasn't that impressed with putting them on. a PIA. i think the ones i have on the le dp seem like better material

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

im only mad about the price hikes...

What are people getting for "street price" quotes on these? I want a Pro but not for $6k.

#734 3 years ago

Premium $7395 shipped

#735 3 years ago

The background behind Thanos on the cabinet is different between the premium and LE, and I think he backbox sides are different.

#736 3 years ago

“Balls to the wall “

7F1F729C-3B56-4A4E-B983-1612F1CD3353 (resized).jpeg7F1F729C-3B56-4A4E-B983-1612F1CD3353 (resized).jpeg
#737 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i got tilt ones for jp. wasn't that impressed with putting them on. a PIA.

I put art blades on a pin once and also found it difficult and would have agreed with you at the time. A friend and I basically held the playfield out of the cabin and carefully installed. PIA.

Later on though I saw an op put blades on in under 5 minutes just lifting the playfield and using a little spray of soapy water to slide them in place. Would definitely recommend anyone getting blades look into this technique.

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Yeah the LE is the "mirrored" backglass. Similar to what they did with TMNT LE. So technically it is the same art, but it has the mirrored outline effect.

Not the backglass, the cabinet artwork

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Look at it again

I give up, I'm not seeing it. I'm looking on my phone so I may be missing it. I see the white lights and the oblong jewel

#740 3 years ago

The art on the LE cabinet has different background colors than the premium. That’s all it takes I guess

#741 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The background behind Thanos on the cabinet is different between the premium and LE, and I think he backbox sides are different.

I see now. I just saw that big ol Thanos head and the yellow armor threw me off. They are very similar, but different

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I give up, I'm not seeing it. I'm looking on my phone so I may be missing it. I see the white lights and the oblong jewel

Watch video ..a light vibrates inside somehow looks incredible

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Premium $7395 shipped

Where are you finding it for that price please?

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Interesting as I am of the exact opposite opinion. Really liking the short turn around spinner shot like from
BW.

I agree.

Quoted from taylor34:

But frankly, what concerns me more about this game than anything else is the voiceovers.

Same here, I'm gonna have to wait and hear this game in action. If its anywhere near as bad as X men or GOTG I'll have to wait till it gets fixed.

#745 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

BW. Also feel that upside down ramp is likely to not work as well in real world as it does on promo and pro players.

They said that about the Deadpool ramp and it never turned out to be an issue.

I said that about the Deadpool ramp and it never turned out to be an issue.

#746 3 years ago

So Melissa just told me her LE's sold out in 10 minutes (?)...good grief. I normally buy NIB from Mike, but wanted to get one from her this time...are they really all gone already?

Didn't even dig enough to see how many were even being offered

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Watch video ..a light vibrates inside somehow looks incredible

Looks like the led lights are controlled. They pulse in the video. Maybe they are even rgb?

#748 3 years ago
Quoted from dino69:

[quoted image]

Haha. That short post took me on a rollercoaster of emotions.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i would say no. i got tilt ones for jp. wasn't that impressed with putting them on. a PIA. i think the ones i have on the le dp seem like better material

I meant the stern ones not a mod company. The LE stern blades are almost As thick as grip tape.

#750 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Didn't even dig enough to see how many were even being offered

500 total. AFAIK 40 down here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
7,400 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/15?hl=napoleon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.