Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 56.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Not sure what is up with pinball companies using Donkey Kong Banana yellow.

Hard to tell in the photos, but it's sparkly. Probably looks better in person.

#652 3 years ago

Has Stern released Prem and LE models with the same artwork before? Strange. Just the color difference right?

#653 3 years ago

Nice to see everyone excited about wireframes and a ramp the width that occupies half the playfield and makes sure you don't have to put anything in the back of the play field. So its a can't miss shot. Bar.....set...low. They literally cut 1/4 of the playing area give you less space to work with, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

#654 3 years ago

I will be getting a premium in about two years when i I can save up enough money. Lol. I am a big fan of ramps and it has it in spades. I definitely don’t regret getting my TMNT but this game looks like it’s going to be a big seller. Marvel is way more relevant today then TMNT.

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Nice to see everyone excited about wireframes and a ramp the width of half the playfield so its a can't miss shot. Bar.....set...low.

Wireframes?

frame (resized).pngframe (resized).png
#657 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Will you accept offers from shitty distributors?

God no! I am still waiting on a LOT of money from the guy I used to buy from. I got TMNT off of JJ at Colorado Game Exchange and I was completely down with their service but it sounds like they are out of LEs for this one.

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That was my first reaction too. Not that I think it's ugly, but it's a bit too much. Too bad the LE backglass isn't unique..
Rob

Yeah, I usually try the virtual approach but these things are getting harder and harder to procure. I love the LEs…but don’t care about the limited-ness. I wish it was just a SKU for a “complete” game.

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, I usually try the virtual approach but these things are getting harder and harder to procure. I love the LEs…but don’t care about the limited-ness. I wish it was just a SKU for a “complete” game.

Then get a Premium. It's the same game.

Unless you care about limited-ness.

#660 3 years ago

Hasbro's Thanos Infinity Gauntlet is pretty awesome. We have one and everyone is amazed by it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071WT4KLM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Then get a Premium. It's the same game.
Unless you care about limited-ness.

Or getting the game 60 days earlier.

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Has Stern released Prem and LE models with the same artwork before? Strange. Just the color difference right?

I kind of wish they would have made the Thanos package exclusive for the LE and had the Premium/Pro share the same art package maybe with some slight variations. I like Thanos but would rather have an art package with all of the Avengers on it for the Premium model. It's kind of like if they would have put the Slimer version on both the GB Premium and LE.

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Or getting the game 60 days earlier.

Damn 62 days?

By then there will be another Stern game out!

#664 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Hasbro's Thanos Infinity Gauntlet is pretty awesome. We have one and everyone is amazed by it.
amazon.com link »

Too bad it's way too big for the game. I'm sure a proper sized one will be located.

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn 62 days?

Pretty much. I think TNMT Premiums started arriving recently. Keep the factory going!

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It looks like the ball guides have a new design that has raised them up off the playfield and they only make contact at the connection points. I can't tell from all the angles, but it appears that guides digging into the playfield should be a thing of the past. Hope this is correct!

The Pro features video also shows artwork gone around the sling and outlane posts... but ALSO from where the apron contacts the outlanes. This is obviously a reactive move on Stern's part. Hopefully they have the other PF issues figured out.

Also, to be completely nit picky, but the Pro video recycles some of the Prem/LE clips, so at one point you see a metal apron, and when IRON MB is shown, there's clearly 3 wireforms coming back to the flippers, one of which is the Prem/LE Capt. Marvel ramp. They should really ensure what is in the video is actually what you're buying.

#667 3 years ago

Looks like there will be no need for a cliffy around the spinning mech. Happy to see the potential wear area addressed straight from the factory.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#668 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Hawkeye challenge modes with a limited number of flips ball save on, you drop flips until you hit a shot which adds some, but if you drain you lose flips but get the ball back....

Well this mode sounds interesting. If I'm understanding correctly, you can build up a limited number of flips for the Hawkeye mode, just like building up arrows in Hawkeye's quiver. Then you have to make your shots on the playfield. Every flip is an arrow used. It's probably tied into some super-X-way-combo variation of ramp & loop shots.

This is why I really enjoy Keith's coding/scoring ideas. Take something as basic as flipping & turn it into something unique.

#669 3 years ago

I thought JJP might also release some info today and try to steal some of the thunder.

Good one, right?

Once again, well done, Stern.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

The mad man did it. They made a game to rival the wireforms of Baywatch.
wow.
Premium/LE is gonna be HUGE. I can't imagine people are going to look at the layouts and go for Pro if they have the means for Premium.

Definitely going pro if I get one. I’ve seen both games. Haha. Just not a dream theme and if the game blows me away and becomes a keeper I’ll get a used premium way down the road.

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn 62 days?

remember beginning in 2008, when in a 3 year period we got a measly 2 new titles from the only remaining pinball manufacturer? and those were 24 and CSI. We'll never get those years back!

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely going pro if I get one. I’ve seen both games. Haha. Just not a dream theme and if the game blows me away and becomes a keeper I’ll get a used premium way down the road.

Dibs on your used Pro

#673 3 years ago

Future plans for a premium. Not a fan of the yellow. I need those stern art blades and side armor too!

Avengers_InfinityQuest_PurplePremium (resized).jpgAvengers_InfinityQuest_PurplePremium (resized).jpg
#674 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

When Stern did Walking Dead they still hadn't made the transition to full color screens, which is a shame who wouldn't love to get a Ghostbusters with movies clips for example. Their first game with movie clips in full color was Batman 66 I think and WOW if you're a fan of that TV show you'll never sell that game.
I'm pointing out a new trend by Stern, getting a cheaper version of a license and creating their own World. We heard if they did Jaws it would be the same deal their own version of Jaws.. but do we really want that? Many companies have come out with video games based on Jaws where sharks go around eating people, all those games bombed.
What makes Jaws special is the film itself.
Deadpool was made popular by the movie so was Guardians.
Look at all the games in a row now where they licensed something and skipped out on gaining clips from the films... its a trend. Avengers was made popular by the films and I think we want to see the a FILM version of Avengers not a cartoon!
Just my opinion.

You mean like POTC with no movie clips? Or Wonka with video with no sound and sound with no video? Or the rumoured Toy Story with no Tom Hanks and minimal assets?

B66, Star Wars, Munsters, GOTG and Stranger Things would suggest that your theory doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I don't know about your but when I'm flipping the ball I'm not exactly focused on the screen and since price of these games is a consideration I'd rather there was more ball and flipper action and stuff on the play field with the right callouts than bozo clips from a movie or show that if I want to watch I can put the telly on and watch them.

And as you clearly had forgotten. Avengers was huge in comics and then the video game world long before the movies came out. Jurassic Park was a best selling book long before the movies selling millions of copies. Ready Player One... etc etc.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Dibs on your used Pro

It will probably be 3-4 years old and have 10k plays on it. Cool?

#676 3 years ago

stern is just killing it right now. i'm pulling for the other companies to make fresh games and get more variety. but looking at avengers, it has all kinds of new stuff, the ramps looks great, artwork is awesome. etc.. i was thinking to get cactus canyon (if that is indeed the next chicago game), but this game is light years ahead of other games and that. and if i'm a betting man, i'm sure the sounds and animation are going to be top notch, and so is the code (at some point). don't know if mr. keith designs all the layouts himself, but his ideas are fresh and different.

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Nice to see everyone excited about wireframes and a ramp the width that occupies half the playfield and makes sure you don't have to put anything in the back of the play field. So its a can't miss shot. Bar.....set...low. They literally cut 1/4 of the playing area give you less space to work with, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

JC your an a**hole.

#678 3 years ago

Theme was just ok for me... until the trailer! LE is ordered. Now I need to move one out: Pro Met, LE HOH, or Prem IM? I think IM might be bolted to the floor

#679 3 years ago

Out of room, but after watching that trailer I need it. Dukfciykxduyxuzjhtxzjtzjttz!!!!

#680 3 years ago

At least with Elwin you’re not playing the code lottery. For me it’s Elwin or Sheats from now on. Full. Stop.

Now to find an EHOH.

#681 3 years ago

Never bought NIB before, ordered the premium. How long until stern or somebody will have those art blades up for sale? Like to get them ordered asap.

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

JC your an a**hole.

Trying to fit in. I guess its working!

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

Never bought NIB before, ordered the premium. How long until stern or somebody will have those art blades up for sale? Like to get them ordered asap.

Personally...I would go for mirror blades over art blades. Art blades just give a "shoebox" feeling to me....anybody else feel that way?

With all of the wireframes and LED lighting, I think this would look great with mirror blades.

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

At least with Elwin you’re not playing the code lottery. For me it’s Elwin or Sheats from now on. Full. Stop.
Now to find an EHOH.

Boom boom. In those guys I trust

Elwin and Neagle have made it into the circle of trust

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Can someone hire Lior to start working on a replacement for the gauntlet? Ugg, looks terrible.
[quoted image]

I just wrote a paragraph and DELETED it. What a turd looking gauntlet. Game looks to be a better shooter that average. If you can live with stern code this could be fun for a few months.

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Personally...I would go for mirror blades over art blades. Art blades just give a "shoebox" feeling to me....anybody else feel that way?
With all of the wireframes and LED lighting, I think this would look great with mirror blades.

I see what you are saying for sure, but i think the art on side blades of the LE looks like it really matches well with the theme.

#687 3 years ago

Stern does a great job on the LE side blades. And they are high quality too. Does anyone know if the accessory art blades are of the same material?

#688 3 years ago

Why is everyone calling them wireframes?

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Bad form I guess.

#690 3 years ago

MODs for this machine will be unreal.

#691 3 years ago

When I saw this ramp in the trailer I was like FFFuugg....

Keith Elwin is the man!

vert ramp (resized).JPGvert ramp (resized).JPG
#692 3 years ago

Been a while since I have bought new, who are the better distributors these days, Trent, JJ, Cointaker? I sent a request for email last night to one I thought was recommended but I haven't seen anything from them yet. They must be swamped, so I will give them the benefit here. I am liking what I see in the trailers, can't wait for the live stream.

#693 3 years ago

Bad form...LOL

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

When I saw this ramp in the trailer I was like FFFuugg....
Keith Elwin is the man!
[quoted image]

He’s like the mad scientist of wireform.

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Now to find an EHOH.

Are you in for a Avengers LE? If the game sold out straight away in the USA I think Australia will not be far behind?

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

MODs for this machine will be unreal.

I'm really looking forward to a cooler looking shooter rod from the mod community. I mean, the clear Jewel add on is nice, but really similar to my JP Amber except no bug and clear...

#697 3 years ago

Always best to just call then so they can give you quote over the phone.

Quoted from sp005:

Been a while since I have bought new, who are the better distributors these days, Trent, JJ, Cointaker? I sent a request for email last night to one I thought was recommended but I haven't seen anything from them yet. They must be swamped, so I will give them the benefit here. I am liking what I see in the trailers, can't wait for the live stream.

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

LOL

s-l1000 (resized).jpgs-l1000 (resized).jpg
#699 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Future plans for a premium. Not a fan of the yellow. I need those stern art blades and side armor too!
[quoted image]

Exactly where my head was

#700 3 years ago

The wireforms are good but Oktoberfest has crazy wireforms. I think Elwin just makes a really good layout.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 19.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/14?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.