Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 56.
#601 3 years ago

Game looks amazing! I didn't know if it was possible to improve on Maiden and JP2, but that could very well be the case. I'm most likely in for a Pro in 2021! I like that art package the best and it seems like a great value Pro. Plus, 2 spinners is better than 1!

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It depends on what you value. BM66 has much better art/theme/display in my personal opinion. this seems likely to have much better layout and probably rules based on keiths track record.

Better layout, definitely, but those BM66 rules are unbelievably good.

#603 3 years ago

I want that premium in my house asap

Screenshot_20200902-151012_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200902-151012_Chrome (resized).jpg
#604 3 years ago

Yup that’s what makes this hard if you want to snag an LE!!

#605 3 years ago

I’m kind of tired of up posts to stop ball rather than magnet. I mean both are good but it seems as if Stern doesn’t do magnets for ball stop.

#606 3 years ago

Damn this game looks good! How can you go wrong with Elwin and Zombie Yeti?
I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger on my 2nd NIB, this will look great next to my Deadpool!
Not sure if Pro or Premium yet...

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Wow, that premium/LE halfpipe style ramp is awesome. So is the lifting spinner that takes you to the subway that has windows that allow you to see your ball traveling down there. Way cool Elwin!!!

Basically looks like a longer version of the hammer lock on Prem/LE Metallica.

But that small rod that lifts the disc seems like a natural point of early failure from taking ball hits. Seems way too thin for the abuse it will get.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m kind of tired of up posts to stop ball rather than magnet. I mean both are good but it seems as if Stern doesn’t do magnets for ball stop.

Borg does. I think it's Elwins choice. Up-post is probably cheaper which means crazier wireforms in exchange.

#610 3 years ago

I’m now finding out how gut wrenching this hobby can be .Long story but I have 2 pins and I’m down to if I want this NIB I have to sell my IMDNprem .Ive only had it since June and am a Maiden fan plus I’m into Egyptian art .I just went downstairs n played a couple now I’m gonna sleep on it tonight .Im ok w the comic book theme personally as the artwork is brilliant ,but all signs point at this being a “players classic”.Wow!!! So much to unpack here .Any help would be appreciated as I’m a newb as of March this year and don’t want to get giddy.

#611 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Who is on rules ?? LEs sold out ??

Keith on rules.

The lock mech under the playfield seems just like flight 2k.

#612 3 years ago

I'm in, little burnt out by comic/marvel themes but this one looks pretty good and loved every Elwin game so far.

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Keith on rules.

I guess I mean who is the programmer ?

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m now finding out how gut wrenching this hobby can be .Long story but I have 2 pins and I’m down to if I want this NIB I have to sell my IMDNprem .Ive only had it since June and am a Maiden fan plus I’m into Egyptian art .I just went downstairs n played a couple now I’m gonna sleep on it tonight .Im ok w the comic book theme personally as the artwork is brilliant ,but all signs point at this being a “players classic”.Wow!!! So much to unpack here .Any help would be appreciated as I’m a newb as of March this year and don’t want to get giddy.

My best advice. SLOW down. This game will be produced for years. Go to Fort Wayne and put some good time on it. Jump in later if you still want it. They will be available left and right new and used for a very long time. I’ve been collecting for over 6 years and have only bought 3 NIB games. It’s awesome, but better to be patient and not regret having to sell something you currently love.

#615 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I guess I mean who is the programmer ?

The same guy he has used on his other games. Nagle I think is his name.

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Word of advice. If you are not an LE type buyer just wait till you can play the game or at least see several different video's before making a decision of selling a game you enjoy vs buying a new one. Every game will be different and people don't always like the same things. Sucks to sell a game you enjoyed to get one you wind up not liking as much. Not saying that will be the case here but something I learned along the way which has kept me pretty happy in my time in the hobby. This is especially true for those with limited space or $$$.

As for this game. Looking forward to some videos. As much as I love smooth shooting games the callouts and music is what gets me going along with the shots.

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

They'll be selling this game NIB for years' so you don't have to buy now. I just bought my JP Prem in June. Going to enjoy that and sell a couple of my other games over the Winter months and then pick up an Avengers next year once the code is further along and any potential bugs are worked out. If you can stay away from first run games it is usually for the best from a quality perspective. My first run Maiden had clearcoat issues and the early JP games did as well. Early Turtles seem to have print quality issues. It may be something with trying to build so many games in such a tight timeframe? Later run games are usually smaller quantities and higher quality and sometimes have fixes in place to fix the early issues.

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In the podcast, Keith Elwin joked about it being Gary Stern's favorite mech as he was selling him on the subway idea.

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My best advice. SLOW down. This game will be produced for years. Go to Fort Wayne and put some good time on it. Jump in later if you still want it. They will be available left and right new and used for a very long time. I’ve been collecting for over 6 years and have only bought 3 NIB games. It’s awesome, but better to be patient and not regret having to sell something you currently love.

That is sound advice...Dont have FOMO...lots of gmaes to be had and you will enjoy it more if you do slow down.I learned some hard financial lessons from jumping in and out of new shinys too quickly.

#620 3 years ago

Any suggestions as to where I can buy back box rub strips to match the yellow metal work on the LE game? And, a good way to change them out with damaging the game? Thanks for any thoughts.

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Any suggestions as to where I can buy back box rub strips to match the yellow metal work on the LE game? And, a good way to change them out with damaging the game? Thanks for any thoughts.

If by rub strips you mean T-molding. Then you can go to T-molding.com

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Keep IMDN. There will be plenty of time to get an Avengers if it looks as good as it seems after some gameplay videos. Yeah my Deadpool and Twilight Zone aren't going anywhere, but since my space is maxed at 5... DE Jurassic Park, Independence Day or Space Station may have to go to make room for this sweet looking pin!

#623 3 years ago

Thanks guys as I’m new n you all just reassured my gut feeling .Looks unreal can’t wait to play at our local arcade .Best to all !!

#624 3 years ago

the tower is like smart missile from JP2 - Hawkeye challenge
modes with a limited number of flips ball save on, you drop flips until you hit a shot which adds some, but if you drain you lose flips but get the ball back...
Raymond Davidson worked on the code also.
marvel's talent does the voices.
pro has new light design that adds depth of field effect.

#625 3 years ago

Just a difference of opinion but I think this game looks like a step backwards for Stern in general. Yes from a shooting standpoint many might be excited but bringing the theme of the Avengers to pinball was a miss. Yet another game where there is no tie in to what made the game possible in the first place... do you think Stern would have ever made a DEADPOOL game had it not been for the movie. Let me go one further almost NO ONE but the geek comic book fan had ever heard of Guardians of the Galaxy. The pinball was made possible by the movies and the pinball reflects that why not with Avengers and Deadpool? We got another JP game but its not based on the movie either but at least you got the coolest toy ever with a T-REX swallowing your ball... what do you get here that makes you go OH YEAH AVENGERS!

From a shooting standpoint or the roller coaster type rails it might be amazing but from a theming standpoint it's a miss a total miss.

To me Stern is showing a new direction with license skip the expensive part (movie clips) and create your own version which is probably cheaper. If you don't mind a theme that was clearly inspired by a movie only to get a comic version that's fine, but if you want the theme to reflect what made the game possible then Stern needs to invest more into the license itself. Stern would NOT have made yet another AVENGERS game had it not been for Avengers Infinity Wars making so much money. Stern is trying to cash in on the success of the film without delivering the the film itself.

Virtually no one had heard of Avengers until the first movie, we know Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, the movies made Avengers, Guardians, Deadpool, Suicide Squad popular which is why Stern wanted to make a pinball game. Same with the Turtles no tie in to the movies this is a trend if you ask me.

So maybe I'm in the minority and that's fine but there are many out there who love the THEMING aspect of games and this misses big league.

Look at the new trend from Stern license something which was made popular by movies skip licensing the movies clips and artwork and create your own version which saves a ton of movie. Batman 66 is one of my favorite games when you play it you feel like a kid again. If you're a fan of Star Wars how can you be disappointed with essentially the entire movie was made available to create the World of Star Wars.

Just my opinion.

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Really as others have said no rush. You can buy this down the road.

You will miss out on the initial newness but otherwise it’s still going to be around.

I got SW 2 years after it was released no big deal.

#627 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Virtually no one had heard of Avengers until the first movie, we know Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, the movies made Avengers, Guardians, Deadpool, Suicide

Just my opinion.

theme is a total miss honestly man - lay off the blue pills.

#628 3 years ago

Think I want the premium. Need to see the Deadflip gameplay stream, hear the callouts. Also I like Zombie Yeti's art but as a lifelong Marvel reader I wouldnt have minded if they had hired a Bryan Hitch or Frank Quietly or any other working comic book artist for this.

#629 3 years ago

Funny about 5 used turtles just popped up in the market.

#630 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Just a difference of opinion but I think this game looks like a step backwards for Stern in general. Yes from a shooting standpoint many might be excited but bringing the theme of the Avengers to pinball was a miss. Yet another game where there is no tie in to what made the game possible in the first place... do you think Stern would have ever made a DEADPOOL game had it not been for the movie. Let me go one further almost NO ONE but the geek comic book fan had ever heard of Guardians of the Galaxy. The pinball was made possible by the movies and the pinball reflects that why not with Avengers and Deadpool? We got another JP game but its not based on the movie either but at least you got the coolest toy ever with a T-REX swallowing your ball... what do you get here that makes you go OH YEAH AVENGERS!
From a shooting standpoint or the roller coaster type rails it might be amazing but from a theming standpoint it's a miss a total miss.
To me Stern is showing a new direction with license skip the expensive part (movie clips) and create your own version which is probably cheaper. If you don't mind a theme that was clearly inspired by a movie only to get a comic version that's fine, but if you want the theme to reflect what made the game possible then Stern needs to invest more into the license itself. Stern would NOT have made yet another AVENGERS game had it not been for Avengers Infinity Wars making so much money. Stern is trying to cash in on the success of the film without delivering the the film itself.
Virtually no one had heard of Avengers until the first movie, we know Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, the movies made Avengers, Guardians, Deadpool, Suicide Squad popular which is why Stern wanted to make a pinball game. Same with the Turtles no tie in to the movies this is a trend if you ask me.
So maybe I'm in the minority and that's fine but there are many out there who love the THEMING aspect of games and this misses big league.
Look at the new trend from Stern license something which was made popular by movies skip licensing the movies clips and artwork and create your own version which saves a ton of movie. Batman 66 is one of my favorite games when you play it you feel like a kid again. If you're a fan of Star Wars how can you be disappointed with essentially the entire movie was made available to create the World of Star Wars.
Just my opinion.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Yes SW has 350 movie clips or whatever number. That’s great put that at the top of the list.

But games like TWD is loosely based on the TV show no character voices or tv clips but it’s still great.

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Just my opinion.

I'm actually more excited that it is based on the comics... and I love the movies.

BTW - the original T-Rex eating a ball was done by Data East Jurassic Park in 1993. I agree the assets to the Stern JP are lacking considerably. I have the DE version and my wife calls the Stern version "the dinosaur game" since there isn't much Jurassic Park about it.

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Just my opinion.

I agree in the sense that it feels like the theme was slapped onto the game a bit. JP is special in the sense that key gameplay elements are part of the theme word- the truck, the t rex, the raptor pit, they are all there because they make sense with jurassic park. This avengers pin could have been a roller coaster tycoon 2 for all intents. I think the avengers theme is just hard to work with because its a mish mash of characters instead of a more contained and cohesive world.

#633 3 years ago

I have already an order in for an LE, but it was being designed for me... the LE would have the Premium art and the yellow powder coat would be replaced with a dark blue/purlple. The yellow makes it look a bit like a pack of Lemonheads. It is the only thing that made me think twice about getting a LE.

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Yes SW has 350 movie clips or whatever number. That’s great put that at the top of the list.

But games like TWD is loosely based on the TV show and it’s still great.

When Stern did Walking Dead they still hadn't made the transition to full color screens, which is a shame who wouldn't love to get a Ghostbusters with movies clips for example. Their first game with movie clips in full color was Batman 66 I think and WOW if you're a fan of that TV show you'll never sell that game.

I'm pointing out a new trend by Stern, getting a cheaper version of a license and creating their own World. We heard if they did Jaws it would be the same deal their own version of Jaws.. but do we really want that? Many companies have come out with video games based on Jaws where sharks go around eating people, all those games bombed.

What makes Jaws special is the film itself.

Deadpool was made popular by the movie so was Guardians.

Look at all the games in a row now where they licensed something and skipped out on gaining clips from the films... its a trend. Avengers was made popular by the films and I think we want to see the a FILM version of Avengers not a cartoon!

Just my opinion.

#635 3 years ago

It looks like the ball guides have a new design that has raised them up off the playfield and they only make contact at the connection points. I can't tell from all the angles, but it appears that guides digging into the playfield should be a thing of the past. Hope this is correct!

#636 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Funny about 5 used turtles just popped up in the market.

I’m seeing all kinds of shit listed over the past couple hours

#637 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Avengers was made popular by the films and I think we want to see the a FILM version of Avengers not a cartoon!

We heard you the first time.

#638 3 years ago

Way too much yellow on the LE. Premium is the way to go, so there is plenty of time to decide.

Absolutely love the ramps but concerned about long term staying power of the theme. A lot will depend on the quality of the animation and voice work.

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Fantastic, homerun for Stern.
Fresh layout looks great.
I like the spinning disk what a great idea [quoted image]

Sorry guys haven't caught up...what's with the like lexan PF cover this thing has on it in the pic?! Or I'm I just seeing shit?

#640 3 years ago

Any quality distributors have an LE in stock? Hit me up please.

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Look at all the games in a row now where they licensed something and skipped out on gaining clips from the films... its a trend. Avengers was made popular by the films and I think we want to see the a FILM version of Avengers not a cartoon!
Just my opinion.

I dunno man, the Avengers Infinity Quest comics are the basis for the movies. Also note that the movies did not follow the comics exactly... there was a significant amount of deviations in how the story played out, characters abilities, and etc. Why try to tailor a pinball machine to a movie when you can craft the IP around a new story designed for gameplay? In the movie Ironman was the big hero where in the comics Adam Warlock plays a big role (and he isn't even the movies). I mean does it really matter? It is all make believe anyway... why not just find a new way to tell the story?

#642 3 years ago

Not sure what is up with pinball companies using Donkey Kong Banana yellow. Other than that looks great. Drop targets are finally back

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Don’t forget about the support programmers! ❤️ Often times providing their own ideas and insight

Welcome to Stern Raymond! Part of the team for this release?

#644 3 years ago

Not digging the topper, we need someone to figure out how to wire this up instead.

CA8826F2-8F1D-40F3-A90A-1694CC3C805B (resized).jpegCA8826F2-8F1D-40F3-A90A-1694CC3C805B (resized).jpeg
#645 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Will you accept offers from shitty distributors?

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It looks like the ball guides have a new design that has raised them up off the playfield and they only make contact at the connection points. I can't tell from all the angles, but it appears that guides digging into the playfield should be a thing of the past. Hope this is correct!

Yeah, looking again at the pics it looks like they've trimmed a fraction of an inch off the bottom of the guides in a lot of spots. Might still have some potential areas to protect where they're still making contact, but at least this seems to be a sign of progress in addressing the issue. Probably still need to add fabric washers under the apron, but that's easy to do. Game looks amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

#647 3 years ago

This would be a cool topper, put a pinball in his hand.

thanos_marvel_feature (resized).jpgthanos_marvel_feature (resized).jpg

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Doubtful, but never hurts to ask. But more importantly... on super busy announce/release days like this, no distributor is going to have time to browse pinside to find your request. Recommend you start calling around ASAP and report back if you get lucky.

#649 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Way too much yellow on the LE. Premium is the way to go, so there is plenty of time to decide.
Absolutely love the ramps but concerned about long term staying power of the theme. A lot will depend on the quality of the animation and voice work.

That was my first reaction too. Not that I think it's ugly, but it's a bit too much. Too bad the LE backglass isn't unique..

Rob

#650 3 years ago

The mad man did it. They made a game to rival the wireforms of Baywatch.
wow.

Premium/LE is gonna be HUGE. I can't imagine people are going to look at the layouts and go for Pro if they have the means for Premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Scranton, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/13?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.