Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 56.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know a distributor with an LE? Please PM me

I put down my LE deposit a couple hours ago withAutomated services out of Milford CT. She assured me they were not sold out of LE at the time. But that was a few hours ago.....

#552 3 years ago

Diving in for a Premium.....while I am still nuts over JP, time to move a lesser playing game....Elvis, POTC, TZ. Xmen....him...Who gets the Ax...???

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The BOM remark is speculation, dude. Allow me to speculate as well and claim that, no, the BOM/design budget is not the same of all games at Stern.
As for the manufacturing side, the more games you sell the more advanced stuff you are able to put into it for the same cost. Because you have startup cost, tooling, vender contracts and then a per unit cost of manufactoring.
Also it might not be fair to compare with other then contemporary games. Let speculate again and say what if wireforms are 20% cheaper to make now than five years ago.
Just saying.

Funny how Keith manages to get it done over and over, and the other guys designs sometimes look kinda phoned in.

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Diving in for a Premium.....while I am still nuts over JP, time to move a lesser playing game....Elvis, POTC, TZ. Xmen....him...Who gets the Ax...???

Maybe Xmen since you're adding another comic theme?

#555 3 years ago

I’m cautious about the callouts. Bad callouts can sometimes adversely affect the game experience (XM, TWD, JP).

With so many heroes and villains, there’s bound to be some bad ones. Just get the IMDN guy on there!

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m cautious about the callouts. Bad callouts can sometimes adversely affect the game experience (XM, TWD, JP).
With so many heroes and villains, there’s bound to be some bad ones. Just get the IMDN guy on there!

Someone said they’re from the cartoon? That sounds promising.

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Deadflip is up

Think it’s the first time I’ve upvoted JY64
But then u didn’t really say anything.

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Someone said they’re from the cartoon? That sounds promising.

That's what someone said about X-Men also. That was not that case and it largely did not work out well.

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Think it’s the first time I’ve upvoted jy64

LOL I got rid of it as it seems it is not game play

Here is the link anyway

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL I got rid of it as it seems it is not game play

C’mon you were doing so well.

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve had a blast on both pro versions of Keith’s. I’m sure this will be no different.

Same here. I prefer the pros on the others due to features that routinely fail, like the newton balls or the trex.

#563 3 years ago

I did have a lot of trouble dialing in a flight 2k lock mech. I’m sure this is fine though.

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm surprised that several years and 3 games into the Keith thing people are still asking about code.

Refer to "monkey see, monkey do.." vs actual thinking

Kinda like people counting coils as a way to determine 'good' or not

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm really impressed, it looks terrific. Shame the yellow armor is only on the LE, that's going to be tough to get.

This will work. https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PSS-2834/electric-yellow

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

I hope we see the co-op and team modes carry over from TMNT. Didn't see it listed on the features matrix, but I was hoping it would be a standard for Sterns moving forward.

I agree, the co-op mode is so much fun when your trying to get non pin players to have fun playing the game! Seems like Co-op should be a no brainer on all new pins! Don’t drop the ball on this stern, it’s just simple coding to make such a great feature standard. Stern should go back and get all their games put in with Co-op. There is plenty of memory with spike 2 to make it happen... so they should make it happen!

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from McKT:

it’s just simple coding to make such a great feature standard.

Nothing in pinball is simple.

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I hope it has co-op mode!

#metoo

#569 3 years ago

I had hoped for an LE, but seems they are sold out at my distro so it will be a pro for me. Maybe down the road I’ll get a premium.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

All coding is simple and features can just be tossed off in a day or so.

I learned that here!

#571 3 years ago

Put my deposit down for a premium! Now I need to make some room.

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from McKT:

I agree, the co-op mode is so much fun when your trying to get non pin players to have fun playing the game! Seems like Co-op should be a no brainer on all new pins! Don’t drop the ball on this stern, it’s just simple coding to make such a great feature standard. Stern should go back and get all their games put in with Co-op.
There is plenty of memory with spike 2 to make it happen... so they should make it happen!

They must put in Co-op going forward! Co-op brings in players that are not that good and helps them sincerely enjoy the game! I play my wife, 5 year & and 10
Year old and we all have a blast on TMNT. Great ideas like Co-op need to be replicated. Not sure if there is a pissing contest at Stern to put it in or not, but Keith is smart enough to not let
his ego stop him from doing the right thing for his game. If Keith wants to be the GOAT designer he will build no brainers like Co-op into all his past and future games. It’s simple coding. Be the GOAT Keith! Put in Co-op!

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Maybe not simple, but definitely possible if they want to do it.

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from mwthatch:

They must put in Co-op going forward!

My hope would be for co-op to be a unique experience that changes the rules even slightly to accommodate multiple players and give you something different. We shall see going forward.

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern is an actual, real pinball company and they can't get by on one release a year.

I know, it's tongue-in-cheek. He just nails designs.

I still think about Maiden Pro has basically has nothing in it. It's fun as hell. JP improved on it, and now this really looks packed.

He just has a different way of thinking.

#576 3 years ago

I don't see in the trailer what the video display looks like. Are there photos/video of what that's like?

#577 3 years ago

Looks very cool! The question is the callouts and rules.

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Looks very cool! The question is the callouts and rules.

I wouldn’t sweat that with this teams track record .

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

I don't see in the trailer what the video display looks like. Are there photos/video of what that's like?

Either not ready yet, or not through approvals yet, or both.

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They moved up the release of the James Brown pin.
(Seriously watch the movie he did as James Brown - WAY better than Black Panther)
Speaking of James Brown, a Tales from the Tour Bus pin would be fantastic. Lots of great characters and music.

the best thing judge has done since beavis & butthead, and i love all of his stuff. whens that b & b pin spooky?......

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Where you told, shipping out more then likely at the end of September as well?

Early of October.

#582 3 years ago

I got locked in on a LE this morning. Was told late September early October delivery.

#583 3 years ago

I just noticed it appears Stern put in a spacer attached inside the edge of the playfield to protect the edge of the playfield where the spinning disk is located.

#584 3 years ago

Like JP. I did not hesitate to get my order in for an LE. Love JP and I know this will be a 'bolted to the floor' game too. I mean, Elwin and ZY on Avengers, can it get any better???

#585 3 years ago

Order in on a premium, wife didn’t care for the yellow of the LE so that saved me some money, although I am still kicking myself a bit about it lol.

#586 3 years ago

Graphics on this game could sure be epic. Im starting to think I do need a premium.

#587 3 years ago

Games looks amazing. Only thing I would do change is add some colored T-molding to the backbox:

LE (resized).jpgLE (resized).jpgpremium (resized).jpgpremium (resized).jpgpro (resized).jpgpro (resized).jpg
#588 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sounds like distributor bullshit to me. THe going overseas part not the it'll probably sell out part.

I don’t really see the value of the LE except if you want to get it early. I’m not a fan of the yellow and the premium art looks about the same. I’d save the money and buy premium glass for a few of my pins.

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Games looks amazing. Only thing I would do change is add some colored T-molding to the backbox:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've already got some yellow on hand ready. Thanks for the mock up. It looks way better than the black.

#590 3 years ago

Extremely minor nitpick, but the coin door is screaming for some color. It's a glaring black void on a beautiful cabinet. I don't know about powder coating it yellow though, but an aftermarket sticker would do.

Maybe in the future Stern can sell coin doors without the coin mechs for home collectors. Cover the space with more art from the game.

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t really see the value of the LE except if you want to get it early.

I don't either, but 500 people definitely will. Stern has this stuff figured out.

...or do I hear 600? It's happened before.

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I don't either, but 500 people definitely will. Stern has this stuff figured out.
...or do I hear 600? It's happened before.

If you pay the most, you should get it the soonest. Then again, now the LE owners are the guinea pigs

#593 3 years ago

Hummm.... What would you guys do, Batman 66 or this?

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Extremely minor nitpick, but the coin door is screaming for some color.

Funny. I am so happy they omit the coin door (they should omit the ears too). The coin door should be mat black. The way I see it.

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I’m not a fan of BM66.

6 months ago i could have bought *anything* and choose SW premium comic.

However everyone has a different opinion.

#596 3 years ago

Good choice. I was thinking about that one too!

#597 3 years ago

wow just realized how much better the pro artwork is than prem/le.

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

It depends on what you value. BM66 has much better art/theme/display in my personal opinion. this seems likely to have much better layout and probably rules based on keiths track record.

#599 3 years ago

loving the limited flips ball save on mode idea! I think that will be brilliant for dollar games!

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

no one can answer as nobody has played Avengers. Batman 66 is a great game though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 16.00
4,999 (Firm)
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.