Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_9741 (resized).JPG
IMG_9740 (resized).JPG
C9723638-FF12-4D4B-B062-D73B3C166FDF (resized).jpeg
CF2D93AA-E793-4D10-BDCA-5FAA420F8DDD (resized).jpeg
7E0CD2DF-E8C5-4C08-AD63-8AE03D7F0CB0 (resized).jpeg
20210108_192245 (resized).jpg
356386D8-927E-49FB-B108-947F27EB03A1 (resized).jpeg
Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 56.
#501 3 years ago

the same guy who coded IMDN and JP. I believe Keith figures out rules and he makes them happen.

#502 3 years ago

Incredibly interesting. Just let Elwin design them all from now on!

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

the same guy who coded IMDN and JP. I believe Keith figures out rules and he makes them happen.

That's the way it should be. Have the pinball guy create the rules and the programmer code them.

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Same programmer that did all of Keiths games - Rick Nagle.

nice!

#505 3 years ago

I hope it has co-op mode!

#506 3 years ago

I'm surprised that several years and 3 games into the Keith thing people are still asking about code.

Keith comes up with the "code" on all his games, and Rick implements it. Other guys pitch in with flourishes like light shows.

This will be the same answer to the same question for the next Keith game in 2021.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Incredibly interesting. Just let Elwin design them all from now on!

Stern is an actual, real pinball company and they can't get by on one release a year.

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm surprised that several years and 3 games into the Keith thing people are still asking about code.
Keith comes up with the "code" on all his games, and Rick implements it. Other guys pitch in with flourishes like light shows.
This will be the same answer to the same question for the next Keith game in 2021.

Levi, you should try making comments without trying to put others down, it really doesn't take that much effort!

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern is an actual, real pinball company and they can't get by on one release a year.

Elwin has shown more mechanical innovation and creativity within the same BOM constraints than everyone else at Stern combined. Stern captured lightening in a bottle...now they need to repeat it again and send one of the old cows off into retirement.

#510 3 years ago

There is so much flow and so many interesting shots on this game... Really looks jam packed and incredible. Had to watch the video numerous times to take it all in and that's just barely scratching the surface. Getting a Premium 100% for sure.

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don’t forget about the support programmers! ❤️ Often times providing their own ideas and insight

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Don’t forget about the support programmers! ❤️ Often times providing their own ideas and insight

Lots of us get its a team effort. The reasonable voices are not the loudest here though. You guys are killing it right now!

#513 3 years ago

Has anyone found an image of the instruction card?

#514 3 years ago

I gotta say, I'm really impressed. Ramps, Ramps, Ramps! Nicely done Elwin!

Can't wait to flip it!

#515 3 years ago

I am in on an LE. Designer, artist and theme are all home runs for me. Game looks to have tons of interesting shots. Code/display/music are an unknown which makes me a bit nervous, but looking forward to the stream.

I don't like how Premium and LE art packages are a bit samey, my guess is ZY was pressed for time. Makes my choice easier though as I will always go Premium if I like the art package better, but I like the mirrored backglasses and I like the yellow, so rolling the dice.

#516 3 years ago

I noticed Adam Warlock on the playing field.
Weird thing is that Adam is only in the comic but then they also inserted a ton of characters that were only in the movies (captain marvel, black panther, antman) Also missing are the gods like Mistress Death etc.
So its a mishmash between the comics and the movie leaning very heavily to the movies.
Kinda weird they included Adam at all seeing the other characters they used.

I think Marvel had allot to say in the making of this pin.

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I noticed Adam Warlock on the playing field.
Weird thing is that Adam is only in the comic but then they also inserted a ton of characters that were only in the movies (captain marvel, black panther, antman) Also missing are the gods like Mistress Death etc.
So its a mishmash between the comics and the movie leaning very heavily to the movies.
Kinda weird they included Adam at all seeing the other characters they used.
I think Marvel had allot to say in the making of this pin.

I think Marvel told them who to use and what they would look like. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't have a big hand in the animations.

#518 3 years ago

Accessories to the game.....

#519 3 years ago

Wow. Talk about major mic drop by Stern. Bravo. So glad to finally see Elwin on a theme I like. Can't wait.

Also, that Premium looks damn amazing, but I'm fine with going Pro on this one as well. Am I the only one? lol

#520 3 years ago

Anyone know a distributor with an LE? Please PM me

#521 3 years ago

Like usual, the pro art is by far the best. And I'd be ok with a pro as well on this one...if it weren't for that Captain Marvel ramp. That's a tough one to swallow losing. Looks like the premium will be the winner here, but the pro will not be a slouch by any means. Looks amazing all around. Can't wait to play one!

#522 3 years ago

500 LE's.

Gonna be a quick sell out for sure.

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I hit up Melissa at Cointaker but I had to pay immediately. Not sure if she's still taking orders.

#524 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Wow. Talk about major mic drop by Stern. Bravo. So glad to finally see Elwin on a theme I like. Can't wait.
Also, that Premium looks damn amazing, but I'm fine with going Pro on this one as well. Am I the only one? lol

I’ve had a blast on both pro versions of Keith’s. I’m sure this will be no different.

#525 3 years ago

I haven't seen most of the movies nor have I ever read a comic, but I might have to buy this.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

I hit up Melissa at Cointaker but I had to pay immediately. Not sure if she's still taking orders.

Shes out. Thanks for the info though.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Has anyone found an image of the instruction card?

First person that can find me a legible image of the instruction card I'll send you a free TWIP t-shirt!! And a virtual hug.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve had a blast on both pro versions of Keith’s. I’m sure this will be no different.

The Pro looks fun to me. I also like the extra spinner and horseshoe the Premium doesn't have instead of the turnaround ramp. If I was one of the other designers I would be asking why Keith has a higher BOM because it looks like he does.

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

The Pro looks fun to me. I also like the extra spinner and horseshoe the Premium doesn't have instead of the turnaround ramp. If I was one of the other designers I would be asking why Keith has a higher BOM because it looks like he does.

Could be lower license cost. No actors to license.

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

There's a ton of distributors out there.

https://sternpinball.com/find-a-distributor/

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Oh right...I almost forgot you were over there now!

Congrats on your first game seeing the light 'o day! It looks fucking amazing.

Also enjoy the Pinside honeymoon before these jackals turn on you and drive you away!

#533 3 years ago

Game is selling like hot cakes. Everyone else is releasing teasers of teasers. Go Stern.

Can't wait to get this premium!!!!!!!

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Holy crap, they already show the topper!! What a concept!

Agreed - they finally worked out how to line everything up and full credit to them. Would be a lot more effort. Should increase accessory sales. Would be great if you could order accessory options installed at the factory, but can’t see that happening.

Topper looks meh though. Really hope it’s not tied to some dodgy “free” mode.

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Game is selling like hot cakes. Everyone else is releasing teasers of teasers. Go Stern.
Can't wait to get this premium!!!!!!!

S. 9 . 2?

Right....or you can just release a pinball machine.

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Shes out. Thanks for the info though.

Yeah, my buddy got the last one earlier this morning.

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

2nd hand market used with 300 plays for $9300

#538 3 years ago

I was going to buy an Elvira HOH, but this has me intrigued now. Premium for me, LE has to much yellow for my taste.

#539 3 years ago

Just put down my deposit for a Premium, can't wait! LE's sold out in 50 mins.

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah, my buddy got the last one earlier this morning.

Where you told, shipping out more then likely at the end of September as well?

#541 3 years ago

I was told shipping end of October for Premium
Buys me a little time I guess to make room for it ROFL

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

LE's sold out in 50 mins.

Put my name down but we’ll see. I’m not a huge fan of the yellow, but wasn’t a huge fan of the green on GBle when it was announced, and liked it in person. If I miss out, premium looks awesome also.

#543 3 years ago

I think that the yellow LE will fit in nicely next to my blasphemous multicade. I'm gonna have to relocate my MMr RE.

Game Room  (resized).jpgGame Room (resized).jpg
#544 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That is a fair question. There is programming as a craft on a game dev team. And there is rules design. "Code" is ambigious. And it is a fair question to ask who is on the team. And the end result is a collaborative efford. Just a little different who on the team had what percentage of rules design.

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

LE's sold out in 50 mins.

The amount of people that drop 10k so quickly is staggering... There hasn't even been a Deadflip stream yet. Maybe Stern will make 1000 LEs in the future.

#546 3 years ago

I'm really impressed, it looks terrific. Shame the yellow armor is only on the LE, that's going to be tough to get.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

The amount of people that drop 10k so quickly is staggering... There hasn't even been a Deadflip stream yet. Maybe Stern will make 1000s LEs in the future.

In a time where unemployment is at its highest and arcades are one of the businesses to suffer the most from COVID, super interesting, but then again, people are shit with their money.

#548 3 years ago

The "sculpted" glove seems to lack any detail, the pro plastic looks much better IMO.

The raising spinner thing and vuks add some wow factor but maybe slow the game down (i thought Keith said he hated scoops?)... kind of like the T-rex in JP.

Spinner mini orbit vs. loop ramp is really the only difference here...

Gameplay looks amazing... art looks absolutely hideous IMO.

#549 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Elwin has shown more mechanical innovation and creativity within the same BOM constraints than everyone else at Stern combined.

The BOM remark is speculation, dude. Allow me to speculate as well and claim that, no, the BOM/design budget is not the same of all games at Stern.

As for the manufacturing side, the more games you sell the more advanced stuff you are able to put into it for the same cost. Because you have startup cost, tooling, vender contracts and then a per unit cost of manufactoring.

Also it might not be fair to compare with other then contemporary games. Let speculate again and say what if wireforms are 20% cheaper to make now than five years ago.

Just saying.

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

The amount of people that drop 10k so quickly is staggering... There hasn't even been a Deadflip stream yet. Maybe Stern will make 1000 LEs in the future.

I would guess most distributors are only requiring a 'Deposit' for the LE? If the people who jumped on it don't love it, I'm sure they could move their deposit to a Premium or get a refund.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
8,199 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-endgame-pin/page/11?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.