(Topic ID: 241566)

Avengers End Game......Holy Crap!....What a Movie!..

By OLDPINGUY

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Avengers End Game”

• Know the Story, Going to see 71 votes
    55%
  • Dont know the story, Going to See 18 votes
    14%
  • Not going at All 39 votes
    30%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
almanac (resized).jpg
15C91A86-FAC9-49C9-8C82-764DE08A4AC4 (resized).jpeg
ducky.gif
20190506_152632 (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
d8jfzJO (resized).png
Here-s-Marvel-s-New-Female-Thor-Photo-Gallery-457961-8 (resized).jpg
Riri-Williams-Iron-Man-Main (resized).jpg
20190428_154209 (resized).jpg
20190428_154142 (resized).jpg
93D23971-C918-43E5-9773-19738731630D (resized).jpeg
4AC727C6-30BD-4835-8462-BB1CC911A309 (resized).jpeg
A2EBF8C7-DEDF-4243-8D8B-D2DC945A44DE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago

Definitely, wow. what a movie.

Quoted from atrainn:

I really enjoyed it, they went out of their way to hit every note of fan service people have been wanting for years, it was great. I think I might like Infinity War more though, it's a close call for me.

Such different movies, I can't even rank them. They are both just "my favorites". They really did give us what we needed to close this chapter out. I cried.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I actually liked that slow first hour a lot. It felt very “real” considering what everyone has been through.

I did too. They did a great job setting the emotional stage for the rest of the movie. I didn't really know how they could follow up Infinity War and make the situation carry the same weight.

#63 4 years ago

I think you guys are being unreasonably hard on Capt. Marvel. They have some really great stories to pull from the comics with her, and we've only seen her in one movie and for a few minutes of Endgame.

Sarah Finn is the casting director on all the marvel films except hulk, and she hasn't done us wrong yet.

Quoted from Crile1:

But how awesome if you didn't know which hero was a Skrull in disguise after all this time?

I'm really hoping for some of this. Google the diagonal toast thing for a possible teaser for this.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He’s gonna come back somehow, as they’re both going to be in a Disney+ show called Wanda/Vision. Renner’a gonna be in a Hawkeye show, and Loki’s getting a show too.

Falcon + Winder Soldier are also getting a buddy show.

#90 4 years ago

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

old gamora was brought into the future.. but she couldn't stay. That's why after the snap.. she's gone.

That's not what happened. 2014 Gamora is now in the 2023 timeline. She doesn't have any attachment to the guardians or iron man because this version of her never spent time with them, so she wasn't at the funeral.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/26/18517938/avengers-endgame-explained-ending-spoilers-easter-eggs

#159 4 years ago

A lot of overthinking going on up in here.

This movie was the graduation present from Marvel for all of us fans who have followed the movies since the beginning. Potentially sacrificing some of the science and logic, they gave me all the moments I wanted out of the past decade of the MCU while leaving just enough to connect it to the next big chapter of the MCU.

If you want a cool time travel movie that will take you 3-4 watchings to even really understand what happened, check out Primer.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

The previously mentioned scene when all the females line up to “help” Captain Marvel, who has the powers of 20 Supermen and a dozen or so gods, go 50 feet across the battlefield. This is one of the worst things ever put onto film. I threw up in my popcorn. Came close to ruining the whole movie for me. Pathetic.

It's weird that it bothered so many dudes. Yeah it was basically a copy and paste of the scene from Infinity War, but Marvel has traditionally been at the forefront of current social issues and I think that scene really resonated with my daughter. It was a moment for her the same way Cap picking up Mjolnir was for me.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

The whole theater was bawling their eyes out when the hero died. Seriously you could hear the sniffling.

I definitely cried multiple times. Black Widow's scene? tears. Stark's kid? tears. Stark's father? tears. Spiderman shows back up? tears. Cap dancing with peggy? tears. The ending? tears.

#168 4 years ago

Well me and my daughter loved it, thought it was a great scene, so I guess different strokes.

Hopefully it means we might get an A-Force movie, which is the all female avengers.

#183 4 years ago

Definitely check it out if you want your "more scientific time travel" scenario.

Then watch it two more times.

Then refer to the official timeline of what happened:

https://unrealitymag.com/at-last-a-definitive-timeline-for-primer/

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

Amazing movie, loved every second, paradoxes and all. Sad the infinity saga is over.

100%. I still don't care how cap growing old with Peggy worked, just that he got a great appropriate ending.

I was thinking about who was left for future movies. We've got Hulk, Loki, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Nebula, Gamora, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp, Shuri, Okoye, Star Lord, Rocket, Groot, Drax, Mantis, Hawkeye, Hank Pym, Janet van Dyne, and I'm sure i'm forgetting a few.

I also think they will bring Vision back the same way they did in the comics.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wanda and Vision are going to have a show on the Disney streaming service. Hawkeye, Loki and Falcon/Bucky also have shows.

Yeah I'm super excited about Disney+. I'll definitely be a subscriber.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mysterio is most likely lying

If they follow some of the things from the comics, this is likely to be the case.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Thor - joining GOTG for comic relief??? He does seem to still have his powers even as beer gut Thor. This one is puzzling.

Thor still has a redemption arc to go through. I think two things will happen to bring him out of his hole. He will learn Loki is still alive, so he does have "family" left, and he will also find meaning through being with the Guardians.

They weren't going to let Thor go out like he was in Endgame.

I wonder if they will introduce Beta Ray Bill.

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what about Loki? He stole the tesseract in the past shown in End Game how does that effect what happened to Loki in Infinity War? I read some said that since he stole the tesseract somehow that means he may not be dead?

They've said the new Loki series on Disney+ will be what happened after that moment, but they've also been cagey about what timeline he is in and have said once or twice he was in a new branched timeline, but there are other hints dropped that may not be the case.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If it is through all universe and time lines hows does 2014 Gamora exist? Am I missing something?

I don't think he is correct, Marvel have already said 2014 gamora is in the 2023 timeline now.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I just read in the fall, Captain America will be black and Thor will be a female. Marvel said they want more diversity. I kid you not. This is one guy who is done.

Wow dude, just wow. This really comes from a place of ignorance as Falcon has been Captain America in the comics, and Jane Foster has taken up the mantle of Thor before.

They already did what you are so mad about, years ago.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I just read in the fall, Captain America will be black and Thor will be a female. Marvel said they want more diversity. I kid you not. This is one guy who is done.

This got me so much I had to come reply again.

It's really going to mess you up to learn that Marvel already has a black-latino spider man (miles morales).

They also have black female Iron Man (riri williams).

#278 4 years ago

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame-steve-rogers-peggy-carter-husband

From the writers, Steve Rogers was Peggy Carter's husband referenced in Winter Soldier.

#281 4 years ago

He traveled through time to be together and you are worried about how he shopped for groceries without being recognized.

It was just the happy ending he and Peggy Carter deserved.

#284 4 years ago

Relevant.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-end-gameholy-crapwhat-a-movie?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.