(Topic ID: 241566)

Avengers End Game......Holy Crap!....What a Movie!..

By OLDPINGUY

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Avengers End Game”

• Know the Story, Going to see 71 votes
    55%
  • Dont know the story, Going to See 18 votes
    14%
  • Not going at All 39 votes
    30%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
almanac (resized).jpg
15C91A86-FAC9-49C9-8C82-764DE08A4AC4 (resized).jpeg
ducky.gif
20190506_152632 (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
d8jfzJO (resized).png
Here-s-Marvel-s-New-Female-Thor-Photo-Gallery-457961-8 (resized).jpg
Riri-Williams-Iron-Man-Main (resized).jpg
20190428_154209 (resized).jpg
20190428_154142 (resized).jpg
93D23971-C918-43E5-9773-19738731630D (resized).jpeg
4AC727C6-30BD-4835-8462-BB1CC911A309 (resized).jpeg
A2EBF8C7-DEDF-4243-8D8B-D2DC945A44DE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought they changed that recently and now say the new Spiderman is the "actual" ending to the Saga.

Spiderman takes place before End Game, so not really the "end" from a chronological standpoint. But since Endgame isn't itself exactly chronological... I think Kevin feige just made that statement so people wouldn't get bent out of shape that there are still Infinity War plot points in the movie, even though endgame is "over"

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

There is supposedly a sound clip, I don't recall hearing it though.
Edit: I just checked Youtube, it is there but did not hang around long enough.

It's there. but uh... if you've seen all the other movies you've already heard the sound

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

My 9 year old son has seen Spider-Man Homecoming, in the opinion of those that have seen this, would it be ok to take him?

My kid has seen all the movies; he turns 10 in September. The 3 hour runtime is the thing I'm most concerned about...

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

LOL. Thought the same thing. Falcon and cap scene at the end was also a little forced like the girl power scene. C'mon...the dude has no super strength whatsoever.
Any fantasy football fans notice the ultimate nerd Matthew Berry? Sheesh...that guy is painful when he is NOT acting! How does he get in a movie!?!?
And...Thanos stole the show...again!
Glad I got this in the mail last week..[quoted image][quoted image]

Falcon has been Captain America several times now - that was a fan service moment; the whole point was that Cap thought he was worthy, not whether or not he has powers.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Chris Evans wants to retire from acting and become a director.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chris-evans-retiring_n_5029020

Haha he can direct the first Captain Falcon movie

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Wow, did not realize that. Never was a huge Captain America and the Falcon collector. Just always felt strange when you have non- "Super" class heros mixing it up with guys that can throw around tons of weight. I understand Captain America himself was not "super" but you can make an exception for him - he routinely did things that were beyond his written limits. Kind of like Batman in DC.

Well Cap does have the Super Soldier Serum going for him - he’s “superhuman” lol...

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I’m a woman and I found that scene irritatingly patronizing. I greatly preferred all the moments of women matter of factly kicking ass right there with all the guys to this weird pause to line up all the girls and then have them ultimately fail.

Interesting how there's multiple ways to look at the same scene - I interpreted that more like "we all stand together" than "omg the ladies are here!" It was a little clunky (not sure if the dialogue or the delivery), but thought
It was a good scene to remind everybody how many other characters are involved

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He says “The snap” ...so he’s blaming it on Thanos....buuuuut since they snapped past Thanos, that means future Thanos never snapped....oh wait, Tony snapped - so, I guess it’s his fault. I dunno. Yeah, anything goes lol....but also, Mysterio is most likely lying.

There’s almost no way he would know what happened, and that Tony did the snap (unless the Avengers explain how he died I guess - but this seems like a Big Government Secret to me)...anyway, great idea!

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just getting back to Endgame for a moment, was anyone else disappointed in the Hulk? I really wanted to see Hulk vs Thanos Round 2
Loved that brief fight they had at the beginning of Infinity War mainly because my sons face light up like a Xmas tree which always makes those moments even better.
I guess I was hoping to see a little more HULK SMASH!!

I think if they had put that in there, it would have felt just like hulk vs Loki or Hulk vs Thanos round 1, and they needed a lot more than brute strength to fight him.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I was going to read the rest of this thread. How the hell did y'all get on GOT? Well I guess nerds will be nerds. I'll check back in on this one once I watch GOT.

WTH? What just happened

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I just read in the fall, Captain America will be black and Thor will be a female. Marvel said they want more diversity. I kid you not. This is one guy who is done.

Welcome to 2015, they already did this, it was a hit, and eventually they went back to the classics. Hint: Marvel comics has done this for its ENTIRE existence. maybe go back and read a bit

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, but surely you can go back in time and tell your old self to buy some Apple shares for $1.00 a pop and then 20 years later you’ll be “bill gates” rich ...?
rd

Or buy stock in Yahoo! A la “Frequency” haha

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes. What a dumb question. You do know black people live in the UK right?
Idris Elba has been a long fan favorite pick to play Bond, probably not gonna happen now, but it would have been rad.
Seriously, that's your argument? This thread is really turning to shit as the racist dipshits come out of the woodwork suddenly.

God I would love to see Idris as Bond. What a great way to freshen it up! Orders of magnitude above George Lazenby’s turn!

Too bad there are too many people against it, including the Broccolis, Who have yet to come up with a legitimate reason why not. even “we don’t think Idris can open a film..”
That is at least Is A reason. Not a great one, but something...

I’m watching a documentary about why it’s good to turn things on their heads - and in walks Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne. Damn.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's in quotes because it's not a real thing. It's a thing white people rant about when they don't understand how racism is systemic/institutional & all the many layers of context behind it. It's something racists like to whip out with all their other what-about-isms and false equivalency "arguments".

I realize this is OT and I risk a moderation, but I think it’s important to point out that there are multiple levels to this experience - what we are seeing here, and what is systemic is not necessarily racism, but “prejudice”, a pre-determined opinion of a person or thing or concept based on a non-material reason. Not the same thing as racism. This distinction is important because insinuating that a person or policy is racist is not easily proveable , but prejudice is, because it only requires “I don’t like X...” and a nonsensical reason.

It’s not fair to call someone “RACIST!!!” and point a finger, and it’s also far too easy to take the wind out of that idea by just saying “I have [black/Asian/etc] friends”. It’s silly, but something that basic removes the intent. What is left is prejudice.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

And no one notices that the husband of Peggy Carter, agent of SHIELD, looks just like Steve Rogers?
Never mind that if it's the same timeline, Rogers lets Bucky be tortured and turned into an assassin by a resurgent Hydra over the course of 70 years.
Making it the same timeline makes it...messy.

He would be smart enough not to be seen around. Peggy worked A LOT. Not sure what Steve would have done with all that time. Bowling?

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Oh, nothing much really. Just reading some stuff.
[quoted image]

LOL! So THAT'S how Biff got to be the director on Legends of Tomorrow...

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just saw endgame.
11 years (almost to the day!) from beginning to end. What an adventure.[quoted image]

whoa! that is very cool; I cant' even remember if I saw Iron Man in the theater. Sike! of course I did. Nice that you kept the ticket stub -

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m trying to figure out how SW TFA passed Avengers on an 18 day cumulative.
End game was well ahead after the first 15 days but lagging off this weekend so they switched lead. I’m curious if that means TFA will continue as the all time domestic lead?

TFA was #1 for a month and then business only fell off 30% week 5; it was the movie people were hoping for
With Ep 1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-end-gameholy-crapwhat-a-movie?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.