(Topic ID: 241566)

Avengers End Game......Holy Crap!....What a Movie!..

By OLDPINGUY

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Avengers End Game”

• Know the Story, Going to see 71 votes
    55%
  • Dont know the story, Going to See 18 votes
    14%
  • Not going at All 39 votes
    30%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
almanac (resized).jpg
15C91A86-FAC9-49C9-8C82-764DE08A4AC4 (resized).jpeg
ducky.gif
20190506_152632 (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
d8jfzJO (resized).png
Here-s-Marvel-s-New-Female-Thor-Photo-Gallery-457961-8 (resized).jpg
Riri-Williams-Iron-Man-Main (resized).jpg
20190428_154209 (resized).jpg
20190428_154142 (resized).jpg
93D23971-C918-43E5-9773-19738731630D (resized).jpeg
4AC727C6-30BD-4835-8462-BB1CC911A309 (resized).jpeg
A2EBF8C7-DEDF-4243-8D8B-D2DC945A44DE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I liked it a lot for the most part. A major part of the plot was pretty lazy writing though...

No spoilers.

I found the first 1/4 to 1/3 could have been tightened up, it dragged.

They treated one character rather poorly and out of character IMHO.

And yes there was some lazy writing.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!
There is no cut/extra scenes during the end credits. You can stay and read all the names, but there is nothing added.
(Sorry if i ruined your theater pleasure...)

There is supposedly a sound clip, I don't recall hearing it though.

Edit: I just checked Youtube, it is there but did not hang around long enough.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Same here. It's basically like having Superman on your side. When things are going bad you just wait for her to fly in and save the day.

Worse, she has no weakness. 2 dimensional character.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think you guys are being unreasonably hard on Capt. Marvel. They have some really great stories to pull from the comics with her, and we've only seen her in one movie and for a few minutes of Endgame.
Sarah Finn is the casting director on all the marvel films except hulk, and she hasn't done us wrong yet.

I'm really hoping for some of this. Google the diagonal toast thing for a possible teaser for this.

1) Captain Marvel in any form male or female has not been able to sustain a title and has been an ongoing failure in the Marvel comics line for decades. The only reason this version is being put forth is Marvel really has no stand out singular female heroes like Wonder Woman they can flog but has many that are part of teams. Worse most of those teams were owned by Fox till recent.

Jean Gray & Storm (X-men), Invisible Girl (Fantastic Four), Domino (Deadpool and Cable) Scarlet Witch and Black Widow (X-men & Avengers). I would loved to seen a Scarlet Witch movie with Vision but that seems to be dead at the moment. I was pleased to see SW in action during Endgame, they didn't even scratch the surface of what Magneto's daughter can do/did in the comics. She could kill Captain Marvel with ease if they followed canon.

2) Cheese Larson has all the warmth of a tax collector and none of the sex appeal. The women is neither charming nor even pleasant on the eyes. She is a 5 or 6 who thinks she is a 10 and comes across as an unlikable harpy in interviews.

FYI- There was reshoots done on Avengers Endgame and Larsons screen time was reduced.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

I feel like she was shoe horned into the cast and didn't really add anything to the movie.

Had the same feeling, almost a cameo. Her scene on the ground at Avenger HQ felt very awkward and stiff.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but clearly Stark makes it back. Assuming "option one" that was utilized is not available to save him why not use the Iron Man power supply to power the ship? To me this would have been logical and he had plenty of time to wire it up. It also didn't make sense as they were running out of "supplies" and I didn't see how they got from point A to B without stocking up.

Captain Marvel's screen time at the end of the movie could have been replaced any number of ways and felt ridiculous. Compare and contrast whom she went toe to toe with. She can rip through a battleship but can't stop the clearly mortal opponent she fought briefly?

Lazy writing.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He’s gonna come back somehow, as they’re both going to be in a Disney+ show called Wanda/Vision. Renner’a gonna be in a Hawkeye show, and Loki’s getting a show too.

Coming back or will the TV universe be separate from the Movie universe?

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Without giving spoilers, as a Hulk fan.....these past 2 movies totally didnt give Hulk any real screen time....kind of a bummer....

Hulk and related characters still owned by Universal Studios. Marvel can use the character in a team movie like Avengers but not in a stand alone movie. Last thing Marvel wants to do is give a character under license to someone else too much screen time building its value up. They would like to get Hulk back someday.

Marvel will go to some lengths to devalue properties. They went out of their way to destroy the X-men franchise in the comics since they were licensed out to Fox. Now that they are back "home" look for a reboot if not happened already.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i cant sit thru 3 hours. wont be watching it. rather get a tooth pulled.

To be honest it does roll along at a decent clip aside from the first hour.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

9 out of 10 for me. Would have been perfect if there weren’t so many plot holes with the time travel aspect. I enjoyed what they did, but just think the logic could’ve been tighter. Movie was well paced for 3 hours and a fitting ending to the infinity war saga.

A writers blog I drop in time to time pointed out some of the plot holes and reinforced how badly Captain Marvel was shoehorned in the movie. For her final appearance it was pointed out that "her large opponent" she trashed would have been removed at the same time all the other ones were which frankly would have been a bit more satisfactory considering what was happening at the moment.

One of the plot holes was "we can only do x so many times because we only have so much x" and then the writers toss that right the hell out of a window a half hour later.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quite a Buzz! The thing I find funny is people that find "issues".....Logic, physics, etc,
that are not "real" in a movie of fantasy super hereos.....Accepting the Avengers as "Real"
then arguing over them, as ive watched this weekend is really weird.

Even fiction has certain "rules" in which it operates for each individual fictional universe.

To state "we need x to do x" which was even empathized in the movie how critical it was and then the writer throws that rule away 1/2 hour later is just very bad writing.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am still trying to figure out why Black Widow and Tony can't be brought back by bringing them from months ago in the past and having them live in the present. Gamora did it. I am guessing it may have something to do with Thanos not really loving Gamora so possibly she did not lose her soul for the soul stone when she was sacrificed for it, but bringing anybody from the past should screw up the future events.

Nope they explained in a vague way about divergent timelines.

One character was shot dead yet the future self did not vanish.

Just another example of fuzzy writing.

The reality is all the primary actors are aging out of their roles and were going to have to move along one way or another. In comic books people never really age but they sure do in real life.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The whole 'stones are gone' timeline makes me think they'll go reboot style by switching timelines to a timeline where the stones aren't gone.. and certain people are not dead

They would have to replace the original actors, who are aging out.

You are not going to see those original figures back; Marvel movies is clearly moving into the whole "grrrrrrl power" phase the SJW books took some time ago. One reason they turned Thor into a bum.

Ground work has already been laid for Lady Thor and Captain Marvel. I would not be the least bit surprised if the Black Panther's super genius sister is the next Iron Man and suspect She-Hulk is not far off. Larson has already been making noise in interviews about a female only Avengers team, how inclusive!

Here-s-Marvel-s-New-Female-Thor-Photo-Gallery-457961-8 (resized).jpgHere-s-Marvel-s-New-Female-Thor-Photo-Gallery-457961-8 (resized).jpgRiri-Williams-Iron-Man-Main (resized).jpgRiri-Williams-Iron-Man-Main (resized).jpg
#142 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We know her present timeline self is trapped with the soul stone.. which is now destroyed.

Is it? The time travel aspects of this story are so out in left field I just assumed Black Widow took her place. The stones were never destroyed since Thanos never got the chance to collect them.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

ETA - beat by a couple minutes on the time travel point...
No, the stones used to wipe out half of life in "our" timeline were destroyed by the Thanos that Thor killed. He's still dead, and that set of stones was destroyed

Ah yes, thanks. I was having a senior moment and forgot it was "the future" or 5 years after the snap.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Also, fat Thor took his hammer and kept it in the new timeline. So young Thor no longer has a hammer?!?

Captain America returned it, this has been confirmed by the directors.

#157 4 years ago

https://cosmicbook.news/avengers-endgame-plot-holes-answered

Russos do a Q&A and I'll be blunt, most of the answers are crap and nonsensical in some cases.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I enjoyed this movie a lot, and did not overthink the time travel.

The time loops are not terrible, my biggest beef was the fact they stated you only have so many pym particles left and then violated what they said. When Nebula comes back to Avengers HQ she has exhausted the supply but then opens a portal for the 2014 Thanos and ship to arrive in the future.

In the Q and A link I listed above Russos state:

"There is a guy called Maw in his army, he was a great wizard. Thanos himself was a brilliant genius as well. Those two easily reverse engineered and mass-produced Pym Particles."

Which is code for "we pulled it out our ass" when called out.

Also where did Rogers get an intact shield to give to Falcon? He steal it from the Captain America of that timeline?

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Thor still has a redemption arc to go through. I think two things will happen to bring him out of his hole. He will learn Loki is still alive, so he does have "family" left, and he will also find meaning through being with the Guardians.

Nope, that is a different timeline with a different stone.

Thor is being replaced by "Lady Thor" mark my words, they did it in the comics.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone think it was strange that Hulk didn’t heal from the arm injury at the end?

The directors have stated in an interview its permanent, they threw The Hulk comics canon out the window.

Don't overlook this was done for a number of reasons, one being that the Hulk property is still held by Universal Studios.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Same reason the original Gamora can’t be brought back, once they are within the soul stone it’s through all universes and timelines.

If it is through all universe and time lines hows does 2014 Gamora exist? Am I missing something?

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh my word!!!! What movies are you going to show at your Klan meetings from now on!?!?

Thats just rude.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on a trans gender "Wonder Woman" or a white female Black Panther.

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Standing up to racism and sexism isn’t rude.

You just insulted a board member for having a preference in an action hero as written originally.

Am I a racist for preferring James Bond as a white, British male?

Quoted from Rarehero:

Empathy should be the normal human default.

How much are you showing calling a board member a klansman?

Quoted from Rarehero:

Wonder Woman comes from an island of women. Black Panther comes from Wakanda. Their identity is part of their story.

Just as much Thor and Captain America I'd argue right back.

Newsflash for ya, I don't like Luke Skywalker being portrayed as a loser who gives up either. Its out of character. Disney can jerk around the characters that have been established for decades, that doesn't mean people have to like them or go to their movies.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes. What a dumb question. You do know black people live in the UK right?
Idris Elba has been a long fan favorite pick to play Bond, probably not gonna happen now, but it would have been rad.
Seriously, that's your argument? This thread is really turning to shit as the racist dipshits come out of the woodwork suddenly.

Black people have lived in the UK for centuries which has nothing to do with the character Ian Fleming created.

Would you be this excised if a movie about Martin Luther King was played by a white guy?

I would; MLK was black and should be played by a black man. That is who he was.

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So much false equivalency. You pass Troll U. This will just keep going in circles, so look - Yes, you’re racist. You’re being super open about it, why get offended when I put a label on it? Own it! Just watch your old white people movies on VHS at home, stay away from the scary diverse planet you live on & be happy!

Hilarious. I'd give dad a call if he was alive, son of a black man being called a klansman is damn amusing.

So much empathy you are displaying, somewhat hypocritical there buddy.

I'm for seeing the characters portrayed as they were conceived, written and portrayed for decades regardless of their race nothing more. To each their own.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Look, I get your opinion and your argument. I have read it and heard it over and over......hundreds of times.
No one is saying you cant have an opinion, your opinion, exactly as you feel.
But you chose to bring it into this thread, with a planned rebuttal for the purpose of trolling.
It is very obvious.
Let it stand, but please dont bring this canned divisive rhetoric into a discussion thread of positive nature any further,
You said it, we get it.

No trolling.

A board member was insulted for nothing more than defending his choice and then it was insinuated he was a racist.

RDJ isn't going to be making any more Iron Man movies, you going to level a similar charge at me when they announce his replacement? RDJ does a great job even though he is aging out and is expensive as hell. I'd love to see one more IM with him in it, the guy nails the role.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The mental gymnastics you’re going through to justify your racism is bewildering. This statement is so offensive, ignorant, and deplorable. You’re comparing a FICTIONAL CHARACTER who’s race is irrelevant to a civil rights fighter who was murdered for being black. WTF is wrong with you? Oh yeah - racist troll. Please just stop. But you’ll keep going.

Was Alexander Hamilton a fictional character?

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive asked you to please stop Trolling, and you feel you are not.
Ive requested a Moderator to step in.
Thanks for sharing your views.

I have asked several to step in, thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-end-gameholy-crapwhat-a-movie?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.