(Topic ID: 241566)

Avengers End Game......Holy Crap!....What a Movie!..

By OLDPINGUY

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Avengers End Game”

• Know the Story, Going to see 71 votes
    55%
  • Dont know the story, Going to See 18 votes
    14%
  • Not going at All 39 votes
    30%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
almanac (resized).jpg
15C91A86-FAC9-49C9-8C82-764DE08A4AC4 (resized).jpeg
ducky.gif
20190506_152632 (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
d8jfzJO (resized).png
Here-s-Marvel-s-New-Female-Thor-Photo-Gallery-457961-8 (resized).jpg
Riri-Williams-Iron-Man-Main (resized).jpg
20190428_154209 (resized).jpg
20190428_154142 (resized).jpg
93D23971-C918-43E5-9773-19738731630D (resized).jpeg
4AC727C6-30BD-4835-8462-BB1CC911A309 (resized).jpeg
A2EBF8C7-DEDF-4243-8D8B-D2DC945A44DE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 4 years ago

Saw it tonight. I dunno. Not sure what I think about it. Lots to like. Lots to not like. The writing was definitely all over the map, maybe the most uneven of the entire Marvel saga.

I think for me the deciding factor is often when there's a movie that makes me feel mixed like that I want to see it again, to sort it out. I have no desire to watch Infinity War or Endgame again. Just don't think I want to sit through all of that again.

Ugh, I really am mixed about it. On one hand it was a fitting end to the saga. On the other, it left me pretty unsatisfied feeling. I think I'm mostly glad they're done, I hope they really move on. It seems like they won't, there's a bunch of "same universe" stuff coming, but I'd actually be happier if they just said "that's the end, we told those stories, time to start clean". Where do you even go from where they left it?

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

It doesn't have that "one more time" vibe like Winter Soldier or Civil War.

The original Avengers, Winter Soldier, and Civil War are the three best Avengers movies, and some of the best of the Marvel films overall. Really strong writing, great acting, really good action scenes, conflict, intrigue, humor. They're just balanced and satisfying and I could watch them all over again right now easy.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’d argue Ant Man is still firmly on the super hero b list.

Who got pictures taken of him with the kids, and who didn't?

1 week later
#180 4 years ago

I enjoyed this interview with the directors, it helped me let go of some issues I had and just enjoy the end cap to the story.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-avengers-endgame-spoilers-explained-russo-brothers-20190503-story.html

Why was it important for the women of the MCU get a special moment during the final battle?
AR: Looking back on the entire road that the MCU has traveled, it just struck us how many amazing female characters have entered the [landscape]. I think it was really, for us, a moment of celebration and acknowledgment of the intensity and empowerment in that.

Cool. Seems silly to not just allow these moments of celebration after 22 films.

#238 4 years ago

When you travel through time you also travel to a new dimension.

So if you travel back in time 5 minutes, and hang out with your 5 minute younger self, 5 minutes later you're both still there. Your younger self doesn't have travel, things keep going, you're in a new dimension, with no connection to the old one. You can shoot your younger self in the head, you won't die.

So basically you can change other dimensions, but you can't actually change your own past.

So 2014 Gamora is from another dimension, and now she's gone from that dimension and lives in the main one from the film universe.

It's confusing and dumb and full of unanswered questions. Like basically any time travel gimmick ever. You gotta just roll with it.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I just read in the fall, Captain America will be black and Thor will be a female. Marvel said they want more diversity. I kid you not. This is one guy who is done.

So you’re just out and admitting you’re a racist? That’s a bold strategy I guess. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Am I a racist for preferring James Bond as a white, British male?

Yes. What a dumb question. You do know black people live in the UK right?

Idris Elba has been a long fan favorite pick to play Bond, probably not gonna happen now, but it would have been rad.

Seriously, that's your argument? This thread is really turning to shit as the racist dipshits come out of the woodwork suddenly.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

A board member was insulted for nothing more than defending his choice and then it was insinuated he was a racist.

It's so weird that saying racist things makes people think you're racist, huh. I'm done with this thread, these opinions are gross. Way to ruin some basic fun with bigotry, good job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-end-gameholy-crapwhat-a-movie?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.