(Topic ID: 241566)

Avengers End Game......Holy Crap!....What a Movie!..

By OLDPINGUY

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Avengers End Game”

• Know the Story, Going to see 71 votes
    55%
  • Dont know the story, Going to See 18 votes
    14%
  • Not going at All 39 votes
    30%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
almanac (resized).jpg
15C91A86-FAC9-49C9-8C82-764DE08A4AC4 (resized).jpeg
ducky.gif
20190506_152632 (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
d8jfzJO (resized).png
Here-s-Marvel-s-New-Female-Thor-Photo-Gallery-457961-8 (resized).jpg
Riri-Williams-Iron-Man-Main (resized).jpg
20190428_154209 (resized).jpg
20190428_154142 (resized).jpg
93D23971-C918-43E5-9773-19738731630D (resized).jpeg
4AC727C6-30BD-4835-8462-BB1CC911A309 (resized).jpeg
A2EBF8C7-DEDF-4243-8D8B-D2DC945A44DE (resized).jpeg
There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*Spoilers*
I liked it a lot. If I had to grade it, I'd give it a 99%. Took away one point for one scene. The only one that felt forced. And I'll break it down into three simple words: She. Has. Help.
Eye roll of the century when that line was uttered. Awful. Like, The Last Jedi awful.
That being said, I can't wait to see it again.

Agreed that scene was cheesy.

#102 4 years ago

9 out of 10 for me. Would have been perfect if there weren’t so many plot holes with the time travel aspect. I enjoyed what they did, but just think the logic could’ve been tighter. Movie was well paced for 3 hours and a fitting ending to the infinity war saga.

#103 4 years ago

Two questions have been eating at me since I saw the movie
1. Where the hell did Valkyrie get a pegasus from?

2. Why did they make lightning Thor so worthless in this movie? In Infinity War he dropped in and kicked some ass. In Endgame he couldn't do anything, even when double fisting weapons.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

In Infinity War he dropped in and kicked some ass. In Endgame he couldn't do anything, even when double fisting weapons.

He certainly was double fisting weapons,
and I found it all pretty hilarious. Good flick

93D23971-C918-43E5-9773-19738731630D (resized).jpeg93D23971-C918-43E5-9773-19738731630D (resized).jpeg

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Two questions have been eating at me since I saw the movie
1. Where the hell did Valkyrie get a pegasus from?
2. Why did they make lightning Thor so worthless in this movie? In Infinity War he dropped in and kicked some ass. In Endgame he couldn't do anything, even when double fisting weapons.

1.) I’m guessing Dr. Stranges portals got some pegasus from Asgard or Pegasusland or some shit.

2.) He fat.

#106 4 years ago

I guess. I just assumed that when the lightning flashed and braided his beard that that meant the old Thor was back. Hopefully he'll be in game day shape for GotG 3.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

9 out of 10 for me. Would have been perfect if there weren’t so many plot holes with the time travel aspect. I enjoyed what they did, but just think the logic could’ve been tighter. Movie was well paced for 3 hours and a fitting ending to the infinity war saga.

A writers blog I drop in time to time pointed out some of the plot holes and reinforced how badly Captain Marvel was shoehorned in the movie. For her final appearance it was pointed out that "her large opponent" she trashed would have been removed at the same time all the other ones were which frankly would have been a bit more satisfactory considering what was happening at the moment.

One of the plot holes was "we can only do x so many times because we only have so much x" and then the writers toss that right the hell out of a window a half hour later.

#108 4 years ago

Great movie, lots of fun. I watched Infinity War the night before and think that is the better movie. After End Game I feel ready to take a break from super hero movies for a while.

#109 4 years ago

So just the opening weekend/week international and its already past $1.2B (worldwide) and domestic $350M opening weekend.

#110 4 years ago

Quite a Buzz! The thing I find funny is people that find "issues".....Logic, physics, etc,
that are not "real" in a movie of fantasy super hereos.....Accepting the Avengers as "Real"
then arguing over them, as ive watched this weekend is really weird.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quite a Buzz! The thing I find funny is people that find "issues".....Logic, physics, etc,
that are not "real" in a movie of fantasy super hereos.....Accepting the Avengers as "Real"

Even fiction has certain "rules" in which it operates for each individual fictional universe.

To state "we need x to do x" which was even empathized in the movie how critical it was and then the writer throws that rule away 1/2 hour later is just very bad writing.

#112 4 years ago

Personally, I just suspend all this...but help me out.

Which Marvel Movie succeeded in NOT breaking the "Rules"

As best as I can tell....they all do.....

#113 4 years ago

I couldnt figure out why they cast Joe Biden to play old Cpt America.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

couldnt figure out why they cast Joe Biden to play old Cpt America.

LOL. Thought the same thing. Falcon and cap scene at the end was also a little forced like the girl power scene. C'mon...the dude has no super strength whatsoever.

Any fantasy football fans notice the ultimate nerd Matthew Berry? Sheesh...that guy is painful when he is NOT acting! How does he get in a movie!?!?

And...Thanos stole the show...again!

Glad I got this in the mail last week..

20190428_154142 (resized).jpg20190428_154142 (resized).jpg20190428_154209 (resized).jpg20190428_154209 (resized).jpg
#115 4 years ago

Endgame was very good but not nearly as good at Infinity War in my opinion...it didn't flow nearly as well and Thanos' depth took a hit in my opinion - he was so much more of a badass in Infinity War.

That said, the important characters had perfect conclusions to their story arcs. I just have so many questions and things to nit-pick and it's hard not being able to do that without spoiling it, so I won't. Perhaps in another two weeks or so we can start a thread or pick things up here where we actually discuss certain things aka spoilers.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

LOL. Thought the same thing. Falcon and cap scene at the end was also a little forced like the girl power scene. C'mon...the dude has no super strength whatsoever.
Any fantasy football fans notice the ultimate nerd Matthew Berry? Sheesh...that guy is painful when he is NOT acting! How does he get in a movie!?!?
And...Thanos stole the show...again!
Glad I got this in the mail last week..[quoted image][quoted image]

Falcon has been Captain America several times now - that was a fan service moment; the whole point was that Cap thought he was worthy, not whether or not he has powers.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Falcon has been Captain America several times now - that was a fan service moment; the whole point was that Cap thought he was worthy, not whether or not he has powers.

Chris Evans wants to retire from acting and become a director.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chris-evans-retiring_n_5029020

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Chris Evans wants to retire from acting and become a director.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chris-evans-retiring_n_5029020

Haha he can direct the first Captain Falcon movie

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, did not realize that. Never was a huge Captain America and the Falcon collector. Just always felt strange when you have non- "Super" class heros mixing it up with guys that can throw around tons of weight. I understand Captain America himself was not "super" but you can make an exception for him - he routinely did things that were beyond his written limits. Kind of like Batman in DC.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It's not about 'real'.. It's about good writing and story telling. When you are inconsistent or contradictory with yourself, it is distracting and detracts from what you are trying to lead your audience through.

Great writing can lead you through the most inane topic and you'll be happy to go for the ride. Poor writing makes you turn your nose up and look to get off the bus as soon as possible.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Wow, did not realize that. Never was a huge Captain America and the Falcon collector. Just always felt strange when you have non- "Super" class heros mixing it up with guys that can throw around tons of weight. I understand Captain America himself was not "super" but you can make an exception for him - he routinely did things that were beyond his written limits. Kind of like Batman in DC.

Well Cap does have the Super Soldier Serum going for him - he’s “superhuman” lol...

#122 4 years ago

I am still trying to figure out why Black Widow and Tony can't be brought back by bringing them from months ago in the past and having them live in the present. Gamora did it. I am guessing it may have something to do with Thanos not really loving Gamora so possibly she did not lose her soul for the soul stone when she was sacrificed for it, but bringing anybody from the past should screw up the future events. At the end Gamora probably did not go back in time where she came from because her time portal was destroyed wasn't it?

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am still trying to figure out why Black Widow and Tony can't be brought back by bringing them from months ago in the past and having them live in the present. Gamora did it. I am guessing it may have something to do with Thanos not really loving Gamora so possibly she did not lose her soul for the soul stone when she was sacrificed for it, but bringing anybody from the past should screw up the future events.

Nope they explained in a vague way about divergent timelines.

One character was shot dead yet the future self did not vanish.

Just another example of fuzzy writing.

The reality is all the primary actors are aging out of their roles and were going to have to move along one way or another. In comic books people never really age but they sure do in real life.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Nope they explained in a vague way about divergent timelines.
One character was shot dead yet the future self did not vanish.
Just another example of fuzzy writing.
The reality is all the primary actors are aging out of their roles and were going to have to move along one way or another. In comic books people never really age but they sure do in real life.

Yeah, the time paradoxes were super sloppy & were the thing that bumped me...it diminished any of the emotional beats near the end for me since the nonsense time travel rules sorta made it so nothing really matters. Anything can change if the writers felt like it - or not. For me, the the truest emotional beat was early on when Antman got home.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I couldnt figure out why they cast Joe Biden to play old Cpt America.

This was way too obvious to be accidental it cracked me up.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well Cap does have the Super Soldier Serum going for him - he’s “superhuman” lol...

STRENGTH LEVEL: Captain America represents the pinnacle of human physical perfection. While not superhuman, he is as strong as a human being can be. He can lift (press) a maximum of 800 pounds with supreme effort.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainamerica.htm

#127 4 years ago

Also still processing, sad at some of the people not coming back. Thought it was a good movie. Really enjoyed it. Will see it again. like some of the little tidbits, you see.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This was way too obvious to be accidental it cracked me up.

I think you're right. Hollywood and their politics. It wouldn't surprise me if the next super villain resembled Pres. Trump.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So just the opening weekend/week international and its already past $1.2B (worldwide) and domestic $350M opening weekend.

It’s become so popular around the globe that I’ve heard it referred to as a cultural event, not just a movie release.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am still trying to figure out why Black Widow and Tony can't be brought back by bringing them from months ago in the past and having them live in the present. Gamora did it

old gamora was brought into the future.. but she couldn't stay. That's why after the snap.. she's gone.

And as they said, Hulk already tried to bring her back from AFTER the soul stone moment and could not.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

old gamora was brought into the future.. but she couldn't stay. That's why after the snap.. she's gone.
And as they said, Hulk already tried to bring her back from AFTER the soul stone moment and could not.

Hulk tried to bring back Black Widow.
I expect/suspect Gamora will be back one way or another. The comics follow a different scenario/storyline but Gamora is brought back in those as well. Zoe Saldana is also one of the actors that spoke out so publicly to save James Gunn from being fired (thrown away for past actions/words with no chance of redemption).

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Hulk tried to bring back Black Widow

Sorry, yes... long day and got sloppy writing that. I meant to say BW was the parallel to the situation. Hulk tried to bring Nat back, who was sacrificed the same way as Gamora.. and could not.

The whole 'stones are gone' timeline makes me think they'll go reboot style by switching timelines to a timeline where the stones aren't gone.. and certain people are not dead

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The whole 'stones are gone' timeline makes me think they'll go reboot style by switching timelines to a timeline where the stones aren't gone.. and certain people are not dead

They would have to replace the original actors, who are aging out.

You are not going to see those original figures back; Marvel movies is clearly moving into the whole "grrrrrrl power" phase the SJW books took some time ago. One reason they turned Thor into a bum.

Ground work has already been laid for Lady Thor and Captain Marvel. I would not be the least bit surprised if the Black Panther's super genius sister is the next Iron Man and suspect She-Hulk is not far off. Larson has already been making noise in interviews about a female only Avengers team, how inclusive!

Here-s-Marvel-s-New-Female-Thor-Photo-Gallery-457961-8 (resized).jpgHere-s-Marvel-s-New-Female-Thor-Photo-Gallery-457961-8 (resized).jpgRiri-Williams-Iron-Man-Main (resized).jpgRiri-Williams-Iron-Man-Main (resized).jpg
#134 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's not what happened. 2014 Gamora is now in the 2023 timeline. She doesn't have any attachment to the guardians or iron man because this version of her never spent time with them, so she wasn't at the funeral.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/26/18517938/avengers-endgame-explained-ending-spoilers-easter-eggs

#135 4 years ago

Guardian of the Galaxy Vol 3 - The Search for Gamora

#136 4 years ago

Great movie! But let's be honest. Battle of Winterfell > the final Endgame battle.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Great movie! But let's be honest. Battle of Winterfell > the final Endgame battle.

Not to hijack this thread but I was a little disappointed with the battle of Winterfell. Tactically the Starks suddenly just became idiots, it was so completely out of character. It was a great episode but the entire battle was pointless.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

My Chinese cam copy of Endgame looked better than the dark Battle of Winterfell. Two dragons battling a zombie dragon and I couldn't see shit.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My Chinese cam copy of Endgame looked better than the dark Battle of Winterfell. Two dragons battling a zombie dragon and I couldn't see shit.

I actually went out of my way and upgraded my TV package to specifically pay for Game of Thrones. Next day I get into work and ask my buddy if it was just me or was it super dark and compressed for him. He says of I just downloaded it and someone had done a pass to brighten and balance it so it looked way better but I heard the one on TV was shit. What the fuck, don't be surprised when people pirate when the pirate copy is superior.

#140 4 years ago

Game of Thrones?!? Seriously?

I've seen some thread hijacks in my day, but this one is a doozy.

A vegan, a CrossFitter and an avid Game of Thrones watcher sit down at a table. Who talks first?

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's not what happened. 2014 Gamora is now in the 2023 timeline. She doesn't have any attachment to the guardians or iron man because this version of her never spent time with them, so she wasn't at the funeral.
https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/26/18517938/avengers-endgame-explained-ending-spoilers-easter-eggs

That article adds nothing to support their postulation that she simply 'walked away'. They just say it.. not support it with anything.

She's brought to a planet she doesn't know... has no means of transportation or technology... and everything else that is common with her (brought in through the portal with thanos that wasn't from the present) was just dusted by Iron Man's use of the stones.

And she just sneaks away somehow, or some reason? Just walking away from the sister she just risked everything to bail out 10mins before? Walking away from the cause and the only people she has any connection with in this time? Her entire 'world' as she knows it (everyone she knows, and was working towards) was just DUSTED and she played a part in it.

Sneaking off 'does not compute'

Her staying in the present also needs significant 'exception' discussion because of the universe consistency arguments the movie has setup. We know her present timeline self is trapped with the soul stone.. which is now destroyed. And her past self... has to overcome how she is different from everyone else who just got dusted.. and overcome the timeline issues.

I have no doubt she'll be part of the ongoing GoTG3 story... but just 'sneaking off' doesn't fit IMO.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We know her present timeline self is trapped with the soul stone.. which is now destroyed.

Is it? The time travel aspects of this story are so out in left field I just assumed Black Widow took her place. The stones were never destroyed since Thanos never got the chance to collect them.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That article adds nothing to support their postulation that she simply 'walked away'. They just say it.. not support it with anything.
She's brought to a planet she doesn't know... has no means of transportation or technology... and everything else that is common with her (brought in through the portal with thanos that wasn't from the present) was just dusted by Iron Man's use of the stones.
And she just sneaks away somehow, or some reason? Just walking away from the sister she just risked everything to bail out 10mins before? Walking away from the cause and the only people she has any connection with in this time? Her entire 'world' as she knows it (everyone she knows, and was working towards) was just DUSTED and she played a part in it.
Sneaking off 'does not compute'
Her staying in the present also needs significant 'exception' discussion because of the universe consistency arguments the movie has setup. We know her present timeline self is trapped with the soul stone.. which is now destroyed. And her past self... has to overcome how she is different from everyone else who just got dusted.. and overcome the timeline issues.
I have no doubt she'll be part of the ongoing GoTG3 story... but just 'sneaking off' doesn't fit IMO.

In understanding your perspective, do you think there is a direction they could have taken that would fit?

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Is it? The time travel aspects of this story are so out in left field I just assumed Black Widow took her place. The stones were never destroyed since Thanos never got the chance to collect them.

Incorrect - the whole Thanos gets the stones, and destroys the stones continuity is intact. That's the whole point of Captn taking the stones back to the past.. to ensure the single continuity continues.

But 'putting them back where they found them' really leads to all kinds of messy things.. but the plot they are projecting is the 'stones from the past' go back to the past where they belong.. and everything we saw in the MCU movies before.. continued to happen as they did. Loki is the big wildcard in that one as well.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In understanding your perspective, do you think there is a direction they could have taken that would fit?

I just expect the usual comic book explanation of just introducing something we haven't heard of before and explaining new rules based on that.

I wasn't sure how much they'd focus on her in the next film.. but the Starloard searching scene of course sets it up that she will be the focus.

In the other versions of the stories... there are things like the people killed by the soul stone are trapped somewhere.. so they could go that route too.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

ETA - beat by a couple minutes on the time travel point...

No, the stones used to wipe out half of life in "our" timeline were destroyed by the Thanos that Thor killed. He's still dead, and that set of stones was destroyed (or sent into the quantum realm - I thought Thanos said something about making them the size of atoms. Maybe I misunderstood.)

The Thanos defeated at the end of the movie was from an alternate timeline/universe. That doesn't have anything to do with, and didn't undo, the original timeline Thanos collecting and using the stones.

I have to imagine that they cut out a final scene with Gamora - without them specifically sending her back to her timeline, I would agree that she is likely still here in this timeline, and just left earth. But it doesn't make sense that she just up and leaves Nebula either though. I need to see what it was Quill was tracking or searching for in his final scene with Thor about leadership... I've read it was a search for Gamora - but was for movements of the 2014 version of her, after the battle, that has no relationship with Quill, or searching for something on the original version still possibly in the soul stone?

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

ETA - beat by a couple minutes on the time travel point...
No, the stones used to wipe out half of life in "our" timeline were destroyed by the Thanos that Thor killed. He's still dead, and that set of stones was destroyed

Ah yes, thanks. I was having a senior moment and forgot it was "the future" or 5 years after the snap.

#148 4 years ago

Ill admit, I have a problem with time. But especially Time travel.
It does not matter, what book Ive read. Asimov, Poul Anderson, countless fiction, or an Attempt at Stephen Hawking.

If one opens the concept of time travel and infinite threads of reality, couldnt they find a way to
explain, albeit poorly perhaps, anything and everything?

Say, Thanos from another time went to the future, and discovered he was wiped, couldnt he go back and undo, like
forever, back and forth using the license of Time Travel etc?

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Ah yes, thanks. I was having a senior moment and forgot it was "the future" or 5 years after the snap.

How about Spiderman was still in highschool? I didn't get that scene since highschool is normally 4 years.

#150 4 years ago

SPOILER TALK (do I have to warn? Seems like it's OK now)

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill admit, I have a problem with time. But especially Time travel.
It does not matter, what book Ive read. Asimov, Poul Anderson, countless fiction, or an Attempt at Stephen Hawking.
If one opens the concept of time travel and infinite threads of reality, couldnt they find a way to
explain, albeit poorly perhaps, anything and everything?
Say, Thanos from another time went to the future, and discovered he was wiped, couldnt he go back and undo, like
forever, back and forth using the license of Time Travel etc?

Yeah, time travel and all the paradoxes just gets too goofy...at at some point anything and anyone can change anything at any time, and that's why the finale didn't really emotionally resonate with me.

These bits are bumping me:

-Nebula killed her younger self...she should no longer exist (actually she shouldn't have been able to do it in the first place)
-Now that Gomora won't have her life live out the way we've seen it - she's never met Quill...why does he have memory of their relationship?
-The movie takes place 5 years after the snap. Why are all of Peter Parker's high school friends not 5 years older? Did they all get snapped? That wasn't established...
-If "past" Thanos was the Thanos destroyed by Tony Stark...a lot of what we've seen in the Avengers universe has really happened then, has it? Like...are the Asgardian's on their ship all still alive now? Loki? Now we've got an alternate past Loki and a possibly alive present day Loki!!!

My brain hurts....yeah, yeah "alternate timelines" ....I hate alternite timelines...it's for lazy time travel theory.

For you time travel buffs, I highly recommend a Spanish movie called Time Crimes. It's one of my favorite time travel movies because there are NO PARADOXES...the whole thing is super clever in how it handles the various loops of time travel and how no matter what you think you're going back to do - you can't really change anything...everything is a self-sustaining loop where paradoxes cannot happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-end-gameholy-crapwhat-a-movie/page/3?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.