(Topic ID: 241566)

Avengers End Game......Holy Crap!....What a Movie!..

By OLDPINGUY

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Avengers End Game”

• Know the Story, Going to see 70 votes
    56%
  • Dont know the story, Going to See 18 votes
    14%
  • Not going at All 38 votes
    30%

(126 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
almanac (resized).jpg
15C91A86-FAC9-49C9-8C82-764DE08A4AC4 (resized).jpeg
ducky.gif
20190506_152632 (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
d8jfzJO (resized).png
Here-s-Marvel-s-New-Female-Thor-Photo-Gallery-457961-8 (resized).jpg
Riri-Williams-Iron-Man-Main (resized).jpg
20190428_154209 (resized).jpg
20190428_154142 (resized).jpg
93D23971-C918-43E5-9773-19738731630D (resized).jpeg
4AC727C6-30BD-4835-8462-BB1CC911A309 (resized).jpeg
A2EBF8C7-DEDF-4243-8D8B-D2DC945A44DE (resized).jpeg

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What can I say that doesnt give away anything in the movie, except, "Holy Crap!"....What a Ride!
Yes, there are movie stuff that can be picked apart, but this was one amazing Film!
Im still buzzing in my head.
10/10! All Thumbs Up!
I would Love to see some of movie go backwards into the Pin...Much like the Audio updates to TWD.

How did you go 3 hours w/o smoking? LMAO

#52 1 year ago

Saw it tonight. I dunno. Not sure what I think about it. Lots to like. Lots to not like. The writing was definitely all over the map, maybe the most uneven of the entire Marvel saga.

I think for me the deciding factor is often when there's a movie that makes me feel mixed like that I want to see it again, to sort it out. I have no desire to watch Infinity War or Endgame again. Just don't think I want to sit through all of that again.

Ugh, I really am mixed about it. On one hand it was a fitting end to the saga. On the other, it left me pretty unsatisfied feeling. I think I'm mostly glad they're done, I hope they really move on. It seems like they won't, there's a bunch of "same universe" stuff coming, but I'd actually be happier if they just said "that's the end, we told those stories, time to start clean". Where do you even go from where they left it?

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Saw it tonight. I dunno. Not sure what I think about it. Lots to like. Lots to not like. The writing was definitely all over the map, maybe the most uneven of the entire Marvel saga.
I think for me the deciding factor is often when there's a movie that makes me fill mixed like that I want to see it again, to sort it out. I have no desire to watch Infinity War or Endgame again. Just don't think I want to sit through all of that again.
Ugh, I really am mixed about it. On one hand it was a fitting end to the saga. On the other, it left me pretty unsatisfied feeling. I think I'm mostly glad they're done, I hope they really move on. It seems like they won't, there's a bunch of "same universe" stuff coming, but I'd actually be happier if they just said "that's the end, we told those stories, time to start clean". Where do you even go from where they left it?

That's where I'm at too. I snuck off to see it today without my boy so I wouldn't hear any spoilers, and now I don't want to see it again. It doesn't have that "one more time" vibe like Winter Soldier or Civil War.

I do know they have some more movies lined up with other B list Avengers, and they set that up in Endgame.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

That's where I'm at too. I snuck off to see it today without my boy so I wouldn't hear any spoilers, and now I don't want to see it again. It doesn't have that "one more time" vibe like Winter Soldier or Civil War.
I do know they have some more movies lined up with other B list Avengers, and they set that up in Endgame.

Ant Man was B list for a long time, and his movies are now some of the best in the whole Marvel universe. All it takes to make a B-List Avenger into A-List is talent and imagination. It could happen to any of them at any time.

That said, unless it's EXTREMELY enjoyable and non-derivative, I'm superheroed out at the moment.

#55 1 year ago

It doesn't have that "one more time" vibe like Winter Soldier or Civil War.

The original Avengers, Winter Soldier, and Civil War are the three best Avengers movies, and some of the best of the Marvel films overall. Really strong writing, great acting, really good action scenes, conflict, intrigue, humor. They're just balanced and satisfying and I could watch them all over again right now easy.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Ant Man was B list for a long time, and his movies are now some of the best in the whole Marvel universe. All it takes to make a B-List Avenger into A-List is talent and imagination. It could happen to any of them at any time

I think Ant Man disappointed at the box office compared to the other recent MCU releases. I’d argue Ant Man is still firmly on the super hero b list.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’d argue Ant Man is still firmly on the super hero b list.

Who got pictures taken of him with the kids, and who didn't?

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think Ant Man disappointed at the box office compared to the other recent MCU releases. I’d argue Ant Man is still firmly on the super hero b list.

The two Ant Man movies beat the worldwide gross of the first two "A-List" Thor movies and the first two "A-List" Captain America movies, too. Even if you inflation adjust, the two Cap movies only beat the combined two Ant Man by less than $10 million. Ant Man's A-list grosses and growing box office movie over movie put it on the low end of the A list.

Ant Man's $519 Million worldwide is nothing to sneeze at. But the fact that the sequel did even BETTER at $620 million WW is a pretty good indicator that people wanted more. Plus each pulled in another $100-$150 Million in DVD/BluRay/Streaming so the gross is in the $1.5 billion department combined.

#59 1 year ago

Spoilers!

For comics fans, the future of what happens next is no surprise. Throughout its history, The Avengers roster would change from time to time or when a new writer would take over. So, we will see some more development of characters in solo movies, then the next big Avengers film with new characters replacing the old on the roster: Falcon/cap, Bucky(hopefully), Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Cpt Marvel, Valkyrie, Ant Man and Wasp. Question is will they keep Hulk and will they keep Thor after Guardians 3. Although, I could definitely take a pass on Captain Marvel. That actress and character have zero charisma or personality.

#60 1 year ago

As far as next big Avengers villain(s), I was really hoping for Skrulls and a take on Secret Invasion. But after watching Captain marvel, not so confident. But how awesome if you didn't know which hero was a Skrull in disguise after all this time?

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Although, I could definitely take a pass on Captain Marvel

Same here. It's basically like having Superman on your side. When things are going bad you just wait for her to fly in and save the day.

#62 1 year ago

Same here. It's basically like having Superman on your side. When things are going bad you just wait for her to fly in and save the day.

Worse, she has no weakness. 2 dimensional character.

#63 1 year ago

I think you guys are being unreasonably hard on Capt. Marvel. They have some really great stories to pull from the comics with her, and we've only seen her in one movie and for a few minutes of Endgame.

Sarah Finn is the casting director on all the marvel films except hulk, and she hasn't done us wrong yet.

Quoted from Crile1:

But how awesome if you didn't know which hero was a Skrull in disguise after all this time?

I'm really hoping for some of this. Google the diagonal toast thing for a possible teaser for this.

#64 1 year ago

My least favorite of the marvel movies. Some really lazy stuff in this one... and too much repeating of the same cliche story elements.

The final battle is kind of what comic books want... but again the final twists are cheats imo.

I still don’t give a #*#& about Hawkeye no matter how much they try to make him essential

#65 1 year ago

Great movie! Contest winners from Starport attending the screening with some of our awesome staff!

20190426_222452 (resized).jpg
#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think you guys are being unreasonably hard on Capt. Marvel. They have some really great stories to pull from the comics with her, and we've only seen her in one movie and for a few minutes of Endgame.
Sarah Finn is the casting director on all the marvel films except hulk, and she hasn't done us wrong yet.

I'm really hoping for some of this. Google the diagonal toast thing for a possible teaser for this.

1) Captain Marvel in any form male or female has not been able to sustain a title and has been an ongoing failure in the Marvel comics line for decades. The only reason this version is being put forth is Marvel really has no stand out singular female heroes like Wonder Woman they can flog but has many that are part of teams. Worse most of those teams were owned by Fox till recent.

Jean Gray & Storm (X-men), Invisible Girl (Fantastic Four), Domino (Deadpool and Cable) Scarlet Witch and Black Widow (X-men & Avengers). I would loved to seen a Scarlet Witch movie with Vision but that seems to be dead at the moment. I was pleased to see SW in action during Endgame, they didn't even scratch the surface of what Magneto's daughter can do/did in the comics. She could kill Captain Marvel with ease if they followed canon.

2) Cheese Larson has all the warmth of a tax collector and none of the sex appeal. The women is neither charming nor even pleasant on the eyes. She is a 5 or 6 who thinks she is a 10 and comes across as an unlikable harpy in interviews.

FYI- There was reshoots done on Avengers Endgame and Larsons screen time was reduced.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Who got pictures taken of him with the kids, and who didn't?

Just take the fucking camera!

#68 1 year ago

Do we get an update to the Avengers Pin ?

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Her comic has always failed. There are no iconic captain marvel stories that I can think of. This Captain Marvel character is not a good addition to the Avengers and the actress is not charismatic.

#70 1 year ago

I feel like she was shoe horned into the cast and didn't really add anything to the movie.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

I feel like she was shoe horned into the cast and didn't really add anything to the movie.

Had the same feeling, almost a cameo. Her scene on the ground at Avenger HQ felt very awkward and stiff.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but clearly Stark makes it back. Assuming "option one" that was utilized is not available to save him why not use the Iron Man power supply to power the ship? To me this would have been logical and he had plenty of time to wire it up. It also didn't make sense as they were running out of "supplies" and I didn't see how they got from point A to B without stocking up.

Captain Marvel's screen time at the end of the movie could have been replaced any number of ways and felt ridiculous. Compare and contrast whom she went toe to toe with. She can rip through a battleship but can't stop the clearly mortal opponent she fought briefly?

Lazy writing.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't even know what Avengers is/are.

avengers03 (resized).jpg
#73 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I would loved to seen a Scarlet Witch movie with Vision but that seems to be dead at the moment.

He’s gonna come back somehow, as they’re both going to be in a Disney+ show called Wanda/Vision. Renner’a gonna be in a Hawkeye show, and Loki’s getting a show too.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He’s gonna come back somehow, as they’re both going to be in a Disney+ show called Wanda/Vision. Renner’a gonna be in a Hawkeye show, and Loki’s getting a show too.

Falcon + Winder Soldier are also getting a buddy show.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There are no iconic captain marvel stories that I can think of.

Only one.

A2EBF8C7-DEDF-4243-8D8B-D2DC945A44DE (resized).jpeg
#76 1 year ago

What I'd give for them to take a shot at the original Secret Wars. Bring on battleworld!

#77 1 year ago

Captain Marvel is not a great character, either male or female. Carol Danvers has been all over the place character-wise and nothing sticks. I tried the Kelly Sue Deconnick run and it was not for me at all. When Marvel went through the Marvel Now phase a few years go they tried to elevate her and other characters up. It mostly felt gimmicky and pandering to me. I really did like Jane Foster as Thor but nothing else landed for me. I wish they would let this character fade back away but I know that will not happen. Oh well.

#78 1 year ago

Came back from the move last night and had some cocktails while playing the new Mortal Kombat. Evidently, had a few. Woke up this morning and found out I bought this. Pretty proud of drunk me.

4AC727C6-30BD-4835-8462-BB1CC911A309 (resized).jpeg
#79 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Falcon + Winder Soldier are also getting a buddy show.

I read that they're getting a movie. Black Widow is also getting a prequel movie.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Coming back or will the TV universe be separate from the Movie universe?

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I’m not sure! They’re just lining up a ton of high profile franchise projects, a lot with the original actors.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

They will be the same universe and even tie into future movies is what I have read.

#83 1 year ago

The movie adaptation of Marvel Zombies would be a fun way to introduce the F4 and Dr. Doom properly to the MCU. Get them into the mix for a Secret Wars Avengers movie.

#84 1 year ago

Great movie! Marvel "tipping the hat to you".

BTW...go to google and search for Thanos. On the right where you see the infinity gauntlet click on it. Google's tip of the hat to marvel.

Sorry, just saw oldpinguy posted this as well. Dibs to him, but still worth the repost.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Only one.[quoted image]

And that book was by Jim Starlin who also was the creator of the Thanos character. Mr. Starlin has a cameo in Avengers End Game. He's one of the guys in the counseling group led by Captain America. One of the directors of the film is also in the counseling group as well.

#86 1 year ago

Without giving spoilers, as a Hulk fan.....these past 2 movies totally didnt give Hulk any real screen time....kind of a bummer....

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

Without giving spoilers, as a Hulk fan.....these past 2 movies totally didnt give Hulk any real screen time....kind of a bummer....

Hulk and related characters still owned by Universal Studios. Marvel can use the character in a team movie like Avengers but not in a stand alone movie. Last thing Marvel wants to do is give a character under license to someone else too much screen time building its value up. They would like to get Hulk back someday.

Marvel will go to some lengths to devalue properties. They went out of their way to destroy the X-men franchise in the comics since they were licensed out to Fox. Now that they are back "home" look for a reboot if not happened already.

#88 1 year ago

Saw it tonight, in Dolby with recliners. That was a great way to watch this particular marathon movie.

Overall, a really nice wrap up. That being said, I think "Infity War" was the better movie.

Marvel just did such a nice job with this entire universe right from Iron Man through The Avengers, and past. The Hulk movies were the only sketchy parts here, but heh, 90% success rate is pretty good I think. Really nice journey, and perfectly timed for my kid!

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Saw it tonight, in Dolby with recliners. That was a great way to watch this particular marathon movie.
Overall, a really nice wrap up. That being said, I think "Infity War" was the better movie.
Marvel just did such a nice job with this entire universe right from Iron Man through The Avengers, and past. The Hulk movies were the only sketchy parts here, but heh, 90% success rate is pretty good I think. Really nice journey, and perfectly timed for my kid!

This dude did the AMC theatre 59 hour Marvel marathon leading up to Endgame. The before and after pictures are priceless. Worth a read, for sure.

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/what-its-like-to-see-endgame-after-a-59-hour-22-marvel-movie-marathon

#91 1 year ago

Just saw it last night kinda have mixed feelings on it some parts I really liked it and some I didn't but it was an enjoyable film to watch.

#92 1 year ago

i cant sit thru 3 hours. wont be watching it. rather get a tooth pulled.

#93 1 year ago

*Spoilers*

I liked it a lot. If I had to grade it, I'd give it a 99%. Took away one point for one scene. The only one that felt forced. And I'll break it down into three simple words: She. Has. Help.

Eye roll of the century when that line was uttered. Awful. Like, The Last Jedi awful.

That being said, I can't wait to see it again.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

i cant sit thru 3 hours. wont be watching it. rather get a tooth pulled.

To be honest it does roll along at a decent clip aside from the first hour.

#95 1 year ago

End Game totally delivered for me, do not at all understand the Captain Marvel hate. It is exactly what I expected, a period piece marvel film. Brie Larson is a great actress what did she say to fire up the edge lords and internet trolls.

#96 1 year ago

I came here for spoilers . Anyone want to pm me with the short version of what happens in this movie?

#97 1 year ago

Spoiler don't read if you didn't see it...

What's weird is that there will be a new Black Widow movie but now she's dead. So it will be a prequel of sorts?

#98 1 year ago

Endgame doesn't feel like an end to anything, we have coming up:

Spider-Man: Far From Home
Black Widow
Black Panther 2
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Doctor Strange 2 (maybe)
Most likely another Captain Marvel

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Spoiler don't read if you didn't see it...
So it will be a prequel of sorts?

I read prequel

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

End Game totally delivered for me, do not at all understand the Captain Marvel hate. It is exactly what I expected, a period piece marvel film. Brie Larson is a great actress what did she say to fire up the edge lords and internet trolls.

I am a super Marvel fanboy and even I admit she’s as wooden and uncharasmatic as it gets. Her acting in Room was tremendous, but it turns out she has a knack for PTSD and shellshocked demeanor, because she walks around wvery day on a little off kilter spectrum. I get the complaints. But, I can accept it with her character post-Kree training, as just a shift in personality. The Kree are pretty wooden and humorless.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
4,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Pennsville Township, NJ
There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside