DSC_6020.JPG
plastic.JPG
LokiRelo 003.jpg
LokiRelo 001.jpg
206543-i.jpg
32.png
100_0180.JPG
100_0173.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Just got my Pro, loving it so far. Question...when the ball comes down from the right side near the Iron Man shot, is it to hit the top of the sling? Or can I adjust it so it slides past it?
And that Iron Man shot is to me the hardest shot in the whole game...do I just stink?

It shouldn't hit the sling...it should come to the flipper so you have a chance to combo it to BW or IM again. Mine hit the sling and I didn't like it - so I bent the ball guide slightly so that the ball now goes clean to the flipper every time. You just have to remove the plastic piece above the guide to get to it...really easy - just two screws and it comes off.

Quoted from RDReynolds:

I've been tweaking the difficulty settings. Actually got to the mini wizard mode today! Also had several different versus modes, no idea how I got them or what to do there. Does anyone have a rule sheet? Manual would be good too, I didn't see it on Stern's site?

Avengers rules are incredibly straightforward.

-Start character "mode" by shooting their shot a bunch and lighting all the inserts. Finish mode. Start any mode again, it will be a Vs. mode (except Hulk).

-Finishing modes: Assemble Hawkeye, BW, and IM by spelling their names. Assemble Captain America with the pop bumpers. Assemble Thor by hitting his targets a bunch of times. Assemble Hulk by starting his MB.

-Assemble all Avengers.... Loki Lock lights up for Attack on the Helicarrier.

-Complete all the Vs. modes (and collect Hulk Super Jackpot) to qualify Battle for Earth wizard mode.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Thanks for the info on the rules. On the sling, I am referring to the RIGHT sling. When the ball rolls out of the pop bumper area, or comes back down from the IM area on the right, it hits the top of my right sling. Is that correct?
I have learned the timing to BW or IM out of the left flipper a bit. Hit BW three times in a row a bit ago!
And agreed, people are REALLY missing out of this game.

If it's hitting the sling when it's dribbling from the pops - that's probably OK....but if it's hitting the sling when looping from a clean fast shot to Captain America, then that's not right...it should go to the flipper. Getting to that ball guide is way more of a pain in the ass than the other side....thankfully that side played correctly on mine.

Then again, this is LE/Prem only - I think on the Pro the Cap shot always goes to the pop bumpers....I always forget which gate is 1-way on the Pro.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

The Vs. Mode is were I get confused . There is some info on DMD but I have a hard time understanding who to attack. Example Thor Vs. Iron Man . Do I try to hit THOR And Iron Man or do I focus on just one of them.

Look at the insert lights. For a while both are lit and you hit both...after a buncha hits, it starts to alternate.

Quoted from RobKnapp:Its an Idea. But the switches are all bent to hell form me tweeking them . I did order a pinballlife leaf switch tool. I get tem really sensitive /close together and 8 games later they are not responsive . Maybe it is the rubber ?

As for the sling issues - here is the problem. It's design. Look at the holes that the switches are sticking out of...they are different than most Stern sling switch holes. The usually have a lot of space behind the switch...but not on Avengers for some reason ...so the switch hits the wood and bends back. My best solution so far has been the transparent 2 inch rubbers from Pinball Life. They still get bent a bit...but not nearly as bad as with regular rubber.

Don't bother with the coil settings...that won't affect your slings . There should be an update coming with sling power adjustments like on ST and Metallica.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I thought that Stern said flat out no more Avengers updates? Would be very glad to be wrong on that...

They never said that. They said there are "currently no plans" ....that's not a "no".

1 week later
#76 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

You really need my mod to fix this area....just look at what your missing.

I've got your mod, it rocks! I used Purple LEDs, though....Green is Hulk's color.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-definitive-tweak-guide?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.