Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mannymasy
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_6019.JPG
DSC_6020.JPG
plastic.JPG
LokiRelo 003.jpg
LokiRelo 001.jpg
206543-i.jpg
32.png
100_0180.JPG
100_0173.JPG

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Despite what others would say I am really enjoying my Hulk LE, so this post is not intended as yet another endless discussion on Stern QC or the fun factor of this game. Go find one of the other posts if you need to make a comment on that ...... nuff said.

The game I find is truly enjoyable especially with a couple tweaks. So wondering if people could chime in with their tweaks and specify if Pro or LE so anyone can find them in one spot vs searching through multiple threads. On my Hulk LE I have:

Code update! - anyone with this game is the first thing they should perform.

Raised the clear plastics on the BW ramp (where Hulk bridge and ramp meet) with a couple washers.

Put some moleskin foam on the Hulk hole to keep the ball from bouncing out - this works 100% by the way.

Moved right lane down and then needed to add a second post where the original post used to be to prevent ball hangups.

Still trying to get the game leveled optimally to make the BW shots more consistently.

To compensate for my suckiness I have set all levels to medium excluding BW and Hawkeye which are set to easy as I find it more enjoyable to assemble and collect vs going for score alone.

#2 6 years ago

The wife and I bought a Avengers Pro when it came out. We really enjoy playing it. There have been some issues, but no more than we had with our other pins (AC/DC Pro & X-Men Pro). Almost all have been easy to fix. Actually it give you a chance to get to know the machine (i.e. "get under the hood"). I really don't understand all of this trashing. It seems to be, mostly, the same people. When each new machine comes out I am reminded of Ronald Reagan "there you go again". Are the machines worth the price? Probably not but that's my problem. I am in it for the fun. I have a friend that worked in an arcade in the 80s and 90s. According to him, Bally, Williams and Data East had their problems (especially Williams). Stern will be coming out with a new machine within the next couple of months so guys get your poison pin ready. This is what you do best.

#3 6 years ago

I would mention the plunger adjustment also, I had to remove a washer on mine to get the ball to the pops consistently. It's a great game, adjusting is par for the course with pinball.

#4 6 years ago

I've got an LE Blue. The family's loving it! Some tweaks I had to make:

Two washers under the first section of the bw ramp to make it level with the bridge.

Placed the sticker sent from Stern to cover the two screws by the Loki lock optical sensors. Even after adjustng the plastics the ball was getting caught up between the screws - the sticker they sent completely solved the issue. No more hangups at the Loki lock.

Had to tweak the level of the spinning disc that the cube is on. The level of the disc was sitting just slightly below the pf, and when the ball would slowly roll over it was getting stuck, requiring glass off. There's a nut underneath the disc that can be loosened and then a black allen type screw can be adjusted to lower/raise the disc. Took about 5 minutes to do and no more hang-ups.

I too used moleskin above the Hulk eject as the drop dead foam I tried kept coming off. At the suggestion of another pinsider, I called Stern yesterday and they are sending out a plastic reducer to slow the ball down. Chaz is a good guy, hopefully I get the piece by the end of the week as the moleskin looks pretty ugly on the machine.

#5 6 years ago

You guys are so lucky you don't have Hulk trapping balls every game. I can't play a freaking game without having to take off the glass. I guess Stern just doesn't care, despite several calls, emails, and even a sent video about this. Yes, it happens despite the newest code.

#6 6 years ago

I have had balls get caught under hulks arm, but he releases it after about 10 sec. Never had to take glass off for a ball trapped by him.

#7 6 years ago

We need a fix for the o and k inlanes. It's unacceptable that they are blocked from view.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We need a fix for the o and k inlanes. It's unacceptable that they are blocked from view.

That's my biggest gripe with the game also.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have had balls get caught under hulks arm, but he releases it after about 10 sec. Never had to take glass off for a ball trapped by him.

You are so lucky. Not that you should have to wait 10 seconds, that kills the flow, but at least it comes out eventually. Mine won't come out 95% of the time. I HAVE to take the glass off. REALLY sucks. I love the game, and would imagine without this crap I'm having to deal with, I'd rank it in my top 3 all time for Stern.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You are so lucky. Not that you should have to wait 10 seconds, that kills the flow, but at least it comes out eventually. Mine won't come out 95% of the time. I HAVE to take the glass off. REALLY sucks. I love the game, and would imagine without this crap I'm having to deal with, I'd rank it in my top 3 all time for Stern.

Does your magnet work right? Are the arms moving up and down?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Hmmm. Something doesn't sound right. Sounds like the ball is actually getting stuck somewhere. Ball search does not release the ball? I recommend emailing Patrick directly: patrick.powers@sternpinball.com

#12 6 years ago

Try setting coil power to 'soft.' Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seems to have eliminated the problem with airballs, and I believe it even helps lower the rejects from the BW ramp.

As for the O and K inlanes, just get the outside letter unlit and press the flipper button to move it to the blocked inlane. This has become second nature for me, no need to see the insert. I do this for the right rollover lane as well.

#13 6 years ago

Another thing I noticed was Hulks arm rubs against the rubber on the right of hulk. I can see his arm hitting it and causing friction on the rubber. and that rubber is hard to replace since the bridge has to come off to get to it.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You guys are so lucky you don't have Hulk trapping balls every game. I can't play a freaking game without having to take off the glass. I guess Stern just doesn't care, despite several calls, emails, and even a sent video about this. Yes, it happens despite the newest code.

Is the height/pitch on the game adjusted properly? With the new code that shouldn't happen as much.

#15 6 years ago

I put a strip of painters tape over the back box light bulb just toward the front to cut down on the glare.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Since this is a tweak thread, its pretty easy to add a light under the playfield that lights up the switch holes. I used blue cointaker flex bulbs. I wired to the inserts and connected pinball 555 spotlight sockets. Now when the insert lights so does the switch lane and its very easy to see.

Quoted from cscmtp:

Why do you have to take the glass off? Perhaps done details. I don't see how a ball search can't solve this. The hulk arms should lift up as well as the body twist. With this motion any trapped ball should move. What's different on yours?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Same here for me.

#18 6 years ago

Same with my machine. It will get trapped for maybe 8 seconds then release. Of course I wish that this did not happen but it is not a major issue. I have never had to take the glass off. I would say the main problem on my pin is the auto kicker not getting the ball to the top about 20% of the time.

#19 6 years ago

The arms move up during ball search, but its either too fast an up and down movement, or just not high enough in the air to actually free the ball.

I have sent an email with a video to Patrick's email. No response yet.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

its pretty easy to add a light under the playfield that lights up the switch holes. I used blue cointaker flex bulbs. I wired to the inserts and connected pinball 555 spotlight sockets. Now when the insert lights so does the switch lane and its very easy to see.

Very good idea!

#21 6 years ago

hmmmm, my hulk LE works fine....balls rarely get stuck. I just had to make ramp and shooter
adjustments. The only minor problem is that hulk's left fist is rubbing up against the ramp periodically causing some wear and I don't know how to fix that. Other than that everythings works fine for the fast month.

p

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Does your magnet work right? Are the arms moving up and down?

The magnet does work. The arms do move up and down. Although to my novice eye, I think not high enough up in the air. If it was higher I think the balls would roll free.

#23 6 years ago

Here is a short video of 2 balls stuck on Hulk's right arm..well, looks like it won't take it here.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

The magnet does work. The arms do move up and down. Although to my novice eye, I think not high enough up in the air. If it was higher I think the balls would roll free.

The magnet wiring could still be backwards, meaning the switch of the magnet plate is operating opposite as intended. The pitch of your machine could be off too. Or your opto wheel needs adjustment and tightening.

When the all gets stuck, open the coin door and go to coil test...find the hulk side to side and arm movement options. Fire the coils until ball comes loose. Viola. If you have coin door save activated you'll get your ball back.

New software also prevents hulks fists from hitting the bridge and getting scuffed.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Since this is a tweak thread, its pretty easy to add a light under the playfield that lights up the switch holes. I used blue cointaker flex bulbs. I wired to the inserts and connected pinball 555 spotlight sockets. Now when the insert lights so does the switch lane and its very easy to see.

Can you post a pic of the under playfield light additions and the wiring/solder job?

11 months later
#26 6 years ago

Just got my Avengers Pro a couple of months ago and wanted jump in on this thread - hoping there are more Avengers owners out there who are willing to share more tweaks!

So far, the only tweak I've made is to put Loctite Blue (the non-permanent kind) on the hex screws holding down the tesseract to the plate. One of the screws was often getting loose, causing the plate under the tesseract to tilt and often trap balls that were rolling slowly over it.

The third ball after getting the Loki lock is also getting stuck on the upper right hand lane, where the metal ramp meets the clear vertical plastic - might be a matter for adjusting the leveling,

Also, this is more of a mod than a tweak, but I installed the Pinball Refinery's tesseract mod v2:
http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/~/product/category=4502268&id=19335862

The Pinball Refinery cube looks much, much better than stock, and the blue LED lighting on the cube making it glow is fantastic, if very bright.

4 weeks later
#27 5 years ago

Just got my Pro, loving it so far. Question...when the ball comes down from the right side near the Iron Man shot, is it to hit the top of the sling? Or can I adjust it so it slides past it?

And that Iron Man shot is to me the hardest shot in the whole game...do I just stink?

#29 5 years ago

Mine hits the top of the sling most of the time, but not every time. Never quite felt right to me but that's where it goes so I figured that's what they had in mind. IM is a hard shot! I decided to ease the difficulty on it by a notch. It adds to the game flow to open that orbit. Have fun!

#30 5 years ago

So what kind of settings does everyone have on their machines? I have mine set to easy for Black Widow and Iron Man. Just don't know how on earth it would ever be possible to win those on the default HARD setting.

#31 5 years ago

I wasn't aware of this tweak thread. If anyone has issues with ball hang ups on Hulk, see this thread I started.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-avengers-ball-hang-up-fix#post-1498474

#32 5 years ago

I think I have everything on easy but I need to adjust Hulk and Thor since they are easier.

#33 5 years ago

I've been tweaking the difficulty settings. Actually got to the mini wizard mode today! Also had several different versus modes, no idea how I got them or what to do there. Does anyone have a rule sheet? Manual would be good too, I didn't see it on Stern's site?

#34 5 years ago

Got to buy an LE then you get a manual for only $2,000 more!

#35 5 years ago

I'm also jealous that you are apparently playing pinball while I'm working (well, not this very second obviously).

#36 5 years ago

Played before I went to work.

#37 5 years ago

I set hulk and HE to hard, bw to easy, rest to medium. Only been to atohc three times in a year, very tough game. High score 211 mil, 100 mil of which was bonus of 50 mil on ball 2 and 3.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Just got my Pro, loving it so far. Question...when the ball comes down from the right side near the Iron Man shot, is it to hit the top of the sling? Or can I adjust it so it slides past it?
And that Iron Man shot is to me the hardest shot in the whole game...do I just stink?

Check your level on the ball hitting the sling...no issues here..
IM is the hardest shot in the game for me also. That blue knob between BW and IM seems to be very easy to hit

#39 5 years ago

If you raise the 2 clear plastics above the BW ramp about a 1/4" you can keep BW set on medium, the ball fly's through there now. IM is still tough.

#40 5 years ago

Awesome Pinball. So many pinheads are missing out.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

It shouldn't hit the sling...it should come to the flipper so you have a chance to combo it to BW or IM again. Mine hit the sling and I didn't like it - so I bent the ball guide slightly so that the ball now goes clean to the flipper every time. You just have to remove the plastic piece above the guide to get to it...really easy - just two screws and it comes off.

Quoted from RDReynolds:

I've been tweaking the difficulty settings. Actually got to the mini wizard mode today! Also had several different versus modes, no idea how I got them or what to do there. Does anyone have a rule sheet? Manual would be good too, I didn't see it on Stern's site?

Avengers rules are incredibly straightforward.

-Start character "mode" by shooting their shot a bunch and lighting all the inserts. Finish mode. Start any mode again, it will be a Vs. mode (except Hulk).

-Finishing modes: Assemble Hawkeye, BW, and IM by spelling their names. Assemble Captain America with the pop bumpers. Assemble Thor by hitting his targets a bunch of times. Assemble Hulk by starting his MB.

-Assemble all Avengers.... Loki Lock lights up for Attack on the Helicarrier.

-Complete all the Vs. modes (and collect Hulk Super Jackpot) to qualify Battle for Earth wizard mode.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It shouldn't hit the sling...it should come to the flipper so you have a chance to combo it to BW or IM again. Mine hit the sling and I didn't like it - so I bent the ball guide slightly so that the ball now goes clean to the flipper every time. You just have to remove the plastic piece above the guide to get to it...really easy - just two screws and it comes off.

Thanks for the info on the rules. On the sling, I am referring to the RIGHT sling. When the ball rolls out of the pop bumper area, or comes back down from the IM area on the right, it hits the top of my right sling. Is that correct?

I have learned the timing to BW or IM out of the left flipper a bit. Hit BW three times in a row a bit ago!

And agreed, people are REALLY missing out of this game.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Thanks for the info on the rules. On the sling, I am referring to the RIGHT sling. When the ball rolls out of the pop bumper area, or comes back down from the IM area on the right, it hits the top of my right sling. Is that correct?
I have learned the timing to BW or IM out of the left flipper a bit. Hit BW three times in a row a bit ago!
And agreed, people are REALLY missing out of this game.

If it's hitting the sling when it's dribbling from the pops - that's probably OK....but if it's hitting the sling when looping from a clean fast shot to Captain America, then that's not right...it should go to the flipper. Getting to that ball guide is way more of a pain in the ass than the other side....thankfully that side played correctly on mine.

Then again, this is LE/Prem only - I think on the Pro the Cap shot always goes to the pop bumpers....I always forget which gate is 1-way on the Pro.

#44 5 years ago

Thanks. Has anyone changed out the bulb holders in the slings? Was baffled when I saw they had 555s in there instead of the way more secure 44s...

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Thanks. Has anyone changed out the bulb holders in the slings? Was baffled when I saw they had 555s in there instead of the way more secure 44s...

No but there is something amiss with the slings on The AvengersLE. they just do not fire as they should. I have adjusted the crap out of them and my leaf switched ate bent to hell. I really only care because the slings would help me hit the (T) of the THOR drop targets. No matter how many times I adjust them it never last for long.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Complete all the Vs. modes (and collect Hulk Super Jackpot) to qualify Battle for Earth wizard mode.

The Vs. Mode is were I get confused . There is some info on DMD but I have a hard time understanding who to attack. Example Thor Vs. Iron Man . Do I try to hit THOR And Iron Man or do I focus on just one of them.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

No but there is something amiss with the slings on The AvengersLE. they just do not fire as they should. I have adjusted the crap out of them and my leaf switched ate bent to hell. I really only care because the slings would help me hit the (T) of the THOR drop targets. No matter how many times I adjust them it never last for long.

Get new black sling rubbers from pinballlife. The rubber that came with the game is too soft and when the ball hits, it puts too much force on the switch. The black rubber from pinballlife is stiffer and resists the force enough that the switches should not get bent up.

#48 5 years ago

Also how are Hulk jackpots scored? I've heard Double Jp and Super Jp, no clue how I got them?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Also how are Hulk jackpots scored? I've heard Double Jp and Super Jp, no clue how I got them?

The Smash standup target behind Hulk.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Get new black sling rubbers from pinballlife. The rubber that came with the game is too soft and when the ball hits, it puts too much force on the switch. The black rubber from pinballlife is stiffer and resists the force enough that the switches should not get bent up.

Its an Idea. But the switches are all bent to hell form me tweeking them . I did order a pinballlife leaf switch tool. I get tem really sensitive /close together and 8 games later they are not responsive . Maybe it is the rubber ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside