(Topic ID: 119573)

Looking for Avengers custom sounds - anyone?

By badbilly27

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago

The avengers sound effects and callouts are great and a highlight of the game software as they are. I can't imagine taking the time to redo these based on their current state.

#22 8 years ago

I didn't say the callouts are perfect. I said they're great and not worth redoing. The actors used sound a lot like the avengers earths mightiest heroes cartoon voices and are quite good.

If you think the callouts need to be redone the why don't you spend the 100 hours it takes to isolate the callouts, strip the background noise, clean them up, make sure they're appropriate for the shot or mode, make sure they're the right length in seconds and modify the software yourself? Obviously anyone else capable of doing this agrees it's not worth the time.

#37 8 years ago

I predict this project is never completed. The amount of work isolating each sound from the background noise let alone finding each sound in hours of movie footage is incredible.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Your positive posts are so encouraging.
Just because you sold your Avengers awhile ago and feel remorse now because you'll be left out doesn't mean you need to keep yanking it out and spraying on our legs. Get behind the project with some recommendations for "Captain America!!" instead of nay saying and being against it.

My avengers is in my game room right now. I simply don't think this will get done.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So I guess the work that Cleland and Millhouse have done on TWD has escaped you? How is that different from what he's proposing to do here? Having another version of call outs and music seems like a good thing. I am excited. He now has two movies to pull audio clips from. I don't know why you feel the need to be negative.

It's not different. I didn't say it can't be done. I said it's a huge amount of work and I don't think it will be done. Prove me wrong.

Probably some of the most helpful things folks can do is find quotes at exact time indexes in various movies so the one doing the work can get here easily.

2 months later
#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Cleland, any word on this?
So excited for you to work some magic

Holy crap. He gave an update:

Quoted from cleland:

Just an update on this that I am working on it and my goal is to be done before Christmas. Hang in there Avengers owners!
And yes, you can stuff my stockings when it's done

Why can't all the thankless takers just let the guy work in peace? It takes over a hundred hours to do something like this *for free*. I imagine the harping here would make me want to just stop doing it.

1 week later
#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Dude you are such a dick. You don't even think the project can be completed (your words) so why even come back to this thread and troll it?
Thankless takers? I paypaled Kevin money in advance in good faith to let him know taking this project on was appreciated.
He mentioned Thanksgiving then Christmas as a possibility. Real life often gets in the way and I/we understand that. I don't think asking him to see how it's coming is so terrible. Just shows excitement for the project.

My words are in post #44 of this thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-custom-code-anyone#post-2724376) and it does *not* say it cannot be done. You didn't read the first time and you seemed to not have read the second time.

And yes, sending a donation does not "purchase" you the right to hound the poor guy doing the work. When he gives an update and only 10 days later is being hounded on another update, yea I think that is "so terrible". Simply let the guy work. It's obvious he is doing his best and it's going to happen at this point.

3 weeks later
#88 8 years ago

I think feature #59 is attenuation so -60 would raise it and 60 would lower it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-custom-code-anyone?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.