(Topic ID: 119573)

Looking for Avengers custom sounds - anyone?

By badbilly27

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I am def down to donate to his cause for the work he is putting in

right on bro

#52 3 years ago

I'm down to donate as well

#53 3 years ago

He is hard at work on it. I donated already so he can buy the second movie and buy some lunch and a six pack while he works on it:

kevin@maitaistudios.com

1 month later
#54 3 years ago

Just an update on this that I am working on it and my goal is to be done before Christmas. Hang in there Avengers owners!

And yes, you can stuff my stockings when it's done

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just an update on this that I am working on it and my goal is to be done before Christmas. Hang in there Avengers owners!

Awesome!!!!!
Can't wait!!!!!!

#56 3 years ago

Cleland you have to replace the main play music with a new mix. I was listening to the Avengers Age of Ultron Soundtrack and thought that the songs Heroes (Age of Ultron) and New Avengers (Age of Ultron) would be awesome in the pin as the main play music! Give them a listen there is a very heroic sound to certain parts of those songs.

1 week later
#57 3 years ago

Cleland, any word on this?
So excited for you to work some magic

#58 3 years ago

Santa is coming ......

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Cleland, any word on this?
So excited for you to work some magic

Holy crap. He gave an update:

Quoted from cleland:

Why can't all the thankless takers just let the guy work in peace? It takes over a hundred hours to do something like this *for free*. I imagine the harping here would make me want to just stop doing it.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why can't all the thankless takers just let the guy work in peace? It takes over a hundred hours to do something like this *for free*. I imagine the harping here would make me want to just stop doing it.

Way to be in the Holiday Spirit

Mr Grinch

image.jpeg

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Dude you are such a dick. You don't even think the project can be completed (your words) so why even come back to this thread and troll it?

Thankless takers? I paypaled Kevin money in advance in good faith to let him know taking this project on was appreciated.

He mentioned Thanksgiving then Christmas as a possibility. Real life often gets in the way and I/we understand that. I don't think asking him to see how it's coming is so terrible. Just shows excitement for the project.

#62 3 years ago

Nobody here is putting pressure. Cleland did amazing work with TWD we are just so excited with the project we just can't keep quiet.

The guy is getting a hell of a reputation for himself and yes he is not charging people does it mean we are not going to show grattitude and get him something ?

I think this hobby is more than money to people (well good people) it should be about having a good time, improving the pinball experience.

Anyway keep up the good work

#63 3 years ago

Hey guys quick update. Yes, life and the holidays have slowed me down a bit on this, but I have logged another 20 or so hours on this in the last 5 days. I am close to posting the first revision...maybe even tomorrow sometime. I will say that this one is harder for me than TWD because I don't have an Avengers game to play test on and it's tough to see how it will all mesh out in the game. A couple of you have beta tested an early version and sent me video which helps, but is not like having the game in person.

That all being said, when I post my first build I will also have a link to the sound files which are labeled by character, quote, and time.
Those that are even a little savy in pinball browser and have the game might be able to contribute and build the code even better than my base start. Thanks for your patience and understanding. It is happening though.

Oh, on another note the Fury call outs for when you start a superhero are a bitch (as I think Markmon mentioned at some point).
They are chopped up into multiple small files instead of a single quote. I can't wait to see how those come out....lol.

#64 3 years ago

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to try it out.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Dude you are such a dick. You don't even think the project can be completed (your words) so why even come back to this thread and troll it?
Thankless takers? I paypaled Kevin money in advance in good faith to let him know taking this project on was appreciated.
He mentioned Thanksgiving then Christmas as a possibility. Real life often gets in the way and I/we understand that. I don't think asking him to see how it's coming is so terrible. Just shows excitement for the project.

My words are in post #44 of this thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-custom-code-anyone#post-2724376) and it does *not* say it cannot be done. You didn't read the first time and you seemed to not have read the second time.

And yes, sending a donation does not "purchase" you the right to hound the poor guy doing the work. When he gives an update and only 10 days later is being hounded on another update, yea I think that is "so terrible". Simply let the guy work. It's obvious he is doing his best and it's going to happen at this point.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

My words are in post #44 of this thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-custom-code-anyone#post-2724376) and it does *not* say it cannot be done. You didn't read the first time and you seemed to not have read the second time.
And yes, sending a donation does not "purchase" you the right to hound the poor guy doing the work. When he gives an update and only 10 days later is being hounded on another update, yea I think that is "so terrible". Simply let the guy work. It's obvious he is doing his best and it's going to happen at this point.

Try reading #37 where you said the project wouldn't be completed. Thanks for your support. Move along and make sure not to upload the new file when Kevin is done with it.

Hounding? Oh come on, he is hardly being hounded by a few comments on a thread asking how it was going. For fucks sake.

#67 3 years ago

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to try it out!!!
Happy Holidays

#68 3 years ago

Too much passion hahahahaha

#69 3 years ago

Cleland, pm when you have it done please. Love to try it on my HulkLe. Donation will follow.

#70 3 years ago

OK, if you're feeling adventurous I have my first stab at The Avengers code posted.
It is a zip archive that contains both the LE and the Pro .BIN files and two folders full of sounds in case you want to dabble in Pinball Browser. One folder is from the first movie, the other folder is from Age of Ultron.

Simply load the .BIN file on a flash drive (make sure you choose the proper file LE is in the filename for LE's) and load on to your machine.
There should be a game setting for speech volume (if it's like Walking Dead) set the value to around -15 so that the sounds are clear and present. The higher the negative setting the louder the speech (if it's like Walking Dead).

If anyone can shoot any video and post it that would be helpful too.
Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/Avengers%20Sound%20Replacements.zip

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

OK, if you're feeling adventurous I have my first stab at The Avengers code posted.
It is a zip archive that contains both the LE and the Pro .BIN files and two folders full of sounds in case you want to dabble in Pinball Browser. One folder is from the first movie, the other folder is from Age of Ultron.
Simply load the .BIN file on a flash drive (make sure you choose the proper file LE is in the filename for LE's) and load on to your machine.
There should be a game setting for speech volume (if it's like Walking Dead) set the value to around -15 so that the sounds are clear and present. The higher the negative setting the louder the speech (if it's like Walking Dead).
If you anyone can shoot any video and post it that would be helpful too.
Let me know how it goes.
Thanks!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/Avengers%20Sound%20Replacements.zip

On it!!

#72 3 years ago

This is awesome Cleland! Thank You! I just installed this on my Avenger's Pro. I'm still messing with the speech volume, It's different than TWD. The "Shooter Lane" and "Main Play" music is perfect. After I play it some more I'll let you know and will post a short review on how it plays. Thanks again!

#73 3 years ago

Yea Avengers music and volume settings are weird. They go from -60 to 60 with no discernible difference

#74 3 years ago

Have you guys tried messing with the values under both Standard and Game settings?
On TWD you get results by playing with the speech and music volume under game settings, not standard.

#75 3 years ago

On Avengers there are standard adjustments and feature adjustments.

Under standard adjustments there is a music volume adjustments #47 that goes from 1-15. But no speech adjustment. I don't notice any difference.

Feature adjustments have both music and speech that don't appear to effect anything.

#76 3 years ago

TWD speech is loud and clear, but I can't get the speech volume loud enough on Avengers. Sound effects are dominating the new callouts. Factory Loki and Hulk speech sound fine.

#77 3 years ago

Factory voice volume on my AVLE is too low, the sound effects and music drown it out. I wish Stern would fix the volume adjustment bug!

cleand, this looks awesome! I may give it a go...

#78 3 years ago

I mentioned to Jared about this volume adjustment bug but all I was told to do was stay tuned

#79 3 years ago

guys, just curious if anyone has installed cleland's custom code ... I was going to do this but just heard from someone that Stern was in the process of releasing another code for Avengers. That would be awesome and hopefully cleland will implement his changes into the new version of code.

#80 3 years ago

cleland I've been preoccupied with new job so haven't been following this thread. Thank you!! You da man.

I'll be downloading the code and will jump in and beta whatever you need. Really appreciate you taking this on.

#81 3 years ago

Celand you and this guy might want to tag team on this project. He just posted some music updates to Avengers. FYI..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-new-music-sound-mod#post-2885290

#82 3 years ago

I did not have the time to try it enough but try setting music at 1 in the menu where you can set it from 1 to 15 and in the other menu wich offers both music and speech I tried setting speech at -60 and music + 60.

Still some custom speech are lower than custom default stock speech but at least you can hear them better.

So far love the avengers theme and the few callouts I heard.

You add colordmd code recently release and possibility of a Stern update code......sweet.

I'll get in contact with you Cleland and appreciate what you've done. We'll talk more.

2 weeks later
#83 3 years ago

Cleland is it fair to assume you may be updating with the new code?

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Cleland is it fair to assume you may be updating with the new code?

There is a bug in Pinball Browser when opening
The new 1.7 code all speech is sped up. Waiting for Oga to help/confirm.
What I really need is for someone to confirm the speech volume in settings now works. Can you test that?

#85 3 years ago

I'll test the speech volume today and report back.

#86 3 years ago

I went into adjustments>Avengers feature adjustments>#59 Voice. I raised it to 60 played the game and didn't notice any difference. Turned off machine, played it again and didn't notice a difference either. I'm concluding while the setting is there, it in fact does not work.

Anyone else able to confirm my experience?

#87 3 years ago

The thing that confuses me is there are 2 music volume settings and one voice setting.

Also, are the negative numbers quieter?

#88 3 years ago

I think feature #59 is attenuation so -60 would raise it and 60 would lower it

#89 3 years ago

markmon thanks for the advice. I went back to feature #59 and changed setting to -60 and I still did not notice a difference in the voice level. If someone else wants to validate, that would be great.

1 month later
#90 3 years ago

reviving this - Schwaggs is helping me pick up an AVLE some time in the next few weeks!

I would like to do/donate whatever it takes to fix Stern's shortcoming on AVLE. I have Cleland on my TWDLE and can't imagine playing with any other sounds.

1 week later
#91 3 years ago

Cleland provided me some sounds- I'll be attempting this over the next cpl wks.

#93 3 years ago

I have some time now too if you need more testers.

#94 3 years ago

thx Billy. Took first pass yesterday with mixed results. Will continue fine tuning before ready to pass to you for additional testing.

1 month later
#96 2 years ago

Thanks KG! Can't wait to try it out!

1 month later
#97 2 years ago

Any news on this? Would love to try it out.

3 weeks later
#98 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

thx Billy. Took first pass yesterday with mixed results. Will continue fine tuning before ready to pass to you for additional testing.

I never got back to you KG - sorry. The sounds seem a bit quiet. Any suggestions on how to raise them up?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside