11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Anyone have any word of when a New code will hit the streets?

#2 11 years ago

I'm glad we have a good solid working game, I'm not sure how much attention avengers will get since it hasn't seemed to sell well. The only thing helping us is that the license is so strong, and at the start of its movie series, so there will be many more movies to come, so they may put effort into the software yet.

#3 11 years ago

What more does the code need? To me, it feels fantastically solid and everything is there. I think they probably moved on and rightfully so. Is there something specific you had in mind?

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What more does the code need? To me, it feels fantastically solid and everything is there. I think they probably moved on and rightfully so. Is there something specific you had in mind?

Here's a few things it needs which you guys prob won't get since its not Lyman's game:
-BW spinner rules
-DMD explanation of the blue targets
-fix thors flashing light; sometimes doesn't pulse when assembled.
-fix how the magnet fires when hulk is hit. Sometimes the magnet will fire behind hulk just before he lowers his arms. Rare, but it does happen.
-fix nick fury random reward as it sometimes will get overridden by another function in the game and not display the award.
-add some more random nick fury rewards like; spot BW letter, spot IM letter, spot Thor letter, fast scoring, 1.5x damage by CA for 15 secs., etc...
-add a lockout or jackpot rules to LOKI inserts so that when a player keeps spelling LOKI when ball lock is lit or during Loki mb something happens. There's no additional rule. Or at least lock the lights so the player can't spell Loki anymore.

Those are just to name a few items that are deserved from a 7k pin.

#5 11 years ago

Here is a wishlist thread for Avengers code:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-code-wish-list

There are a fair amount of cool things that could be added to make the game even better.
I especially would like to see the diverter for the Black Widow shot send the ball to the scoop when extra ball is lit.
Also, Shield award animation should be visible longer and not get overridden by other action on the playfield.

#6 11 years ago

A ball search that actually functions, Markmon. How about that one? We had an op put one on location at a Cinemark here in Dallas, it's got some wierd "friction tape" crap in the lock lane that is snagging balls and slowing them down, presumably so the opto or eddy sensor or whatever the hell it is that detects balls there can actually read them. Only problem? It STOPS THEM DEAD. You have to shake the machine to get them out of the lock, and even THEN they move so slow the post dropping for .25 of a second isn't enough to let them get out, or even airballed by the post. It just goes down, up, ball goes nowhere.

Dumb. Dumb. DUMB. I can live with the hulk snags, but the combo of the friction tape snagging the balls before they even get to the sensor, and when they get TO the sensor that they roll slower than molasses and the ball search screws it all up and eventually errors out marking the ball lock mech as dead... EPIC FAIL

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

A ball search that actually functions, Markmon. How about that one? We had an op put one on location at a Cinemark here in Dallas, it's got some wierd "friction tape" crap in the lock lane that is snagging balls and slowing them down, presumably so the opto or eddy sensor or whatever the hell it is that detects balls there can actually read them. Only problem? It STOPS THEM DEAD. You have to shake the machine to get them out of the lock, and even THEN they move so slow the post dropping for .25 of a second isn't enough to let them get out, or even airballed by the post. It just goes down, up, ball goes nowhere.
Dumb. Dumb. DUMB. I can live with the hulk snags, but the combo of the friction tape snagging the balls before they even get to the sensor, and when they get TO the sensor that they roll slower than molasses and the ball search screws it all up and eventually errors out marking the ball lock mech as dead... EPIC FAIL

That is not friction tape. That is tape to help prevent ball hang-ups where the plastics have an opening for screws.The problem is that the guide plastic needs to be loosened and then pushed wider and then re-tightened to make the ball path wider. The operator has not set the game up properly. Once this is done it will stay that way.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is not friction tape. That is tape to help prevent ball hang-ups where the plastics have an opening for screws.The problem is that the plastics need to be loosened and then pushed wider and then re-tightened. The op has not set the game up properly. Once this is done it will stay that way.

This.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I especially would like to see the diverter for the Black Widow shot send the ball to the scoop when extra ball is lit.

yes, this would be great. I agree with Markmon the code is pretty good, but the game needs a couple more adjustments as Eskaybee list out. Has anyone contacted stern or George about it? I sent him a message a while back and he said no more code updates on this game so maybe they think its 100% done. Personally I think it needs a couple more things.

Hoping Stern reads this thread because some good suggestions --> http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-code-wish-list

#10 11 years ago

This is Stern we are talking about.What you see is what you get for the most part.Their energy seems to now be directed towards Metallica and all the variations to be at a dealer near you soon.New codes eventually ? Maybe.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

yes, this would be great. I agree with Markmon the code is pretty good, but the game needs a couple more adjustments as Eskaybee list out. Has anyone contacted stern or George about it? I sent him a message a while back and he said no more code updates on this game so maybe they think its 100% done. Personally I think it needs a couple more things.
Hoping Stern reads this thread because some good suggestions --> http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-code-wish-list

I emailed George about the bugs. He sent me to Lonnie. Lonnie showed no care - *EDIT* I stand corrected. The word assume really made an ass out of me on this one. Lonnie is on it boys. See below quote.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Patience isn't always our strong suit in this hobby, especially when it comes to high dollar new pins. We tend to get disgruntled easy as is the case of my recent personal experience. So as I take my foot out of my mouth and apologize to AV owners about What I said about Lonnie not caring. Mark my words now, he does care and is showing effort. We all agree that Avengers feels complete and is a great game. We can chalk that up to Lonnie's work and getting us stellar code at the time of release.
That said, my apologies go out to Lonnie. Like I said, patience isn't always our strong suit. And after recent events, I do forsee and update coming your way AV owners. It may just be a bug fix, but at least it shows how dedicated these guys are for getting a game 100% top notch.
SKB

#12 11 years ago

10 bucks says stern gives you guys a "Christmas present" in the form of a POWERpack. But they're 0 for 3 on good powerpacks so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

SKB

#13 11 years ago

Most likely a long long time like every other game?

#14 11 years ago

I agree with Markmon that the game is pretty good as is. But in that case isn't ac/dc then? I just find it's not fair to buyers of the pin, in this case avengers (same goes for xmen btw), that they don't get same eye for detail they are putting in the code of ac/dc. And i know and understand that ac/dc is a big sale cannon for Stern, but if people see that Stern isn't treating every game equally they are gonna wait until they are sure which one gets the full treatment. I know i am!

#15 11 years ago

ac/dc gets the extra care because Lyman is the man.

If George says no more updates, then I guess that's it, considering he's not just a designer but vp over there.

#16 11 years ago

I guess I can understand them being done with it as it's not cost effective for them to keep developing the game. I just wish they would fix the random award screen being cancelled out by the next function of the game. I never see what I get.

Lyman is the man for developing a game with passion and wanting it to be the best it can be. Wish they could all be that way.

#17 11 years ago

MAYBE they are managing expectations. They say no more updates so we accept what we have and don't bitch and bother them. Then if one comes later, its like a bonus.

Game is pretty finished and solid as is. Anything else would be great, but just added gravy.

I do agree with most of what has been posted about what should be done.

#18 11 years ago

After reading this thread, I played my Hulk, and I have to say, if this is how the game will stand for the rest of time, then I am completely fine with it. There is nothing broken about it. Sure we can always see things improved but the game is excellent as it stands.

Out of curiosity, I set the right ramp divertor to "competition" and it kept sending the balls over the hawkeye ramp, except when Loki lock was lit, then loki got them. otherwise they get sent over the ramp. So this does effectively shut down the "Loki all day" strategy of repeatedly going right flipper to hawkeye and keep picking up Loki and hawkeye Vs modes over and over again (on LE and Premium anyways).

I personally prefer the diverter control, since I don't play that way, so I leave override on.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

After reading this thread, I played my Hulk, and I have to say, if this is how the game will stand for the rest of time, then I am completely fine with it. There is nothing broken about it. Sure we can always see things improved but the game is excellent as it stands.
Out of curiosity, I set the right ramp divertor to "competition" and it kept sending the balls over the hawkeye ramp, except when Loki lock was lit, then loki got them. otherwise they get sent over the ramp. So this does effectively shut down the "Loki all day" strategy of repeatedly going right flipper to hawkeye and keep picking up Loki and hawkeye Vs modes over and over again (on LE and Premium anyways).
I personally prefer the diverter control, since I don't play that way, so I leave override on.

Thanks for posting this info. I also prefer the diverter control setting because it adds to the player's action, but if it was a tournament setting then definitely the competition mode makes sense and was smart to implement in the code.

#20 11 years ago

So, just for clarity sake, here's the logic of the Hawkeye ramp diverter setting:

1) Normal - Hawkeye shots are sent over the hawkeye ramp to left flipper until Hawkeye mode is started. Then balls are sent to right flipper until Hawkeye mode is completed (collected) or Loki lock is lit and Loki takes the ball.

2) Override - The player can select to send the ball to left or right flipper by holding it down while the ball goes up the hawkeye ramp, unless Loki is lit, then Loki lock takes the ball.

3) Competition - All balls sent up Hawkeye ramp get sent to left flipper, unless Loki lock is lit.

#21 11 years ago

Override sounds neat. So if I shoot the ramp and hold left flipper it goes left otherwise it goes right?

#22 11 years ago

yup.

#23 11 years ago

Updated code would be nice, but it's very good as is. I see two main things to fix:

1. Sometimes the extra ball is slow to register if something else is going on.
2. Nick fury shots get washed out if something else is going on.

#24 11 years ago

Okay, but fixing that ONE issue with the ball save would completely mitigate operator error like that, and keep the game earning on location and playable. Just let the post stay down for 1 second instead of 1/10th of a second. DONE.

#25 11 years ago

Patience isn't always our strong suit in this hobby, especially when it comes to high dollar new pins. We tend to get disgruntled easy as is the case of my recent personal experience. So as I take my foot out of my mouth and apologize to AV owners about What I said about Lonnie not caring. Mark my words now, he does care and is showing effort. We all agree that avengers feels complete and is a great game. We can chalk that up to Lonnie's work and getting us stellar code at the time of release.

That said, my apologies go out to Lonnie. Like I said, patience isn't always our strong suit. And after recent events, I do forsee and update coming your way AV owners. It may just be a bug fix, but at least it shows how dedicated these guys are for getting a game 100% top notch.

SKB

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Override sounds neat. So if I shoot the ramp and hold left flipper it goes left otherwise it goes right?

I think it may go to the direction that you last selected but don't quote me on that.
You have to hold the flipper button before the ball gets to the diverter in the upper right corner.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That is correct. I think its a great feature having control of where the ball goes. Surprised you have not tried this setting out yet.

I also hope that Lonnie and the rest of the Avengers crew read these forums. This game needs one more update to make it perfect. It's always the last couple polished things that make or break a good game.

I love avengers, but it just needs a couple finishing touches to complete it. The blue target explanation, better rewards for hitting Nick Fury (random shot award), proper combos would be nice, some more tesseract modes of play or hurry-ups. I never shoot for tesseract only character shots. Also I agree about the extra ball issues and not diverting to the EB.

and please .............. could ya please add SFX's to idle flipper presses

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, but fixing that ONE issue with the ball save would completely mitigate operator error like that, and keep the game earning on location and playable. Just let the post stay down for 1 second instead of 1/10th of a second. DONE.

It's not up to the code to work around tape and other crap that someone might add

#29 11 years ago

Oops

#30 11 years ago

I'm assuming Lonnie lurks here...

Lonnie, Avengers is great already, you did do a fantastic job on getting a great game out the door, version 1.4 was even better. We will all be super appreciative of a final polish to make this one for the ages.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I emailed George about the bugs. He sent me to Lonnie. Lonnie showed no care - *EDIT* I stand corrected. The word assume really made an ass out of me on this one. Lonnie is on it boys. See below quote.

So you are saying a code update will eventually be available?

#32 11 years ago

I'm not saying squat anymore. I don't want to make any speculations or assumptions on events that I not know.

#34 11 years ago

But I would like to say Lonnie does care about this game and updates aren't up to him.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm assuming Lonnie lurks here...

It's been said many times here before, but it is probably worth repeating: it can very much be assumed that many Stern employees read Pinside.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's been said many times here before, but it is probably worth repeating: it can very much be assumed that many Stern employees read Pinside.

I'd hope so. For all of our bitching and complaining, there is some pure gold free R&D on this site for them to use. So many talented, passionate and knowledgeable people on this site.

#37 11 years ago

Since everybody says Stern reads pinside:
I would love to see the Avengers code wishlist link taken serious by Stern. I am happy with Avengers, but it could be really special with many of the improvements suggested in that thread. The game deserves the same attention that ACDC and XMEN have been receiving.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-code-wish-list

#38 11 years ago

I think acdc gets attention because Lyman owns it and works on it at home. Xmen gets attention because it was badly needed. Avengers code is currently far above quality of xmen code even today.

#39 11 years ago

The horror to think they might read our posts. "Chills"

image.jpgimage.jpg

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm not saying squat anymore. I don't want to make any speculations or assumptions on events that I not know.

Aw c'mon! If everyone had that attitude these forums would be a ghost town!

#41 11 years ago

I get my Avengers Hulk in Allentown. I can't wait.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But I would like to say Lonnie does care about this game and updates aren't up to him.

Umm, then can he not do it in his own time? ( like say Lyman does )
Isn't this taking care?

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's a few things it needs which you guys prob won't get since its not Lyman's game:
-BW spinner rules
-DMD explanation of the blue targets
-fix thors flashing light; sometimes doesn't pulse when assembled.
-fix how the magnet fires when hulk is hit. Sometimes the magnet will fire behind hulk just before he lowers his arms. Rare, but it does happen.
-fix nick fury random reward as it sometimes will get overridden by another function in the game and not display the award.
-add some more random nick fury rewards like; spot BW letter, spot IM letter, spot Thor letter, fast scoring, 1.5x damage by CA for 15 secs., etc...
-add a lockout or jackpot rules to LOKI inserts so that when a player keeps spelling LOKI when ball lock is lit or during Loki mb something happens. There's no additional rule. Or at least lock the lights so the player can't spell Loki anymore.
Those are just to name a few items that are deserved from a 7k pin.

You sir hit the nail on the head!
a little tweak here and there and - Avengers - could be the best out there for some time.....

If not, It's really starting to look like, If Lyman isn't doing the code, then don't buy the machine.
I bet Metallica will have all it's glory coded! ( lucky for them) Shame for us (

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

a little tweak here and there and - Avengers - could be the best out there for some time.....
If not, It's really starting to look like, If Lyman isn't doing the code, then don't buy the machine.
I bet Metallica will have all it's glory coded! ( lucky for them) Shame for us (

I feel this way exactly. If the next Ritchie machine is a Ritchie/Sheats product, my money is there. If not, I will probably say forget it.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I bet Metallica will have all it's glory coded! ( lucky for them) Shame for us

I'm beginning to feel this way too. No Lyman coding, no purchase. Sad but true.

#46 11 years ago

They are going to push every machine as being done by Lyman- Do you think Waison has been making the coffee there since X-men? Have you heard of what machine he's working on? NOPE.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is not friction tape. That is tape to help prevent ball hang-ups where the plastics have an opening for screws.The problem is that the plastics guide plastics need to be loosened and then pushed wider and then re-tightened to make the ball path wider. The operator has not set the game up properly. Once this is done it will stay that way.

I'm the operator of this game and will try this next time I'm out there. Thanks for the pointers!

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I happen to KNOW they do, they are not allowed to respond though.

#49 11 years ago

I hope Stern realized that The Xmen and TFLE updates put them back in the game. Doing even small updates is not about that game itself but the message to buying games going forward. Especially with JJP on the heels its just smart business. The more they make people feel comfortable that games will be tweaked the more people will commit.
Please Stern see this opportunity and use it well ; )

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Umm, then can he not do it in his own time? ( like say Lyman does )
Isn't this taking care?

It's unreasonable to expect a software developer to work on his own time. Because Lyman love the games, owns them, and fixes them on his own does not mean anyone should expect all employees to work for free.

Quoted from Squizz:

It's really starting to look like, If Lyman isn't doing the code, then don't buy the machine.

It's silly that Lonnie could release such a nice and complete code with a great ruleset like on avengers and still have people with this craply attitude. Avengers released with great code. It took over 6 months for acdc to get a decent code update. Avengers really does not need an update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-code-when and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.