1482_4_0243.jpg
BDK_Pinball_006.JPG
P1030662.JPG
Avengers_010.JPG
Avengers_007.JPG
DSC08787.JPG
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Played several games at Cactus Jack's in Ok City tonight. My first exposure. At first I felt like way too hard bricking every shot, typical for me with new pin. But after game three I started to hit the black widow ramp. Avengers is good. Maybe better than Xmen pro. Maybe as good as AC/DC pro. I did have several beers. I guess my final evalutation is Avengers is a new stern and plays like all the rest of the new Sterns - really well. Sounds great, looks great. Wish I could play in a home environment so I could really hear the sound.

As an aside, the tech was there. He spent all his time on Avengers and one of their 3 or 4 TZ . I played AV right after he got done with it.

T2 stole my credits and the attendant doubled my money on complaint. Great place to get a cold beer and play some pin.

As a further aside...this was my first time to play location pin in over a year. Just hard to find anymore.

#2 10 years ago

Is this the start of the Official Avengers lovefest thread?

#3 10 years ago

No

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Well, I really think it could be

DSC08787.JPGDSC08787.JPG

#5 10 years ago

Avengers a great game, but it has to be leveled perfectly and dialed in for it to play right. You are correct, the shots are way to hard for the casual play. You need to play it several times before you start getting into the groove. My Black Window record is 7 shots in a row. I have had my for sale at $5400 OBO and I am amazed it hasn't sold???

#6 10 years ago

That Hulk topper is sick!
Rommy, so is Avengers! Glad u dug it.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I have had my for sale at $5400 OBO and I am amazed it hasn't sold???

Its a sign, keep it and love it to death.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I did have several beers.

Did you play better ?

#9 10 years ago

I have had my for sale at $5400 OBO and I am amazed it hasn't sold???

Maybe a $200 markdown per week until it sells.....

#10 10 years ago

Avengers really is a good game. The sounds and music are amazing. Glad you enjoyed it rommy.

Avengers a great game, but it has to be leveled perfectly and dialed in for it to play right. You are correct, the shots are way to hard for the casual play. You need to play it several times before you start getting into the groove. My Black Window record is 7 shots in a row. I have had my for sale at $5400 OBO and I am amazed it hasn't sold???

Too bad your not in so cal; I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Avengers really is a good game. The sounds and music are amazing. Glad you enjoyed it rommy.

Too bad your not in so cal; I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

I know where there is a Hulk LE about an hour from you for 6.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Played several games at Cactus Jack's in Ok City tonight. ..... Great place to get a cold beer and play some pin.

+1
Cactus Jacks is great! They are bringing more games online each week. Definitely get there if you are anywhere close. Looking forward to the pin tourney this Saturday!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I know where there is a Hulk LE about an hour from you for 6.

Haha. Bring it down to dark nights price and well talk

#14 10 years ago

Watch out, the turd slingers will be here if they sniff out someone that likes Avengers. I miss my pro.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Haha. Bring it down to dark nights price and well talk

No way, we are talking 10K by Black Friday.

#16 10 years ago

Just finished dialing in my Avengers LE with Jodester last week... This game is much better than many reviews I have read - my entire family loves it and would revolt if I spoke of selling it

#17 10 years ago

Game is one of the best, very hard, but very rewarding when you get things going. I wont be letting mine go for a long time. The ratings are extremely misleading, game is as fun as lotr an TAF, though for different reasons...flame suit on.

#18 10 years ago

Avengers is one of a kind for sure. After all the work I did on mine it's a keeper for sure. Original both regular and tight shots. Awesome toys, versus battle modes, Loki and Hulk multiballs lightshows are unreal on the LE. The diverters control you have is a super plus unique way of playing a pinball machine. Not for every one but to have a real opinion you need to play a lot of games in a home environment.

#19 10 years ago

Says $5600 on your market ad....may want to change if will to part with it for above mentioned price.

#20 10 years ago

Its a great pin, very different, but definitely the most botched out of the factor of any Stern I've ever owned. I was pissed how long it took me to get everything right with it. Although I still occasionally have issues (the Thor drop targets trap the ball and pop up and down, drives me nuts!!)

#21 10 years ago

Is this the start of the Official Avengers lovefest thread?

Could be Centerflank(;....

Avengers_007.JPGAvengers_007.JPG Avengers_010.JPGAvengers_010.JPG

#22 10 years ago

yep, me likes some sterns...

P1030662.JPGP1030662.JPG

#23 10 years ago

Speaking of Avengers, if you guys haven't gotten hooked's sling shot mods, its a MUST! No more having to move your head up or to the side while playing to see if one of the outlanes LOKI letters are lit or not! One of the most practical/best mods I've ever bought!!

#24 10 years ago

Come on pin...you gotta get that 25K factory high score #4 off of there....get crackin'

#25 10 years ago

yep, me likes some sterns...

Dude you almost have a super hero wall time to ditch AC/DC and pick up a Batman-LOL

BDK_Pinball_006.JPGBDK_Pinball_006.JPG

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Its a great pin, very different, but definitely the most botched out of the factor of any Stern I've ever owned. I was pissed how long it took me to get everything right with it. Although I still occasionally have issues (the Thor drop targets trap the ball and pop up and down, drives me nuts!!)

Lift the pf and tighten the two screws underneath the drops all the way in. I've not had any traps since I did that, and it was very frequent before.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I woild say that TF's was the MOST botched, AV's is in second spot

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I woild say that TF's was the MOST botched, AV's is in second spot

Followed by X-MEN in third. All 3 are decent games and I don't consider them turds, but they could have been so much better considering the themes. I know people say we are spoiled with games like Tron and AC/DC but I feel that should be what is expected on every title.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Followed by X-MEN in third. All 3 are decent games and I don't consider them turds, but they could have been so much better considering the themes. I know people say we are spoiled with games like Tron and AC/DC but I feel that should be what is expected on every title.

Agreed. If we're spending "small used car" money on a game, it should be sent out of the factory in tip-top condition, or else be victim to a very rare issue that's a relatively simple fix.
I loved the Avengers so far as rules and layout but the amount of time and effort I had to put into it before it played properly was a complete let-down. If it weren't for my ACDC Premium (best pin ever!!!!), I'd not have much faith in Stern. It'll be interesting to see what happens with StarTrek.

#30 10 years ago

What an amazing pin! I am envious of anyone who has an avenger style pin. One day!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I agree about TF and AV; but xmen? Unless you mean early poor code and aux boards; id have to disagree. Btw, both code and aux boards are fixed.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Lift the pf and tighten the two screws underneath the drops all the way in. I've not had any traps since I did that, and it was very frequent before.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dude you almost have a super hero wall time to ditch AC/DC and pick up a Batman-LOL

Just waiting for the Fantastic Four pin to come out after they remake the HORRIBLE FF movie and hopefully roll out a comic book artwork theme like they did with X-Men.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I agree about TF and AV; but xmen? Unless you mean early poor code and aux boards; id have to disagree. Btw, both code and aux boards are fixed.

X-MEN had other quality issues as well like having to relocate Wolverine on LE to open up shot and the spinning disk needing a e-clip. But I was talking about how Stern in general dropped the ball overall with those 3 killer themes and the prices they sell for now proves they were not hits like Tron and AC/DC. I didn't seen X-MEN going up in price after 1.3 and if anything there has been more for sale recently. The last TF code update didn't increase the value of that machine either.

I didn't say the games sucked and even said in my post I was not calling them turds like a lot of people do. So please don't take it personal because you are an X-Men owner. I am just saying they all could have been better and have their flaws (as do a lot of titles). What kills X-MEN for me is the moving ramp and on TF the mini PF. I still enjoy those games and might own them again when I have the space, but due to those glaring issues I would rather have other games when push comes to shove. I always wanted those 3 titles to be made and was just disappointed in the overall execution.

#35 10 years ago

The possibilities of a FF comic book theme pin are endless.

Clobberin' Time Multiball
Frightful Four Multiball
Sub Mariner Multiball
Super Skrull Multiball
Galactus Wizard Mode (Save the planet!)
Doctor Doom Wizard Mode (free Sue from Doom!)

Oh those classic FF covers have the best artwork too!

1482_4_0243.jpg1482_4_0243.jpg FantasticFour218.jpgFantasticFour218.jpg 13688154165.jpg13688154165.jpg 250px-Ff247.png250px-Ff247.png

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

X-MEN had other quality issues as well like having to relocate Wolverine on LE to open up shot and the spinning disk needing a e-clip. But I was talking about how Stern in general dropped the ball overall with those 3 killer themes and the prices they sell for now proves they were not hits like Tron and AC/DC. I didn't seen X-MEN going up in price after 1.3 and if anything there has been more for sale recently. The last TF code update didn't increase the value of that machine either.
I didn't say the games sucked and even said in my post I was not calling them turds like a lot of people do. So please don't take it personal because you are an X-Men owner. I am just saying they all could have been better and have their flaws (as do a lot of titles). What kills X-MEN for me is the moving ramp and on TF the mini PF. I still enjoy those games and might own them again when I have the space, but due to those glaring issues I would rather have other games when push comes to shove. I always wanted those 3 titles to be made and was just disappointed in the overall execution.

I see where you're coming from; and I'll take it a step further and say that not only did the iceman ramp kill it for me but the NC mechs are horrible IMO. Which is why I now own a pro, not an LE

Initially, I felt TF and avengers needed the most dialing and tuning to get to play right. Xmen didn't need this. Ya, the LEs needed the eclip - not a big deal compared to all the tweaks TF and AV needed. As for wolverine relocation; the pro doesn't need this but I owned an LE for 10 mos I didn't feel the need to move it, the shot is just fine in factory position. But I jumped on the bandwagon and relocated it and ill tell ya, its a PIA! After a 100 plays it'll open up loose and move itself back. But the bottom line is that it doesn't need to be relocated. Now could borg/stern have done better with the figure choice? Ya. But that's seperarte from all the tweaks needed to get to play the game which TF and AV needed a lot of and xmen needed little to none of.

#37 10 years ago

Still love mine. Here it is in its home with its super hero brothers and sisters.

1075579_10153040128220077_1839657241_o.jpg1075579_10153040128220077_1839657241_o.jpg

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Still love mine. Here it is in its home with its super hero brothers and sisters.

Awesome room! I want to go play poker there so I can busy out and play pinball the test of the evening

#39 10 years ago

Open invitation bud.

#40 10 years ago

Only problem with you coming over is you would obliterate my high scores on all of my machines. Then I would sulk for a while. Then I would reset all my machines and forget you ever came over.

#41 10 years ago

Finally rolled out a decent game on HULK..... Had HULK multi and LOKI multi twice, had at least 3 vrs modes, I rocked the black widow ramp a ton in this game

DSC09278.JPGDSC09278.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.