CaptAmer_ChargStar_23f.gif
Hulk_walkfoward.gif
Hulk_stance_8f.gif
RealBig_XWide_Purple_BlackFurniture_Te.jpg
hulk.gif
Avengers_in_Replay_mag.JPG
New_Avengers_ad_in_Playmeter.JPG
66276_4834727587179_1731257834_n.jpg
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 11 years ago

Agree, DMD on Avengers, was answered at show.

#302 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I might Order the Pro , but I want to see it 1st ..

I'll second that

#303 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, 3 flippers, upper p/f and bash toy is what we seem to have.
Not feeling the buzz yet.....

A Gomez design with more than 2 flippers??? I don't think we've seen that since Corvette.

#304 11 years ago

If these Pin's are Gonna be on the assembly line w/in the month , Why is Stern being so Secretive ?
Expose the Pin's !!

#305 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

If these Pin's are Gonna be on the assembly line w/in the month , Why is Stern being so Secretive ?
Expose the Pin's !!

Stern thinks its in their best interest to avoid marketing at all costs

#306 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Stern thinks its in their best interest to avoid marketing at all costs ...

If you think about it, they really don't need to actively market them. The hype train on forums such as this not only gets the job done, but it costs Stern nothing.

#307 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The hype train on forums such as this not only gets the job done, but it costs Stern nothing.

Exactly ,, Stern is on this Forum and they see the Desire we have for this Hobby !! But I would say Only 1/4 of Pinhead's in the World even Know about Pinside or Pin Forum's ( if that many ) .. Facebook help's them out some what .. I Wish an Employee of Stern would Leak out a Photo on Facebook like they did w/ AC/DC .. ( hint )

#308 11 years ago

No marketing??? I beg to differ, wasn't there a flyer published in a magazine? I think they need to give their marketing dept a raise with all that inginuity and effort.

#309 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The hype train on forums such as this not only gets the job done, but it costs Stern nothing.

True, but then stern has to give us something to start the hype train.
There is nothing really solid known about Avengers. Before there was MNpinball or other persons who got some tidbits here and there. But now? Bupkis, nada, neinte, zero, well you get the point.

#310 11 years ago
Quoted from Barrythick:

I think they need to give their marketing dept a raise with all that inginuity and effort.

I say give their Assembly Employee's a Raise-n-Pay , because my Tron Pro 2D is Top Notch

#311 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

There is nothing really solid known about Avengers. Before there was MNpinball or other persons who got some tidbits here and there. But now? Bupkis, nada, neinte, zero, well you get the point.

And yet they will most likely sell out of every single LE before the first game has even shipped. Between the collectors and the speculative flippers, they know they've got us hook line and sinker.

#312 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

And yet they will most likely sell out of every single LE before the first game has even shipped. Between the collectors and the speculative flippers, they know they've got us hook line and sinker.

Does that mean there are less than 500 pinball collectors in the world?

#313 11 years ago

1st off there is competition now. Secondly its not hard to put it together. Who is the Designer? What happened last time he ran on at the mouth????? Hence Tight lip Avengers better for Gomez.

#314 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Does that mean there are less than 500 pinball collectors in the world?

No , Distributor's will Buy 10 @ a Tyme and Jack up the Price a Thousand or More and Profit themselves .. It's a Shame we Can't Buy a pin Strait from Stern ..

#315 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Gary Stern spent a week at IAAPA and Southern Pinball Festival without even a picture or mention of a single feature of Avengers, which will hit manufacturing next month. He believes the licensed name is good enough.

In his defense Jack agrees with that too, admitting that a big name licensed theme is required for operators to commit to a large order, sight unseen. The difference is, Jack is willing to bring a barely functioning WOZ to a show. That strategy has garnered him both praise and criticism, so I believe Gary likes to present his product only in a final state. Whatever works...

#316 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

. It's a Shame we Can't Buy a pin Strait from Stern ..

I bet someday that is what will happen.

#317 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I bet someday that is what will happen.

I'd be leary of this day. At that point, Stern has all the control on the price and have you seen their MSRP?

#318 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'd be leary of this day. At that point, Stern has all the control on the price and have you seen their MSRP?

Yes I agree better be careful for what you wish for you might just get it.

#319 11 years ago

Remember we are a portion of the business. The rest is operators who will get the info from their distribitors. That model works fine with final announcements of the games when they are ready. Its us the smaller group that is always craving for the hype train : )

#320 11 years ago

I know it won't happen, but doing a re run of Ironman would be cool

#321 11 years ago

Does anyone know if distributors are taking preorders on this title already?

#322 11 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

Does anyone know if distributors are taking preorders on this title already?

Consider that many of their customers are ops with standing orders on x number of the next title, the answer is yes... distributors have no problem taking pre-orders even on on unannounced games.

#323 11 years ago

By the time stern actually leak or announce something non of us will Pre order we will all have fallen asleep from the boring wait.

#324 11 years ago

Agree

Making it much easier to let this one go.

#325 11 years ago

I'm strongly considering getting something else instead. Wish I didn't love the Avengers as a theme as I likely would have already written it off in protest.

#326 11 years ago

I just do not get the lack of information. I have no problem with them wanting to control the information. I understand them not wanting third parties to post misleading or false information. No sense in misleading people and having them disappointed.

But they can control the information but still leak / release it in a controlled way that gets people excited. That creates a buzz.

And I don't mean in creating a b.s. video with no information in it like for Transformers and Xmen. We know its Avengers next. We don't need a useless teaser trailer now.

They know what it will look like. What the features are. Why not release some teaser information slowly? Or some design pictures? Something. Anything. There just seems to be no hype.

Instead, they post more stuff about ACDC today.

I wouldn't be surprised if they release 2 more ACDC code updates before they announce Avengers or give code updates for Xmen.

#327 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Gary Stern spent a week at IAAPA and Southern Pinball Festival without even a picture or mention of a single feature of Avengers, which will hit manufacturing next month. He believes the licensed name is good enough.

That strategy has garnered him both praise and criticism, SO I BELIEVE GARY LIKES TO PRESENT HIS PRODUCT ONLY IN A FINAL STATE. Whatever works...

I retyped a bit of what you said in caps above; that was the most unintentionally funny thing I've read in a while if you have been paying attention to any of the games that have shipped since... ?

#328 11 years ago

So now everyone having a tizzy that they can't get early info and if they don't they won't buy. Sheesh.
When announced look at it and of you want buy it and if you don't, don't.
If you think about it that kind of makes sense.

#329 11 years ago

So has anyone heard anything new yet? When they will be posting any new info, wether it be a video or pics.

#330 11 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

So has anyone heard anything new yet?

I heard end of the month around the 29th of Nov. Held up due to licensing issues, but all will be good and unveiled soon! Anyone else heard different?

#331 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

...so I believe Gary likes to present his product only in a semi-final state.

Fixed it for you.

#333 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

By the time stern actually leak or announce something non of us will Pre order we will all have fallen asleep from the boring wait.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Agree
Making it much easier to let this one go.

Quoted from Apollyon:

I just do not get the lack of information. I have no problem with them wanting to control the information. I understand them not wanting third parties to post misleading or false information. No sense in misleading people and having them disappointed.
But they can control the information but still leak / release it in a controlled way that gets people excited. That creates a buzz.
And I don't mean in creating a b.s. video with no information in it like for Transformers and Xmen. We know its Avengers next. We don't need a useless teaser trailer now.
They know what it will look like. What the features are. Why not release some teaser information slowly? Or some design pictures? Something. Anything. There just seems to be no hype.
Instead, they post more stuff about ACDC today.
I wouldn't be surprised if they release 2 more ACDC code updates before they announce Avengers or give code updates for Xmen.

OMG WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! You whiney, entitled babies. Stern's business plans don't revolve around you, your attention span, and when you think information should be released. You'll see pics of Avengers when they're ready to release pics of Avengers! ...for f*cks sake...go play some pinball!!!

#334 11 years ago

Hey, I bought an LE NIB. I am entitled to behind the scenes pre-ordering nuggets of information. Thank you very much.

#335 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! You whiney, entitled babies. Stern's business plans don't revolve around you, your attention span, and when you think information should be released. You'll see pics of Avengers when they're ready to release pics of Avengers! ...for f*cks sake...go play some pinball!!!

As for me, massive WRONG assumption! Not whining as will be glad not to want another pin. I just think it is strange marketing but it ain't my business.

I will go and cry now ......

#336 11 years ago

You guys still don't get British sarcasm, we need to work more on our international relations to get this sarcasm thing internationally recognised. As for my true feelings about info I couldn't give a shit when stern release info, the longer they take the better it's more time for me to save up if it's a hit, so they can wait until the new year as far as I'm concerned that's more money in pinball fund.

And infact sterns business plans do evolve around us without us they wouldn't have a business as we are the ones buying up there LEs and lining Gary's pockets (that's sarcasm just incase someone else throws there plunger out the pram) now go play some pinball Greg and relax!

#337 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I retyped a bit of what you said in caps above; that was the most unintentionally funny thing I've read in a while if you have been paying attention to any of the games that have shipped since... ?

Haha, yes it is ironic, I'm just relaying info. Word is Stern had an Avengers they could have shown at IAAPA but since the software wasn't ready they didn't even bother to bring it for customers to look at. So Gary does have some standards

#338 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You guys still don't get British sarcasm, we need to work more on our international relations to get this sarcasm thing internationally recognised.

British sarcasm is hard enough to detect sometimes when speaking to the Brit face to face, I guess more even gets lost in translation when reading text

#339 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ah, maybe Rarehero was using that thing called sarcasm?

#340 11 years ago

Word is that they are announcing the pin on Thursday.

#341 11 years ago

TTT

#342 11 years ago

Will we see sam 2.0 under the hood? Will the Mini SD card work for them? It allows more Memory for sure. Keeps the new cpu semi modular as to be able to just add more drive space via mini than smd ram.
SAM_2.0.jpgSAM_2.0.jpg

#343 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Will we see sam 2.0 under the hood? Will the Mini SD card work for them? It allows more Memory for sure. Keeps the new cpu semi modular as to be able to just add more drive space via mini than smd ram.

Would that be compatible with an LCD screen? I am sure eventually Stern will shift to an LCD in the 16-20" ballpark.

#344 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Would that be compatible with an LCD screen? I am sure eventually Stern will shift to an LCD in the 16-20" ballpark.

I see 2 db9 connectors that are not soldered on I also see 2 mini hdmi

Its not hard to Speculate that this is indeed Sam 2.0 The likely hood of Stern deving two separate boards for sam and THE PIN are highly unlikely. This pcb design is highly thought out for such a POS home game like "THE PIN"

Anyone want to doubt ask yourself why does "THE PIN" need networking and hdmi?

It also confirms what Jody told me almost a year ago about networking them.

#345 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I see 2 db9 connectors that are not soldered on I also see 2 mini hdmi

INteresting

#346 11 years ago

Very happy to see them using surface mount as well.

#347 11 years ago

Really glad they left a Jtag port on it WOOT!

#348 11 years ago

All I see is less repairable for the owner.

#349 11 years ago

Get with the times if you need lessons on smd get a hot air station and take a class. I can work it just fine.

#350 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

All I see is less repairable for the owner.

It might actually be easier to work on surface mount components once you have done it some.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,050 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-1/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.