CaptAmer_ChargStar_23f.gif
Hulk_walkfoward.gif
Hulk_stance_8f.gif
RealBig_XWide_Purple_BlackFurniture_Te.jpg
hulk.gif
Avengers_in_Replay_mag.JPG
New_Avengers_ad_in_Playmeter.JPG
66276_4834727587179_1731257834_n.jpg
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Star Trek is the widebody

I hope this is wrong. I like Star Trek but a widebody would kill it.

#202 11 years ago

Has anyone gotten prices on this game yet? what are peoples thoughts will it be about X-men range or higher?

#203 11 years ago

I heard that the Le model is to be about the same as the X men Le.

#204 11 years ago

It's been 3 months and this thread has only 200 posts? The X-Men thread got over 7,500 posts in 6 months. Hmm...

#205 11 years ago

Once there is a pic of the playfield, you'll see it pick up...

#206 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's been 3 months and this thread has only 200 posts? The X-Men thread got over 7,500 posts in 6 months. Hmm...

Because X-MEN was Borg and Avengers is Gomez.

#207 11 years ago

Still, the X-Men thread had about 100 pages of posts (about 5,000 posts) at the point were are at now for the Avengers thread.

#208 11 years ago

There have been multiple Avengers threads, though. We need to get our act together and consolidate all our angst/excitement/trepidation/anticipation/speculation into one single thread!

#209 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Because X-MEN was Borg and Avengers is Gomez.

This is totally it. Gomez has a TON to prove at this point.

#210 11 years ago

Or because all of the x-men owners still have the hangover of the condition stern released the game in. I own an X-men and assuming we are on the same time line, I guess I should believe it will be next July or August before we start to see some decent code for avengers. Also I haven't decided if I am happy that it is movie based or not too thrilled at all.

#211 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I can't help but think that this is an expected result of Stern's new "hush hush" information hoarding system. We had leaks of pretty reliable Xmen information months in advance. It allowed us enthusists to talk about the rumors and say what we liked and were concerned about. All this built up a hype and excitement.

While I understand that it is good to maintain expectations so as to not disappoint (i.e. Transformers), I also think there is great merit in excitement. I am sure that there were a lot of people on the fence about Xmen who decided to order one, in part because of the Xmen thread here on pinside.

Clearly there is less excitement about Avengers. In part I'm sure its due to other factors (Borg v. Gomez; custom dots and comic theme v. movie theme; super-hero burn out, etc). But I also think that Stern's clamp down on info has diminished excitement and may hurt their sales.

All of which could be fixed if they deliver a great game.

Lets get some photos out there soon Stern!

And a code update for Xmen too while you're at it. Preferably before you release 3 more ACDC updates...

#212 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I can't help but think that this is an expected result of Stern's new "hush hush" information hoarding system.

I agree well I am sure we will get information soon. I am looking forward to this title, Gomez has to much on the line not to make this a kick ass game. It's the Avengers! seriously one of the best licenses they could have. So keeping my fingers Xrossed it lives up to everything it can be. Stern really hit it out of the park with AC/DC and since this game is getting a premium model I'm thinking that they already think they have another winner of a game.

#213 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I also think that Stern's clamp down on info has diminished excitement and may hurt their sales.

Yup, Pre-announcements get people to save up in anticipation, lack of announcements allow customers to divert their money elsewhere. It's why movie trailers exist.

#214 11 years ago

Is it certain that this will be a DMD game?

#215 11 years ago

I don't know. Lot's of stuff happening to lessen Avengers impact.
Wizard of Oz will be ready soon...and keeps getting better and better.
Announcement of Jersey Jack next machine.
Predator coming out.
Burnt out of Super Hero themes? (too close to X-Men)
Waiting to play Avengers and not just advance order blind.

#216 11 years ago

Stern has gone to the superhero well quite a few times lately. It will be interesting to see if demand is still there. You can't help but sense a bit of caution right now. Ultimately, if they deliver quality it will sell.

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Stern has gone to the superhero well quite a few times lately. It will be interesting to see if demand is still there. You can't help but sense a bit of caution right now. Ultimately, if they deliver quality it will sell.

I agree. The quality of this product including the code and features are going to need to carry it. I know I am not the only one getting sick of the super hero themes. I really, really hope that they do a good job and step up to the plate.

#218 11 years ago

A good marketing move would be to have a great XM powerpack around the time of Avengers going on sale.

I think it was a bit of an own goal to restrict info so much as whilst XM was overhyped this has gone the other way so unless it is sensational, it feels easier to let it pass.

#219 11 years ago

Agree! Sick Xmen update and hit Avengers would be a home run and set up a good year ahead.

#220 11 years ago

I guess I can only speak to my opinion, but I think there are quite a few of us who feel the same way.

I am a big superhero fan. Movies and pins. I am not burned out by them yet. Love fighting villains, and hearing the great call outs. Its like living the movies.

I also read the whole Xmen thread. Start to finish. Was on the fence at the start, then warmed up to the game, and ended up getting a Magneto LE. Love it so far, and hoping the code updates will make it as great of a game as it can be. But the info and discussion helped me pull the trigger - one I do not regret.

With Avengers, I personally love the theme more than Xmen. But I am not as amped up. There has been no info, little discussion, little excitement. All of which could have been there with more info. Its to the point where I am seriously considering picking up a different pin and not getting Avengers. I most likely will wait for the info to release, but its tough. I think Stern has missed a great opportunity in this case.

#221 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I guess I can only speak to my opinion, but I think there are quite a few of us who feel the same way.
I am a big superhero fan. Movies and pins. I am not burned out by them yet. Love fighting villains, and hearing the great call outs. Its like living the movies.
I also read the whole Xmen thread. Start to finish. Was on the fence at the start, then warmed up to the game, and ended up getting a Magneto LE. Love it so far, and hoping the code updates will make it as great of a game as it can be. But the info and discussion helped me pull the trigger - one I do not regret.
With Avengers, I personally love the theme more than Xmen. But I am not as amped up. There has been no info, little discussion, little excitement. All of which could have been there with more info. Its to the point where I am seriously considering picking up a different pin and not getting Avengers. I most likely will wait for the info to release, but its tough. I think Stern has missed a great opportunity in this case.

Gomez would rather under promise and over deliver than the opposite, like TF.

#222 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

DMD. Expect Blu-ray rips for dots. anything else will just make you happier.

This is for texasstargazer

cheers bro

#223 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

But I also think that Stern's clamp down on info has diminished excitement and may hurt their sales.

I can see this being a good thing for Stern or a total bust.
Xmen LE sold out on rumors ....we will see if Avengers LE sells out as quick.
I am hoping for a quick production of the Prem. run.

#224 11 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

This is for texasstargazer
cheers bro

Interesting, I heard all custom dots like AC/DC and X-Men ?!?!

#225 11 years ago

Ok Mrpinball, you have been money with information in the past. You nailed Xmen. And you have some intel on the dots for Avengers.

So come clean! What do you know about Avengers? I know you know more than you are telling...

#226 11 years ago

Just talked w/ some Friend's that are in Fla, due to a Pinball function , they have seen real Pict-s of The Hulk LE .. I want a Pict- or 2 ...

#227 11 years ago

Hulk Smash!

hulk.gifhulk.gif

#228 11 years ago

Someone has to leak those pics..

Come on, I know a pinsider is bound to have them.

If you want, you can email them to me at [email protected]

I will post them, and never tell my source.

#229 11 years ago

Black rose, what do your friends think of the hulk LE?

#230 11 years ago

I have a good feeling Gomez is going to deliver. The dude has designed some righteous games, his rep is on the line and you gotta think he's upset about it. I think Avengers is going to be special.

#231 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Still, the X-Men thread had about 100 pages of posts (about 5,000 posts) at the point were are at now for the Avengers thread.

Lots of reasons.

Gomez's last game was a let down and missing promised features.
Back-to-back comic themes
Based on movie instead of comics
The last pin is not complete (months now of XM code which needs serious attention)

That said, as soon as pics of Avengers cabinet and playfield pop up, there will be 200-300 posts within a few hours...

#232 11 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Black Rose, what do your friends think of the hulk LE?

A Green Machine , and their Exact word's were " Kick- ass " !!

#233 11 years ago

Everyone will want Hulk and nobody will want the captain version. All those clamoring for a Black Widow version are dreaming, she was really a bit player in the movie compared to the main avengers. It will have to be utterly fantastic playfield for me to buy another Super Hero pin. I almost hope its shitty.

#234 11 years ago

Shrek was a pretty horrible looking game. I hope they don't use that same color with Hulk

#235 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

All those clamoring for a Black Widow version are dreaming, she was really a bit player in the movie compared to the main avengers.

Did you watch the movie she had a big part in the movie.

#236 11 years ago

hawkeye and black widow are definitely smaller players than the other 4. hopefully not worthy of 6 different le's...

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Everyone will want Hulk and nobody will want the captain version. All those clamoring for a Black Widow version are dreaming, she was really a bit player in the movie compared to the main avengers. It will have to be utterly fantastic playfield for me to buy another Super Hero pin. I almost hope its shitty.

All those clambering for a black widow version needs to get laid. She is a terrible 'superhero'.

#238 11 years ago

I dont know why everyone is so down on Gomez. I have even made a couple comments myself. But looking at it differently now. Transformers design wise was actually pretty cool. Its the code i feel is where the main issues are. I think the pin was really cool and the ramps are awesome.
Management was probablly pushing the pin out too quick....Just food for thought....

#239 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Wrong! I don't prefer a bright green machine in my basement (ala Shrek) if I can avoid it, and the game play will be the same so what does it matter? I bought the Magneto Xmen over the Wolverine for the same reason. We all have our personal tastes and its nice to see Stern offering a choice in color options.

As the used car salesman once told me when I asked who would buy that POS truck he had on his lot....."theres an ass for every seat". It all works out in the end when there is some type of choice for the buyer. I can't imagine Stern blowing this game though. They know they need a hit with WOZ coming out at the same time. And they know that since the home market is their main buyers of LE games they are competing for limited $$ in the consumers pockets. The game and its pricing are going to be interesting since this is the first time Stern has really had to deal with competition.

#240 11 years ago

One thing that gives me some confidence with Gomez as the designer is the fact that almost all of his games are at least reasonably well respected for their gameplay and two are top 5. TF, Corvette, JM, and BDK are not terrible games just because they are not top 25. Also, he is the VP of Stern so I would think that his game will not be cheapened out more than any other designers.
I definitely worry more about the programmers than the actual game since it seems that Lyman Sheats is clearly the best programmer.

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I definitely worry more about the programmers

Agree it's all about the code a game can have great layout, but without good feedback and rules the table is crap. Code is Stern's weak point with Lyman being the rock star. Lyman is the best because he is so passionate and into pinball as a game. Same in the video game world the best programmers are the ones that are gamers. Unfortunately these types of programmers are hard to find.

#242 11 years ago

I will likely buy a Hulk LE, but will wait for the first wave of sell offs after the code is incomplete.

#243 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Interesting, I heard all custom dots like AC/DC and X-Men ?!?!

Galvez told me on facebook months ago all rips unless that has changed.

Guess i can post the conversation...i have been known to do that before.........

Since i have left the hobby for the time being i have been thinking of dumping my fb log from all the stern employees and emails on pinside.

*EDIT* i just went back and read the conversation again yup custom dots is what he told me in July.

#244 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Think you are right!

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Everyone will want Hulk and nobody will want the captain version. All those clamoring for a Black Widow version are dreaming, she was really a bit player in the movie compared to the main avengers.

I think Avengers Captain A. is a little lame. I don’t think he could support a LE.
Even if Black Widow had a small part I bet she could support a LE version.
Her small part was better than C.A. part. RealBig_XWide_Purple_BlackFurniture_Te.jpgRealBig_XWide_Purple_BlackFurniture_Te.jpg

#246 11 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

hawkeye and black widow are definitely smaller players than the other 4. hopefully not worthy of 6 different le's...

funny, both my kids like Hawkeye best of all. But they also love Legolas from LOTR. Something about archers I guess.

#247 11 years ago

i like her big parts as well as her small parts. And very small parts.

#248 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

funny, both my kids like Hawkeye best of all. But they also love Legolas from LOTR. Something about archers I guess.

Both of my kids liked Hawkeye. (one dressed as Hawkeye for Halloween)
I told them I wish Stern made a black widow pin and they said would Hawkeye be in it to.
I said of course they were a team and they need their own movie.
Woman in pinball seemed to work well for years I bet it would work well today.

#249 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Wrong! I don't prefer a bright green machine in my basement (ala Shrek) if I can avoid it, and the game play will be the same so what does it matter? I bought the Magneto Xmen over the Wolverine for the same reason. We all have our personal tastes and its nice to see Stern offering a choice in color options.
As the used car salesman once told me when I asked who would buy that POS truck he had on his lot....."theres an ass for every seat". It all works out in the end when there is some type of choice for the buyer. I can't imagine Stern blowing this game though. They know they need a hit with WOZ coming out at the same time. And they know that since the home market is their main buyers of LE games they are competing for limited $$ in the consumers pockets. The game and its pricing are going to be interesting since this is the first time Stern has really had to deal with competition.

Capt. America is a blah superhero, but I think a red white and blue cabinet would be quite striking and superior to a green Hulk. And it's not like a picture of Capt. America is going to be horrible or anything.

What would really be cool is if they "cartooned" the actual photography from the movie...like the Scarlett pic above.

#250 11 years ago

I thought someone said that the LE's may be Hulk LE and an Avengers LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 404 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-1/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.