Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by SunKing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Has anyone figured out how to activate Avatar's extra ball?

#2 12 years ago

LE or Regular?

What ROM version are you running?

#3 12 years ago

The regular Avatar. Just upgraded to the 1.1 Version

#4 12 years ago

I believe it is awarded as "extra ball is lit" via the "eywa" newton ball (random reward). Then you have to hit the ramp. Only way I know how on factory settings.

#5 12 years ago

You can only set the game to award the Extra Ball, but you cannot control the percentage or when it is to do it. This appears to be a totally random thing, and it only lights up in about 3% of the games. Hitting 'Eywa' may enhance the possibilities, but it only lights up rarely. Of course, it (the light) is located on the left ramp and you have to send the ball up the ramp and around in order to collect it.

I wish it was a more controllable thing. I would like to increase the percent a little bit.

Mike

#6 12 years ago

Thanks to everyone for your input. I agree that it appears to be totally random. The percentage in the adjustment does not seem to affect the activation of the extra ball; by the way, the Special also seems to be random. Getting either by shooting the ball through the left ramp is easy. I was having the same situation with Transformers, but Stern fix the extra ball activation through their latest code upgrade. I think they relaxed the rules to activate the extra bal in Transformersl. May be Stern will do the same with the next Avatar code upgrade. I'll go to Sterns web site and suggest this modification.

#7 12 years ago

Yes, you are correct about the Special also being random. I've tried every way I could in Portals to increase both the Extra Ball and Special. I have kids and friends who 'need' that kind of boost to enjoy the game. A code upgrade would be good.
Thanks!
Mike

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I believe it is awarded as "extra ball is lit" via the "eywa" newton ball (random reward). Then you have to hit the ramp. Only way I know how on factory settings.

This is correct. Here's more info on the 'Eywa' awards (from http://www.pinballnews.com/games/avatar/index5b.html):

Eywa is lit after a certain number of switch hits. The number needed increases during the game, so it's fairly easy to light Eywa initially but harder later on in the game. That said, as you get into the game and start multiball modes, those switch hits soon rack up.

Hit the captive ball and the mystery award is given instantly. It is also possible to stack up uncollected Eywa awards so you can have several available from successive hits. During a multiball such as Na'vi multiball, the first Eywa award is quite likely to add another ball to those currently in play, so it can make sense to keep them in reserve until you need them.

Eywa seems to be the only way to get extra balls in Avatar, and they tend to be relatively uncommon too so don't expect to see a lot of them awarded. The more common awards are bonus multiplier increases, points awards or pop bumper scoring boosts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatars-extra-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.