• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kermit (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

is there one? has anyone started one?

all i know of is the reaaaaaalllly long one by Martin on the Pinball News site, but that was on earlier code and it's too extensive and thorough to be accessible for a 5 minute flipthough before a game.

if there isn't one made, i will make one

edit: i made one - http://papa.org/2016/06/20/avatar-rulesheet/
let me know if you like it or hate it

#2 7 years ago

I'm not sure about the rule sheet. There is a papa tutorial for avatar though.

1 month later
#3 7 years ago

You created an excellent rule sheet!

5 months later
#4 7 years ago

Hey Dan,

So no combos on Avatar?
What's the link to the really long one?

#6 7 years ago

No combos on avatar.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

No combos on avatar.

kermit (resized).jpgkermit (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

I can sum up Avatar for you in two words. Link mulitball.

#9 7 years ago

^^^^Not even close. Amp suit multiball stacked with Link, stacked with Battle Bomber, stacked with Banshee. Have you got to the final battle? I doubt it.

#10 7 years ago

A lot more to Avatar than link, that's for sure..

2 weeks later
#11 7 years ago

Hey, all

I am thinking about Avatar but also have IM and Tron. Is these games too close?

4 years later
#12 2 years ago

Can anyone else access the Avatar rule sheet? I saw there was one made but when I try it gives me a "404 file not found" error. https://replayfoundation.org/papa/learning-center/player-guide/rule-sheets/

This game just showed up again at a brewery in town and I had a ton of fun on it the other night. I got high score #2 or 3 somewhere around 42 million. I think I had Navi scoring going, banshee, link multiball followed up by an amp multiball.

Love the backglass on this one! The holographic effect reminds me somewhat of the White Water topper. Great game though I think it definitely one of John Borg's best. The shots are fun and there are multiple ways to get a decent score.

I can feel a grand champion coming on this one at 75 million. The problem is I have to get it soon before the machine breaks. The router is vending company and they don't fix their machines once they break. They just wait until it is severely broken then they take it to their shop and fix it to route it else where....rinse and repeat.

While writing this I did find another rules sheet. https://www.pinballnews.com/games/avatar/index5b.html

1 month later
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from JustinJohnson:

Can anyone else access the Avatar rule sheet? I saw there was one made but when I try it gives me a "404 file not found" error. https://replayfoundation.org/papa/learning-center/player-guide/rule-sheets/

Same. 404 error for me, too. That's a shame -- I recall it being a pretty decent, more concise rule sheet.

That's the one I referenced years ago when I wanted to learn the game after having played it on location for a while.
Here are the other notes I've collected on the pin that might help you get that GC... before the pin breaks.
The idea behind the notes below is going for score and *not* necessarily wizard mode.

Strategy:
Shoot flashing roving AMP letter to lower 3-bank in one shot. Shoot R orbit to complete top lanes, and put the flashing shot multiplier on Link.
Start Link mb: lock ball in link. Shoot captive-locked ball until it releases, starting 2-ball Link mb. Lock one ball back in Link to begin 3-ball LMB.
Start pounding Amp Suit targets. Final hit requires center target lane shot to stack Amp Suit MB onto LMB. Go nuts on JP's, with a priority on getting to LMB Supers, which are the best value. Eywa captive ball adds a ball -- try not to shoot it too early in your mb, I believe only once per MB stack.

The wizard mode is pretty cool, with some unique rules on multiplying the mode's super jackpot by needing to drain ball(s) out each outlane. This is already described in detail in the pinball news rulesheet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-rulesheet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.