Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I cannot for the life of me figure out how my Rolling Stones LE detects when the powerball is in the shooter lane.

Basically, if the metal ball is in the shooter lane - anywhere near about 4 inches from shooter tip to the top - a "alt shooter lane" switch is triggered.

When the ceramic ball is in the shooter lane, this switch never activates, and the game starts double scoring.

Where is the switch/sensor/whatever that detects this? I cannot find it. Driving me nuts.

The issue is occasionally the game will NOT detect the metal ball, and start double scoring with a ball in the lane.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2 4 years ago

It's the two metal prongs at the bottom of the shooter lane on Avatar LE. Steel ball completes the circuit, ceramic ball doesn't. Not sure how they connect under the apron. 'White ball detector' is dedicated switch D7 in TRS manual. Part numbers listed for the metal 'switch' parts. Lightly sanding the metal pieces and cleaning the steel balls with alcohol (not polish, which can leave a film) may help your problem.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks! I finally figured out how this worked on my own, was looking for a magnet or something.

I cleaned up the metal prong in shooter lane and also tightened the nuts and tabs underneath that complete the circuit. They were loose.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-rolling-stones-le-ceramic-ball-detection-issue- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.