(Topic ID: 134293)

Avatar Pro pinball gameplay videos (Stern, 2010)

By akm

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by akm
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Earlier this week I recorded some gameplay videos on my Avatar machine. As usual, here are three different types of videos--one with commentary for those that want an idea on how the game works, one without commentary, and one rotated 90 degrees to fit your screen (great for tablets or smartphones). If you would like to know any details about the machine in-depth, feel free to post a response and I'll be happy to get back to you.

Gameplay + Commentary:

Gameplay (no commentary):

Full-screen/rotated gameplay:

#2 8 years ago

Awsome. thanks for that.. Avatar is awesome..cheers..

#3 8 years ago

I'm interested to know your camera setup / software setup for post processing.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the vid avatar is a great game. The only thing I hate about avatar is that you only get a extra ball every 100 games.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Earlier this week I recorded some gameplay videos on my Avatar machine. As usual, here are three different types of videos--one with commentary for those that want an idea on how the game works, one without commentary, and one rotated 90 degrees to fit your screen (great for tablets or smartphones). If you would like to know any details about the machine in-depth, feel free to post a response and I'll be happy to get back to you.
Gameplay + Commentary:
» YouTube video
Gameplay (no commentary):
» YouTube video
Full-screen/rotated gameplay:
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting those and spreading the Avatar love, I have the LE. I just wish you would have had the game audio up louder so we could hear the callouts an music..

#6 8 years ago

great game. looking forward to watching this

#7 8 years ago

Very nice video, and the machine looks great!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for posting those and spreading the Avatar love, I have the LE. I just wish you would have had the game audio up louder so we could hear the callouts an music..

I would like to have had it louder, but I live in an apartment so I have to be careful with that. Strangely, I believe the volume came out better in the rotated/full-screen video and I couldn't figure out why. I was using the same source files.. Could just be my video editing software acting up.

Quoted from Twilight1:

Thanks for the vid Avatar is a great game. The only thing I hate about Avatar is that you only get a extra ball every 100 games.

Haha! You can get extra balls fairly frequently, you just have to bash on the Eywa captive ball a ton. The rate at which they are handed out seems to be random but I find they typically appear when you are in multiball and have already exhausted the usual Eywa awards (Add Time, Add-a-Ball, 200,000 points, etc). Specials also appear in seemingly the same way and through settings you can probably set those to award an extra ball. Avatar is a tough game so if keeping your ball in play for an extended period of time is the only way to get an extra ball, I can see why so few ever see it.

Quoted from Richthofen:

I'm interested to know your camera setup / software setup for post processing.

I use two Logitech C920 webcams and a fairly cheap camera stand (about $25 on Amazon). I hook that into a laptop. I have to use Logitech's software for one cam, and OBS (Open Broadcaster Suite) for the other. I have a Blue Snowball mic for audio but it seems kind of iffy for this type of recording (it's good for my live streams on Twitch though). Thinking about it, I think I may be able to rig up a SM57 mic and put it right up to one of the speakers of the game to better record the game audio, then use the webcam mics for basic mechanical sounds. Hm...

#9 8 years ago

Nice videos Austin. I see you destroyed another of my high scores

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Nice videos Austin. I see you destroyed another of my high scores

Haha! It actually lasted quite a while, I think I just knocked it off recently.

#11 8 years ago

thanks a lot for the video, I'd like to check out the others, do you have a link?

I wish I could play half as well as you.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

thanks a lot for the video, I'd like to check out the others, do you have a link?
I wish I could play half as well as you.

You can find other videos on my YouTube channel. The link is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChoCmt58F5lGX9wOiiEsVxg

It can also be searched as "AKM Pinball Videos" on Google or YouTube and that should take you to it as well.

1 week later
#13 8 years ago

If you want to come play and tape any of my pins let me know.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If you want to come play and tape any of my pins let me know.

Thanks for the offer! I'll definitely keep it in mind.

1 week later
#15 8 years ago

Sending off Avatar tomorrow, so tonight I did a "live tutorial" of the game on Twitch. Footage is a little choppy, but should be sufficient if you want a good idea of how this game operates in detail:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-pro-pinball-gameplay-videos-stern-2010 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.