(Topic ID: 145309)

Avatar Pro, IM, and BDK...all HUO now home! (pix below)

By VolunteerPin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_6.jpeg
image_5.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
DSC01936.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I worked out a sweet package deal which I've very excited about which is netting me these new pins. I've only played IM and BDK a few times and never Avatar. Pins are coming home later this week.

Are there are necessary/highly desireable mods/protectors which I should go ahead and order? I did purchase over 600 LEDs on Comet's Black Friday sale so I'm good on that. I also have external subs already which will be hooked up. The IM already has a shaker. I have to order some stuff anyhow and figured I might as well stock up.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

Darin

#2 8 years ago

Congrats on the new lineup.

BDK = Movie Masters toys, mirror blades, shaker, and the custom sounds pack.

Pm me when you get BDK.

#3 8 years ago

If it doesn't have the Pinbits and Cliffy's then order them. You may also have to buy a Stern LEDOCD for each of those games to stop the strobing.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Congrats on the new lineup.
BDK = Movie Masters toys, mirror blades, shaker, and the custom sounds pack.
Pm me when you get BDK.

Will do!

Quoted from SealClubber:

If it doesn't have the Pinbits and Cliffy's then order them. You may also have to buy a Stern LEDOCD for each of those games to stop the strobing.

I think they are pretty much stock except for shaker on IM. Is a shaker recommended on Avatar?

#5 8 years ago

nice score! yes get a shaker for Avatar! its a must. speaker lights, mirror blades too!

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

You may also have to buy a Stern LEDOCD for each of those games to stop the strobing.

Yes the OCD board is a MUST HAVE for Avatar. I've got Avatar and the inserts were horrible without it. Not sure about the other 2 games, I don't have them.

#7 8 years ago

This is what I did to Batman, These are the mentioned Movie Masters figures, I added a few extra's as you can see, I also put a Joker bobble head in the Joker reveal, the one that was in there was a joke. I have a shaker coming, and Mudflaps is right, get the movie soundtrack download.. I went all LED in mine, HUGE difference, game was way too dark before. and a powered sub adds a TON. there is also the batmobile light up mod from pinballbulbs.com it activates when the ramp goes up. DMD glare blocker, and I added one of Comet's 7 LED strips and put under the apron to light up the flipper area.
DSC01936.JPGDSC01936.JPG

#8 8 years ago

At the risk of turning this into a BDK love-fest, there are some great mods out there. I have LED OCD and it's another must have.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#9 8 years ago

What is the custom sounds pack for BDK?

#10 8 years ago

Have Avatar LE. It will make you cuss at it, but it's a great game.
LED-OCD makes a huge difference on this title.
Congrats on your games! So fun to add multiple titles at once!!

#11 8 years ago

great to know. Thanks!

My current plan is to put in all my LED's, new super shiny balls and shakers and then play for while and see what else I want to add.

#13 8 years ago

Sounds like a couple of OCD's will be in order too. Whew. This will get expensive fast, lol. At least the new .bin file will be cheap and easy. Countdown to Thursday has begun!

#14 8 years ago

That's part of it. Currently, there is a work in progress to change all of music & callouts to movie callouts from all three films. Almost there...

#15 8 years ago

Just watched the PAPA video on BDK. Looks pretty cool. Looking forward to learning this game. I hope I play better than I've played tonight. Whew, some crappy pin-playing in my house this evening!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That's part of it. Currently, there is a work in progress to change all of music & callouts to movie callouts from all three films. Almost there...

Guess i will need another update

#17 8 years ago

3 very cool games you got, love avatar very underrated in my opinion..

#18 8 years ago

All 3 set up! Will take a photo later. Awesome fun so far. Only issue is a little sticky flipper button on the Avatar. I actually had my whole family playing pinball last night which is VERY rare. We had a ton of fun.

#19 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#20 8 years ago

very nice... congrats..

#21 8 years ago

sorry about the sideways playfield shots. I tried to rotate them in "edit" but it didn't work.

#22 8 years ago

Wow all 3 of those are fun machines. Looks great! Congrats.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

sorry about the sideways playfield shots. I tried to rotate them in "edit" but it didn't work.

That's ok I'll see them tonight lol my "A" game is coming with me lol

#24 8 years ago

Also I posted a few pics but had the same rotating problem-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bdk-mods

#25 8 years ago

Just had a great time with Drewblood and 2 friends who love playing pinball but aren't part of the insanity yet. Awesome time as we played for 3-4 hours. Iron Man is just down-right brutal. Even when you think you're having an okay game you look and the the score stinks! Whew! I need to learn about strategy. BDK is more fun than I thought it would be. Actually seems pretty awesome to me. Avatar is cool but not on par with the other two but my ownership experience is barely over 24 hours. I need to watch some videos on all three so I can actually understand what I'm doing.

So far I couldn't be happier with these additions.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Iron Man is just down-right brutal. Even when you think you're having an okay game you look and the the score stinks!

Try playing it opposite hands. That'll REALLY screw you up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-pro-im-and-bdkall-huo-and-coming-home-to-me-this-week and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.