• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC02583.jpg
DSC02574.jpg
DSC02544.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago

Have it, love it. Of course, wasn't easy to find once l started my search for one.
Avatar is pinball brutality. lt has a unique rule set, but it's also very polished imo. The amp and link shots are super satisfying shots, multiball is stackable and NUTS! l hear a lot of complaints about the pop bumpers...they really do not bother me, in fact they actually aid you in longer multiball because of how active it can get in that section (makes for nice bonus x sometimes as well)
Completing the game is very tough but super rewarding when you do. A lot of the early on hate that some people gave this pin is because of how unforgiving and tough it is to keep it under control. I can see newbie players hating it, but seasoned players/vets really appreciating everything it has to offer.

#34 11 years ago

price of the pro has been real good...I don't expect it to last.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

So what are the shots to aim for. Is there only one ramp, or is there something on the far right side?

One ramp that is used for Banshee completion and multi-ball modes. The multi-ball modes are a blast-and all major shots become your friend. You can stack amp and link. Hit all the flashing shots in amp suit MB= A big rush when you hit super jackpot twice to finish it off (The Amp suit will stand back up, 3 bank wall will lower and you hit can hit that lone target for super jackpot, makes a funky blooping noise when you do it. The link super jackpot is great too, and can payoff 12 million points...

The other great feature is the top rollover- Everytime you complete them, you not only get balls end bonus (i think i had 16x once) you get 2x lit- meaning the next shot/2x insert you hit will be 2x score for the rest of the ball. You can light these shots up all over the field! and once you get them all lit...you can get 3x per shot. Hard to do all on one ball though.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I agree, they should be drops! Some of the things I think should be on EVERY pin....Drop Targets and Kick Out Hole. (just me)

You won't miss there being no kick out hole with the link captive ball lock. Wayyyy better imho. Just a super feel good shot at all times. Wish more games had something like this

#59 11 years ago

I have one bad...but it's not THAT bad because they're cheap enough to replace currently. I replaced mine because of a busted leg.

The AMP suit...it's made out of very weak plastic. The AMPS main purpose is to just drop down and raise up, but the legs break very easily at the hinge. Even stranger is how Stern just screwed in to the sides of it to secure it...it's interesting to say the least. Besides that, it does what it's suppose to and even with a cracked or broken leg, raises up and down because it's kind of like a scarecrow on a pole.
You can find them in the toy line through ebay, it's exactly the same ones Stern used. about $15-20 bucks for the whole unit. I bought the figure for mine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-opinions?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.