You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC02544.jpg
DSC02594.jpg
100_4484.JPG
100_4482.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I love the power ball! It does really speed things up and makes things more challenging. Yes, for multi-player games it adds a certain randomness that may not always balance fairly between players, but it really pushes you to maximize your time on any given powerball because you never know if you are going to get it back!

I'd not heard of this... is it like the powerball in TZ? If so, does the game recognise it like TZ does so that the game is somehow adjusted when it's in play, or is it just that Stern bunged a powerball in there and is has not actual effect on the game?

Not played this game, so don't know if magnets are used...

I enjoyed the film and think this game is beautiful (especially the backglass!) so I can imagine picking one up at some point, so am trying to get a feel for what the LE has to offer over the pro...

#21 11 years ago

So what IS the powerball... can someone please explain... pretty please

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

The "Navi" ball used in the LE is the same lighter ceramic style ball as the one used in TZ. The game does recognize when it is put into the trough, as it starts "Navi scoring", which I think is 2X. The most interesting aspect to me is when you get a good multi-ball going and you have both the normal steel balls and the ceramic ball going at the same time. It really messes with you (in a good way)... []

Thanks... I assume you mean 'shooter lane' and not trough

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here's a great rundown of what is different on the LE:

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/avatarle.html

I should have known to go to Pinball News

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from PluffMudPinball:

In addition to the 2X scoring strategy having the Navi ball in play allows you to make multiple head-on shots at the amp suit without the magnet throwing it STDM. You then have amp suit multiball with the Navi ball in play (as well as 2X scoring).

That makes the LE sound even more attractive since it intruduces some strategy...

Dumb question, but you can't just bung a powerball in a pro and change the code to the LE and get it to work... I'm pretty sure the pro won't have the sensor in the shooter lane for the metal ball, but just thought I'd ask 'just in case'

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Youve owned a TZ & dont know what a powerball is??? []

Ah, you mean it's the thing that you have to shoot into the Gumball machine, but here the AMP Suit is the gumball machine?? Now I'm lost again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-le-i-like-it?tu=pinballslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.