(Topic ID: 146932)

Avatar kicks ass! (Well, it does mine at least)

By VolunteerPin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by whisper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

166748_10151518707188529_276223389_n.jpg
281932_10151518706828529_1776592091_n.jpg
IMG_9635.jpg

#1 8 years ago

As a new owner of an Avatar Pro I can honestly say this is the hardest pin I've owned. Game times are ridiculously short for me...way shorter than IM or Tron. Most games I don't even see a multiball. I finally had a game last night where I was able to get a stack of link and amp suit going for a bit which was a lot of fun. Final score was a measly 29 million which did at least finally get me on the board with score #4.

Any thoughts on strategies are helpful.

Also, this thread is open for others to bemoan the difficulty this game poses (or you can just mock me...your call).

#3 8 years ago

This is an incredibly hard game! Just about every important shot sends the ball out of control even if you nail it, so you really have to practice your ball control skills. To make the game manageable I recommend loosening the tilt up a bit, as controlled nudges are constantly necessary to keep the ball out of the outlanes. For strategy, here are a few quick pointers:

a) go for link and ampsuit from the backhand rather than the forehand - it's much safer this way, and you can sometimes regain control of the ball with a simple live catch on the return.

b) Stacking in Bomber Battle with link is the best way to huge points, because the jackpots overlap on the same shots, and the bomber battle jackpots can get up to a million each if you keep the mode alive for a while.

There's a few other things to think about, but you can start with that! Happy flipping.

#4 8 years ago

Recently played one at Free Play Florida that was blinged out with under cab flashers and all. A cool mod, but when playing I never notice those flashers, but a great light show just the same. Looks like they added a lot of color to this one!!

I would say the opposite and think Tron and IM have shorter ball times. (had to add my initials)

IMG_9635.JPGIMG_9635.JPG

#6 8 years ago

I would say IM is more brutal , then Avatar, Tron I don't find too bad. I own an Avatar and it's fun, defiantly gets a bad rap.

#7 8 years ago

I love my LE. I put mini domes on the pop caps, looks alot better I think. OP, you should join the Avatar Club, always room for one more.

#8 8 years ago

You've got some work to do with those scores.
Avatar is a great game, I have said that it is a better game than Iron Man because there are no unbalanced points bomb dropped on you- you earn everything pretty fairly.

One of the coolest things I did in Avatar was not only getting to Final Battle, but getting the link shot to 3x, which was an 18,000,000 point jackpot. Think about that, tough to do on one ball..

166748_10151518707188529_276223389_n.jpg166748_10151518707188529_276223389_n.jpg281932_10151518706828529_1776592091_n.jpg281932_10151518706828529_1776592091_n.jpg

#9 8 years ago

I quite like Avatar, and yeah it's pretty mean. Meaner than Tron for sure. It's easy to bone yourself trying to start a Navi mode before multiball, too.

If you don't already know, hitting the lit AMP letter drops the bank immediately, even after the first amp suit multiball - the rule's the same as Pin*bot or Spider-man. Starting Amp suit is also worth 3 million times your amp multiplier, which is more than most mode values or jackpots. Backhand all day!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I love my LE. I put mini domes on the pop caps, looks alot better I think. OP, you should join the Avatar Club, always room for one more.

Any pics you could post ? thx

#11 8 years ago

Yep, killer game. Just sold my iron man, but I still have Avatar. Gaining popularity, but still underrated .

#12 8 years ago

It's a great game. Miss my LE.

#13 8 years ago

I think this game is very underestimated.

If it had 1 more ramp going back... Might be a top pin and loved by many more.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Any pics you could post ? thx

Go to the Avatar Club that I started and look for posts that I made that have pictures. I've done a lot of DIY mods on my game and I describe how I made them, the pop cap mod is there too. I think you'll find it very interesting. Others did some cool mods too. And while your there sign up, always room for one more.

#15 8 years ago

All good.... Was asking for a friend... I will send him the link.... NT>

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

All good.... Was asking for a friend... I will send him the link.... NT>

I see, if your interested in a mod I did one that can go on any game look for "DIY leg light-up" and if you don't want to make them I have plans of making and selling them but they're cheeper if ya make um yourself. They REALLY look killer when combined with Pinsider beatmaster "Shooter housing light up mod" which he sells. In his topic there are pictures with it on games and my Avatar with the leg light-up is there also.

#17 8 years ago

Sweet. I'll have to check it out. Played a bunch more tonight and could at least get consistent 20 million games for the most part. I know that still sucks but it is better than 2 million

I definitely need to read rules and watch some videos.

#18 8 years ago

#19 8 years ago

Absolutely , love reading about avatar , one of my favourite games, unfortunately don't own one yet but hopefully will one day, great game that flys under the radar, best sound package in all pinball..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-kicks-ass-well-it-does-mine-at-least and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.