(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,979 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240420_082334 (resized).jpg
20240420_080954 (resized).jpg
20240420_080908 (resized).jpg
20240420_080901 (resized).jpg
20240420_081013 (resized).jpg
20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 9 years ago

Officially in the club. This game is great, been looking for a bit, found one that is really pretty nice for a good price. Great rules here, and a great change of pace from my other sterns..

At expo, decided to get a xpin white dmd due to great prices, and throw my plasma in another game that needs it. Per a reccomendation, used the blue and yellow gels to get an amazing teal, really goes well with the game, the camera shot is lighter, but in person its more green/aqua.. very kewl..
IMAG3935.jpgIMAG3935.jpg

#179 9 years ago

I think show price was 267 maybe w gels. easy decision. Im adding quartich to the amp suit, and a banshee, some spotlights, and using one of the extra gels and plexi to light the link coffin.. subtly .. speaker lights are easy and Ill also do that to match the display.. other than that, have a few other ideas Ill work at and post here.. great game.. good ol bang for the buck..

#181 9 years ago

First to mod the amp suit,, leg was cracked so I had to remedy that first, some jb weld and all is better. I got a a Quartich in the mail, added him but wanted to add some light in the suit, so I drilled a small hole and added a 3 smd strip to the bottom grounded to green and blue for the aqua color, turned out pretty good...

IMAG3939.jpgIMAG3939.jpgIMAG3940.jpgIMAG3940.jpgIMAG3938.jpgIMAG3938.jpgIMAG3953.jpgIMAG3953.jpg

#182 9 years ago

Next the coffin, decided to used a piece of translucent plexi, then cover with a blue gel piece from the xpin. add a light strip underneath in green, again for aqua color, and used some thin super strong tape to hold the figure down, befores and afters look pretty neat really...and its sturdy as hell

IMAG3941.jpgIMAG3941.jpg

IMAG3943.jpgIMAG3943.jpgIMAG3944.jpgIMAG3944.jpgIMAG3952.jpgIMAG3952.jpg

1 week later
#190 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

@ZEN was it easy to open the (glued down) window from the amp suit to add quaritch? Still something I would like to do on mine.

Yea, I just used a jewelers screwdriver, flat blade to pry a little and it came up pretty easy, had to ad a little glue to keep it closed tho..

3 months later
#359 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

When you get this project completed, please help out a guy too stupid to know how to connect these up! Pictures maybe? I especially need to see WHERE you hook the wires to give it 'juice'. I am afraid of blowing something more than just a fuse.
Thanks!
Mike

you can buy one at mezel mods for the star trek ramp, easy to install, 12v power and ground, they prob have install instruction there too..

1 week later
#399 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Best option for a BLUE display is?

see my earlier post in this thread, used an xpin white display with gels to produce a teal, looks really cool, I have a blue led display on my tron, and the Avatar gets "whoa" from guests, very good looking with that color. Also a color DMD with upscaling in any color you wish for a little more is really awesome as well..

2 weeks later
#458 9 years ago

Looks fantastic, nice job for sure. I love Comet too, great customer service. I use CT as well, they do a nice job. Love the ice blue. That pf protector looks great. I have a metallica with some raised inserts already, I may just have to do one of those....

1 month later
#532 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, Jake is just an action figure laying there...but the way the capture/lock works is way better than Magneto on X-Men in terms of design and rules.
The AMP suit, while not that interactive or really a bash toy, is still preferable to me for it's "animation" (shaking and falling) than the big plastic torsos on X-Men & TWD....and it's narrow target shot to kill it is immensely satisfying.
So while the "toys" themselves aren't that special, the shots associated with them feel really good - and that's what matters at the end of the day.

Well put there Rarehero, I completely agree and I absolutely love the audio in this game, one of my very favorite from Stern.. Its really good..

#550 9 years ago

Made some spacers for my speakers, and added some teal leds to them to match the display, photo isnt good but its dead on..

IMAG4320.jpgIMAG4320.jpg

1 month later
#603 8 years ago

Woa, I leave this thread for a week and come back to a clinic, nice work gents.

10 months later
#721 8 years ago

I consider Avatar to be among Sterns very best modern games for audio both music speech/call outs, and audio theme integration, it is really hard for me to imagine folks would want to change it.. obviously not everyone will love it, but I still feel it was done so well... a huge piece of why this game lasts for me..

1 month later
#765 7 years ago

I recommend xpins white dmd, then you can put any gel over it to make it whatever you want, blue looks awesome, I made my Avatar teal.. if you sell the game you can move it to another if you choose..

1462851492757-639121475_(resized).jpg1462851492757-639121475_(resized).jpg

5 months later
#946 7 years ago

I feel the same way after owning a few years , it still has me playing it often, others tend to enjoy it as well, great game

2 months later
#994 7 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Hi All, new to this thread/club (didn't know it existed) and I am sorry if I am changing any subject thread but does anyone know of any mods in the works for the Link chamber? I received my Avatar NIB back in 2010 and really enjoy it but from day one that Link chamber with Sully in it has always been a sore spot...looks a bit like a cheap Walmart glasses case. Lastly, has anyone figured out a way to level the AMP suit so Quaritch isn't looking straight down? Pity they had to break the tops off the suit to get it to fit...would liked to have seen the gun belts.

See post #182..

2 years later
#1452 5 years ago

So, I am officially back in this club. I purchased a very unique Avatar, a new in box LE, that has some damage. It was a unique find and game that needs full teardown and disassembly before I can even put a ball on it. I have some videos and I am documenting the journey.. I'll share soon.

I missed my Avatar pro so much, hopefully this will payoff.. here is a taste of what I'm dealing with..more to come Avatar fans.. if there is a mech or teardown you need help with, I have done it..

20190121_105720 (resized).jpg20190121_105720 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#1489 4 years ago

Not the last nib LE.. I'll share this story of this one in its own thread

20181001_203911 (resized).jpg20181001_203911 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#1571 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Hi,
Where can I buy original Stern Backbox Chrome trim for Avatar? I need only one ( the top )
Thanks

www.tmolding.com

#1576 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Is this same like the original Stern molding?
Thanks.[quoted image]

Yes, should be the exact same, if it were me, I'd replace all at once so there is no matching issues.. since u are already paying shipping.

#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Avatar looks stunning with cool white dominating the lighting with hints of the blue, green and purple if you must go with colour..

I agree with this, I just finished my LE, tried pinstadiums on here with cool white GI, pretty amazing looking really. The pinstadiums are set with warm white and aqua combo.

IMG_20190811_140911 (resized).jpgIMG_20190811_140911 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#1680 4 years ago

This is a good idea, the LE version has one of the weirdest ways to open and close the cheap coffin.. I hate the engineering of it, too much crap at the point underneath the playfield, a redesign would be killer and much needed

8 months later
#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from Bassproal:

Anyone know where I can pick up the plastic piece below the AMP suit? It’s behind the drop down 3 target bank. Over the main AMP suit target. In the US.
[quoted image]

Just saw your post Bassproal , I restored an Avatar last year, I had to buy a plastic set at marco, check and see if they still have them..

2 years later
#1861 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hoping for any help/tips - my blue monkey isn’t kicking a ball out at Start and the flippers aren’t actuating.
The RDA light moves left/right with flipper toggle, but the flippers don’t move, and no ball kicks out to the shooter lane. Everything else seems normal like lights & dmd.
Someone mentioned magnetized balls could cause opto register issues, but I swapped the balls out with new ones and still same issue. Thanks for any help!

Sounds like you blew a fuse on the power supply board, if indeed no coils are working. Do they work in test mode?

3 months later
#1909 1 year ago

You can take normal pinball legs to a chrome shop and have them chromed, you don't need to source one. Hell I did all the metals on my Avatar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested?tu=zen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.