(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,959 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Falc0nWing
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240318_195556834 (resized).jpg
IMG_9126 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9125 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9124 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9128 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4370 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4367 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4369 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4368 (resized).jpeg
20231204_211401 (resized).jpg
IMG_9013 (resized).jpeg
A42682D0-25BE-4C58-BD41-99694551F6FF (resized).jpeg
1F6FF4D9-168C-4A2D-99B0-BA3E6BF80F06 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#830 7 years ago

hey guys and gals, i'm in the Avatar club now
it's the standard one (i'm in the UK, no idea how many LEs made it over here, never seen one) and i'm loving it loving it loving it, i'm loving it like that.

i read all 17 pages to here and found lots of useful rules/strategy details which i've copied to a Word file and will incorporate into a proper rulesheet, as i see there isn't currently one available (apart from the lengthy detail on Pinball News, and the Bowen video tutorial). even PAPA website doesn't have anything yet, so one is needed.

i'm crap at Pinball, need to get me some time on this game and see if i can get me a decent score.

#847 7 years ago

what is this 'pop' i keep reading about?
i suppose it's like the 'gel' that happens when people meet, whether or not they pop.

#863 7 years ago

guys, i'm nearly done with the rulesheet, but can anyone tell me what this thing on the rules card is about, for Link multiball:

"advance towards one of three multiballs (VIPER WOLVES, THANATOR, LEONOPTERYX)"

rules_(resized).jpgrules_(resized).jpg

#865 7 years ago

But does the game actually use those names then, on the display or in shout outs? Can't say I've ever noticed them before reading the names today on the card for the first time.

#867 7 years ago

i'm happy to scan it and email if you want

couple of questions for my rules sheet:

1) in link MB, after the 15 shots you need to trap a ball in the link lane for a 3M SJ, then hit this trapped ball against a timer for a 6M DSJ, right? and if you miss the timer, the trapped ball gets released, so you have to try to tap it and hit it again i think. so ..... can these points be doubled/tripled? and can you score that SJ more than once, or is the second trap unpaid? cos if you rewarded each time, you could time it out, let it fall, and score a doubled or tripled 3M over and over i think? i could test this with the glass off, but maybe someone already knows this possible exploit.

edit: so i took the glass off and attempted to answer this for myself. i got the ball in the link lane and was awarded the SJ, and the doubler indeed worked. but i let it time out, and what happened next i wasn't expecting - instead of letting me try again to lock in there, i had to go back and shoot the 15 link jackpots again. ok, easy with glass off - but for some reason, 'victory laps' had been awarded and i couldn't progress. i couldn't get the ball to lock in the link lane any more, and couldn't get the link insert to flash, even after awarding myself every shot on the game multiple times. is this a bug/ is it not possible to get the link DSJ after you fail to hit the trapped ball? i was able to start and complete amp (flashing) but everything else was locked out as i was trapped in link victory laps.

2) to start final battle, you don't necessarily need to get all inserts flashing i don't think. so does this mean you don't actually need to complete all the modes? which ones can you not worry about finishing, or have i got that wrong? i'm reading the Pinball News writeup here http://www.pinballnews.com/games/avatar/index5b.html and it's in the bit where he first talks about final battle (about 3/4 of the way down the page). i think you don't need the navi SJ, what else?

#870 7 years ago

thanks akm, what about the other Q - which of the 'flashing requirements' are *not* essential for Final Battle?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested?tu=cooldan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.