(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,972 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Tekman
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191249121 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191332409 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240318_195546597 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_223015108 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240321-212313 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

544 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

I got my Avatar LE last night and when I did a Pinside search I couldn't find a Avatar club so I thought I'd start one where owners and the interested could come and talk about the game. Mine is #121 and in beautiful shape save for a one inch long scratch on the left side of the cab. It has an upgraded speaker kit and you'd swear the shaker is active all the time. LOL Also has the warm filter over the light in the bb and the anti SDTM mod. Question, is the OCD board the only solution for the pf insert strobing?

That's all I have for now, I hope to see more owners and the interested come and share in the fun.

1 week later
#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Jumbosinbad360:

Had my Avatar just over 2 weeks and I know it's still early days but loving it so far. Really like the music, sound fx and the call outs are great. Fast game with a good light show and things can get pretty frantic during AMP multiball.

IMAG0229.jpg 231 KB

Welcome to the club. Do you have LED's in the inserts?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Im enjoying mine. I just picker it up last week. Number 132. The gi looks awesome in blue purple and green.

Welcome to you also. For a while there I thought I was the only Avatar owner out there. My GI is blue on the left and purple on the right. I've also added 4 double spot lights and relocated the 2 stock spot lights. I play mine in the dark and these extra spots really light up the pf.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I owned an Avatar pro for over a year. It really is a fun and underrated pin IMHO. If you're interested, here's a few Avatar related threads I started:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-mods-take-another-look
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-avatar-suck
...and for the record, I do not think Avatar sucks.

Read and I still love my LE. I get a kick out of defeating the Amp Suit and it falls down. I just wonder why my inserts flicker and others don't. Could it be that ALL the inserts have to have led's in them before they stop flickering? I REALLY like what you did to your Amp Suit, it looks so real. Great job. I put another double spot light on last night, on the screw just above the left spinner. Now have a total of 4 doubles and 2 singles.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I want an Avatar LE someday, I keep missing out timing when I see them for sale. I either am out of space and/or money. I will own one someday for sure, hopefully sooner rather than later.

There's only 250 out there so I wish you luck in your search.

#11 9 years ago

How many out there have the neutral density filter (I think that's what it is) over the flor. bulb in the bb. I do and the tl colors look better.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I have put all LED's in mine and it is awesome looking.

and you get no flicker in the inserts?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I can't explain it fully here, but I have put a large LED (purple) under the white insert area of the AMP suite, and when you hit it for multi-ball, it keeps the white light flashing but the purple also works. At times during game play, it is all purple, and then reverts back to white. I didn't plan it that way, but it sure looks great when it happens.

There are 3 flashers there so do you have the purple one in the big center insert and one white to either side?

#20 9 years ago

I had never seen the game in person before our group had our Pinball BBQ (I'm sure you've all heard about it) this Spring. I saw Steve's LE from across the room and what drew me to it like a magnet was the 3D tl. I stopped in front of the game and just stared at it like a deer caught in headlights. It was the most interesting tl I had ever seen. After a minute or two I (noticed) the rest of the game all blue and chrome. I must have looked over the game for 5 minutes before I pressed the start button, plunged the first ball and was greeted with a 20 second pop bumper action FRENZY. I'm a sucker for great pop bumper action and knew right then and there I had to have the game. It will NOT!!! be going anywhere!!!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

As for the flicker issue, no . . . I have never had that. But I also don't have the LE version, which I think you do.

Yes I have the LE, that makes for an interesting question...does the Pro not flicker while the LE does. I read the LE has slightly different rules then the Pro, I wonder if that has anything to do with the flicker. I'm just thinking out loud here so don't mind me.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Anyone ever get to the wizard mode.
It's brutal to get there.
Navi multiball seems to be the key. Get it completed and u have a shot.

I think that's why the game isn't rated very high, people are so frustrated because they can't get to the wizard mode so they give the game a low rating.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I changed the rubber to white and waxed the playfield

I do too, they are a MUST on this game. It just looks soooo much better.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Does anyone have an LE for sale in the Michigan/Midwest? Looking to get back in the club! I have a HUO Elvis full LEDs in mint shape for trade. Thanks.

Gonna have to put up a WTB post. Since only 250 were made you will have to let an owner know your on the look-out.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

AFM, MM, TAF, and TZ...great games but, I would take the Sterns
I love the way the newer games play.

Me too. The only thing I don't like about Avatar is that you can't put led's in the inserts. I love the way the inserts "sparkle" with the white clear dome led's in my ST and Mustang. It makes the game look so modern and Avatar would look great with them in.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I put LED's in mine. I had some flicker, but it wasn't bad at all. These were Cointaker supers. Have you tried the non-ghosting LED's?

DSC02544.jpg 74 KB

Yup tried them all and my game flickers something bad. Most if not all of Avatars inserts are meant to fade on and off to get nice sweeping/fading patterns which I really like. I just wish the incandescents were brighter.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I think Avatar is a very complete game. I seldom get tired of playing it.
But my pin doesn't like me! EVERY TIME I get "Navi scoring", my ball drains straight down the middle! I played today and got it 3 times in one game. Each and every time, the moment the pin announced "Navi scoring", I didn't hit anything else and all 3 balls went SDTM!!!

HaHa.....that's happened to me a couple of times too. Keep trying though.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I love Avatar and it is by far the most frequently played game in my collection. We have put over 5000 plays on it since we bought it nib direct off of amazon in early April 2011. I would lose TAF and LOTR before ditching Avatar! I've always wondered if we love it because it's our first game... If so would we have loved RCT had that been our first? Also i just missed Avatar. I had everything lit except for navi and I had all but completed it...

image.jpg 171 KB

Nice to see ya here edwinpblue, nice to see an original owner especially for how old this game is. Is yours a Pro or LE?

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Still love Avatar. Glad to see you picked up an LE Paul. Interested to hear the fix for ghosting inserts.
So what is up with the garage photos? You adding on?

Hey Steve, after I saw and played yours I fell in love and had to have it....it's all your fault. Only fix I know of is the OCD, no bulb I've tried worked, they all flickered. Yeah a nice 12x21 addition that will be used as a work shop because it has a wood floor but the garage is all open, no wall between the addition and the garage, going to have final inspection this week then wired and spray foam insulated. Garage is now 24x36....it's about 120sq ft bigger then the main floor of my house.

IMGA0093.JPGIMGA0093.JPG IMGA0084.JPGIMGA0084.JPG IMGA0092.JPGIMGA0092.JPG
#46 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You should seriously think about installing one of herg's LED OCD controllers in the game. I put one in my Avatar LE, and it made a huge difference!

Oh I know it would but I have to spend the money on getting the garage done before the snow fly's.

#47 9 years ago

Just saw that Pinside member pin15 has an LE for sale in the Market Place. $4600. (disclaimer) I don't know him or the game.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Has anyone lit up the pod? I am thinking of putting a led strip under Jake
However there doesnt seem to be a good place to run the wires.

Not me.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Bought my Le with pod lit up already. Has led strip on the underside of the top piece of pod- when it opens it shines the light on Jake. Pretty sure it stays lit all the time- just exposes it when the pod opens. Very cool effect.

Yeah it would look better lit from the top. I'll have to take mine apart and see what it takes to put a Comet led strip in there. Do we really need that plastic covering Jake? I've never seen the ball go up into there.

#54 9 years ago

Well I took apart the pod and am painting the inside silver and will then spray glitter over that, hot melt Jake in (so I can get rid of the plastic over him) and will finish off buy putting a Comet 6.3v, 7 led strip (with one cut off to make it a 6 led strip) so it fits on the underside of the pod cover. This will take a few days because the paint has to dry. I think it will look pretty good, a lot better then the stock look anyway.

#56 9 years ago

I haven't gotten that far yet but yeah I'm going to have to drill a small hole in the bottom upper left corner of the pod to run the wires down and out. Luckly there is a big hole in the pf right there for the lid opening mech. and a 44 socket right there also for powering the led strip.

The Comet strips wires unplug from their connectors so the hole doesn't have to be the size of the plug just the 2 wires. Push one wire through the small hole then the other one and plug them back into the connector on the other side of the hole in the pod floor. Then plug that connector into the alligator clip connector and clip on to the nearest 44 socket.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

MustangPaul
If it is not a lot of trouble, could you take some pictures as you go about this project, sort of step by step? I'd like to follow your lead and try this myself. At least see if you can show WHERE you are wiring things up . . . I'd hate to blow my pin up from wiring things backwards!
If it is too tedious to take pictures, I understand. But do give us a follow-up report and 'splain how it all worked out.
Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike, will do. You have to take the Pod completly off the game which is easy to do then take the cover off the Pod then take Jake out of the Pod then mask off the the outside of the Pod, both bottom and cover. Spray with chrome silver paint, let dry for a couple days then spray with silver sparkle paint and let dry for a couple of days. I'll take pictures of where and how I hook up the 7 led strip but don't worry about blowing your pin up the 6.3v strip can be plugged into any 44 socket on the pf.

Here are a couple of pictures of the bottom of the Pod painted. The silver sparkle is hard to capture. The reason I went with silver is because Comet is coming out with 7 led, 6.3v color changing strips and I'm hoping they are slow changing then the sparkle would look REALLY cool.

IMGA0108.JPGIMGA0108.JPG IMGA0109.JPGIMGA0109.JPG IMGA0110.JPGIMGA0110.JPG IMGA0111.JPGIMGA0111.JPG
#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

AWESOME! AWESOME!
I was just joshing about blowing my pin up, but with my electrical knowledge, anything can happen! Ha.
Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to that electrical info!!!
Mike

I'm probably below you in electrical know how. I use the alligator clips that come with the strips, SUPER easy. Was thinking about drilling holes under the Jake figure so that some of the light coming from under the Pod (which is green in my case) would light him from underneith with a green glow. Once he's lit from the top I don't know if this would be visible though. Now if he were lying on a translucent bed that would look cool and would be VERY visible. Dang, right when I thought I had it figured out.

#61 9 years ago

I might be putting Jake on a piece of mirror plex, have to see how it lights with the Comet Color Changing strip lighting it up. If it looks good I'll hot melt everything down and assemble. Looks good so far.

IMGA0112.JPGIMGA0112.JPG IMGA0113.JPGIMGA0113.JPG
#63 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I put the comet led strip on the inside of the pod lid. It looks really cool. I did not mod Jake in anyway. The white light is a big improvement as it is. I also added a spot light for the amp suit. While i was at it, I finally installed the green plastic protectors. They look fantastic.

Cool, could you post a picture of the pod light. So far I have put 4 double spots on and moved the 2 stock ones from the slings to the upper portions of the pf. Where did you get the green protectors from?

This plastic, top left on the pf is lit by one bulb and was very dark so I put a 7 led strip in there also and it lit it up perfect. The hole in the pf is there so running the wires is a cinch. I just love what you can do with those Comet led strips.

IMGA0114.JPGIMGA0114.JPG
#66 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Where did you move the spots to? Did the wires reach?

Here are the placements of all my spots. The 2 factory spots had to have some wire added and alligator clips added to clip on to a 44 socket under the pf.

IMGA0115.JPGIMGA0115.JPG IMGA0116.JPGIMGA0116.JPG IMGA0117.JPGIMGA0117.JPG IMGA0118.JPGIMGA0118.JPG IMGA0119.JPGIMGA0119.JPG
#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I'm not familiar with these. Where do you get them?
Thanks,
Mike

Go to cometpinball.com. You want the 3 or 7 led 6.3v strips.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I used a 3 led strip for the pod. I didn't like the 7 for the pod. I felt it was too bright. It looked like Jake was in a tanning bed. Ill post pics in a little while

Good call, a 7 is way to bright for that small of a space.

#72 9 years ago

Looks great. Does the pf scrape on the mirrors? I see why you only put a 3 bulb strip in the Pod.

#75 9 years ago

What are you doing in bed with a laptop...there are more fun things to do in bed then play with a laptop.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Man! They have a great selection! Don't know how I have missed them all this time. Thought I knew all the sellers . . . .
Thanks!

Just wait till they get their color changing strips in, WAY cool.

1 week later
#80 9 years ago

Hey guys, a little help please. I need to know where this plastic goes. Thanks

IMGA0120.JPGIMGA0120.JPG
#82 9 years ago

Not me. Thought I saw on in the Market Place a while ago.

#88 9 years ago

Hey guys I really need help finding the location of that piece of pf plastic pictured above. The game is ready to go back together but this is holding it up. Could someone please post a picture of where it goes. Thanks

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Im about the last person to be a Stern fanboy. I have always leaned towards games from sys 11 back. I am enjoying the hell outta Avatar. It isvery underrated

Glad to hear you enjoying the game. You have a Pro or LE?

#92 9 years ago

Would you shoot a picture of where that plastic I have pictured is on the game and post it for me please?

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

I'm pretty sure that's the piece under the Amp Suit foot. LE here.

20140729_205236.jpg 244 KB

BINGO!!! When I took the Amp suit off I lifted the pf and heard a plastic hit the bottom of the cab but I only saw one. When you posted your picture and saw there should be 2 I went and looked and sure enough the other one was wedged among some wires under the pf. Thanks a million packetpusher.

I'm also working on a pop cap mod that I think is BADLY needed, will be ordering parts tonight. I hope it turns out like I envision otherwise I'll be looking for a new cap because I will have wrecked one.

#95 9 years ago

Here's a cool light mod I put on the game the other day, got it on ebay for $32 shipped from China. It's call the Night Rider RGB color changing led strip, it's 12v and comes with a wireless remote and does about 100 light patterns and man does it look cool when it gets fired up. My camera does not do the colors justice. As you can see from one of the pictures the end with the wires going into it is kind of funky. I also have one on my EATPM and T3.

IMGA0127.JPGIMGA0127.JPG IMGA0128.JPGIMGA0128.JPG IMGA0122.JPGIMGA0122.JPG IMGA0126.JPGIMGA0126.JPG IMGA0124.JPGIMGA0124.JPG
#97 9 years ago

Yes I'll post about it. It's a simple mod that will be difficult to execute. I had better get all done on the first try or I'll be in need of 1, 2 or 3 caps.

Yes it's clear flexible plastic over all of it. I used a heat gun to GENTLY heat up the middle to get the bend using the apron as a form. So it's heat, form, cool while forming, over and over again. There is no sticky backing, I had to find my own. It is not plug n play, it comes with bare wire ends except where the strip plugs into the controller.

Not to worry, I never even thought to look at the area under his feet, I was looking at all the posts to see if it fit on any of them, about drove me crazy.

#99 9 years ago

Glad you figured it out. I'd love to see some pictures when you figure out what you're doing with your pops.

Thanks again for the help. My mod will make the caps look ALOT more finished and modern, I think anyway. I hope others think so also.

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Brads_User_Name:

I have an LE and love it. One of the coolest features are the custom call-outs with actor Stephen Lang...he's perfect at taunting you! Speaking of actors, Zoe S. (Uhura of Star Trek, etc.) confirmed in an article today that they will begin to film Avatar 2, 3 and 4 simultaneously this fall. Imagine that. If I can find the time, I'll try to post some pictures of some custom miniature "gunships" I built for the pin...way too much work, but they turned out pretty cool.

Good to see you here. That is some GREAT news about the new movies. I have the first one on BluRay 3D and it's a KILLER. Must have watched it 20 so far. Post pictures of the Gunships, I' love to see them.

#102 9 years ago

OK here are a couple of pictures of the lit Pod. The led strip is white light and the color temp of the leds really messes with the ccd pick-up in the camera and it looks blue but it is white light. Gonna have to look for a filter for my camera one of these days. It was all pretty straight forward, take apart, paint, hot melt guy into Pod, toss clear plastic that held him in, drill holes in Pod and pf plastics for led wires, attach led strip, route wires and reassemble. Looks really good and for once no left over parts.

IMGA0134.JPGIMGA0134.JPG IMGA0135.JPGIMGA0135.JPG IMGA0136.JPGIMGA0136.JPG IMGA0137.JPGIMGA0137.JPG IMGA0138.JPGIMGA0138.JPG
#104 9 years ago

Thanks Pintucky. Now to start on the pop caps mod I talked about earlier. Got the parts in today and will go to the hardware store tomorrow to buy one of those cone shaped drill bits that drill ever larger holes and they aint cheap, $30. I did a mock up job on one cap and it looks WOW!! Some may say it's to much but I think it looks GREAT.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Yes, but just think how much you are doing for the pinball community with this investment!
I can't WAIT to see this!!!
Mike

Yeah....for the whole 2 people that have been reading my topic.

#108 9 years ago

To give my game a more up to date look here is the new look of my pop covers and how I went about doing it.

First you get (hopefully borrow from a friend cuz they are like $35) a multi diameter drill bit with a max diameter of over 1 inch.

IMGA0139.JPGIMGA0139.JPG

and drill out the center holes to just over 1 inch.

IMGA0140.JPGIMGA0140.JPG

and this is what it will look like. Notice that there are 2 extra bolt holes

IMGA0142.JPGIMGA0142.JPG

those holes have to be at a 90 degree from the factory screw holes so that the new bolts will clear the 2 indents on the pop cup.

IMGA0166.JPGIMGA0166.JPG

here are all 3 that are done.

IMGA0141.JPGIMGA0141.JPG

This is what you will be putting on from the underside of the cap, a mini dome.

IMGA0143-646.JPGIMGA0143-646.JPG

And this is the final product, looks like it came off a 2014 game doesn't it. The bolts that hold it on are #6-1/2 in. stainless steel with nylocks nuts. I wanted to use chrome cap allen head bolts but they are over $2 each and the smallest I could find were #8.

They look great but now I have a REAL problem.......what color domes.

IMGA0144-621.JPGIMGA0144-621.JPG
IMGA0145.JPGIMGA0145.JPG
IMGA0146.JPGIMGA0146.JPG
IMGA0147.JPGIMGA0147.JPG
IMGA0148.JPGIMGA0148.JPG
IMGA0149.JPGIMGA0149.JPG

#111 9 years ago

I color matched the bulb with the lens. Here is what they look like on the game.

IMGA0150.JPGIMGA0150.JPG
IMGA0158.JPGIMGA0158.JPG
IMGA0161.JPGIMGA0161.JPG
IMGA0162.JPGIMGA0162.JPG
IMGA0164.JPGIMGA0164.JPG
IMGA0165.JPGIMGA0165.JPG

#112 9 years ago

Now the last challenge is going to be routing out the plastic the sits just above the cap with the red dome. As you know that plastic has to come way down so the only thing to do is grind it away around the dome. The black dot on the plastic is centered on the dome so you get an idea about how much plastic has to come off.

IMGA0168.JPGIMGA0168.JPG IMGA0167.JPGIMGA0167.JPG
#113 9 years ago

The final piece is done. Now I can put the game back together. I haven't played it in 3 weeks so I'm pumped.

IMGA0171.JPGIMGA0171.JPG
#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Damn! You are a surgeon!!!

Well I wouldn't go quite that far. It's pretty close considering I did it by hand with a dremel and carved it out a little bit at a time. But it's good enough.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Looks great. I'm currently looking for a LE in Canada so I can join the club.
Really nice work

I REALLY hope you find one, I'm soooo glad I did. With all the extra lights I put on it it's like a whole different game. Put a post up on PS. Your mind is in the right place so come back and chat anytime.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Those look awesome, Paul.. Good thing you are using LED's or your local power company might begin to notice.

Yeah, if I would have left the regular bulbs in I probably would have started it on fire by now. Counting all the bulbs in the strips and other bulbs I've added 76 bulbs to the game and I still have the 2 el paper under the translucent cards to put on yet. DANG this is FUN!!

#120 9 years ago

Just got finished installing the el paper apron cards. They look GREAT but the pictures turned out like junk, the ccd in my camera made the card color red.

IMGA0172.JPGIMGA0172.JPG IMGA0173.JPGIMGA0173.JPG IMGA0174.JPGIMGA0174.JPG IMGA0175.JPGIMGA0175.JPG
#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

What is "el paper". I hope I'm not asking a dumb question and it is an abbreviation for something simple!

My spelling will probably be wrong but to read about it google Electroluminecent paper or film. It's really cool stuff and comes in dif. colors too.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If this were high school I'd ask to sit at your lunch table.

funny you should say that cuz when I got my new 1970 Grabber Orange Mustang for my last month of Senior High EVERYONE wanted to sit at my table for lunch.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I think it's just paper from Mexico.

Is this something you are offering for others at all? I LEDed my Avatar, and I would love to add these cards!

paper from Mexico. Good one.

I bought the cards and el paper from Pinballcenter.com in Germany. The cards and paper aren't cheap but it's the only game in town. They have them for a bunch of diff. games.

#128 9 years ago

Hey guys, as you know sparky is making the MDM, a couple of you have chimed in and said you'd want one. I think I have convinced him to make it for us. He has just put up a picture of the proto faceplate so take a look and leave your feedback. As you know there aren't many mods out for our game because there weren't many sold so if show sparky by getting involved with the design that we are interested I think we can get it for our game. Avatar is a keeper for me.

Thanks guys.

#129 9 years ago

GREAT news guys, Sparky is doing an Avatar MDM for our game so let's show him our support and get them for our games, I'm getting 2. I just put a Met one on my Met and it's way cool. Oh and the hex standoff did not come with the MDM and he will also start selling the power splitter if you need it which is great cuz ya don't have to order them from another vender so you'll save the shipping cost when ya buy them from Sparky.

IMGA0180.JPGIMGA0180.JPG
IMGA0181.JPGIMGA0181.JPG

#131 9 years ago

What you doin here, that aint no Avatar!! just kidding, I'll let it slide THIS TIME. Looks great there. Is it close enough do you think? I hope Sparky sells a ton of these. Now one for your Avatar. I've got 2 coming for mine.

#132 9 years ago

Hey guys, I was thinking about changing the apron and getting a design put on the triangular inserts that light up with the flashers so I contacted Gio at the Refinery. He has a metallic blue apron ready to go and asked what design I had in mind for the flasher inserts. I was thinking of the flying creatures (name escapes me at the moment) or something. So I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions. A metallic blue apron would look a lot better then the black one I think. This would be a one off but I was thinking if there was interest maybe we could get a better price, I haven't gotten a price yet. What do you guys think?

#136 9 years ago

Blue would look nice. Of course I've never had a problem with the black apron until you brought up the possibility of a blue one. Thanks for that.

Hey what are Avatar buds for. I'm thinking it's the blue that's on ST, have to see it first. I have the blue legs on my ST Pro that Stern put on Avengers and that compliments the pf PERFECT.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Avatar LE #47 here. Got it in February this year. Came with full LED's (bright enough to warrant wearing welding goggles). It flickered like crazy so I got the LEDOCD product and the flicker is gone. It is now completely chromed out and I have added a ColorDMD. I have mirror blades to add but haven't installed them. Would like to know of other mods that folks have done.

Welcome to the club. You've added some nice mods but what else did you chrome. You can see my mods in earlier posts, I will be getting 2 of Sparkys MDM mods, I just added a Modfather gold leaf shooter knob and am talking to Zdoor about a metalic blue apron with custom flasher insert pictures. The complete apron might be for sale to other Avatar owners if it works out.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Coin door, shooter rod housing and apron have been chromed by Mike Chesnut. Added translucent blue knob on shooter rod as well as lighted flipper buttons (clear buttons with blue led's). I also have a Thanator figure that I am trying to determine a good spot for. Thinking about putting it on the ramp to the left of the pod.
I looked for the LE version for a long time, always missing one when it came up for sale. This one will be in my collection for a long, long time.

That's some nice extra chrome work, got some pictures? Mines going nowhere also.

#142 9 years ago

Thanks Gio. Well what do you guys think? It's a metallic blue and would have an engraving, like the Refinery does on their IM apron, of a Raptor on each of the 2 flasher inserts like in this picture. The creature sure would be nice and big and fit perfectly to.

IMGA0172.JPGIMGA0172.JPG

#144 9 years ago

Crap. I want one for my STLE now.
It should look great on Avatar too. You guys are costing me too much money.

Hey ya can't take it with ya so spend it now and have some fun. This is one mod that will actually add to the game IMO and there are really no mods out there for Avatar so if Gio does it that would make another mod he could offer and we would get a cool mod, a win-win if you ask me.

So I want this mod and am asking if anyone else wants it too. The apron is ready to go but the plastics have to be made. Don't know about a price yet.

#146 9 years ago

Yeah yeah. I'm in.

Hey thanks. That makes 2 , who will be #3?

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Best look on STLE is Chromed.

I have a Refinery chromed on my Pro and it looks WOW!!!

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I'll have an Avatar some day. Tough game with hard objectives!

Just make sure it's an LE, waaaay better then the Pro. I LOVE mine.

#152 9 years ago

Sparky, this is just my opinion but I liked the Seeds plastic waaaay better. I'll pay extra for it.

#154 9 years ago

WOW only 3. That makes it super rare down under. Great to have an Auzie bro in the club. I hope you find the info here useful. As you can see not many problems to talk about but a lot of modding going on.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I have a regular old Avatar, but I love playing it, especially when I feel like getting a kick in the pants. I'm just flat out bad at this game.
Has anyone changed the songs in this game with the browser? I was thinking of adding in some custom music, but I'm concerned about song length.

Well at least you have one. Yes it can get tough at times. Never tried the browser.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Thanks ...
I am looking at mods to do to this pin ..
Will post a pic up when the topper is fitted..

A topper, cool. Post when ready. Gio is looking into a mod for Avatar for me, he's super busy so I don't want to bug him about it. If it turns out like I want he'll make it available to the rest of the Avatar owners. I have my fingers crossed.

#160 9 years ago

Very nice, I've never seen a topper for Avatar before. Makes me wish I had the head room for toppers.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Had a great game on this pin today for me .
only had it for 3 days ...
set on 3 balls

it is so satisfying when you complete this as is one of the most challenging pin i have played....

Dave 10914 109 - Copy.JPG 29 KB

Dave 10914 110 - Copy.JPG 30 KB

I'll say. Good show. I know I won't play against you for money.

#163 9 years ago

Hey guys I just put my 2 MDM's on the game. Check out Sparky's MDM mod topic for pictures and text. They turned out FANTASTIC!!! You guys have got to get one or two for the game.

#164 9 years ago

Hi guys, how are your games playing? I was playing mine tonight and the ball was bouncing off of these 2 post rubbers really dead like (see picture) so I looked at the rubbers and they both almost fell off they were so shot. I replaced them and it really made a difference. These 2 little guys really take a beating so check yours.

Happy flipping.

IMGA0237.JPGIMGA0237.JPG

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Those rubber disentegrate on mine. I changed those to the new urethane ones pinballife carries.

I have a bunch of these white ones but will switch to those when I run out. You have colored or clear?

#168 9 years ago

The clears look really nice and as an added bonus on slings and other plastics they don't block the light coming from the bulbs like the black and white do . They don't cast a shadow on the top side of the plastic.

#170 9 years ago

Welcome "back" David, just couldn't stay away could ya. I don't blame you, we all love the game too. Great suggestions, wish Stern would hear you. Have any mods on your game?

#172 9 years ago

I hope you have checked out the mods I have made, they add a lot to the game I think and are easy to do. Don't you miss the Navi ball special and all the other things that make the LE special?

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

I have put some mods on ,,,
Topper and a speaker mod with leds ..
check out the pic...

DSC_0263 - Copy-883.JPG 63 KB

WOW looks great. You planning on getting Sparkys MDM mod? I have 2 on and they look great. Bling that baby out.

1 month later
#178 9 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Officially in the club. This game is great, been looking for a bit, found one that is really pretty nice for a good price. Great rules here, and a great change of pace from my other sterns..
At expo, decided to get a xpin white dmd due to great prices, and throw my plasma in another game that needs it. Per a reccomendation, used the blue and yellow gels to get an amazing teal, really goes well with the game, the camera shot is lighter, but in person its more green/aqua.. very kewl..

IMAG3935.jpg 196 KB

Outstanding! Welcome to the club. Looks like you got a Pro. That display looks fantastic, I was thinking of getting a blue one but yours look better. What kind of show special price did ya get it for? The gels came with it didn't they? Are you planning to add any mods? As you can see I've added many mods to mine. Hope to hear more from you.

#180 9 years ago

Have you read all the posts to the topic? I have a lot of mods I made posted, they may help you.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

First to mod the amp suit,, leg was cracked so I had to remedy that first, some jb weld and all is better. I got a a Quartich in the mail, added him but wanted to add some light in the suit, so I drilled a small hole and added a 3 smd strip to the bottom grounded to green and blue for the aqua color, turned out pretty good...

IMAG3939.jpg 62 KB

IMAG3940.jpg 37 KB

IMAG3938.jpg 105 KB

IMAG3953.jpg 140 KB

Thanks for the post and pictures Zen, lookin good.

1 week later
#186 9 years ago

Great to have you join us. Yup 6 in. Just remember to mount the first figure standing straight up so the glass just misses his head by about 1/8 in. The rest will mount with no problem.

#187 9 years ago

Pinblades "might" be made for Avatar. Anyone besides me in for a set?

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Okay.....I scored 10 figures for $40 on ebay!!
Now I need to get a Banshee....is it the Mattel one as well?

10 Where ya gonna put them all? Don't know about the Banshee.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

I really only wanted 4 of them,but this way worked out a lot cheaper than buying them individually

I see.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I was finally able to rejoin the Avatar club. The kids and I wish to thank Brad for selling us the pin!

Nice to have you rejoin. A Pro or LE? Who can we "blame"...the kids or you?

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Thanks!!
Anybody have pics on how it is mounted?

Here you go sir.

IMGA0350.JPGIMGA0350.JPG IMGA0351.JPGIMGA0351.JPG IMGA0353.JPGIMGA0353.JPG IMGA0354.JPGIMGA0354.JPG IMGA0352.JPGIMGA0352.JPG
#201 9 years ago

I'm really PO'd right now....one of the inverters for one of the el paper instruction cards on my Avatar burned up after only about 20 hours of off and on use and the other one is developing a small melt bubble on it. Emailed Pinballcenter about it so let's see what they say. Poorly designed crap really pisses me off. 20 hours

IMGA0355.JPGIMGA0355.JPG
IMGA0357.JPGIMGA0357.JPG
IMGA0356.JPGIMGA0356.JPG

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Best price to find a Jake's Banshee toy or if anyone has a spare to sell?

Wish I could help. Ebay? Amazon?

#208 9 years ago

I didn't know if the Pro had the holes that's why I included those pictures so you could tell where to place it. Remember to do a small pilot hole then go bigger, less likelyhood of the bit walking on you.

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

I have number 34. Avatar is a great game. I have the poster next to it and we made the topper. Laser cut and powder coated. Just a fun fast game. Very under rated in my opinion.

image-155.jpg 239 KB

Welcome aboard. That's a low number, how long have you had it. Nice poster too.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Why was this game panned so bad when it came out? One ramp? I remember Iron Man did not have great reviews either at first.
My biggest complaint is sometimes I get confused what to shoot for on Avatar so I usually keep trying for the ramp.

One of the main reasons was that when the ball came out of the pops it went SDTM. Stern came out with the fix but the games reputation never recovered.

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

where can I get that spring?

WOW you don't have it? Your game must really be a bitch to play. Mine came with the game but it originally came as a fix from Stern. No idea where to get it now.

#219 9 years ago

Hope ya get it, it's a whole new game with it on.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Which side rails to cover up flipper wear?

You have the Pro right? Just get the black lollypops. I'd like to buy The Refinery's chrome ones but they are $200 + shipping then I could sell you my chrome stock ones.

#224 9 years ago

I didn't know about the plastic piece over the ramp, my game was used and had it on there. Did all the different models come with the metal ramp protectors?

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Mine does not have the spring, yet I don't experience any abnormal SDTM. Now if you put the spring can you still squeeze the ball back up to the bumpers, or is it a very tight shot?

It's basicly a one way spring, sticks out so it catches a ball as it comes out of the pops but folds back to allow a ball to go back into the pops. I do it all the time no problem. I've even had it feed the ball back into the pops which is pretty cool.

#234 9 years ago

But you have to watch out for the little devil. I was waxing my pf and got a little carried away and semi scured my hand on it. It only went in about 1/4 in. but it bled like a stuck pig for a while but hurt like a bitch for 4 or 5 days. Pisses me off and makes me laugh all at the same time when I think about it. Anyone else have that happen to them? Or am I the only "lucky" one.

#235 9 years ago

Got my big Leonopteryx swooping in on me now when I play. Looks pretty good. Now if I could figure out how to light it properly.

IMGA0384.JPGIMGA0384.JPG
IMGA0386.JPGIMGA0386.JPG
IMGA0387.JPGIMGA0387.JPG

1 week later
#239 9 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

okay....figures are here,now I need to attach them......what are people using to attach them down.Clear silicone?

Not sure how my stock ones are attached and am leaving for Florida so I won't be able to check till next week.

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

I was looking for a Leonopteryx when i go the pinball i was going to put it above the Topper.

Price went crazy on ebay and they were asking $100 us

should of taken the one that was $45 us ... at the time

unfortunately for AU the dollar has dropped

Yes the price really went up for us too. $75 on epay.

3 weeks later
#241 9 years ago

Just put mirror blades on my LE and man is it a tight fit.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just joined the club last night. It's a game that I've been looking for for quite some time. It doesn't seem like Stern made a whole lot of them. I rarely see them for sale near me. It's still shrink wrapped at home. Can't wait to get off work and go tear into it!
Does anybody make customer instruction cards for the came? I hate the stock Stern cards.

Hey you found it. Now there's 3 of us in the Metro area that have one. No custom cards that I've seen except for the el paper ones from that German company. Have fun with it tonight.

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

My Avatar Pro that I just picked up does no have any ramp protectors. I checked Cliffy's site and didn't see them. Anyone know where I can buy them?? I thought these came from the factory.

My LE has them on but I don't know if the came from the factory, they sure look factory though. Talk to Milessa at Cointaker she might be able to order them from Stern.

IMGA0556.JPGIMGA0556.JPG
#250 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can anyone do me a favor and take a picture of their "spring fix"? I took mine out and have no clue how to get it back in there. I'm a moron. Pictures would be nice too....
There are a couple of washers and then a hook at the bottom of the spring....where the hell do these go!?!

The hook goes on the bottom of the plastic post behind the post the spring goes on. Not sure about the washers.

IMGA0555.JPGIMGA0555.JPG
#252 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

YOU sir are THE SHIT!!!

.... .when I was little I was called a little shit all the time.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I've got some LED questions for you fellow Avatar owners. What type of LEDs are you using. I want to at least LED the GI in mine. I was thinking of using Cointaker Double LED white ----> http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=869&categoryId=136
Not really sure what to use in the inserts..... Should I leave those incandescent? I heard those don't take to LEDs that well.
I'd love to hear what you guys have used. Thanks!

You really should come check out mine and see the way it looks and works with leds. That would make your buying decision much easier. I'm not THAT far away.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

Joined the Avatar club today. Got a pro with low plays on it, still box fresh Does not come with the spring fix as guy played it very little. LEDs in it as soon as I got home with it. Have the Banshee, thanator and dire horse figures coming, bought as a set. Obviously the banshee will go over the ramp. Thanator will go over by Navi with Neytiri when I get her. I guess there is nowhere for the dire horse to go. Game is a lot of fun, beautiful with great call outs.

Nice to have you join us, you make the second new club member this week. I hope you find the mods I've done useful.

#258 9 years ago

I have 1.2, looks like I better start looking too.

#261 9 years ago

What is the best way to mount the figures on the plastics.

Holes are drilled in the clear plastic they stand on and into their feet. Little tiny screws with washers are screwed in from the underside. The Neytiri figure doesn't stand flat footed so the screw actually pops through the top of her foot and has to be painted to hide it. The other figures stand flat footed so the screws go up through their heels so you can't see those screws. No way would glue hold them. It will take some nerve to attach them in the proper way that's for sure. The same as when I did my pop cap mod. A real nail biter.

#262 9 years ago

I just sent Pingraffix an email asking if they could make a 3D speaker panel for our game. If they hear from others it might influence them to make them so send them an email requesting it. I think a 3D effect one to match the 3D effect of the tl would be a killer on our game and who knows it may start a whole new trend in speaker panels stickers.

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

I bought the 4 inch ones.I have not installed them yet,but did try them in their spots.
6 inch you would be cutting off limbs,as 4 inch is very close to the glass.

Yup 4in.

#270 9 years ago

If the Avatar club keeps growing , we will be personally responsible for driving up the Avatar figure prices There will be that one guy out there who hourded them and is sitting there saying " yes I knew it, it's finally paying off "

It would be nice if we keep growing but I imagine there aren't that many Avatar owners on Pinside. Maybe if we bug Joe at Pingraffix enough he might make us a speaker panel sticker. I've already sent him a message asking for one so how about all you guys doing the same. He has to see the interest before he'll commit to it. A 3D one like the 3D bg tl would be waaaaay cool.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I LED'd my Avatar last night. I used all Cointakers. Cool white frosted in the GI. Clear 2 LED under the slings and on the backboard. Cool white frosted premiums in the inserts. This thing looks awesome now! I used a frosted blue above the left outlane because the white was just too intense right there. I'll have to put it next to my Ironman now. I have Avatar next to Metallica now and the contrast from LED to incandescent just looks strange. I'll put the LED pins together on one side and the incandescent pins on the other side of the room.

Good to hear. The strobing inserts bothering you? Is it about the same as mine?

#274 9 years ago

GREAT NEWS GUYS....I heard from Joe at PinGraffix and he's working on Avatar PinBlades, he said he should have them done in a few weeks. Not sure what a "few" means. I know I'll be buying a set.

He also loves my idea of a 3d speaker panel sticker but they aren't set up to do that right now but he'll look into it.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

So what tips do people have for strategy. I like to stack the two multiballs (obvious) and look to have navi going before I start a multiball. Is there a super skill shot that I haven't stumbled upon in our 5500 games? Is there a way to stack navi multiball with amp and link? Anything else? Thnx!

Sorry, no clue here. I'm waaaay to new at it.

2 weeks later
#282 9 years ago

I got an email from Chas at Stern. Here are the parts needed for the spring fix. 1 Spring 267-5007-00 2 washers 242-5003-00 1 wire form 535-0347-00. I can see from pictures on here where the spring goes with a washer below it. Can anyone let me know where other washer goes. Also the wire form and what does it look like.
Have to host my local pinball league in three weeks time and want them to play Avatar playing great and leave them with positive thoughts on the game. Not that it's a SDTM ok game.
Thanks

No idea about the wireform or what it looks like. Other washer probably goes under the clear post between the post and the spring hook, to keep it up off the pf.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Is the LE game play better than the Pro? Or just a little better or even? Looking at maybe trading for a pro or purchasing an LE. Thanks!

No idea what the Pro plays like but I looooove the bling of the LE. That's the way to show off the game in all it's glory.

#286 9 years ago

Oh there is one thing, Jake's pod opens and closes.

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I owned LE, now own pro:
Major differences:
-navi figures, banshee figure (I've added these myself again on the pro as they are from the mattel toyline)
-ramp protectors
-ramp entry switch (with added banshee noise)
-pod opens and closes
-amp suit feet can walk (move up down with 2 coils) -> i think this is a bad thing as the robot isn't designed for this motion. Actually it caused my robot his leg to break because of this.
-navi ball --> for me it's a bad thing as it has no real meaning in the game and unbalances the (high) scores. It's not fair to get a random double scoring award without doing anything specific. Of course you could put in in the coinbox and replace it with a regular steel ball
-chrome trim, bling
-apron flashers (when navi ball is active)

I thought I read the rules are a a little different with the LE and don't forget the big flying thing (I cant spell the name) over the pf in back. The white ball is lighter then the others and can be a real problem to handle because it's so lite.

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Thanks Paul - just curious... I know it will do nothing from a points perspective - but has any Pro owners ever added a white ball just to try it?

That would be an expensive experiment, the ball at Marco is $17. But that is one of the reasons the LE programing is different so the game knows what to do when the white ball is being played.

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

I hear ya... just curious if throwing one in there adds any excitement to the game on a pro. At least there would be no unfair advantage from a point scoring perspective like on the LE. Just a thought...

It's alot lighter so it catches ya off guard and throws ya off because it doesn't react the way the steel balls do. In multi ball it really gets nuts.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

That's what I thought... does the Navi ball react to the magnets? Never seen one before so I'm not sure if it is even a metal ball? Curious even for the LE...

I can't remember.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm very interested in trying to get one of these games... I'm just wondering whether it's worth trying to find an LE, or if a pro is so near to the LE on playability that it's not worth the pain of trying to track down an LE?
What are the playing differences between the pro and the LE?
I love the 3D translite... is that on both the pro and the LE?
Does the ceramic ball play a big role in the LE?
I'd love an LE if I can find one, but there were so few made that I feel it's gonns be a real struggle to find one!
Thanks!

We've covered just about everything for you in past posts. I love my LE and just ordered a chrome apron from Hooked. Now if I could just get a deal on a chrome coin door.

#310 9 years ago

There's gotta be a chrome shop near you. Lots of powder coat places do it and you probably save by using a door you already have. You can probably save even more if you strip it down to bare metal for them. Just give Google a shout.

There are chrome shops but (a) they won't do show quality chrome or (b) they will but will charge you "stupid" money and with chroming ya get what ya pay for.

Around my neck of the woods powder shops only do powder and chrome shops only do chrome or some other plating.

#311 9 years ago

Thanks for the clarification... sounds like I'll not bust a gut trying to find the LE then... reading more recent posts (just above where I made my initial query!) it seems that the Navi ball, as some have said, just un-balences the score... so there's no additional modes on the LE? I read somewhere that there were (but can't find where I read this). It's just a case of when the Navi ball comes into play, it has some score doubling potential? No change in strategy when that ball is in play?

Also, did you click on the LE avater on the top of the page? It says the LE playfield also has an extra Hard Coat layer on it and comes with a shaker which I also didn't know. Go read it.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im in ive had my hulk le since new years eve 2013/2014. I want to thank everybody for the tweeks i was having fun playing but when i did all the tweeks !!! I was in awwww I recommend to anybody that has this pin the tweeks are a must completely different game probably one of the most underrated pins in my opinion with that said i will never sell mine

Wrong club.

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im looking for a topper if anybody could send me in the right direction i would appreciate it also throwing up a couple pics would be cool too thank you in advance

No toppers out there, have to make your own.

#318 9 years ago

The chrome was a big plus for me also, will look even better with a chrome apron. Cool, another potential member. Come on back and tell us when ya get it.

#321 9 years ago

So does anyone know what the "New game rules and software is added to operate the new playfield devices and features." relating to the LE version means?
Does it just mean the double scoring of the Navi ball, and the associated 'new rules' and software to make that happen, plus the software needed to open and close the pod and animate the amp suit feet, or is there something else that these 'new game rules' means?
Thanks for any input.

Wish I knew.

1 week later
#330 9 years ago

WOW, really glad to see all you new owners and yes dgoett the spring applies to the LE also, no more SDTM drains.

#333 9 years ago

I have not had a problem with the left side out lane Really need the spring in though. Does the bounce around the bumper then drains down the middle far too often

Yup, spring is a MUST.

#334 9 years ago

Just installed the rgb speaker lights. Pretty cool looking. 3 more games to go.

IMGA0657.JPGIMGA0657.JPG IMGA0658.JPGIMGA0658.JPG IMGA0659.JPGIMGA0659.JPG IMGA0655.JPGIMGA0655.JPG IMGA0656.JPGIMGA0656.JPG
#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Post some pic's PL's
Chrome bling this bad boy pin all the way..
I also think chrome armor would also look cool imop

I'd like to get the chrome lollypop side rails and coin door. The apron will have to do for now (when I get it that is).

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

If I had an Avatar I would buy this topper.
http://tilttopper.m.webs.com/site/mobile#3111

image.jpg 18 KB

Danny only lives about 25 miles from me so I could save on shipping, they are beautiful but they are pretty spendy.

#340 9 years ago

Still need a picture of the spring fix if some can take one. Just need to see how it hooks on

The loop part just goes under the plastic post and the spring goes over the post in front of it. Check post 250 page 5.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Had some personal issues come up and need to part with my beautiful Avatar if anyone is looking shoot me a pm game is in Atlanta
Huo with shaker mirror blades LEDs
Less then 200 plays

image.jpg 227 KB

image-61.jpg 244 KB

Ah bummer man. Hope it works out for you.

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Need to install some cool acrylic speaker panels into that badboy Paul. We may have to explore having some made.

You mean speaker cutout acrylics? They are out there but their $20 + shipping. You got a line on someone to make them? Just for you and me.

#346 9 years ago

HOT TIP!! You guys have to get the OCD board for the game. Installed mine in about 15 min and it works PERFECT without any tweaking "but" I have Comet non strobing leds in it and I don't know if they make any difference. The leds fade just perfect and I never knew it before but the top inlanes leds actually sweep from left to right. The light show is REALLY impressive now. It's a MUST BUY.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from Streetras:

Pinball News (UK) did a complete review of the Pro machine and made a number of comments to primarily improve the appearance of the game. Apparently, the LE incorporated most of the reviewer's recommendations and based on that info, I purchased an LE NIB from a Canadian dealer. I find it to be a very enjoyable game but some family members prefer my LOTR to my LE.

Welcome to the club. I'm with you and my LE isn't going anywhere.

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

LE.
Wow, best chrome package Stern have ever done. Way better than the 'chrome' on TRON LE.
Photos in a few days as putting a color dmd in and want it turquoise with HD scaling.

Hey that's great, welcome to the club. If you want to chrome it out more Hooked is selling chrome aprons, mine is on order.

#352 9 years ago

Awesome glad that rocks! I tried non-ghosting LEDs in mine and the flicker was just insane. Way more than any other game I've added LEDs to. I've had an LEDOCD on my wish list for a while. Looks like it just moved up a few pegs.

I suggest leaving the no ghost bulbs in it and then putting the board in. Mine worked right out of the box but when I put another board in my NASCAR with the less expensive regular bulbs (like people suggested) right out of the box the board made no difference, strobbed and ghosted like I hadn't put the board in, so this one will have to be adjusted. Let us know how it goes.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Well ill be joining this club tomorrow. Picking up a HUO Avatar Pro tomorrow.
Unfortunately only way for it to stay something else is gonna have to go.
Most likely Taxi will be hitting the chopping block as well as the CPR playfield I have yet to install.

Dang a Taxi with a new pf, that's gotta hurt but welcome.

#355 9 years ago

I just got a 90cm blue chasing led strip that I'll be putting on the right ramp. Keeping my fingers crossed it looks good.

#357 9 years ago

It'll be a while until I get to it. I picked up a sweet ToM this week and I have a Flipper Fidelity system along with a color DMD that I need to add to it.

Your having to much fun modding.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

you can buy one at mezel mods for the Star Trek ramp, easy to install, 12v power and ground, they prob have install instruction there too..

Yes you can but it's only 12in. long and only 12 leds, one led per inch. The strip I got is 24in. long with 48 leds, one led every 1/2in. It's not as bright as the 12in one but because the leds are only 1/2in apart it's a much smoother chase effect. Mine only cost $7 with free shipping from China.

#363 9 years ago

I don't have a history of keeping games but want to try and keep AV LE until 2017-2019 as suspect with 3 movies coming out, this game will have it's day and get the credit it is due.
People say it is in Stern cost cutting years but my AV LE pf is better than my ST LE that I had.
Look at the voice package on WD.
AV has custom call outs by the Colonel!
And the backglass is far superior to many other games out there - love the 3D effect.

True all that but I just wish mods were easier to get for the game. The only reason that the DMM tv mod came out was because I requested 2 for the game and he even started the video at seperate times so the screens wouldn't show the same vid at the same time. I tried to get Pingrafix to make pinblades and a speaker panel but they couldn't get the ok to use the artwork. Without the original art IMO the blades and speaker panel just wouldn't look right. There just aren't enough of our games out there so modders overlook it. It's up to us to do our own mods I guess.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

When you get this project completed, please help out a guy too stupid to know how to connect these up! Pictures maybe? I especially need to see WHERE you hook the wires to give it 'juice'. I am afraid of blowing something more than just a fuse.
Thanks!
Mike

It's really easy Mike, just buy a splitter like this one from MezelMods or somewhere else and splice (I used the 3M kind) and for 12v splice in to the black and gray wires. On my strips the wires are red and black but you have to splice into the black and gray of the game wires, black to black and red to gray. Real easy. Under the shooter rod is where you'll see the female 3 pin Molex plug just hanging there. The splitter has one male end that plugs into that and 2 female plugs on the other 2 ends. You want to splice into one of the female lines. In the pictures you'll see that I used 22 gauge speaker wire but I still observed polarity. + to + and - to -.

IMGA0733.JPGIMGA0733.JPG
IMGA0734.JPGIMGA0734.JPG

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

MustangPaul
post some pics with the new mods soon ...

I sure will, you guys know me with my mod DIY info.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

Could you show us where you ordered your LED strip from?

Got them from summermotors86 on ebay. This is strange though, their ad said $10.99 (I was off in my price when I posted it sorry) with free shipping for one strip so I ordered 2. When they came each package in the shipment had 2 strips in it so now I had 4. Wow what a deal, each strip really only cost me $5.49. I've bought from them before so maybe they were just giving me a deal I don't know but it sure was a surprise. You can't order now because they are closed till the 23rd for a Chinese Spring Festival but check out their ebay listing, they have a short vid of the strip in action.

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

What a great job you did explaining and taking pictures of this LED addition to your pin! Can't thank you enough! You outlined it PERFECTLY, and now I am convinced I can do it without tearing up anything.
Thank you SO much!!!!!!!!!
Mike in Kentucky

Hey Mike, I could tell you were skiddish about doing something like this so I over explained it a bit so you would feel comfortable with doing this. That's why we're here on the forum to help each other out not to argue about what's the best game. We like our Avatar's.

#377 9 years ago

Added some more mods!
Color DMD - looks great. Got it upscaling and a turquoise color.
Also got this Kimballs mod. Love the way the Avatar letters constantly change color.
Quite a big mod!

IMG_8458.JPG 103 KB

VERY nice.

#379 9 years ago

Hey Mike before you buy one wait till I finish my mod because the only way I've found to stick it to the ramp is to super glue it on, that makes it permanent, so it's not for the faint of heart. No super sticky tape or hot melt will stick to the silicone that the strip is made of. I've already kind of f'd up my ramp. Wait till I post my mod before you do anything. That goes for the others thinking of doing this light mod.

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

Thanks for the help and the advice. I will wait and see how it turns out, but it sounds like it will be great. It would be really cool if it could tie into the gameplay as well. Is it possible to tie it into the Banshee insert?

If the insert is 12v I don't see why not but if it flashes that might cause a problem with the chasing strip lighting up. I wonder how others are attaching strips like this, some kind of clip.

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

This may be a good application for the pig 2. It's expensive but it sure would be cool if it worked.
http://dkpinball.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pig_2

Yup that would work nice, with the constant power it supplies from a flashing insert it would supply the constant power the chasing needs to work.

#384 9 years ago

HELP!!! I think I have a problem....I may have to join Modders Anonymous. While I'm waiting for the paint to dry (I'll explain another time) on my chasing strip I looked at the game to see how and where I could put another (non chasing) strip on the game. I put it on the outside curve starting at the entrance of the ramp and just using tension and the 2 hex ramp stands to hold it into place. You can see from the pictures how I used the post at the beginning of the run to "clamp" the power wire, run it over the spinner brace, under a plastic and through a hole in the pf used for flasher wires. That gave me the beginning tension that holds the whole strip in place. I did have to "shim" the hex stands to help keep it in place and when I got to the end of the strip, which had 2 wires coming out of it on the right side of the ramp I again pulled it snug and tied the 2 wires to a near by hex stand. It actually may be to bright but no glue this time so it's easily reversible. The game isn't as blue as the pictures suggest.

The top black strip is the chasing one and the bottom one is the one I just put on.

IMGA0740.JPGIMGA0740.JPG
IMGA0744.JPGIMGA0744.JPG
IMGA0745.JPGIMGA0745.JPG
IMGA0746.JPGIMGA0746.JPG
IMGA0747.JPGIMGA0747.JPG
IMGA0749.JPGIMGA0749.JPG
IMGA0741.JPGIMGA0741.JPG
IMGA0748.JPGIMGA0748.JPG

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

My game kicks my butt with SDTM quite a bit even with the spring.

It should send the ball to the left, way away from SDTM. Is the game level?

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Any must have mods. I know I need to change over the flashers and address LED ghosting in the inserts. I want to add an external sub too.

Not many ready made ones to buy. Maybe a custom shooter knob from Pinsider Modfather (tell him MustanPaul sent you), led strip to light the drain hole and DMD glare guard from Comet, DMM tv for the playfield from Pinsider Sparky (tell him MustangPaul sent you), adding some double spot lights from Pinballbulbs, DIY lit flipper buttons. The Refinerys chrome shooter housing looks sweet on my game. Have you seen the DIY mods in past posts in the club?

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Cheers Burtcam, used to play Avatar a fair bit when it came out, and never thought to much about it, because I would definatly get my assed kicked every game, but finally found one again on location and found it pretty interesting , I guess cause my general skill has improved. im thinking about making an offer on a routed pro I found, its filthy an needs a full tear down , but once all that's done it will play like new, what do you think a fair price would be to offer in aussey dollars??

Hope you can get it.

#414 9 years ago

Avatar pro with cointaker double leds cold white (= todays stern defaults) is looking great! Think of Walking Dead bright Had noflux frosted before (pinballcenter.eu) and I found it being too dark.
Two exceptions:
1 frosted one below the navi targets, as this one shines directly at you.
Placed 2 different ones in the spots above the slingshots as they were too bright.

Nice. I like the clear dome double also, it makes the game look more modern and up to date.

1 week later
#416 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstronomy:

I'm sure I just played my mates LE 35 here in Australia...he's selling for someone. Great game!
I'll have my pro soon...decks it right out!

You'll have fun with yours. I hope some of the mods I've done interest you but some are permanent.

#418 9 years ago

and when you led your game Pinstronomy the led OCD board is a MUST.

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I have a HUGE pile of upgrades here for my Avatar. Probably going to take me all weekend at my pace as it includes the full playfield protector from bay area amusements. Ill post pics.

Oh wow, I'd love to come and help but your just a tad to far. Keep us posted especially about the protector.

#422 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I will be picking up an Avatar pro this Sunday. The LE has been on my wish list for a long time but I've never found one locally, so I've decided to pick up this pro locally.

That's great Rob, you'll have fun even if it isn't an LE.

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, would have preferred an LE, but I've played Avatar pro enough to know exactly what I'm getting. Been on my wish list too long. Will be nice to finally scratch this one off the list.

Excellent.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Wish me luck. I will post back

No luck needed....you have a clear plan....BLING THE SHIT OUT OF IT. I have the rails, an older (but like yours) audio upgrade, the ocd board (which your gonna love), leds and the shaker. Is that a blue X Pin? But I don't see the lit flipper buttons, clear with blue leds look great. Bling it baby.

#429 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

LED rings for outpost

That's all a heap to put on in one weekend. You may need the DK Pinball power distribution block too.

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstronomy:

Sure do Mustang, I can't wait....its a top game. And when finished I may not want to let it go!
If there's a hell...we may want to go there for some R&R ha ha!

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

And that is one reason I have both in my collection. You can have a great game one minute and then get punished the next. Both are fast and furious games. Definitely gets the blood pumping.

and Avatar is such a pretty game too. I have ST Pro, Mustang Pro, Avatar LE and NASCAR all next to each other and they really make a bright and colorful line up.

#443 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

On that OCD board. I see an improvement without even messing with software or is it my imagination. Do you have to install software or can it be used just out of the box as is? Should of asked this before I suppose.

Mine worked perfect right out of the box. Did you notice that the back inlane lights do a sweep to the right? I never saw that before I put the board on, WOW! You can mess with the settings if you want, I'm not gonna. Perfect enough for me.

#452 9 years ago

All of what you did looks fantastic. I'll be interested to see how that pf protector holds up, affects game play and how flat it stays.

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That thing screams for a mod where the interior is lit and maybe adding a figure in there.

A club member did it and put up pictures. I think it's on a previous post so scan all the past pages for the pictures.

#465 9 years ago

Looks great. What is that volume level knob in the bb? Suggestion, put a 7 led strip in the center drain to light up that area or go with a big one. Mine is rgb with 98 dif. patterns.

IMGA0122.JPGIMGA0122.JPG IMGA0124.JPGIMGA0124.JPG IMGA0126.JPGIMGA0126.JPG IMGA0127.JPGIMGA0127.JPG IMGA0128.JPGIMGA0128.JPG
#466 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great and I really like the display. What is that volume level knob in the bb? Suggestion, put a 7 led strip in the center drain to light up that area or go with a big one. Mine is rgb with 98 dif. patterns.

IMGA0122.JPGIMGA0122.JPG IMGA0124.JPGIMGA0124.JPG IMGA0126.JPGIMGA0126.JPG IMGA0127.JPGIMGA0127.JPG IMGA0128.JPGIMGA0128.JPG
#468 9 years ago

So that knob just controls the volume of the bb speakers? Got it on ebay, something like $36 shipped from China. I'll have to find who I got it from. While you wait search for Night Rider chasing led strip on ebay and see if you can find it. You do not see any glare in your eyes from the players position, I love it. I have one on T3 also.

#470 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Where do I get that STRIP???

Found it for you on ebay, the sellers name is "myauto" and it's at a better price then I payed. It's rigid so you will have to heat up the center slowly and form it to the apron shape. Looks like your a handy guy so it shouldn't be a problem for you. 22in long, 7 colors and 130 patterns.

#473 9 years ago

I started the club so we could help each other with this unloved game and I think it brought new life to it. My pleasure coaster......even though now my game won't unique in this respect anymore.

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Sure it will. Ill add two so it's different.

You wise guy. and you even beat me on price too by about $4. let us know what you think of it when you get it.

#478 9 years ago

Regular bulbs on this machine doesn't seem to look right

Yeah this game was meant to be lit bright, the art really pops then. Hope ya have the OCD in it.

#482 9 years ago

Always hated the Stern pop bumper leds that stick out. Yuk.
Anyway here is my solution - just used regular 555 incandescent bulb and then pushed down so flush with rubber surround.
Granted, not bright but looks so much better to me anyway.

IMG_8492.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

You could always add the mini domes like I did.

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

Wow! It must be the way they photograph but they look purple almost. Looks good though.

They are 3 different colors, very easy to do, I even showed you how to do it.

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Got to Final Battle tonight!

IMG_0582.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Dang nice going. I've never gotten that far yet.

#492 9 years ago

Those light up posts from Pinballcenter are really nice but spendy, I have 2 on Space shuttle and I really like them. They fit completly under the star post so they don't add any height and you don't even see them there except for the wires. I wish Art would come out with them.

2 weeks later
#494 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I've just joined the club :>. Anyone have any good custom instruction cards?

Hey Kevlar, great to have you join. Which model did you get? Club members have come up with some cool mod's if you like mods. My cards came from Pinball Center in Germany but they don't have instructions on them but they sure do look nice. I hope you got a good example of the game because parts are very hard if not impossible to find. Enjoy.

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks Paul, its just a pro but seems to be in good condition. Which parts are hard to come by?

Nothing wrong with the Pro. Ramps, plastics and toys but you can still find all the stickers.

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Luckily all of those are ok on mine atm.

Good to hear. Put up a few pictures of your gameroom.

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I've just added some to my profile.

Super collection, we have 3 games in common.

#503 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks, so we do. Is that a basement gamesroom?
Back to Avatar, this game is kicking my ass, is it generally thought of as being quite tough?

Yes a basement black light arcade just like the good old days. Yes it is tough and keeps me coming back for more.

#508 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

When I say its tough I wasn't referring to the rules, more actually keeping the ball in play, loads of SDTM, outlanes seem to have a vacuum. Clearly I need to improve. Its way harder than my spiderman.

Do you have the factory fix spring thing for the SDTM fix? I have it and it helps 100% as the ball comes out of the pops.

#510 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yes I have the spring, can it be adjusted to push the ball further left? Actually I've noticed that the ball often hits that, moves left but then hits the standup target which pushes it back to the right.

WOW mine doesn't push it that far to the left.

#512 9 years ago

Check the game angle also, should be 6.2-6.5 degrees.

#514 9 years ago

Crap....7.5, that's way to much for Avatar. Drop it at least a degree. It may seem slow to you but it was never designed to play at 7.5 fast.

#516 9 years ago

No, all are set to between 6.2-6.5. If you have a digital level it makes it sooooo easy.

#525 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even though I no longer have my Avatar LE, I'm glad its found its fans! When it came out, much like Iron Man, the game was shredded relentlessly...and if you admitted you had one or liked it, you were practically bullied!

Ya know the same thing happened to Mustang but it's not taking Mustang years to gain respect. It's all about the code though with Mustang. I'm sure that Avatar would gain more respect if they made the code and sounds better...but that will never happen.

#538 9 years ago

I've never checked but is there a way to turn up just the music?

#540 9 years ago

Yeah with all the development that went into the game I wonder why no one noticed the flaw or if they did see it why didn't they fix it before the game went into production. Very strange. You just have to be careful not to stab your hand with it when ya wax the game.

#549 9 years ago

Wow guys, Avatar is getting a lot of talk lately. Keep it up.

#551 9 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Made some spacers for my speakers, and added some teal leds to them to match the display, photo isnt good but its dead on..
IMAG4320.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Ohhh that looks nice.

2 weeks later
#553 8 years ago

Well, I got totally fed up with the spring fix and how it slows the balls coming out of the pops and sometimes even catches it there.
Took it out and wow, my game plays so much better without it. Scores are higher, hardly any SDTM shots, it's faster, and can flip a ball through the gap up to the rollovers!
The spring will not be going back on game.
Love this game at the moment.

Of course it slows it as the ball comes out of the pops but mine has never caught the ball and I can shoot it into the pops past the spring every time, yours is not normal. But if it plays good for you that's ok too. Enjoy.

#555 8 years ago

Post a picture of your spring if you get a chance as curious as mine was so bad I had to remove it!

Here's mine, notice there is a clear plastic washer under the spring and a steel one under the other post both washers keep it off the pf. I didn't put mine on, the game came from the last owner like this.

IMGA0886.JPGIMGA0886.JPG
IMGA0887.JPGIMGA0887.JPG

1 week later
#561 8 years ago

This is turning out to be a real mystery.

#564 8 years ago

I wonder why the code guys were so stingy with the extra balls.

1 week later
#566 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Finally got extra ball lit today on Avatar, but couldn't make the banshee ramp before I drained, first time I ever saw that. wonder how long it will be till I see the next extra ball ?

Oh man really. This game can be brutal at times.

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I miss my Avatar LE (#27). If anyone has one in the Midwest, please contact me as I am very interested in rejoining the club. I am only interested in an LE, even though the pro is a great pin as well.
Thanks,
Zamp

Good luck with your search, I found mine in the What's for sale in the Chicago area thread. I know mine isn't going anywhere.

#575 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I am in the club now! I've been swapping games in and out quite a bit over the last few months, but finally upgraded back to a modern Stern machine I've been wanting for a long time. This should be a keeper.
avatar.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Welcome akm, always nice to have a new member. Mods on it or stock?

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I sifted through this entire thread and wanted to talk a little bit about the rules and strategies. Maybe this will help some of you get to the Final Battle easier (or for the first time!).
It seems there's a misconception that you have to do everything on one ball. This is actually false. You can lock in your inserts by completing the modes, but the big thing is that your progress for each mode is saved if you drain or if the mode ends. Yes, you have to get back to the mode to light the insert again, but if you made half your shots on, say, Bomber Battle, you will only have to make the other half when you access the mode a second time. I find that by ball two or three I am typically pounding out modes left and right (flashing, full completion) because the progress on each mode is saved from ball to ball.
It doesn't hurt to focus on single mode completions in single ball play. Banshee only requires four or five shots once it's activated, so if you are good at looping the ramp that's an easy one to lock in. If I get Seeds going and don't have anything else prepped, I just focus on the spinners/orbits. Hitting the left orbit loops the ball all the way around so you hit both spinners. Hitting the right orbit feeds the ball to the pops which is equally good (my pops get a TON of action on my game, the ball sits up there forever). If you are having trouble with time, Eywa will probably be lit since it lights based on switch hits (maybe 100 from what I tested?) and just hit that to add time.
The multiball modes are challenging to lock in so it really helps to know exactly what you need to hit when you are in them. For Amp Suit, all shots are lit and have to be knocked out. After you make those, both target banks and the Amp Suit wall have to be hit once. The wall then lowers and two shots on the Amp Suit target locks in your insert. For Link, 15 shots need to be made on any lit shot (most shots are lit including the Unobtanium target; side targets alternate as jackpots like in Bomber Battle). After that, you have to lock a ball and then smack it with another ball to collect the Super and lock in that insert. Locking a ball during Link will add-a-ball, kind of like the Snake in Metallica, so keep that in mind too. Save Eywa for an add-a-ball as well in each of these multiballs. So yeah, when you get into these multiballs, if you are going for the Final Battle, you really want to know what shots have to be made and just go for those to lock in your inserts.
Bomber Battle is harder to complete, but only because it requires 12 or 15 shots or so (I forget the amount). I like to start this and stack it into a multiball. For good points, I prefer to stack multiple modes with multiball--Seeds or Navi scoring, with Bomber Battle. I usually get Banshee going too because the mode sticks around for a while and maxes out at one million points a shot, pretty lucrative especially when you get your doubler on the ramp.
It helps to know what modes lock out others from being able to be started. Starting Bomber Battle prevents you from starting Seeds or Navi. Starting Seeds or Navi locks out the other mode (start Navi, you can't start Seeds, and vice-versa). There's actually a workaround for that--If you complete the Navi bank and get it flashing, it will let you start Navi Scoring after you start Seeds. You just can't work towards getting the bank ready after you have started Seeds or Bomber Battle. Banshee seems to be the only mode you can pretty much start at any time, and I need to double check if it locks you out of anything. As a result I always start it last. One thing I do is get these modes going, then add time via Eywa, then start multiball. Hopefully Eywa will be relit sometime during the multiball since so many balls are flinging around and hitting switches.
Navi multiball is the last insert I try to light when going for Final Battle. The reason is that it takes more work to get to it and you have to play disciplined to get its Super Jackpot. If all of my other lights are lit and that's the last insert to get, all I really care about is starting the multiball, because when I come out of it the Final Battle will be lit and that can be worth a lot more points (like, 100+ million). Getting the Super is similar to Amp Suit though--all shots are lit and have to be hit once, then four shots (I believe) have to be made on the Navi bank for the Super. If you get two balls cradled on the left flipper you can flick one into the target bank which makes life easier.
Hope that helps some of you! I used to think getting to the Final Battle was some ridiculous achievement that no one would ever do, but owning the game now and really being able to analyze it, it's actually not that hard to get to. It still feels great when you do it though because you do have to plan accordingly if you want to get to it somewhat consistently.

Dang....you really know your stuff. It's just what the club needed. Thanks.

#597 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

All right, I slapped red rubbers on the game and now I'm not having any problems. Those blue rubbers bounce a good bit more and that equals hell for this game! I'm going to have to invest in some Titan competition rings to keep the blue color, but retain the red bounce.
A couple of clarifications on rules, since I've been playing the game a lot more these last few days:
- 2X multiplier and the roving 3X multiplier DOES work in Final Battle. You won't see the 2X, but the 3X will constantly be bouncing back and forth even when you haven't lit the playfield yet (done by hitting switches in FB). The value of the Unobtanium jackpot will definitely multiply (I had it up to 15 million--hit the target when the 3X multiplier was on it and was awarded 45 million).
- Starting Banshee with other modes makes the inserts act weird. If you start Navi, then Banshee, most of the Navi shot lights will go out. The mode is still running so you have to make a mental note of what shots you have hit and what you need to complete Navi while Banshee is running. Completing Navi is a lot more important than Banshee because it's riskier to get started again.
- Eywa doesn't seem to add-a-ball in multiball consistently. I'm not sure how it works exactly. It definitely will add-a-ball in multiball, but it's not consistent like the mystery add-a-ball is in other Stern games (i.e., in those games it's guaranteed once per multiball).
- Stacking Bomber Battle into multiball is where it's at! Talk about snowballing your points quickly, especially if you bring the other multiball in halfway through.

That's great info thanks. I hope you know your gonna be the rules guy from now on.

1 week later
#608 8 years ago

Today I upgraded my pro to an LE.
Nr 062/250! Funny thing is I once had an LE (nr 061/250) sold it but missed it so much I bought back the pro.
Today I had the oppurtinity to buy a minty LE half an hour from where I live. I pulled the trigger and now I'm having the LE and pro in the gameroom (pro will be for sale of course).
2 extra differences i've noticed:
-rails toward amp suit center target are guides on the LE, where on the pro (first run) these were wire guides.
-extra logo on the translite on the le

Quoted from Zampinator:

Back in the club also! I bought NIB LE #27 2 years ago, sold it & missed it. Picked up a mint HUO Avatar LE yesterday. Really a great pin that way underrated!

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Wow this is crazy, 2 new (again) LE owners. Great to hear you guys.

#609 8 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

mine loosened up on the extra balls after a few thousand plays. maybe 4000 but don't hold me to that. we have about 5300 HUO plays on mine.

Interesting. Thanks.

#612 8 years ago

Just to share for others interested in doing the LE figures mod:
Here's my (for sale as i bought the LE) Avatar pro with jake, neytiri, tsu tey and the banshee as on the LE:
https://plus.google.com/photos/111203100741846968973/albums/6155029289655079713?authkey=CJS1-urN_B-gE

That looks great. Think it might be hard to sell in your corner of the world?

2 weeks later
#616 8 years ago

They come stock on the LE, don't know about for the Pro.

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Do people normally fit a post to stop this happening? Happened to me twice today.
20150623_222505.jpg

Wow, never seen that happen before. Maybe you could put a toy there to keep it from happening again.

1 week later
#627 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Not sure if anyone else feels this way, but I kind of like the simplicity of this game's playfield layout. If anything, it makes the game super easy to shop. A basic cleaning can be done in about a minute, and if you really want to spent more time, it only takes a few moments to take the ramp off. Can't really say that about too many games in the last 25+ years now, can you?

Is that a hint that we should all clean our games.

1 month later
#629 8 years ago

Sorry to see ya go jkm but I understand your reasoning, in a small collection you do have to rotate games no matter how much you wish they could stay. Some very good thoughts about making the rules better, you would have thought Stern would have gone all out with them for a movie that cost a billion dollars to produce. Have a great time with your TSPP, it's a very fun game.

#634 8 years ago

I just installed my leg light-up mod and it looks waaaaay cool. A super nice blue glow. 2 games done 7 more to go. Here ya go.

IMGA0120.jpgIMGA0120.jpg
IMGA0119.jpgIMGA0119.jpg
IMGA0117.jpgIMGA0117.jpg
IMGA0118.jpgIMGA0118.jpg

#636 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Dude, that's sweet! I have never seen that mod before. Very nice.

Thanks, check out my topic "DIY leg light-up" to see how I made them.

1 month later
#638 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

They took the Avatar out of the bar I used to play it at an i really miss it, there's not to many games I miss when games get rotated on location but have to say this is one of them , unfortunately not in the market at the moment but thought I would jump back in this thread to get my Avatar fix. Cheers to an awsome game, must be patient an hopefully one day have my own!!!

Sorry to hear that, hope when your in the market for one you can find one down there. Not much going on in the club, no new owners and peoples games must be playing good cuz no repair questions. I did put Pinside member beatmaster shooter rod housing light up on and it looks great along with my leg light-ups.

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Where can I find a Avatar topper?

I think Laseriffic made one. Try ebay.

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

That's sad to hear, I think Avatar has one of the best sound tracks to any pinball ever made, the day I finally have own one im going upgrade the speaker system no questions asked..

I have upgraded speakers and they really don't help very much. Now if you were to ad a more powerful amp, that would help. Can't wait for the new movies.

#645 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

so a sub woofer does not do much?

Yes. A powered external sub is the way to go.

2 months later
#648 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

What sub does everyone use?

Everybody pretty much uses the Polk 8". They're on sale every now and then at Amazon for under $80. I have 6.

#649 8 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

For those Avatar fans, I replaced one of the pinballs with a Navi ball which I believe the Avatar LE has. I used to have a Twilight Zone, and understand how different a ceramic ball behaves. If you want an additional and inexpensive mod, add a Navi ball to your Avatar Pro, it will make a world of difference and lots of fun. You can get them from Pinball Life, or Marco.

Interesting. Yeah the thing REALLY fly's around and can be frustrating at times.

#651 8 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Played an Avatar in the wild today. Rocked it for 213 million and 75 million in final battle. So fun! Didn't know what was going on while in multiball frenzy. Always thought this game was under rated. Now I am sure.
Would like to play an LE!

Well you could stop over to my house and play mine.

#656 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

New to the club. Picked up a Pro in a multipin deal with IM and BDK. Just testing the waters and getting my butt kicked by this pin. So far this is a pretty fun pin.

Welcome, hope ya keep it for a while.

#659 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Looking for an Avatar LE?

That's gonna be hard to find. You put up a Wanted ad in the Market? But LE is the way to go.

#666 8 years ago

The pro is almost the same. Gameplay rules, sound, etc... is almost exactly the same
The LE has moving amp feet, moving link pod lid, some extra gi, ramp protectors, navi ball, ramp entry switch, lighted apron, chrome hardware and added figures (colonel in amp suit, 3 navi figures on the left, banshee over the ramp), a shaker, playfield rails and a number plaque.

Yup you covered it all but the rules are different because of the Navi ball which doubles the scoring for that ball and it has it's own call out for it too and the chrome is beautiful show quality chrome too.

#668 8 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Yeah so it's nothing too exciting so if I could pickup a pro for a good price then I should look at getting it

Probably.

4 weeks later
#674 8 years ago

Have you seen my posts about putting led strips on my ramps? I super glued them on. With the stuff you have drilling is about the only way to put it on. Get the really small wire ties so the holes don't have to be that big and also buy a back up ramp while their still available from Marco.

#676 8 years ago
Quoted from kinghalfter:

Hi Avatar Club,
i´ve a 2nd run Avatar pro and updated the GameCode (downloaded from sternpinball.com) to 1.10, but it doesn´t work ... Tested many things (different USB Devices, different internet connections for the download), but every time I update, it runs perfect till it says "reboot" - then the Pin hangs up --> A friend of mine told me I can test an other gamecode (X-MAN Pro) --> and this one runs perfect, so the gamecode on the Stern website isn´t working on the 2nd run Avatar pro ...
Can you please upload the gamecode for the second run Avatar for me?
(CPU Board: 520-5246-02 BootRom: V2.0)
Would be very very nice.
thanks a lot and greetings from Germany/Stuttgart
Heiko

Nice for you to join us. Wish I could help but I have a first run LE.

#679 8 years ago
Quoted from kinghalfter:

My manufacturing date is Feb 04 2013
I know now that there are different Avatar pros out there
The first run: CPU Bd. No.: 520-5246-00 U9 Boot ROM: V3.1
second run: CPU Bd. No.: 520-5246-02 U9 Boot ROM: V2.0
So i think, the download on the website is only for avatar CPU Bd. 520-5246-00
Because XMEN has the same config like avatar 2nd run and when i install XMEN it's starting...
So all i need is somebody with the second run avatar (with CPU 520-5246-02 and Boot ROM V2.0) who can backup his gamecode and upload it. If somebody would do that und my avatar is working after that, i would send some money via paypal to him

Put up a Want Ad post, it will be seen by a lot of people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
544 posts in this topic match your search for posts by MustangPaul. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.