(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,979 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240420_082334 (resized).jpg
20240420_080954 (resized).jpg
20240420_080908 (resized).jpg
20240420_080901 (resized).jpg
20240420_081013 (resized).jpg
20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#493 9 years ago

I've just joined the club :>. Anyone have any good custom instruction cards?

#495 9 years ago

Thanks Paul, its just a pro but seems to be in good condition. Which parts are hard to come by?

#497 9 years ago

Luckily all of those are ok on mine atm.

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good to hear. Put up a few pictures of your gameroom.

I've just added some to my profile.

#501 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Super collection, we have 3 games in common.

Thanks, so we do. Is that a basement gamesroom?

Back to Avatar, this game is kicking my ass, is it generally thought of as being quite tough?

#505 9 years ago

When I say its tough I wasn't referring to the rules, more actually keeping the ball in play, loads of SDTM, outlanes seem to have a vacuum. Clearly I need to improve. Its way harder than my Spiderman.

#509 9 years ago

Yes I have the spring, can it be adjusted to push the ball further left? Actually I've noticed that the ball often hits that, moves left but then hits the standup target which pushes it back to the right.

#511 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW mine doesn't push it that far to the left.

I'll have a proper look at it over the next few days, in work atm.

#513 9 years ago

I probably do have mine too steep, tend to have all modern machines around 7.5 degree.

#515 9 years ago

Do you have all your pins set up differently? Think I have Medusa and Centaur set at 6.5

#519 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Put the spring on the post directly below the one that it comes on. Ball will always fall perfectly out of the pops area to the left and never hit the target if you change that one little thing.

This is how mine is......are you saying it should be one post lower?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#521 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I bent it into a different shape - so it still goes into the hole in the wood where the target is...just "routed" a bit differently. I wish I had some pics handy - I posted about this mod a bunch of times...there are probably pictures on RGP.

Yup, exactly! When it's on that post, it doesn't guide the ball into the target.

Thanks, I'll try that.

#522 9 years ago

I just fitted a shaker to my pro and have it on maximum usage, does anyone think it could be used more often? it doesn't seem to be used as much as in my SM.

#536 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Put the spring on the post directly below the one that it comes on. Ball will always fall perfectly out of the pops area to the left and never hit the target if you change that one little thing.

Thanks Rarehero, I've moved it to the lower post and it seems to have done the trick. Took a fair bit of fiddling and I ended up cutting a piece of coil sleeve and putting it inside the spring as the spring is much bigger than the post, long story but it works fine now. Here's a pic...

image.jpgimage.jpg
#543 9 years ago

Well mine is completely kicking my ass so far, moving the spring has improved things a lot but those outlanes are very hungry.

#547 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Not if you block them off with a piece of foam!
(lame attempt at humor, don't call the joke police)

....or elastic bands! now there's an idea.

2 months later
#615 8 years ago

Are there ramp protectors for this machine (pro)?

#617 8 years ago

Do people normally fit a post to stop this happening? Happened to me twice today.

20150623_222505.jpg20150623_222505.jpg

#621 8 years ago

Yeah thats whats happening. How are you supposed to stop airballs off posts? I know well that bending standup targets forward and replacing their wornout foam prevents airballs but what can you do with posts? Replace the rubbers? They look fine though. I get a lot of airballs from the posts on my TOM and they arent the little rubbers but the full length cylindrical rubbers.

I'd really like to find some ramp protectors too as mentioned above, I waxed the playfield yesterday and now The Flash wouldn't be able to keep up with balls on this machine, a bit worried about that ramp.

#624 8 years ago

Sounds good in theory except the post has a groove the rubber sits in.

6 months later
#673 8 years ago

Anyone modded their Avatar ramp with side glow fibre optic light tubing like the Tron Eli ramp mod? I just came across some on ebay and its quite cheap so bought some to play with along with a blue light souce to power it. Was thinking of adding it to Avatars ramp and either having it on all the time or tied into a flasher. Only thing holding me back is drilling the ramp. Anyone done this or thought about it?

3 weeks later
#695 8 years ago

I am hosting a league meet this weekend, how do you completely turn off extra balls? I have extra balls set to none and went through every setting making sure nothing was set to give an extra ball ( specials/replays/competition mode on ) yet in a test game I just received an extra ball, I believe it was given by Eywa but I may have been mistaken.

#696 8 years ago

Anyone?

#698 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Setting extra balls to "none" should do the trick. Might want to double check the setting.
Worst-case, see if there's a way to set it to award a credit. Points is an option, but I'm not sure how unbalancing those are. It's big on some games, small on others.
Or, make a ruling that if an extra ball is received, the player must full-plunge it and not touch the machine after. That's how leagues often handle extra ball scenarios (at least in terms of EBs that can't be played.. in my league, it's play one EB, then full plunge all others).

Its definetly set to none but I will try your sugestion, only thing is you can set replays and specials to give credits etc but there is no option to stop eywa dishing it out as a random award. Usually setting tournament to yes would stop extra ball as a random award but it seems not on this machine. I will go through the settings again and tripple check everything but as a last resort it will be as you said, plunge only on extra balls if they can't be disabled, thats how our league works here too.

Thanks

Kev

1 month later
#719 8 years ago

Has anyone changed the music in Avatar with pinball browser?

2 months later
6 months later
#1023 7 years ago

Anyone getting strange colours/glitches on some of the scores with the colordmd?

#1028 7 years ago

Have tested the fix and and all is fine now, speedy work luvthatapex2, thanks.

Kev

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is that an lcd version?

Yes thats an LCD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested?tu=Kevlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.