(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,979 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240420_082334 (resized).jpg
20240420_080954 (resized).jpg
20240420_080908 (resized).jpg
20240420_080901 (resized).jpg
20240420_081013 (resized).jpg
20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darkwing.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1455 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm the default outlane post settings for this game? Just picked one up and they're all the way on the most closed position, but it seems like someone may have moved them

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Default is wide open I believe. Welcome to the club.

Thanks man! I usually like to set the outlanes to stock, but gotta admit, the game is still very challenging with the outlanes closed. Think I’ll leave them alone for awhile

1 week later
#1463 5 years ago

Almost done with the shop job here, and I’m curious about the right orbit on some of your Avatars. My right orbit tends to let the ball hit the right sling when it comes out... Wondering if it’s supposed to do that or if I’ve got an angle off somewhere . Thanks in advance.

#1471 5 years ago

Cool decal on the 3bank target. I think the SDTM issue also has a lot to do with how level the machine is. The Avatar I played on location had the spring turned backwards so it was doing nothing, yet the machine was leaning to one side so much it didn’t matter . It made every other shot harder, but hey no SDTM haha

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Mine comes pretty reliably to the right flipper

Thanks for verifying! That’s what I’m seeing on YouTube videos too, but appreciate a second opinion. It looks like the metal guide on my orbit is installed a little weird, like it bends in a bit too much towards the top and then goes back out a bit, causing the ball to miss a good bit of the curve that would get it to the flipper. I am going to have to take the ramp back off and dial that in with some pliers . If I had to guess, Stern installed the ball launch ramp just a tad too far towards the back of the playfield causing that weird curve.

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Also, is 1.1 the most recent software for the Pro?
Stern's website shows 1.2, but then the readme refers to 1.1 being the last version (or 2.0 for an alternate boardset.) I thought I'd seen chatter in here indicating 1.1 was the latest, too
[quoted image]

The Avatar Pro 1.20 text on the website appears to be an error. Checking the changelog inside the file shows it's just 2.00, which was apparently a patch for the LE's that included a different USB chipset.

V2.00 - January 29, 2013
=======================
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5246-02 need to use V2.00 code.
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5246-00 need to use V1.10 code.
- CPU Part #520-5246-02 is built with an FTDI USB chip
- CPU Part #520-5246-00 is built with an Atmel USB chip
- There are no game rule changes between V1.10 & V2.00

V1.10 - November 10, 2011
=======================

- Modified Tilt to handle game images of larger size.
- Added a flash image verification at power-up when left flipper is held.
- Added a checksum to the end of the image file.
<snip>

3 months later
#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

We still haven't seen the extra ball. I've read numerous posts on how to obtain it, no luck. It may not be functioning. I switched the special to be an extra ball so we had a way to get one.

Not sure I have seen one at all. Might just be the way Eywa works, I don’t end up hitting that a ton, and when I do I’m generally hoping for an add a ball or extended timer in a mode, which I think the code prioritizes anyway.

I like your idea of changing the special reward to extra ball. Seems like a solid option in a home environment (and with such a difficult game).

3 weeks later
#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

So I've been having a problem with a ball locking at the Link Gates and then the games holds the ball and eventually ends the ball I'm on and starts the next ball (or game over). So if I lock a ball on the 2nd ball, it ends and goes to the 3rd ball.
It doesn't do this all the time either.
Any ideas? I glanced through this thread and didn't see anything, so forgive me if I missed it here in the 1K posts..

Is the switch inside all good on switch test?

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Hi,
Ok thanks the info. I watched this LED pack: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1024-pinballbulbs/00519-avatar-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit-green-gi what do you think? Is this will be good?
Thanks.

I’ve traditionally done my games with cool white bulbs, but I did put that exact pinballbulbs kit in my Avatar and it looks badass. For reference, I have it next to a HUO Ripley’s with just cool white bulbs, and it makes the Ripley’s look bland now All personal preference of course, but I’ve put kits from pinballbulbs in both Avatar and Tron and have been satisfied with everything but the price of the kit hahaha

1 week later
#1565 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

My Avatar Pro machine upgrade almost ready.
I wanna buy a LED OCD. What do you think about this?
The LED OCD - Stern SAM - Stern/Sega Whitestar is $129.00
The GIzmo - Stern SAM - Stern/Sega Whitestar is $49.00
Should I buy both? I think the LED OCD is enough.
Thanks.

You’ll notice the biggest improvements with the LED OCD (for the inserts). I haven’t noticed a lot of similarly impacted effects with the GI lights.

1 week later
#1584 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Does a shaker motor add a lot to the Avatar Pro game? My teenage boys don't seem to like Avatar and I'm wondering if a shaker motor may catch their interest. My wife and I really enjoy Avatar. My boys seem to gravitate to the Spider-Man and Avengers games when we go out and play pinball. Just curious as to everyone's thoughts.

I added a shaker and it’s great feedback for the jackpot shots. I don’t think it fundamentally changes the game at all though, so might not change their opinion. It’s a very challenging game that rewards stacked modes and multiballs, which is what I dig.

3 months later
#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Bought FF speaker upgrade kit hope the 10" woofer is not going to be a problem?
Also hooking up Subwoofer but am wondering if this is an over kill?
An opinions

Internal sub is always a nice touch. I’ve got an external sub on my Avatar, and it sounds just as good/loud as compared to the games with both an internal/external sub. Either way works

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darkwing.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested?tu=Darkwing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.